Jodie Meeks: signs with Pistons-3 yr / 19mil!?!? = cya

Re: Jodie Meeks Discussion: lukewarm.

Postby Juronimo on Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:39 pm

One thing that would help Jodie's game is to just slow down, take a pump fake and then shoot the midrange. Sometimes he's like a chicken with his head cut off out there.

Ferguson, we hear you.
RIP Mike Brown.
Juronimo

Postby khmrP on Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:48 pm

Juronimo wrote: Sometimes he's like a chicken with his head cut off out there.

this is Sasha but on D :man10:
khmrP

Postby Ariza3 on Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:33 pm

he'll play more against okc defending martin with Morris on Westbrook.

they'll both get owned. hope he makes up for it to go 3 for 3 with Martin that'd be the best defense he could do negating every 3 lol
Ariza3

Postby The Rock on Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:35 pm

When hes not hitting his 3s he's becoming useless. HE tries hard as hell but hes just not good enough right now

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Doc Brown on Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:39 pm

It's not about him not hitting every three he takes or his %, it's about the momentum 3's, the 3's we need him to hit to change the game in our favor.

He will hit a shot here and hit one there, but I'm still waiting on him to hit the 3's that would be game changing.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Finwë on Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:14 pm

^^ yeah.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby wcsoldier81 on Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:34 am

Doc Brown wrote:It's not about him not hitting every three he takes or his %, it's about the momentum 3's, the 3's we need him to hit to change the game in our favor.

He will hit a shot here and hit one there, but I'm still waiting on him to hit the 3's that would be game changing.

He missed three of those against Denver ... all wide open .

Shooters like Korver or Novak would 50% from 3 with the type of looks Meeks is getting on this team
wcsoldier81

Postby Ariza3 on Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:35 pm

make your minutes count and hit the 3 ball
Ariza3

Postby Armani on Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:45 pm

Out of the rotation. I maintain he's better than Morris, though.
Armani

Postby dj vitus on Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:58 pm

wcsoldier81 wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:It's not about him not hitting every three he takes or his %, it's about the momentum 3's, the 3's we need him to hit to change the game in our favor.

He missed three of those against Denver ... all wide open .

Shooters like Korver or Novak would 50% from 3 with the type of looks Meeks is getting on this team

He seems to shoot better when he's getting a screen, or when he's dribbling and turning to shoot. He should just stick to that every time.

I don't know what it is about shooting worse wide-open... too much pressure to make it, I guess.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby karacha on Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:58 pm

Yes, he's better then Morris. He'll play for MDA, I don't think he's going to rot on the bench. He just has to shoot with more consistency.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Ariza3 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:15 am

it was more about D imo. he'll get more minutes im sure. hes too important. dantoni loves him so i think it was for defensive purposes.

he'll be back against bucks as they have jennings and monta
Ariza3

Postby therealdeal on Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:11 am

He kind of hit the point where his shots were out of control. He was putting up too many threes and that's D'Antoni's fault for giving him too long of a leash.

Those shots would go up and long rebounds means easier opportunities for teams to get on the break. That's why he's not playing.

I don't know if he'll find his way out of the dog house. I'm sure eventually Morris will stop hitting his shots from outside and Jodie will take those minutes. Or Duhon will get exposed for his lack of defense and Jodie will get that time. It might be a while though. But as long as we're winning, that's all I care about.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Jellincon on Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:20 pm

Needs to heat back up.
Jellincon

Postby The Rock on Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:32 pm

He'll be alright. The guy tries hard so hes in a little slump he'll be back in the rotation soon

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby JGC on Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:30 pm

I just don't get why Meeks isn't getting any burn. So what if he is in a slump. You can't get out of a slump if you don't play. Plus, his mere presence on the floor helps with spacing. No one wants to leave a wide open Jodie Meeks on the floor and you know what, if they do, I will live with it even if he misses.

The important thing is that the kid plays with confidence. Benching him isn't going to do that.
JGC

Postby Ariza3 on Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:48 am

play him! morris for 5 mins isnt any better than the spacing he gives...plus if he gets hot
Ariza3

Postby wcsoldier81 on Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:53 am

Meeks get himself out of the rotation by missing countless open looks .

I'd still give himself the nod over Darius Dribble but hey you can't be too mad at MDA for benching him .

A true reliable shooter ... add (again) this to the long list of what our team needs
wcsoldier81

Postby therealdeal on Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:01 am

wcsoldier81 wrote:Meeks get himself out of the rotation by missing countless open looks .

I'd still give himself the nod over Darius Dribble but hey you can't be too mad at MDA for benching him .

A true reliable shooter ... add (again) this to the long list of what our team needs

I wouldn't just dismiss Meeks as a reliable shooter. I just think MDA gave him too much leash and then he started getting a little trigger happy. It happens.

He'd be a more reliable shooter if he just shot a little less. The dude was taking 8,9,10 three pointers a game. That's too much...

And you're right, he's better than Morris. Morris doesn't provide anything for us that Meeks doesn't already do. Meeks should be getting those minutes.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby JGC on Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:04 am

wcsoldier81 wrote:Meeks get himself out of the rotation by missing countless open looks .

And the worst thing you can do, is take him out. That will kill his confidence. I am mad at MDA for benching him. Even when he isn't making shots, he's an asset out there as a floor spacer.

And if teams want to leave Jodie WIDE open because he missed some shots the past few games, then let him take them. I'll live with it. B

But you can't have a guy think every time he misses a 3, he'll be banished to the bench.
JGC

Postby Lakerjones on Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:07 am

JGC wrote:

And the worst thing you can do, is take him out. That will kill his confidence. I am mad at MDA for benching him. Even when he isn't making shots, he's an asset out there as a floor spacer.

And if teams want to leave Jodie WIDE open because he missed some shots the past few games, then let him take them. I'll live with it. B

But you can't have a guy think every time he misses a 3, he'll be banished to the bench.

^I agree. D' Antoni needs to keep playing this kid if he ever wants to have a dependable bench player. This punitive style of rotation system isn't working. Brown did the same kind of thing.

D' Antoni needs to utilize what he has. He doesn't have any other shooters. Give the kid regular minutes with the bench squad.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby Ariza3 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:18 pm

play him now or we won't have him in the playoffs. Clark will be ready. Meeks needs minutes. Morris isn't gunna help in the playoffs and neither will Duhon. Meeks given minutes will....so he had a couple bad games. who cares, consistent minutes will help that.

Once Blake comes back out defense will be a little better from our backup PG as well as our offense and Meeks next to him will be way better than Morris. Dantoni needs to play Meeks period. Idc if he misses 3's bc hell make them eventually as Guys get more comfortable with their minutes and rotations. he plays hard and brings effort every night which is what we need now
Ariza3

Postby karacha on Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:49 pm

Ariza3 wrote:...or we won't have him in the playoffs... Morris isn't gunna help in the playoffs

Wait... what? :man3:
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby charvin on Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:44 pm

This just in... Playoffs have now been extended to the Top 12 teams in each conference :man10:

karacha wrote:
Ariza3 wrote:...or we won't have him in the playoffs... Morris isn't gunna help in the playoffs

Wait... what? :man3:
charvin

Re: Jodie Meeks Discussion: bench warmer.

Postby hollywood swinger on Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:48 pm

keep your head up Jodi i know its tough playing for a phony clueless coach like MDA.
the posting artist formally known as west-magic-kobe 8/2004
hollywood swinger

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion