Jodie Meeks: signs with Pistons-3 yr / 19mil!?!? = cya

Re: Lakers in contact with Jodie Meeks

Postby Doc Brown on Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:22 am

If my choices were Nate Robinson or Steve Blake playing 20 minutes a game. Give me Nate Robinson every single day and twice on Sunday.

And from the looks of things, we don't have too many options for cheap like that left in free agency.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby JGC on Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:57 am

Doc Brown wrote:If my choices were Nate Robinson or Steve Blake playing 20 minutes a game. Give me Nate Robinson every single day and twice on Sunday.

And from the looks of things, we don't have too many options for cheap like that left in free agency.

Oh god no. I'd rather have Blake. And a Nate-like player at the 2.

Nate would be jacking long 2s while Kobe, Bynum and Pau wait for the ball. Kobe's frustrating ISO play was bad, but, at least we're talking Kobe Bryant here.
JGC

Postby Doc Brown on Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:30 am

JGC wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:If my choices were Nate Robinson or Steve Blake playing 20 minutes a game. Give me Nate Robinson every single day and twice on Sunday.

Oh god no. I'd rather have Blake. And a Nate-like player at the 2.

Nate would be jacking long 2s while Kobe, Bynum and Pau wait for the ball. Kobe's frustrating ISO play was bad, but, at least we're talking Kobe Bryant here.

Who averaged more assists last year in the same amount of minutes? The black hole or the guy that is supposedly trying to set others up....

Who shot better from 3 point range last year? The black hole or the guy that was brought in to knock down 3's.....

I guess you hate the Jamison pick up as well because he "jacked up" 16 shots a game last year.

Robinson (11.6) almost doubles Blake (6.5) in efficiency, Robinson ranked 32, Blake ranked 50. Blake's efficiency per 48 minutes (13.2) is just barely beating Robinson's at 23 minutes and Robinson's efficiency per 48 minutes dominates (23.7) dominates Blake's.

PG ranks Nate vs. Blake....

Points - Nate (28) / Blake (52)
Assists - Nate (30) / Blake (43)
Steals - Nate (20) / Blake (42)
FGM - Nate (26) / Blake (Does not Qualify)
FGA - Nate (26) / Blake (57)
FG% - Nate (27) / Blake (Does not Qualify)
3PT% - Nate (22) / Blake (34)
3PTM - Nate (15) / Blake (28)
FTA - Nate (29) / Blake (Does not Qualify)
TO'S - Nate (44) / Blake (46)

You can have Blake at 2 years 8 million....I'll take the guy who ranks better as a PG in every category for the vet.min. :man10:
Last edited by Doc Brown on Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby The Rock on Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:41 am

Steve Blake has stage fright. Seriously I dont think hes a good fit here. Hes just too scared to shoot sometimes.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:20 am

:man10: @ people saying no to Nate. Is the guy perfect? No, but he's a damn good bench player and he sure as hell is better than that scrub Blake.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby cthroatgtr on Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:52 am

KeepBynum wrote::man10: @ people saying no to Nate. Is the guy perfect? No, but he's a damn good bench player and he sure as hell is better than that scrub Blake.

Only on offense. People seem to ignore that last year for large stretches Blake was the teams best bench player. He plays solid D on PG he is just undersized to guard SG. He is not a great creator but is ok. He is a typical bench player. Nate can score but is more a shoot first PG and is woefully undersized as a defender. Where Blake can in a pinch play SG, Nate cannot and is best next to a PG-minded shooting guard.

The Lakers issues with P/R - PG defense is about the scheme and team defense. Bynum like Shaq is easily exploited in P/R and it would not be resolved by an all world PG defender. Very few teams have a center like Bynum so there is very little comparison from other teams.
cthroatgtr

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:06 am

cthroatgtr wrote:
KeepBynum wrote::man10: @ people saying no to Nate. Is the guy perfect? No, but he's a damn good bench player and he sure as hell is better than that scrub Blake.

Only on offense. People seem to ignore that last year for large stretches Blake was the teams best bench player. He plays solid D on PG he is just undersized to guard SG. He is not a great creator but is ok. He is a typical bench player. Nate can score but is more a shoot first PG and is woefully undersized as a defender. Where Blake can in a pinch play SG, Nate cannot and is best next to a PG-minded shooting guard.

The Lakers issues with P/R - PG defense is about the scheme and team defense. Bynum like Shaq is easily exploited in P/R and it would not be resolved by an all world PG defender. Very few teams have a center like Bynum so there is very little comparison from other teams.

That's not exactly saying much. He wasn't our best bench player. Matt Barnes was. Steve Blake cannot play SG at all. He gets absoluteky torched on defense and he can't even hit open shots anymore.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby cthroatgtr on Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:21 am

KeepBynum wrote:
cthroatgtr wrote:

That's not exactly saying much. He wasn't our best bench player. Matt Barnes was. Steve Blake cannot play SG at all. He gets absoluteky torched on defense and he can't even hit open shots anymore.

Barnes was aweful most of the year. He had one good month towards the end of the year and was atrocious in the playoffs. Before he was hurt, Blake (which speaks volumes of the bench) was the best bench player. Blake was good in round 1 awful in round 2.
cthroatgtr

Postby therealdeal on Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:22 am

is this the Jodie Meeks thread or the Nate Robinson thread? Bring it back on topic.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:24 am

cthroatgtr wrote:
KeepBynum wrote:
cthroatgtr wrote:

Barnes was aweful most of the year. He had one good month towards the end of the year and was atrocious in the playoffs. Before he was hurt, Blake (which speaks volumes of the bench) was the best bench player. Blake was good in round 1 awful in round 2.

If Barnes who was better than Blake was awful than what the hell does that make Blake?
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby LakerFan1235 on Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:24 am

I would love meeks. That would really help make this an even greater offseason.
Every time I begin to ask, "Is he really as great as I think he is?" ...He proves that he is.
Every time I begin to wonder...He proves it...That is why I won't lose hope in him.
You know who I am talking about.
LakerFan1235

Postby Ariza3 on Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:20 pm

all meeks has to do is make 2 shots a game and he's already better than blake at SG.
Ariza3

Postby GoldenKnight on Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:39 pm

RealGM Wiretap: The Bucks are pursuing unrestricted free agents Joel Przybilla and Jodie Meeks, Meeks is reportedly considering overtures from the Lakers and Wizards.

SOURCE:
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/222682/Bucks_Pursuing_Joel_Przybilla_Jodie_Meeks_

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby revgen on Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:43 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if he goes to the Wizards. He has a much better chance of getting minutes there than he would behind Kobe.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby GoldenKnight on Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:50 pm

revgen wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if he goes to the Wizards. He has a much better chance of getting minutes there than he would behind Kobe.

With the luck we have been having this off-season (Nash sign & trade/Jamison vet min) hopefully we can pull in Meeks to L.A as well :man1:

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby therealdeal on Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:08 pm

I'm guessing Mitch is selling him on playing for Nash and Kobe and for a ring. He'd get plenty of exposure here and with the Lakers wanting to cut minutes down on their stars he'd have plenty of playing time. I'm not exactly confident we land him, but damn it'd be nice.

Hard to convince young guys to take less money though. Hopefully Mitch is smacking him hard with that magic wand.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:12 pm

therealdeal wrote: Hopefully Mitch is smacking him hard with that magic wand.

Doc Brown

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:14 pm

Would he even start in Washington? I doubt it.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby Ariza3 on Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:19 pm

who would want to play for the wizards over lakers?

the way things are going though...(sesh to bobcats) i wouldnt be surprised if he goes there.
Ariza3

Postby revgen on Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:22 pm

Ariza3 wrote:who would want to play for the wizards over lakers?

the way things are going though...(sesh to bobcats) i wouldnt be surprised if he goes there.

Ronny went to GS instead of coming back here because he received money + minutes. That's just the way it is.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby therealdeal on Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:28 pm

They just drafted Beal and they've still got Crawford. I don't see more minutes available for him there over LA.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby KB24 on Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:55 pm

therealdeal wrote:I'm guessing Mitch is selling him on playing for Nash and Kobe and for a ring. He'd get plenty of exposure here and with the Lakers wanting to cut minutes down on their stars he'd have plenty of playing time. I'm not exactly confident we land him, but damn it'd be nice.

Hard to convince young guys to take less money though. Hopefully Mitch is smacking him hard with that magic wand.

not sure Mike Brown really is d'accord with this, sadly.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby therealdeal on Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:01 pm

KB24 wrote:
therealdeal wrote:I'm guessing Mitch is selling him on playing for Nash and Kobe and for a ring. He'd get plenty of exposure here and with the Lakers wanting to cut minutes down on their stars he'd have plenty of playing time. I'm not exactly confident we land him, but damn it'd be nice.

not sure Mike Brown really is d'accord with this, sadly.

Luckily with Coach Nash he won't have a choice. :man10: He and Coach Kobe re in charge now.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby jamabile on Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:38 pm

Man, I hope we land him. Add more depth, scoring, and versatility on our bench. More importantly, Kobe might be able to cut down on his minutes...
jamabile

Re: Jodie Meeks

Postby JUST-MING on Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:38 pm

GoldenKnight wrote:
RealGM Wiretap: The Bucks are pursuing unrestricted free agents Joel Przybilla and Jodie Meeks, Meeks is reportedly considering overtures from the Lakers and Wizards.

SOURCE: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/222682/Bucks_Pursuing_Joel_Przybilla_Jodie_Meeks_

This could turn into another Antonio Daniels situation.
JUST-MING

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion