Jodie Meeks: signs with Pistons-3 yr / 19mil!?!? = cya

Re: Jodie Meeks Discussion: MIP!

Postby earvinfr on Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:07 am

Chillbongo wrote:I completely regret all the s***-talking I did on Meeks last year. You are legit dude. You are reliable. Your shot is money. I am sorry.

Please forgive us. We are fickle Laker fans. That and role-players tend to suck it up once they arrive.

That's just tell we should never give up on someone after only one year. But to be honest, I never expected that much from him, even last year.
Offseason's finished for my long sleeping nights. NBA is back !!
earvinfr

Postby LTLakerFan on Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:15 am

Jody is 11th in 3 PT % at .473 as of Friday's games. Neither of the "Splash Brothers" are in that group. :man4: But surprisingly IGGY is ….. at .479 :what:
LTLakerFan

Postby LakerFan1235 on Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:34 pm

small sample size for iggy though.
Every time I begin to ask, "Is he really as great as I think he is?" ...He proves that he is.
Every time I begin to wonder...He proves it...That is why I won't lose hope in him.
You know who I am talking about.
LakerFan1235

Postby Ariza3 on Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:22 am

Def improved his game over the summer. ALOT. No longer just a catch and shoot guy. Shooting pretty well and i hope it continues. Bench mob is awesome and love how they play together with so much fire. Just hope between Meeks and X that the minutes are shared and not one is left out bc both contribute every night pretty consistently (X at home at least). Bench has been balling and dont want that to change or anyone to fall out of the rotation. Have a feeling it'll be X but I hope him and Meeks just split minutes and go with who hot or matchups.
Ariza3

Postby Battle Tested20 on Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:58 pm

getting the start tonight. I like that change even if it is just for this one game.
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby Lakerjones on Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:20 pm

Nice game by Meeks tonight. Solid. Should have been playing at the end.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:36 pm

Loving me some Jodie Meeks right now.

Bring the kid back at this point.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby LTLakerFan on Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:40 pm

Jody Meeks is turning into a stud this season. Fast, athletic, taking it to the rim now, plays hard and is a quick draw gunslinger with his J.
LTLakerFan

Postby Ras Algethi on Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:25 am

Good game but got no run in the 4th. :bang:
The most important image ever taken in 3D.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby Finwë on Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:51 am

keep it up Jodie!
one of the bright spots of our season so far :jam2:
(a totally unexpected one tbh)
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Ariza3 on Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:52 am

awesome game. kept us in it in the first half. dude been finishing extremely well and he should have gotten like 3 and-1's that werent called obviously bc tonight no laker who attacked the rim got calls. Meeks bc hes a "shooter" probably. X was murdered in there without a call and on the other end Green trips over himself and we get a foul called on us. such BS.

Keep it up Meeks. Dantoni made a huge mistake and hopefully he knows it bc who knows the outcome if Meeks was in
Ariza3

Postby wcsoldier81 on Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:44 am

earvinfr wrote:
Chillbongo wrote:I completely regret all the s***-talking I did on Meeks last year. You are legit dude. You are reliable. Your shot is money. I am sorry.

Please forgive us. We are fickle Laker fans. That and role-players tend to suck it up once they arrive.

That's just tell we should never give up on someone after only one year. But to be honest, I never expected that much from him, even last year.

There is no regret to have ... He was garbage last season , worked hard in the offseason and came back as a complete different player
wcsoldier81

Postby wcsoldier81 on Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:44 am

earvinfr wrote:

There is no regret to have ... He was garbage last season , worked hard in the offseason and came back as a complete different player
wcsoldier81

Postby khmrP on Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:36 am

wcsoldier81 wrote:
earvinfr wrote:

agreed here, but I will give him his due for working on his game, he actually looks confident now with his driving ability and was shock to even see a floater in his repitore now. But most impressed with his shooting, just hoping this isn't contract year performance and we bring him back for much more i.e. Sasha and he turns out like Sasha afterwards.
khmrP

Postby abeer3 on Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:23 am

really liked seeing him use the change of pace on his drives, something notably absent from his game last year (always at top speed, which only works if you're a lot faster than everyone else). he's finishing much stronger at the rim, too. he's maintained his hustle and energy on defense, too. he's shown me a lot this year in his extra chance. i think he's now a legit 20-25mpg backup sg in this league. this is something the lakers need going forward, imo.
abeer3

Postby earvinfr on Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:08 pm

Jodie is not as effective since Kobe's return. But I think it's more related to Blake and Farmar injury.
Offseason's finished for my long sleeping nights. NBA is back !!
earvinfr

Postby wcsoldier81 on Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:01 am

He barely touches the ball with the 1st unit ( like every player not named Kobe and Pau) ... tough to get into a rhythm
wcsoldier81

Postby Battle Tested20 on Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:28 am

earvinfr wrote:Jodie is not as effective since Kobe's return. But I think it's more related to Blake and Farmar injury.

BINGO, if anyone thinks its because of Kobe think again.
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby karacha on Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:32 pm

Yeah, M33ks absolutely needs a real PG on the floor to be effective. He'll get his wish soon enough.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Ariza3 on Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:27 pm

he'll be okay once farmar blake or nash is back. been playing pretty well all season so one game isnt gonna make me too mad considering the entire team didnt come out in the 3rd anyways
Ariza3

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:37 pm

Ariza3 wrote:he'll be okay once farmar blake or nash is back. been playing pretty well all season so one game isnt gonna make me too mad considering the entire team didnt come out in the 3rd anyways

Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby trodgers on Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:52 pm

Nash...didn't he retire after winning the second MVP?
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Weezy on Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:07 pm

I'll just say what I said in gameday, Meeks has been the main causality of Kobe returning, and losing our point guards. With Kobe out he was playing the scorer with the green light role, he was a guy majorly benefited by the quick ball movement of the offense and by Steve Blake, with his good cuts to the hoop and movement off the ball he was being found a lot. He was even playing some point. Now he's gotten lost , he has no role, he's purely a spot up shooter like last season again. Hopefully he finds a role again.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby LakersN4 on Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:29 pm

I feared that he & Blake would be the players hurt the most by Kobe's return.. We really should have sold high on Meeks & pre-injury Blake..
LakersN4

Postby SK8 on Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:21 pm

13p 2r 2steals 50%, not bad.
The second place means you're the first loser
ex Uncle Drew
SK8

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion