Jodie Meeks: signs with Pistons-3 yr / 19mil!?!? = cya

Re: Lakers in contact with Jodie Meeks

Postby lakersin4 on Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:26 pm

revgen wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if he goes to the Wizards. He has a much better chance of getting minutes there than he would behind Kobe.

More minutes behind a stud like BetterthanMichael Jordan Crawford? Don't think so
lakersin4

Re: Jodie Meeks

Postby JUST-MING on Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:39 pm

lakersin4 wrote:
revgen wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if he goes to the Wizards. He has a much better chance of getting minutes there than he would behind Kobe.

More minutes behind a stud like Jordan Crawford?

Washington: Mid-Level $5 million; $1,853,491 TPE (Rashard Lewis, expires 6/20/13)
Los Angeles: Mini Mid-Level $3 million; $1,422,027 TPE (Luke Walton, expires 3/15/13)

Jodie Meeks would be playing behind John Wall (PG) and Bradley Beal (SG) in Washington.
JUST-MING

Postby revgen on Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:58 pm

lakersin4 wrote:

More minutes behind a stud like BetterthanMichael Jordan Crawford? Don't think so

Crawford is not a stud.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby Doc Brown on Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:14 pm

revgen wrote:
lakersin4 wrote:

Crawford is not a stud.

He dunked on Lebron........Lebron is GOAT.......if so facto.....Crawford is HOF level.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby revgen on Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:38 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
revgen wrote:
lakersin4 wrote:

Crawford is not a stud.

He dunked on Lebron........Lebron is GOAT.......if so facto.....Crawford is HOF level.

Is that the kid who dunked on Lebron and somebody was filming it and got their camera taken away? It's been awhile, but I think it was him.

revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby Doc Brown on Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:40 pm

revgen wrote:Is that the kid who dunked on Lebron and somebody was filming it and got their camera taken away?

Yep, that was him. IIRC it was at a NIKE camp and either Lebron's crew or Nike people went around trying to get their hands on all video so no one could see what happened.

I like to call it, "The Confiscation"........starring Lebron James.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Re: Incident

Postby JUST-MING on Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:04 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
revgen wrote:Is that the kid who dunked on Lebron and somebody filming it got their camera taken away?

Yep, that was him. IIRC it was at a NIKE camp and either Lebron's crew or Nike went around trying to get their hands on all video so no one could see what happened. I like to call it, "The Confiscation".

I vaguely remember the dunk, but I remember TMZ paid $15 grand for a grainy cell phone recording of it, and some other site paid $50 grand for a standard definition cell phone video clip of it.
JUST-MING

Postby LakerFan1980 on Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:15 pm

They should sign this kid!
WE PAY CASH FOR HOUSES
424-216-8525
LakerFan1980

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:59 am

Any news?
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby Whatthef? on Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:16 am

Rush or Weeks should be a no brainer compared to what we have at the backup two guard spot.
C'mon Mitch get it done.
Whatthef?

Postby khmrP on Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:45 pm

dont see why a young player like meeks would sacrifice more money and less PT to come here, I know Hill did by resigning here for less but that has rarely happened as of late.
khmrP

Postby therealdeal on Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:03 pm

khmrP wrote:dont see why a young player like meeks would sacrifice more money and less PT to come here, I know Hill did by resigning here for less but that has rarely happened as of late.

Well if it's between the Lakers, Bucks, and Wizards then the Lakers are at least in the mix. We may not have the money but we've got just as much playing time and way more potential to win. Heck follow the Shannon Brown method: come here win and play well then go get paid.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Ariza3 on Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:43 pm

therealdeal wrote:
khmrP wrote:dont see why a young player like meeks would sacrifice more money and less PT to come here, I know Hill did by resigning here for less but that has rarely happened as of late.

Well if it's between the Lakers, Bucks, and Wizards then the Lakers are at least in the mix. We may not have the money but we've got just as much playing time and way more potential to win. Heck follow the Shannon Brown method: come here win and play well then go get paid.

thats exactly what i would do if i were a young talent. get the exposure, a ring or 2, and go get the big $ for another good team. sesh failed with that lol
Ariza3

Postby LooN3y on Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:21 pm

therealdeal wrote:

i hardley see him getting any significant mins in the bucks, significant minutes as a back up 2 playing behind jennings, ellis, and possibly beno?

lol itll be basically the same situation over here with blake, kobe, and nash, except he cna get alot of burn if he does well taking blakes minutes
LooN3y

Postby therealdeal on Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:32 pm

Blake isn't a shooting guard so if Meeks came here he'd get 13-15 automatically behind Kobe. Much different situation.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Finwë on Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:41 pm

therealdeal wrote:Blake isn't a shooting guard so if Meeks came here he'd get 13-15 automatically behind Kobe. Much different situation.

Tell that to Mike Brown. He played him next to Sessions lots of times. Had him guarding Andre Miller during crunch time in the playoffs (one of the biggest reasons we lost the closeout game).
Let's hope that changes this season.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby revgen on Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:44 pm

"I'm just looking for a place where I can play my game that I know how to play," Meeks said. "Not just spot-up shooting. I think I'm a scorer. Obviously, I did that in college and I think I can do that in the NBA also."

http://www.kentucky.com/2012/07/28/2274999/john-clay-meeks-in-nba-limbo-but.html

Doesn't look like he's interested in playing off Nash, Bynum, Kobe, or Pau. He wants the rock in his hands.

That's not gonna happen here. Looks like he's going to Washington.

revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:45 pm

revgen wrote:
"I'm just looking for a place where I can play my game that I know how to play," Meeks said. "Not just spot-up shooting. I think I'm a scorer. Obviously, I did that in college and I think I can do that in the NBA also."

http://www.kentucky.com/2012/07/28/2274999/john-clay-meeks-in-nba-limbo-but.html

Doesn't look like he's interested in playing off Nash, Bynum, Kobe, or Pau. He wants the rock in his hands.

And he won't get that in Washington either.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby therealdeal on Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:46 pm

revgen wrote:

Why would he get that in Washington?
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby revgen on Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:49 pm

therealdeal wrote:
revgen wrote:

He may or he not, but his chance of being a scorer here is 0%. Nash, Bynum, Kobe, and Pau will get the rock before he does.

He's a spot-up shooter on this team. Exactly what he says he doesn't want to be.

revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby therealdeal on Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:53 pm

revgen wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
revgen wrote:

He may or he not, but his chance of being a scorer here is 0%. Nash, Bynum, Kobe, and Pau will get the rock before he does.

He's a spot-up shooter on this team. Exactly what he says he doesn't want to be.
he'll be on the bench not the starting lineup. We've been asking for another creator off the bench anyway. If that's what he wants to do then he can come here to do it.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby revgen on Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:55 pm

therealdeal wrote:
revgen wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
revgen wrote:

he'll be on the bench not the starting lineup. We've been asking for another creator off the bench anyway. If that's what he wants to do then he can come here to do it.

Jamison is our shot creator off the bench, and he'll be on the floor with one of our starters. Usually Pau or Bynum. Meeks will be a 3rd option player behind Jamison and Bynum/Pau while getting limited minutes behind Kobe. That's not what he's looking for.

revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Re: Rotations

Postby JUST-MING on Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:58 pm

Jamison can open the paint for Nash, Bryant, Gasol and Bynum. Artest can’t. He should start at forward.
JUST-MING

Re: Rotations

Postby revgen on Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:00 pm

JUST-MING wrote:Jamison can open the paint for Nash, Bryant, Gasol and Bynum. Artest can’t. He should start at forward.

We didn't sign Jamison to be a 5th option player.

revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby therealdeal on Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:03 pm

Jamison is not a creator he's a shooter and he does a good job of getting himself to spots to be set up. He's not great at setting up others. We still need a player like that. We've all been asking for someone who can create shots for himself, if that's Meeks then that's perfect.

Minutes and opportunities will limited anywhere he goes. Why wouldn't he come here to try to win? The Wizards and Bucks are full of young guards who will get time over him. Here he'd play behind Kobe, but that's a guaranteed period of time because we have no other backup SG. And if he does really well, move Kobe to SF every now and then to get him more time. Again think Shannon Brown. He came here and got an opportunity. If Meeks can do the same then all power to him.

Not saying he'll come here, just that your reasoning doesn't fit.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion