Jodie Meeks: signs with Pistons-3 yr / 19mil!?!? = cya

Re: Jodie Meeks Discussion

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:37 pm

It seems turd face Brown likes to purposely hold back shooters just to piss people off. I really can't come up with even a half decent explanation for why Meeks had a DNP today. There is no report that he is injured so for our best spot up shooter to log zero minutes...Brown is straight up retarded.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby DHL on Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:14 am

JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:It seems turd face Brown likes to purposely hold back shooters just to piss people off. I really can't come up with even a half decent explanation for why Meeks had a DNP today. There is no report that he is injured so for our best spot up shooter to log zero minutes...Brown is straight up retarded.
Lakers fan since 1997
I LOVE THE CLUBLAKERS SIGNATURE RULES!!!!
DHL

Postby kray28 on Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:20 am

There were numerous open shots in this game...we just had the wrong guys shooting them (or not shooting them). If Meeks nails 2-3 open threes for us, it's a different ball game. Too bad he's stuck on the bench. Another great three point shooter we had (Glock) is unemployed.
kray28

Postby Jordan-esque on Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:28 am

Going thru the play by play... it was Steve Blake who played the back-up SG spot.

http://www.nba.com/games/20121102/LACLA ... ef:nbahpgt[0021200025]

Mike Brown had a line-up in the 2nd quarter of:

C - Jordan Hill
F - Antawn Jamison
F - Metta World Peace
G - Steve Blake
G - Darius Morris

:bang: :bang: :bang:

Worst he overplayed Kobe 43 mins and now his foot is ailing and is required to wear a walking boot.
Lakers Strategy:... 95% :ball3:... +... 5% :ball2:... = 100% :bang:
Jordan-esque

Postby Ariza3 on Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:41 am

does he have something against 3 point shooters? first glock now meeks

he could have easily played sg next to morris....beyond frustrating. could have easily gotten 2 3's tonight maybe more
Ariza3

Postby lakersyunowin on Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:59 am

i really feel bad for jodie coming here now. nothing to do but hang in there til brown is fired.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby therealdeal on Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:05 pm

This poor kid is getting the Ebanks treatment.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby The Original 81 on Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:20 pm

I bet Jodie wishes he signed somewhere else, and I don't blame him.
"Let me say one more thing about Kobe. He will be the best player in the history of the game. If he keeps doing what he's doing, there is no stopping him. He is that good." - Shaquille O'Neal in his autobiography, "Shaq Talks Back"
The Original 81

Postby XXIV on Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:33 pm

I don't see why Brown doesn't play him, such a waste if our coach continues to ignore him.
XXIV

Postby themasterphil on Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:18 pm

Not playing this guy is just stupid.....how can you put this man on the bench knowing he is your best shooter for 3....I try to understand that but I just dont get it...there is no man on this planet who can understand that...just Mike "the idiot" Brown
themasterphil

Postby Ariza3 on Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:35 pm

better get some mins tonight with Morris. def think Kobe shouldn't play more than 34 against the pistons. if we can't beat the pistons with Kobe playing less than 34 mins than we got bigger problems. forget the win or loss at that point and work on cohesion and chemistry with the 2nd unit...which means play Meeks as much as possible
Ariza3

Postby DJ-RaZ-Q#24 on Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:36 am

I'm starting to feel really sorry for Jodie. He could help us so much more :disagree:
DJ-RaZ-Q#24

Postby juninho on Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:47 am

Good 3pt shooters like mo will and gibson helped alot to mike brown while he was in cavs but why is he hating shooters now? really weird.
juninho

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:49 am

length 'nuff said
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby wcsoldier81 on Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:01 am

It's not like he was scoring 15 off the bench
wcsoldier81

Postby khmrP on Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:03 am

KareemTheGreat33 wrote:length 'nuff said

and yet he had the Morris/Blake backcourt duo in.....I just knew the Blake @ backup 2 experiement wasn't gona go away :man6:
khmrP

Postby gill on Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:08 am

"I hope you enjoyed Meeks during garbage time, cuz unless we're winning by 40 every game, you'll never see him again!" - Mike Brown.
gill

Postby Tobias Funke on Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:15 am

Just doesn't have enough length.
"Come hell or high water we're gonna be there again. Its just something about the Lakers organization. Mitch is really, really good at it, he's really really good man...."

Tobias Funke

Postby davriver290 on Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:16 am

i don't get why he isn't playing......
Sessions, Kobe, Metta, Gasol, Bynum
davriver290

Postby khmrP on Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:16 am

if potatoe head is still around in the future, as a key reserve I would never sign here base on how he handles rotations.
khmrP

Postby The Rock on Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:46 am

By the way Glock was picked 2nd in the D-League draft.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Lakerjones on Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:56 am

I don't understand what this guy has against shooting guards. With GLOCK he was a rookie and he wasn't the greatest defender, although he could definitely shoot and score. We could have used him in the second half of last season. It sucks that he got treated as he did, but there were at least some excuses.

Meeks is young but far from a rook, he can shoot and he can definitely defend. We need these qualities in our backup 2. Ebanks just doesn't fit as a 2 and he needs to develop his game at SF if we are going to retain his services past this year. Brown needs to use his backup players as any normal coach would - play the guys in their correct positions. If it means less time for Jamison because he's at 4 and splitting minutes with Hill, then so be it. We don't need to develop Jamison, he's an old vet and just needs to play where he fits. We need to give burn to Meeks who took a pay cut to play here, and is a good solid backup 2 to give Kobe some rest. You could see Meeks out there with D12 and Nash even to give Kobe a rest during the regular season and provide much needed floor spacing. And if we keep running Ebanks at 2 he'll never develop into the defensive minded, long limbed young SF we need to spell minutes for MWP against guys like Durant.

Time is of the essence and this screwing around by Brown is just nonsensical. The guy doesn't seem to have common sense.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby davriver290 on Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:58 am

:bang:
Sessions, Kobe, Metta, Gasol, Bynum
davriver290

Postby The Rock on Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:00 am

:man10: at his explanation. HOW ABOUT PLAYING YOUR BEST PLAYERS AT THEIR RIGHT POSITIONS CONTINUOUSLY BEFORE CHOOSING OTHER OPTIONS. He forced Glock to play like a PG instead of his natural game and now hes forcing Ebanks to play SG when hes a SF (and he laid an egg going 0/6) and Jamison to play SF all the time. Wake up, come on, this is getting ridiculous

http://sulia.com/channel/la-lakers/f/aca4ca4e-95f8-4ba1-831b-0f7cb9cc8a54/?source=twitter
Why isn't Jodie Meeks playing more? Mike Brown explains ...

"I’ve tried to take a look at everybody," Mike Brown said before the Lakers played the Pistons on Sunday. "And right now, off the bench, I’m going to try to bring Metta and Dwight back, or keep either Pau or Dwight with our starting group most of the time and try to get Metta back with that group too. And then I want to give Jamison a long look out on the floor and I like the way that Jordan Hill has played at the power forward from time to time with his size and his energy and what he’s done for us last year and so, what it has come down to is basically Meeks and Ebanks.

"There’s still not a whole lot of minutes there. There could be a lot of minutes. It’s going to basically be a night-to-night type deal, but right now it’s Ebanks. What I need to do is I need to let it flow for a little bit. This is the first time in consecutive games that I’m, for the most part, going to go with the same rotation or the same group of guys consecutively. I hadn’t done it all preseason, I hadn’t done it so far in the regular season and I need to start doing it. Even if they don’t play well, I need to do it for a few games in a row to see if we can try to get a rhythm."

Then again, if the Lakers keep blowing Detroit out (they're up by 23 points in the second quarter as I write this) then Meeks should see some court time Sunday.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:06 am

I'm already prepared for the 2nd unit to get blown out of the water vs. actual contenders.....

You want to toss Morris/Ebanks/Jamison/Hill/Pau out there go ahead....but you will get beat down.

Put that lineup against....

Maynor/Martin/Durant/Collison/Perkins or Chalmers/Allen/Lebron/Battier/Bosh.....

And we will get blown out......But Hey that's what playing the starters 40 minutes is for. :man11:
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion