Jodie Meeks: signs with Pistons-3 yr / 19mil!?!? = cya

Re: Welcome To The Lakers Jodie Meeks (Page 12, 2 years $3 mil)

Postby Punk-101 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:43 am

I think i saw a lineup of pg: Morris, sg: DJO, sf: Meeks. Tell me i imagined that. Experimenting in the preseason is one thing, but that is a waste of time for building chemistry and assessing roles for the real season.
“Action has meaning only in relationship; and without understanding relationship, action on any level will only breed conflict. The understanding of relationship is infinitely more important than the search for any plan of action.”
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
Punk-101

Postby wcsoldier81 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:43 am

Tobias Funke wrote:
5. Jodie Meeks didn't play much. Don't read too much into the Warriors coming back in the third quarter and scoring 28 unanswered points. Consider the entire Lakers' starting lineup (except Sacre) didn't play at all in the second half and that some of the reserves won't even make the final roster. But it's fair to wonder how the backup shooting guard spot will turn out. Many presumed Meeks would have it because of his strong three-point shooting, a quality the Lakers severely lacked last season. But Brown insisted he's also looking at Devin Ebanks and Andrew Goudelock. Brown used the first preseason game playing mostly Ebanks at that spot, while Meeks didn't enter the game until the second half.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakersnow ... 4673.story

So he barely looked at Ebanks and Glock at the backup 2 last season when he had none and now he has a legitimate backup 2 on his roster and he's looking at them.... he's getting dumber and dumber
wcsoldier81

Postby last stand on Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:49 am

Punk-101 wrote:I think i saw a lineup of pg: Morris, sg: DJO, sf: Meeks. Tell me i imagined that. Experimenting in the preseason is one thing, but that is a waste of time for building chemistry and assessing roles for the real season.

mike brown is a clown sometimes. the guy was selling the experiment excuse into the playoffs. he doesn't have any concept of chemistry and it's importance.

he should put

Hill
jamison
ebanks or CDR
meeks
blake

and just let it run for the whole season. it's not like the guys behind those guys are making any waves
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby KB24 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:50 am

:man10:

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby Tobias Funke on Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:57 am

If he had tried this before you'd be able to say well maybe he's just a stubborn fool, but this is just MB getting in the way. Where was this brilliant idea when Blake was caking it up at the 2 spot late last season?

SG rotation in Brown's perfect world: Kobe/Blake/Ebanks/Glock/Meeks
"Come hell or high water we're gonna be there again. Its just something about the Lakers organization. Mitch is really, really good at it, he's really really good man...."

Tobias Funke

Postby last stand on Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:57 pm

KB24 wrote::man10:

you laugh now, but will be calling for heads when brown is experimenting with rotations game 81, just like last season.

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby Ariza3 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:10 pm

as a player i would imagine that it would be most effective to just play the lineup of the 2nd unit as blake/meeks/ebanks/jamison/hill and just let them play and get used to each other and the offense will eventually become something. each player would get the same minutes every game and play the same position every game and thus find their role amongst each other and for the team. chemistry would eventually happen but not if the rotations and units are different every game...am i wrong?

that seems like the logical thing to do. the only players mike brown should be trying to figure out would be Duhon DJO CDR Clark Sacre. which would be the 3rd unit anyways so play them all together too. the first game should have just been playing the starters for a quarter. then the 2nd unit together only. and then the 3rd unit together only.

its not like any of the 3rd unit is gunna replace anyone in the 2nd unit so why mess up the rotation and unit chemistry pointlessly? i know its only the first game and he was quoted saying he was just trying to get every player out there. but why not do that in the set units theyd be playing with for the sake of chemistry and getting used to each other? idiot.

hes probably already messing with meeks head...he came here as the only backup to kobe which he was told and now has to fight against a SF for the backup SG spot and practices with the 3rd unit...wtf. poor guy. hope he gets the backup SG spot and mike brown stops messing things up
Ariza3

Postby last stand on Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:05 pm

Exactly, mike needs to be smarter.

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby Battle Tested20 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:39 pm

Thank God

Mike Trudell ‏@LakersReporter

Here's the current depth chart for the 2nd unit, drawing from Brown's comments: Blake, Meeks, Ebanks, Jamison (moving over to the 4).
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby therealdeal on Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:01 pm

:jam2:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby kenzo on Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:13 pm

Battle Tested20 wrote:Thank God

Here's the current depth chart for the 2nd unit, drawing from Brown's comments: Blake, Meeks, Ebanks, Jamison (moving over to the 4).

I'll believe it when i see it. There are two things i don't trust MB with. Rotations and minute management. Im rather optimistic for this season though :jam2:
kenzo

Postby lakersyunowin on Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:16 pm

Battle Tested20 wrote:Thank God

the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Battle Tested20 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:30 pm

:man10:
Battle Tested20

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:33 pm

Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby XXIV on Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:36 pm

I'm glad to hear he's going to actually be coming off the bench with the second unit, but with Mike Brown nothing is ever certain when it comes to rotations. :man10:
XXIV

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:49 pm

Brown said both Jodie Meeks & Chris Douglas-Roberts turned some heads in practice today.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

Very nice. I think CDR is going to stick. Him and Ebanks would push each other all year for the backup 3 minutes, I think it would be a good battle.

Glad to see Meeks is showing what he can do.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby XXIV on Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:51 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
Brown said both Jodie Meeks & Chris Douglas-Roberts turned some heads in practice today.

Very nice. I think CDR is going to stick. Him and Ebanks would push each other all year for the backup 3 minutes, I think it would be a good battle.

CDR is definitely looking like a nice training camp pickup and I wouldn't mind having him on the roster. I'm curious as to who would the Lakers take if it ended up being between DJO/Sacre. Hopefully they're willing to buy out Morris, because from the preseason game you can tell his game hasn't really improved all that much.
XXIV

Postby Weezy on Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:05 pm

I'd feel a little better with Meeks and CDR being our bench 2 and 3 than Meeks and Ebanks. No offense to Ebanks, but CDR to me is a more proven NBA player.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:58 pm

XXIV wrote:CDR is definitely looking like a nice training camp pickup and I wouldn't mind having him on the roster. I'm curious as to who would the Lakers take if it ended up being between DJO/Sacre. Hopefully they're willing to buy out Morris, because from the preseason game you can tell his game hasn't really improved all that much.

That's a tough call between DJO/Sacre. I wouldn't mind Morris getting the boot if he keeps up with his current level of play.

Weezy wrote:I'd feel a little better with Meeks and CDR being our bench 2 and 3 than Meeks and Ebanks. No offense to Ebanks, but CDR to me is a more proven NBA player.

Look through his game logs on ESPN if you get a chance. A lot of sporadic minutes and DNP's, but when the dude played and got minutes he put up some decent numbers and had some 20 and 30 point games. I don't know much about CDR defensively, but offensively Ebanks isn't even close to touching him.
Doc Brown

Postby therealdeal on Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:32 pm

I like the different look that Douglas-Roberts gives us next to Devin Ebanks.

I don't remember CDR being too much of a defender and he's a streaky scorer. I think he should definitely be retained, but I'm going to give Ebanks the chance first. We groomed him, we took the chance on him, he wanted to stay badly enough that he avoided signing until he was sure he wouldn't be moved.

I want to see what Devin's got.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby jadej2 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:37 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
XXIV wrote:CDR is definitely looking like a nice training camp pickup and I wouldn't mind having him on the roster. I'm curious as to who would the Lakers take if it ended up being between DJO/Sacre. Hopefully they're willing to buy out Morris, because from the preseason game you can tell his game hasn't really improved all that much.

That's a tough call between DJO/Sacre. I wouldn't mind Morris getting the boot if he keeps up with his current level of play.

Weezy wrote:I'd feel a little better with Meeks and CDR being our bench 2 and 3 than Meeks and Ebanks. No offense to Ebanks, but CDR to me is a more proven NBA player.

Look through his game logs on ESPN if you get a chance. A lot of sporadic minutes and DNP's, but when the dude played and got minutes he put up some decent numbers and had some 20 and 30 point games. I don't know much about CDR defensively, but offensively Ebanks isn't even close to touching him.

The problem is that even the smallest of guarantee contracts when buying them out it will still hurt us in the luxury tax,and because of that Morris will be on the roaster and DJO won't be on it.
jadej2

Postby XXIV on Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:48 pm

therealdeal wrote:I like the different look that Douglas-Roberts gives us next to Devin Ebanks.

I don't remember CDR being too much of a defender and he's a streaky scorer. I think he should definitely be retained, but I'm going to give Ebanks the chance first. We groomed him, we took the chance on him, he wanted to stay badly enough that he avoided signing until he was sure he wouldn't be moved.

I haven't seen CDR play outside of the little time he had in preseason, and even then I could barely tell who the players were due to the quality of the stream. Would you consider him to be a JR Smith lite?
XXIV

Postby therealdeal on Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:28 pm

XXIV wrote:
therealdeal wrote:I like the different look that Douglas-Roberts gives us next to Devin Ebanks.

I haven't seen CDR play outside of the little time he had in preseason, and even then I could barely tell who the players were due to the quality of the stream. Would you consider him to be a JR Smith lite?

Hm... I don't know... I think Smith's best is better than Douglas-Roberts'. Smith is obviously a far greater athlete, although Chris Douglas-Roberts is no slouch.

I'd say that might be an alright comparison. Very streaky if you look at his past scoring displays. He does a good job of getting to the basket and he has the ability to knock down shots.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Battle Tested20 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:56 pm

Doc Brown wrote:

Meeks was probably pissed he was playing with scrubs on Sunday and took it out on practice today. I really think he's be a much more affective player when he is surrounded with better players
Battle Tested20

Postby Lakerjones on Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:29 pm

^^ Totally agree with you on all accounts realdeal. I like us having another guy who can fight it out with Ebanks at the three. CDR does some things Devin can't and vice versa. Good problem to have. I hope he sticks.

I have lost faith in Morris. I don't know why we gave him a contract. I'm on the fence about GLOCK and DJO. DJO seems like more of a keeper.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion