Jim Hill To Replace Alan Massengale on LTV?

Jim Hill To Replace Alan Massengale on LTV?

Postby BDG on Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:42 pm

Just saw a report on CBS2 (KCAL's sister station if you didn't know).

Steve Hartman and Jim Hill were in the studio and showing highlights from training camp and Media Day.

During media day they showed Kobe shooting a promo with just Big Game James and Hill. No Alan Massengale. Kobe said something along the lines of "Two L.A. legends, one station. You're watching LTV."

Hartman was joking with Hill calling him "Mr. LTV" as well and said the bar would be raised with him in the mix.

This stuff isn't verbatim, but it looks like Alan Massengale's out and Jim Hill is in. I hope Massengale is kept in some capacity, because I always liked the guy.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby LAFan1188 on Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:43 pm

massengale is alright but as far as im concerned, whoever they put next to james worthy is just a talking head....as long as big game is there im cool
:L:F:F:L:
Laker Fan For Life, from '93 til Infinity
Bill Walton
"You look at Vladimir Radmanovic, this guy is cut from stone. As if Michelangelo was reading and a lightening bolt flashed before him."
LAFan1188

Postby CJ on Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:48 pm

yea i heard about this a while back its jim hill who will be replacing allan
CJ
England's Lakers Rep

Postby LakerFan4L1fe24 on Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:52 pm

nooooooooo I like Alan Massengale, Jim Hill bores me he talks with no excitement
LakerFan4L1fe24

Postby revgen on Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:03 pm

As long as BGJ is there, it doesn't matter to me who they have with him.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby aka_USAPA on Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:08 pm

I agree with the other poster that Jim Hill is boring.
aka_USAPA

Postby Godfather on Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:09 pm

As long as Worthy doesn't leave, it's cool but, I like Alan =/
Godfather

Postby Showtime is Magic on Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:33 pm

Godfather wrote:As long as Worthy doesn't leave, it's cool but, I like Alan =/
Image Image
Showtime is Magic

Postby Weezy on Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:40 pm

As has been said, doesn't really matter to me who they put next to Worthy. Masenagle is cool, but I like Jim Hill, I think he's earned a spot on LTV at the very least. You always see him as the main guy interviewing players in the locker room when they're celebrating championships back from 00-02, he's always there, and even today you see him stand out in a group of interviewers. Maybe they can give Masengale John Ireland's interviewing job and have him down on the floor at games. :mhihi:
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby luis2k10 on Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:55 pm

alan massengale's conctract with cbs was not renewd earlier this year. So I dont think he will be back on LTV. Too bad because I always though he had good chemistry with Big James.
luis2k10

Postby Godfather on Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:57 pm

I can't imagine Jim Hill shooting any of those mini Laker balls into the mini hoop...
Godfather

Postby 619 on Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:05 pm

Jim Hill sucks

Postby hZm on Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:04 pm

Jim Hill is more of an old school guy.

I'll hve to wait and see how this turns out.
hZm

Postby Apexed on Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:05 pm

619 wrote:Jim Hill sucks

Jim Hill, CBS 2 Sports Director, rejoined the CBS 2 News team in March, 1992. Hill reports on CBS 2 News weekdays at 6 p.m. and 11 p.m. In addition, he hosts the Sunday Night Sports Final at 11:15 p.m.

Hill, a former NFL football player, combines his talents as a broadcaster and his experience on the playing field as well as his relationships as a reporter to produce precise sports coverage every weeknight.

Hill feels at home in the studios of CBS 2, where he was sportscaster for 11 years, from 1976 through 1987. Prior to returning to CBS 2 in 1992, Hill spent four years with KABC-TV, Los Angeles.

Hill, an award-winning broadcaster, has been honored with the 1994 Associated Press "Best Sportscast" trophy for Action News Sports at 5 p.m. In addition, he has been honored with six awards for Best Sportscast and Best Reporting from the Los Angeles Press Club. He has received four awards for Best Sports from the California Associated Press Television and Radio Association. He has been awarded an Emmy, and a nomination from the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences. Hill also received "Best Sports Reporting" award from United Press International (UPI).

Polls conducted by local newspapers over the years have named Hill the top Southern California sportscaster. Additionally, Hill was highlighted as tops in Los Angeles by the national newspaper, USA Today.

Hill is active with several community and sports fitness organizations. Most recently, He was named a member of the board of directors of the Los Angeles Urban League. He is also a member of the board of directors for the Grossman Burns Center in Sherman Oaks. Hill is also on the advisory board for the Boy Scouts of America.
He currently serves as the official spokesperson for the City of Los Angeles Department of Recreation and Parks. In this honorary role, Hill works with the office of the Mayor and the Department of Recreation and Parks in numerous youth outreach and sports fitness programs.

In addition, Hill is a member of the State of California Governor's Board for Physical Fitness and Sports and a member of the President's Council for Physical Fitness. He has served as chair of Los Angeles County's "Just Say No" anti-drug program, chair of the Watts Summer Games and president of Athletes for Kids. He is also a member of the Board of Directors of the Magic Johnson Fundraiser for the United Negro College Fund.

http://cbs2.com/bios/local_bio_288181524.html
Apexed

Postby 619 on Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:14 pm

Apexed wrote:

Jim Hill, CBS 2 Sports Director, rejoined the CBS 2 News team in March, 1992. Hill reports on CBS 2 News weekdays at 6 p.m. and 11 p.m. In addition, he hosts the Sunday Night Sports Final at 11:15 p.m.

Hill, a former NFL football player, combines his talents as a broadcaster and his experience on the playing field as well as his relationships as a reporter to produce precise sports coverage every weeknight.

Hill feels at home in the studios of CBS 2, where he was sportscaster for 11 years, from 1976 through 1987. Prior to returning to CBS 2 in 1992, Hill spent four years with KABC-TV, Los Angeles.

Hill, an award-winning broadcaster, has been honored with the 1994 Associated Press "Best Sportscast" trophy for Action News Sports at 5 p.m. In addition, he has been honored with six awards for Best Sportscast and Best Reporting from the Los Angeles Press Club. He has received four awards for Best Sports from the California Associated Press Television and Radio Association. He has been awarded an Emmy, and a nomination from the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences. Hill also received "Best Sports Reporting" award from United Press International (UPI).

Polls conducted by local newspapers over the years have named Hill the top Southern California sportscaster. Additionally, Hill was highlighted as tops in Los Angeles by the national newspaper, USA Today.

Hill is active with several community and sports fitness organizations. Most recently, He was named a member of the board of directors of the Los Angeles Urban League. He is also a member of the board of directors for the Grossman Burns Center in Sherman Oaks. Hill is also on the advisory board for the Boy Scouts of America.
He currently serves as the official spokesperson for the City of Los Angeles Department of Recreation and Parks. In this honorary role, Hill works with the office of the Mayor and the Department of Recreation and Parks in numerous youth outreach and sports fitness programs.

In addition, Hill is a member of the State of California Governor's Board for Physical Fitness and Sports and a member of the President's Council for Physical Fitness. He has served as chair of Los Angeles County's "Just Say No" anti-drug program, chair of the Watts Summer Games and president of Athletes for Kids. He is also a member of the Board of Directors of the Magic Johnson Fundraiser for the United Negro College Fund.

Is that you Jim? If it is change up that monotone voice you have.

What he does for the community is great. I'm only speaking on him as a reporter. He's boring and has a monotone voice. Massengale was good. There was no need for a change.

Postby Apexed on Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:25 pm

619 wrote:
Apexed wrote:

Is that you Jim? If it is change up that monotone voice you have.

What he does for the community is great. I'm only speaking on him as a reporter. He's boring and has a monotone voice. Massengale was good. There was no need for a change.

don't be mad because you're wrong.
Apexed

Postby emplay on Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:25 pm

alan's a solid guy - kcal kept lowering their budget so he decided to move on when his contract was up
emplay
Clublakers Analyst

Postby Apexed on Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:27 pm

I got no problem with Jim Hill.

Vic the Brick wouldn't be so bad either lol.
Apexed

Postby Juronimo on Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:36 pm

I cosign everyone, as long as Big Game James is there, I'm cool.

Ferguson, we hear you.
RIP Mike Brown.
Juronimo

Postby 619 on Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:46 pm

Apexed wrote:don't be mad because you're wrong.

:man10: :man10: Is that what you think? The guy sucks he's monotone and has zero personality. Look up how many awards Hacksaw has and then tell me how valid those awards are. :man10: :man10:

Try thinking for yourself it ain't that hard.

Postby Apexed on Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:26 pm

619 wrote:

:man10: :man10: Is that what you think? The guy sucks he's monotone and has zero personality. Look up how many awards Hacksaw has and then tell me how valid those awards are. :man10: :man10:

Ok, so he sucks as a sportscaster or reporter because you don't like the tone of his voice?
Apexed

Postby Weezy on Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:46 pm

Adding to what Apexed is saying I notice that at the begining of some interviews or when he's behind the scenes (can't really explain what I mean) the players acknowledge him, they seem to like and respect him, he knows what he's talking about out there and what he's doing. Also, he can be monotone in his news reports, but aren't most reporters, aren't they all kinda mechanical? I've seen him just plain talking with players or other news people and when he loosens up he's as normal as the next person, I'm sure next to Worthy he'll be fine.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby LAFan1188 on Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:22 pm

Apexed wrote:
619 wrote:

Ok, so he sucks as a sportscaster or reporter because you don't like the tone of his voice?

people are entitled to their opinion, right?
:L:F:F:L:
Laker Fan For Life, from '93 til Infinity
Bill Walton
"You look at Vladimir Radmanovic, this guy is cut from stone. As if Michelangelo was reading and a lightening bolt flashed before him."
LAFan1188

Postby Duce Bigallow on Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:37 pm

LAFan1188 wrote:
Apexed wrote:
619 wrote:

people are entitled to their opinion, right?

Yes, and opinions are like anuses. Yours needs wiping.
Duce Bigallow

Postby Andrew Evenstar on Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:47 pm

Yep, this is awesome, it was announce on media day.
[The Will To Act] | [My Music Blog]

Born a Laker fan.
Andrew Evenstar

Next

Return to Lakers Discussion