Jodie Meeks: signs with Pistons-3 yr / 19mil!?!? = cya

Re: Jodie Meeks Discussion: Defensive Liability

Postby Ariza3 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:41 pm

That dunk on harden was huge. like i think that really put us over the top and i knew we'd win. he attacked and didnt settle. and hit huge free throws. numbers wont show what he was doing out there in the 4th and OT.

Him and Morris i thought did as good as you can on Harden in the 4th and OT
Ariza3

Postby Ras Algethi on Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:41 pm

I dont care much about that last dunk. He was useless all game.
The most important image ever taken in 3D.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby karacha on Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:43 pm

How can he miss so many open 3s? I have a feeling I would hit at least one more.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:43 pm

Ariza3 wrote:That dunk on harden was huge. like i think that really put us over the top and i knew we'd win. he attacked and didnt settle. and hit huge free throws. numbers wont show what he was doing out there in the 4th and OT.

Him and Morris i thought did as good as you can on Harden in the 4th and OT

Harden missed OPEN shots, dont go giving to much credit to those two especially Meeks who went under the screen almost everytime giving Harden opens looks....dude need to go I dont give a crap if he hustles blah blah, he's brought here to hit open shots and he's NOT doing that, if you guys think he's gona step it up in the playoffs you should check his #'s from last years playoff with Phi and you'll think otherwise.
khmrP

Postby Lqv2015 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:44 pm

If he had hit half of his 3s, that dunk wouldn't be necessary. He needs to get his butt back in the gym & shoot 10,000x 3s.
LAKERS-4-LIFE
Lqv2015

Postby therealdeal on Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:46 pm

Yes he should have hit more shots early, but he came through at the end of the game. Not from the perimeter, but from attacking the basket and from making free throws.

Props Jodie for coming through when the chips were down. :jam2:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakersyunowin on Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:47 pm

he came through in an important time...but had he hit some shots earlier in the game it wouldn't have been as close. oh well, at least he came through
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Ariza3 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:50 pm

No one shot well this game. Especially from 3 % wise. I will say hes missing way more open 3's than hes making but he came through when we needed it and created something for himself in the O which is something no one was doing consistently this game nor can continue doing. That dunk he created for himself and it was a big 2 points. the wide open 3 he had when Harden was crying on the ground he should have made. BUT he was aggressive, hustled, stayed with Harden the best anyone on our team can do, bothered him, and was fighting through Asik's illegal screens all game and not giving up.

The games are not gunna be pretty by any means so its a mentality like Meeks' that will really help our team out
Ariza3

Postby Tobias Funke on Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:50 pm

"Come hell or high water we're gonna be there again. Its just something about the Lakers organization. Mitch is really, really good at it, he's really really good man...."

Tobias Funke

Postby lakerfan2 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:50 pm

Ice cold from outside. What the hell.

Reminds me of 2010 Sasha. A shooter who can't shoot, but can hit free throws and run around.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby khmrP on Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:52 pm

Ariza3 wrote:No one shot well this game. Especially from 3 % wise. I will say hes missing way more open 3's than hes making but he came through when we needed it and created something for himself in the O which is something no one was doing consistently this game nor can continue doing. That dunk he created for himself and it was a big 2 points. the wide open 3 he had when Harden was crying on the ground he should have made. BUT he was aggressive, hustled, stayed with Harden the best anyone on our team can do, bothered him, and was fighting through Asik's illegal screens all game and not giving up.

The games are not gunna be pretty by any means so its a mentality like Meeks' that will really help our team out

mentality dont help us win games, hitting shots does
khmrP

Postby JSM on Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:54 pm

The dunk and FTs were huge. The D was hit and miss but some of the things he does with the basketball in his hands are truly depressing and sickening.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby thisbjgz on Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:54 pm

I can give him a pass for missing those shots (ok not really but still)..but gonna give him kudos for trying..he hung in there and made a critical basket down the stretch and played decent D on Harden in the 4th and OT.. but he HAS to get over those dman screens, giving Harden wide open 3's wtf are you thinking?
thisbjgz

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:55 pm

he did like 3 good things. but everything else was absolutely horrendous.
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby LTLakerFan on Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:55 pm

Tobias Funke wrote:Image

:man10:
LTLakerFan

Postby Ariza3 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:59 pm

khmrP wrote:
Ariza3 wrote:No one shot well this game. Especially from 3 % wise. I will say hes missing way more open 3's than hes making but he came through when we needed it and created something for himself in the O which is something no one was doing consistently this game nor can continue doing. That dunk he created for himself and it was a big 2 points. the wide open 3 he had when Harden was crying on the ground he should have made. BUT he was aggressive, hustled, stayed with Harden the best anyone on our team can do, bothered him, and was fighting through Asik's illegal screens all game and not giving up.

mentality dont help us win games, hitting shots does

basketball is mental and physical. doesnt matter if you CAN hit shots if your not tough enough mentally to attack and shoot more after missing a bunch then youre useless. yes he has to hit shots and he is streaky so when hes not hes doing other things and he did tonight.

everyone has to stop hating on a guy who gave us 4 huge points when we needed it and without it would have had a harder time winning this game. Without him that pass to Pau would have been a turnover and dunk instead of 2 FT's for us. Without that baseline dunk that possession would have been trash and we prob would have given up 2 points in transition.

you can do more than hit 3's. he needs to do that but can do other things for us too. others shot like [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] but still did things on both ends. everyone shot terrible and contributed in other ways.
Ariza3

Postby khmrP on Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:03 pm

everybody else impacted the game much more them some dunk, defensively I dont know what you saw or just basing it on box score but just cause Harden had a bad shooting night doesn't mean Meeks had any part in that, players just miss WIDE open shots. IF Harden was a lil smarter he could've driven in anytime he wanted against Meeks. This argument sounds like the one where people gave Sasha a pass for his whole season of crappy play because he hit to those 2 crucial fts' at the end of gm 7 against Bos :freak2:
khmrP

Postby Lqv2015 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:04 pm

I have to believe he had stage fright tonight. Probably doesn't perform well under pressure. Well, whatever it is he needs to snap out of it. We NEED him to hit open 3s to stand a chance against anyone. Especially for a team that doesn't have anyone to get their own shots. Dwight & Pau will be kicking it out often when they get double. Everyone pray for Meeks this weekend.
LAKERS-4-LIFE
Lqv2015

Postby khmrP on Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:07 pm

Lqv2015 wrote:I have to believe he had stage fright tonight. Probably doesn't perform well under pressure. Well, whatever it is he needs to snap out of it. We NEED him to hit open 3s to stand a chance against anyone. Especially for a team that doesn't have anyone to get their own shots. Dwight & Pau will be kicking it out often when they get double. Lets everyone pray for Meeks this weekend.

Better do more than pray, better start doing some vodoo goat sacrificing stuff, he shot 23% from 3's last year during Phi playoff run.
khmrP

Postby Ariza3 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Harden missed open shots and contested ones against players who didnt back down and meeks was one of them. he had a couple steals didnt turn it over and played with energy. he's not kobe. hes a backup streaky SG starting. 9 points, a important dunk, big FT's, few steals, hustling for loose balls to save a turnover late in the game. he did things to help us win when it counted and no one can argue that. he isnt gunna be some amazing starting SG but he'll do things that dont show up on the stat sheets. he'll be streaky and its frustrating as hell but you gotta back him up bc hes our starting SG and we know he wont give up. basketball is so much more than just hitting shots. alot goes into every possession and he does it for us. his job is to hit 3's....when it doesnt go down he'll do other things and try again. dude has a shooters mentality and we need that bc in this offense thats what dantoni wants.

idk but i think when the lakers are only up 1 with a little less than 1 minute left in the game, 10 seconds left on the shot clock, possession pretty much a bust, guarded by harden baseline, blow by him, and dunk on 2 defenders to put the lakers up 3 with 50 seconds is pretty big to me.
Ariza3

Postby khmrP on Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:38 pm

same thing was said bout Sasha, in the end he kept on bricking shots. Hopefully mgmt. will find some hidden gem elsewhere this off-season.
khmrP

Postby Nashty Gal on Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:40 pm

really hate meeks.. does he practice shooting 3's at all?
The Black Mamba and the White Swan
Kobe on talk with Pau about being more aggressive, "it's against his nature, he's always very nice, very white swan, I need him to be black swan"

http://www.thesexysaxman.com
Nashty Gal

Postby dj vitus on Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:43 pm

Strange, he has one of the best-looking shooting strokes I've seen, but he just doesn't hit 'em.

At least his defense was a little better than usual, and that's not saying much, especially allowing Parson's to hit that 3.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby jodhus on Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:50 pm

Jodie and Sasha have good looking shots and make 80% of their 3's during practice. But they are not making them during the games. If Jodie does not hit his threes during the playoffs, we are not going to beat SA.
=======================================
Don't eat yellow snow
jodhus

Postby KB24 on Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:31 am

Ras Algethi wrote:I dont care much about that last dunk. He was useless all game.

agreed. Dunk wouldn't be needed if he would have made one of those wide open looks.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion