Jodie Meeks: signs with Pistons-3 yr / 19mil!?!? = cya

Re: Jodie Meeks Discussion

Postby Lakerjones on Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:12 am

I really don't know what's up with Brown and legit backup shooting guards. The guy is just unwilling to use them and prefers to play other guys out of position - to bad results.

It's incredibly frustrating and it's totally counter intuitive. Meeks is a legit shooting guard, not a scrub. Get him some damn playing time at his position. Stop screwing with the bench to the point that they are useless. :bang:

I just feel bad for the kid. And I feel bad for us because the bench lineups suck.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby Tobias Funke on Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:22 am

Dont worry, Meeks will probably get 2mins playing time in the first half and then he'll be pulled when he misses a shot or makes a mistake.......which is totally fair because 2mins is more than enough time to get into a rhythm.
"Come hell or high water we're gonna be there again. Its just something about the Lakers organization. Mitch is really, really good at it, he's really really good man...."

Tobias Funke

Postby pound4pound1 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:07 am

did Meeks slap Brown's mom or something?

i dont understand the immediate doghouse treatment
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby khmrP on Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:12 am

if I were Meeks and this cont. I'd def. ask mgmt not to pick up my option next year if Brown is still here and we shouldn't blame him either.
khmrP

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:15 am

Brown has ruined careers, he turned Sessions into a mediocre player here. Jodie Meeks will not be exception :man10:
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby easyguy on Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:15 am

pound4pound1 wrote:did Meeks slap Brown's mom or something?

i dont understand the immediate doghouse treatment

Brown caught Meek posting on CL, under the alias "Texas".
easyguy

Postby therealdeal on Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:24 am

The thing is if he wants to go with length or whatever, Meeks is a better PG fit than Morris. He plays AT LEAST as well defensively and he provides better shooting from outside anyway. It's not like he can't get to the basket like Morris can, so he's got that ability as well.

Morris is more a SG than PG anyway and Meeks is a better basketball player than Morris at either guard position.

If you're hell set on running Artest at the 2 and Jamison at the 3 then this is the lineup you should run:
Meeks/Artest/Jamison/Hill/Howard

Still freaking weird, but better already than anything Morris can do.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Alleyhoops on Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:34 am

One of the primary reasons Meeks was brought here was to provide much needed help with perimeter shooting. He has not performed well within an offense that has been out of sync and out of rhythm. He should be allowed playing time to let his stroke develop rhythm as the offense does the same. Perhaps Brown will re-insert him when there's a bit more stability and consistency on the floor.
Alleyhoops

Postby Ariza3 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:37 pm

he need actual playing time...that simple. shooters need to get in a rhythm and so far he hasnt had any minutes to do that. hes shown he can flat out shoot the 3 and when he is aggressive and gets to the line hes 90%.

for god's sake play him. media needs to bash him every interview about meeks' until he plays him every time kobe sits. he's kobe's backup and i think as a team they need to mention that to their coach instead of watching out only for themselves...kobe wants to win his 6th ring, hes gunna need meeks to back him up
Ariza3

Postby magicman32 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:29 am

Meeks was brought here to do exactly what Foye did tonight, why the hell is potato head not using him ?????
magicman32

Postby GoldenKnight on Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:33 am

I am so over this damn moron for not playing perhaps the only shooter we have, words cannot describe how pissed off that damn potato makes me for not playing Meeks, what the hell was he brought for then anyway???

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby The Rock on Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:36 am

This is exactly how he handled Glock

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:39 am

Whatever. His buffoonery is going to get him fired faster because he's literally not playing a guy Mitch targeted to make our team better. Not some d-league scrub that Laker fans have a hard on for. Eventually Jimmy will come to his senses and realize he's got a total jackass running this organization into the ground and he'll be forced to take action.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby GoldenKnight on Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:40 am

Sloan
Van Gundy bros
Pringles

Anybody.....

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby Vasashi17 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:49 am

I still think when Nash gets back, you play good D and you run and try to run up the score. If the opposing transition D gets back you can rely on a half court game. But do it with this lineup:

Nash/Jodie/Kobe/Toine/Dwight

Pau has been playing too many minutes and it really hurts our transition game and our defensive rotations.

Ideally, that starting team gets us a lead by running out on the break and if we play a half court set, then Nash, Jodie, Kobe and Toine are all good perimeter shooters. Kobe, Toine and Nash can all dive and finish at the rim. So Howard has plenty space in the middle to operate with dangerous shooters on the perimeter and slashers on the wing.

Run up the score and then go to a bench that will slow the game down to secure the lead and drain clock.

Blake/Ebanks/Metta/Hill/Gasol
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakerjones on Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:02 am

Vasashi17 wrote:I still think when Nash gets back, you play good D and you run and try to run up the score. If the opposing transition D gets back you can rely on a half court game. But do it with this lineup:

Nash/Jodie/Kobe/Toine/Dwight

Pau has been playing too many minutes and it really hurts our transition game and our defensive rotations.

Ideally, that starting team gets us a lead by running out on the break and if we play a half court set, then Nash, Jodie, Kobe and Toine are all good perimeter shooters. Kobe, Toine and Nash can all dive and finish at the rim. So Howard has plenty space in the middle to operate with dangerous shooters on the perimeter and slashers on the wing.

Run up the score and then go to a bench that will slow the game down to secure the lead and drain clock.

Blake/Ebanks/Metta/Hill/Gasol

I'd actually really like to see that starting lineup some time.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby cantthinkofone on Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:05 am

my one and only post is this: laker fans should chant jodie's name on friday like they did with matt barnes last year.
cantthinkofone

Postby nolQQkpass on Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:10 am

we desperate needed 3 point shooters in 2010. so we drafted ncaa 3 point contest winner goudelock. he gave us good range outside and a sweet floater. we needed bench points in 2011. we signed meeks and jamison..2 games straight meeks dnp.. god dammit
nolQQkpass

Postby Lakerjones on Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:15 am

Really though, Jodie Meeks is a good guard who should be playing 15-20 minutes a game. There's no reason Kobe should be logging tons of minutes. And Meeks could even play PG at times to help give Nash a rest but still provide some offense for the bench. Plus the dude is definitely a decent defender.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby BDG on Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:28 am

From Kevin Ding ...

If Mike Brown has done nothing else, he has made Jodie Meeks into a hell of a fan favorite. UTAH 30, LA 19.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby GT-R on Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:39 am

Meeks should be the first guard off the bench and I'd rather have him play PG instead of Morris and Blake . Kobe can run the system instead of Meeks.
#firemikebrown
GT-R

Postby Kit on Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:03 pm

I bet Meeks doesn't care if we win or lose right now.
Kit

Postby DJ-RaZ-Q#24 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:17 pm

Kit wrote:I bet Meeks doesn't care if we win or lose right now.

I think he cares ... deep in his heart he hopes we lose every game. The faster more losses come the faster Mike Brown will be fired :man11:
DJ-RaZ-Q#24

Postby WilliamHaven on Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:21 pm

Reminds me of last season, when Brown gave Barnes a total of 5 minutes playing time the first week or so of the season, including 2-3 DNPs.
Move along ho, Super Lakers don't hang out with no skanks.
WilliamHaven

Postby therealdeal on Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:05 pm

GT-R wrote:Meeks should be the first guard off the bench and I'd rather have him play PG instead of Morris and Blake . Kobe can run the system instead of Meeks.

I've been saying it for days now. Meeks can do literally EVERYTHING Morris can, but better. Morris can do NOTHING better than Meeks on a basketball court.

If he's obsessed with length, put Meeks in instead of Morris and the team keeps it's length while instantly getting better.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion