Jim Hill To Replace Alan Massengale on LTV?

Postby Lakeshow24 on Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:30 pm

Replace Joel Meyers. He's a snoozefest.
UCLA, Los Angeles, CA. Born and Raised.
In Dr. Buss I Truss!
THE ORIGINATOR OF: "Call It From Heaven Chick!"
"To be removed if the Lakers make the playoffs." Well, I removed it for an hour and decided to put it back. I have to be honest.
Lakeshow24

Postby PnOySneakerBoi24 on Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:46 pm

wat happend to massengale n e ways
PnOySneakerBoi24

Postby Weezy on Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:58 pm

I like Joel. You can tell Stu is uncomfortable when he's staring into his eyes from 1 foot away, but I still like Joel's commentating. I love imitating him and making fun of his deep tone.

As for Jim Hill, I like him too. Massengale was entertaining, but I don't really care that much about the pre-game and halftime show so I dont really care who does it, as long as Big Game James is there it doesn't matter who's next to him. I do miss one thing though, them shooting those little basketballs into that tiny hoop. What happened to that, I liked seeing Worthy make those things?
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby number8 on Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:09 pm

I've always had respect for Jim Hill as a sports journalist, but as a host he's dull and I don't like the chemistry between he and James. Worthy has a dry sense of of humor himself and between the two of them there's no energy in the show.

I can only hope Jim Hill is just a stand in while they search for a real host.
number8

Postby Chicano on Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:45 pm

Weezy wrote:I like Joel. You can tell Stu is uncomfortable when he's staring into his eyes from 1 foot away, but I still like Joel's commentating.

:man10: :man10: :man10: LMFAO!!!! :lol:
(i've ALWAYS noticed/thought this as well...)

Weezy wrote:I do miss one thing though, them shooting those little basketballs into that tiny hoop. What happened to that, I liked seeing Worthy make those things?

Same here man, same here. :man5:

number8 wrote:
I can only hope Jim Hill is just a stand in while they search for a real host.

Haley? :man1:
Chicano

Postby stylerip on Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:57 pm

Put JVG or tell Paul Westphal to quit his assistant coaching job and be next to Worthy! I guess they don't pay them enough.
"People think that everyone pisses their pants when they realize Bynum is coming to town its after the game when they piss their pants." - KB+KG=DOMINATION
stylerip

Postby z32 on Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:35 am

Eh, I don't really have a problem with Jim Hill. There wasn't anything spectacular about Massengale that has me missing him as a Laker host.

Concerning Joel, before I wasn't a fan of his at all, but I've actually grown accustomed to his style of announcing. I just wish he'd put more energy when the big moments come kinda like how Sunderland did it(not necessarily as overtop as Sunderland was).

Now, the BIG problem I have is with Norm "Snorefest" Nixon. Man, do I just fall asleep whenever he talks. He's just so unnatural whenever he tries to analyze anything. You can see that he's been trying to get better, but everything still comes out awkward with him. I REALLY miss Haley at those FSN Post Game shows. It's just not the same without him, and really not worth watching aside from the locker room reports and interviews.
z32

Postby Chicano on Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:42 am

z32 wrote:
Now, the BIG problem I have is with Norm "Snorefest" Nixon. Man, do I just fall asleep whenever he talks. He's just so unnatural whenever he tries to analyze anything. You can see that he's been trying to get better, but everything still comes out awkward with him. I REALLY miss Haley at those FSN Post Game shows. It's just not the same without him, and really not worth watching aside from the locker room reports and interviews.

My sentiments exactly.
Chicano

Previous

Return to Lakers Discussion