Jodie Meeks: signs with Pistons-3 yr / 19mil!?!? = cya

Re: Jodie Meeks Discussion: Career high 7 treys!

Postby therealdeal on Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:14 am

The guy is in a bit of a slump right now, but he'll be fine. I'm not worried at all about this kid and what he can do on the court for us. When the time comes, he'll drain it. I still have no doubt when he shoots that the ball is going in. I'm always surprised when it doesn't.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:29 am

wcsoldier81 wrote:I like him as a player but he needs to step up ... he should be between 42-45% from 3 with the type of looks he's getting , not 37%

Yeah he's shooting worse than Ron from 3. That's pretty unacceptable
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby LTLakerFan on Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:32 am

therealdeal wrote:The guy is in a bit of a slump right now, but he'll be fine. I'm not worried at all about this kid and what he can do on the court for us. When the time comes, he'll drain it. I still have no doubt when he shoots that the ball is going in. I'm always surprised when it doesn't.

Man that's how I feel when Melo shoots his J these days. Wow!!
LTLakerFan

Postby therealdeal on Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:33 am

LTLakerFan wrote:
therealdeal wrote:The guy is in a bit of a slump right now, but he'll be fine. I'm not worried at all about this kid and what he can do on the court for us. When the time comes, he'll drain it. I still have no doubt when he shoots that the ball is going in. I'm always surprised when it doesn't.

Yeah Melo has really been in a groove. But I think he'll cool off soon. He's taking some crazy shots these days. Those pull threes? Ouch.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby easyguy on Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:42 am

therealdeal wrote:
LTLakerFan wrote:

Yeah Melo has really been in a groove. But I think he'll cool off soon. He's taking some crazy shots these days. Those pull threes? Ouch.

I just think Melo is a naturally gifted scorer, even Kobe cant beat Melo one on one.
easyguy

Postby therealdeal on Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:52 am

easyguy wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
LTLakerFan wrote:

I just think Melo is a naturally gifted scorer, even Kobe cant beat Melo one on one.

I don't know about that. But if he did, I wouldn't be too surprised. Melo is a lot bigger than Kobe.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:07 pm

I dont see this guy as being any different then Shannon, instead of over dribbling and shooting, he just launches anytime he feels like it even if he's not hitting them. When he's not hitting his shots he's not much use out there, pretty much just like Brown but at least he had better handles and better finishing abilities.
khmrP

Postby therealdeal on Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:06 pm

Jodie is actually a good defender and his hustle helps pick up the team when he comes off the bench. Just because he's not hitting his shots, doesn't mean he's not doing anything.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:26 pm

therealdeal wrote:Jodie is actually a good defender and his hustle helps pick up the team when he comes off the bench. Just because he's not hitting his shots, doesn't mean he's not doing anything.

yes he also likes drive into the lane and either get his shot blocked or its a TO, not much different than Shannon in terms of impact, one gets to the rack the other chucks 3's....their D are comparable.
khmrP

Postby therealdeal on Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:27 pm

khmrP wrote:
therealdeal wrote:Jodie is actually a good defender and his hustle helps pick up the team when he comes off the bench. Just because he's not hitting his shots, doesn't mean he's not doing anything.

yes he also likes drive into the lane and either get his shot blocked or its a TO, not much different than Shannon in terms of impact, one gets to the rack the other chucks 3's....their D are comparable.

Their defense WAS comparable. Shannon's defense before he left wasn't nearly as good as when he got here.

Not to mention, Shannon liked to do Kobe impressions while he played. Jodie is at least doing the RIGHT thing, even if it's not exactly effective.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:03 pm

therealdeal wrote:
khmrP wrote:

Their defense WAS comparable. Shannon's defense before he left wasn't nearly as good as when he got here.

Not to mention, Shannon liked to do Kobe impressions while he played. Jodie is at least doing the RIGHT thing, even if it's not exactly effective.

what exactly is the right thing? Chucking 3 anytime he pleases? Give any decent shooter the green light like Meeks and he could do the same thing and make it probably the same rate. If Shannon was here he'd do the exact same chucking like Meeks with less dribbling because thats what the offense is calling for. Just dont get the hate Shannon gets but when I make the same criticism of Meeks, its he's doing the right thing? :man3: Whether offense dictates it or not, I dont consider launching a 3 with 20secs on the clock ever the right thing to do or pulling up for a 3 when on one else touches the ball either, those 2 things sound Kobeish too so how come Meeks doesn't get the "wannabe kobe" tag?
khmrP

Postby therealdeal on Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:09 pm

Yes chucking threes is the right thing. That's what he's here for. When your shot isn't falling, you attack the basket, that's just basic basketball.

Shannon didn't play like Meeks did. Go watch the tapes. Shannon would pull up mid-range, he'd iso three pointer, he'd do all of those types of Kobe type plays.

Meeks does none of those things except shoot the ball when he has it.

And besides Meeks is doing it within this offense and with this team that encourages that type of play. Shannon did it off the bench in the Triangle which didn't make sense and didn't fit the team.

Their play is not similar at all.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:14 pm

well the offense does call for chucking 3 as you please but this guy takes 3pt attempts that make Kobe 3's hand in face look like a good shot.
khmrP

Postby therealdeal on Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:06 pm

I haven't seen him take one that I thought he should have really passed up on. He's there for a reason and just because he missed a couple doesn't mean he can stop shooting.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Ariza3 on Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:03 pm

wow watching sessions play this year and especially against the heat today, i wish there could have been a way to keep him and get nash this past offseason.

Him backing up Nash, driving to the rim so quickly, and assisting to Meeks for 3's would be a site to see.
Ariza3

Postby dj vitus on Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:35 pm

Interesting, we were +8 with Meeks on the floor missing everything while NY was -18 with JR Smith scoring like crazy. :man3:
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby easyguy on Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:12 pm

Meeks sucks driving in...LMAO
easyguy

Postby Finwë on Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:33 pm

For all the talk about his hustle and energy, it really just comes down to hitting open shots. If he isn't doing that, then he's worthless. His D was awful tonight.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Pig Miller on Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:54 pm

Meeks is ice cold right now. ice cold

the guy is working hard, and his shot will come back around.
Pig Miller

Postby Ariza3 on Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:55 pm

please find your stroke soon. we need his 3's esp if hes gunna shoot this much. love that he keeps at it but towards the end you could tell he didnt want to shoot anymore
Ariza3

Postby Helljumper on Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:05 pm

Flat out terrible in every aspect the past couple of games. I understand trying to get it going in other ways when the 3 pointer isn't falling, but he needs to recognize his limitations. In the half-court, he shouldn't be dribbling the ball at all.
Helljumper

Postby JGC on Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:36 pm

therealdeal wrote:
khmrP wrote:

This. It's what I love about Jodie. His shot isn't falling so he contributes in other ways. And as you said, he hustles.

Jodie is a much better defender than Shannon, but he's also a liability when handling the ball.
JGC

Re: Jodie Meeks Discussion: ice cold

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:20 pm

He didn't have his best game tonight, obviously. He needs to keep shooting, though. He's getting open looks, but unfortunately, their just not falling for him right now. He'll get it together...
dwighthowardsdad

Postby Phil XI on Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:30 pm

He wasn't the only cold one tonight.
Get 17!!
Phil XI

Location: Thanks Ron for Gm7! You'll always be a Laker Legend!

Postby The Rock on Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:50 pm

Hes just in a slump he'll be alright. He attacked the basket 3 times though when they closed out on him, he got fouled once, got blocked once, 3rd time ref gave a no call

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion