Jodie Meeks: signs with Pistons-3 yr / 19mil!?!? = cya

Re: Jodie Meeks Discussion

Postby Ariza3 on Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:39 pm

I really think he's just nervous over excited etc. he hasn't gotten this many mins as a laker and just has to calm down. you can tell he was playing too fast and normally isn't like that. he's confidence though. hell be okay next few games
Ariza3

Postby FabFourLakers on Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:42 pm

Im pullling for the guy....he had probably his worst game as a professional basketball player tonight...god what the hell did mike brown do to this guy? He was on my FANTASY team last year for god sakes. I think we need to seriously consider starting him....or getting him at least 25mpg...and majority of those minutes need to come with the starters.
FabFourLakers

Postby BDG on Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:43 pm

You can tell he's nervous and hesitating.

If he plays this way when we have a functioning offensive system in place, I'll start to be concerned.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby revgen on Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:45 pm

I want to see how he shoots coming off a curl as opposed to just trying to shoot a standstill jumper.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby nthydro on Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:45 pm

When Duhon is outplaying you, something is wrong...

I can live with missed open shots but for F sakes stop tuning over the ball. Every time he touched the ball something bad happened. He's turning into Metta out there.
nthydro

Postby NewDynasty on Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:06 am

he needs to slow down,he is rushing too much. He made the same exact mistake on 4 different plays that ended up costing us the ball. his confidence is definitely shot. hopefully pringles can fix him
NewDynasty

Postby The Rock on Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:07 am

Just catch and shoot, thats it. He's committing turnovers while trying to create for himself, we got people for that

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby wcsoldier81 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:11 am

Spurs made him put the ball on the floor and dribble in traffic ... that's the way of making an one dimensional offensive player looks like garbage
wcsoldier81

Postby nthydro on Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:28 am

Meeks is really meek
nthydro

Postby Ludachris on Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:52 am

nthydro wrote:Enough with the excuses for this guy. He's just playing horrible basketball, plain and simple. I cringe every time he touches the ball :disagree:

Wow, after last night's performance, I cringe every time he touches the ball too. If he puts it on the floor there's a strong chance he's going to turn it over. At least when someone passes it to him to shoot he has a slightly better chance of him simply missing the shot and them getting an offensive rebound. When he dribbles it, nothing good happens. What happened to this guy? Nothing I read said anything about him playing this terrible. And his shot completely disappeared. It seems that all the good 3-point shooters become average when they sign with us, and the decent ones become terrible. Jamison was hitting like over 35% last year wasn't he? This year he's hitting what, 15% maybe?

I can understand having some bad games, but what's causing these guys to miss wide open shots? Too much pressure being on this team?
Buck Foston, LA Rules
Ludachris

Postby nthydro on Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:07 pm

Ludachris wrote:
nthydro wrote:Enough with the excuses for this guy. He's just playing horrible basketball, plain and simple. I cringe every time he touches the ball :disagree:

Wow, after last night's performance, I cringe every time he touches the ball too. If he puts it on the floor there's a strong chance he's going to turn it over. At least when someone passes it to him to shoot he has a slightly better chance of him simply missing the shot and them getting an offensive rebound. When he dribbles it, nothing good happens. What happened to this guy? Nothing I read said anything about him playing this terrible. And his shot completely disappeared. It seems that all the good 3-point shooters become average when they sign with us, and the decent ones become terrible. Jamison was hitting like over 35% last year wasn't he? This year he's hitting what, 15% maybe?

I can understand having some bad games, but what's causing these guys to miss wide open shots? Too much pressure being on this team?

Jamison shot 34% last year I think. He was never a consistent shooter, but at least his game is multi faceted. So even if he's not knocking down 3s he could still score in other ways.

Meeks on ther other hand is obviously only a spot up shooter. If he can't knock down those 3s then hes pretty much useless on offense. I know he's supposedly a good defender (I haven't been impressed with him on that end either), but no way his D is good enough to offset his poor play on offense. In close games like this in the playoffs, we can't afford for him to goof up that badly. Even Blake is not as big a liability.

I wish we would've gotten West or Barbosa instead :man5:
nthydro

Postby Ariza3 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:38 pm

he'll get better. once he calms down he'll be okay. we've seen him play well for us in limited mins. once he gets used to his role and knows what hes supposed to do out there under D'Antoni he'll be okay i think.
Ariza3

Postby John3:16 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:02 pm

The Rock wrote:Just catch and shoot, thats it. He's committing turnovers while trying to create for himself, we got people for that

This!
John3:16
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakerfan2 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:05 pm

John3:16 wrote:
The Rock wrote:Just catch and shoot, thats it. He's committing turnovers while trying to create for himself, we got people for that

This!

we don't have it off the bench. what they should do though is, run the post inside out. that should get meeks more open looks. camp him in the corner on the strong side of nash's pick and roll.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby GoldenChocobo on Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:21 pm

Morris is playing better than Meeks...
:freak2:
Was Mike Brown right about his rotations?
GoldenChocobo

Postby nthydro on Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:52 pm

Ariza3 wrote:he'll get better. once he calms down he'll be okay. we've seen him play well for us in limited mins. once he gets used to his role and knows what hes supposed to do out there under D'Antoni he'll be okay i think.

Other than one or two good runs in garbage time, he's been pretty much...garbage
nthydro

Postby nthydro on Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:53 pm

lakerfan2 wrote:
John3:16 wrote:

This!

we don't have it off the bench. what they should do though is, run the post inside out. that should get meeks more open looks. camp him in the corner on the strong side of nash's pick and roll.

A good portion of his shots have been open. He's just been missing them.
nthydro

Postby Ariza3 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:02 pm

other than last game he's shot shots that were good one. within the flow of the game. shots he can make. shots that looked good just rimmed out or were a little short. they'll start to fall soon and well all forget about the beginning. he should have been playing preseason more and beginning 5 games. so ill give him a couple more games to get into rhythm
Ariza3

Postby gcclaker on Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:12 pm

Meeks is trying to adjust with actual game tempo instead of being just another warm body at practice or sitting courtside as a paid employee...something he's been under the previous head coach.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby Jordan-esque on Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:16 pm

GoldenChocobo wrote:Morris is playing better than Meeks...
:freak2:
Was Mike Brown right about his rotations?

Brown has given Morris more minutes right from the get go as the primary backup the day after Nash went down.

Meeks on the other hand has been losing confidence each day his time gets cut or gets a DNP.
Lakers Strategy:... 95% :ball3:... +... 5% :ball2:... = 100% :bang:
Jordan-esque

Postby KB24 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:19 pm

I don't give a **** about what Meeks is doing or trying to do...

make shots or sit your skinny arse on the bench.

I'm tired of us looking for excuses every year...this player is nervous, that player is hesitant, this guy is learning the offense, that guy trying to find his role etc...

straight up...when your number is called you stretch the floor and make the f'n shot when you get the ball. You are a god freakin professional athlete. Grow a pair and do what you are supposed to do.

20% 3FG is even embarassing for MWP. And Meeks has been garbage all pre-season too except for a big quarter.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby Jordan-esque on Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:06 pm

Jodie banking on D'Antoni
Lakers Strategy:... 95% :ball3:... +... 5% :ball2:... = 100% :bang:
Jordan-esque

Postby DarthRekal on Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:38 pm

"only shoot when you touch the ball" :man10:
Lakers Motto: HOF Guards, We MAKE 'Em... HOF Centers, We TAKE 'Em

DarthRekal
Cookie Monster

Postby Weezy on Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:40 pm

I love that, he already knows what Meeks can and can't do, not going to try and make him somebody else, and hopefully not going to bench him because he's not getting anything out of him like Brown.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:44 pm

Well if Jodie played in a lineup where he only had to stand and shoot the ball when he gets it.....

If MDA trots out Nash/Meeks/Kobe/Jamison/D12......money in the gosh damn bank. Meeks would be getting a ton of looks aka the MWP shots.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion