Jodie Meeks: signs with Pistons-3 yr / 19mil!?!? = cya

Re: Jodie Meeks Discussion

Postby vtandon on Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:14 pm

Found a great excerpt off silver screen and roll. MB is making it hard for even the 'wait and see' fans like me..

http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2012/11/8/3616710/lakers-come-for-jazz-brown-gives-us-the-blues
I hate to bash Mike Brown as he is the coach of our team, and the Lakers organization has just reaffirmed their faith in the man, but seriously what was he thinking? At the end of the first quarter he trotted out a line-up of Darius Morris, Devin Ebanks, Antawn Jamison, Jordan Hill, and Pau Gasol. A passive Pau Gasol paired with no great floor-spacing shooter or shot-creating playmaker, what could go wrong? That line-up closed out the final two and half minutes and produce not a single point. Zero. Zilch. Nada. Goose Egg.

Surely Mike Brown would have recognized the flaws in that line-up, right? Not quite. He started the next quarter with a similar line-up, but with Metta World Peace now manning the shooting guard position and Howard anchoring the middle. It shouldn't come as a surprise that this line-up played a couple minutes and was outscored 10-4. Playing these two line-ups to end the first quarter and start the second quarter caused the Jazz' four-point lead to balloon to fourteen points. The Lakers would never recover from that run.

The famous saying is, "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." But what happens if you are fooled three times? Mike Brown was twice hurt by these four non-shooters plus one all-star big man line-ups. Certainly the man wouldn't do it again in the same game would he? Well, yes he did. Brown sent the same line-up that started the 2nd quarter back out on the court to start the 4th. The Jazz extended their lead another three points during that span. For those of you who are counting, those line-ups were a combined -13 while the other line-ups were a +4.

One of the reasons those line-ups failed so miserably is because there was no spacing due to a lack of shooters on the floor. This is where Mike Brown's other most puzzling move came in: Jodie Meeks, DNP - Coaches Decision. Meeks is the only true back-up shooting guard on the roster, has a solid three-point stroke, and has shown some defensive chops. Mike Brown never let him leave the bench and instead chose to play MWP as the back-up shooting guard. If anyone has any idea for why he would choose this, please let me know because no matter how I look at it, I can't find any justifiable reason for such a decision.
vtandon

Postby KobeSystemtwofour on Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:39 pm

“If somebody had their life on the line, and they’ve got their options on who they want to save their life – tell me who you’re going to pick?” Bryant asked. “You’re going to look at the stats first?”
KobeSystemtwofour

Postby Ariza3 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:02 pm

idiot. we need a bench. Meeks can shoot the 3 annd thus open things up for Dwight/Pau whoever is in with him and also he can get to the line with his 90%FT its easy points.

Mike needs to manage the rotations way better bc no coach would ever play the lineups he has played. players need consistency and that involved playing Meeks with Dwight and running plays for Jamison. And for god's sake run the PnR! i dont care if youre trying to implement the Princeton...i obviously doesnt work bc even Mike scraps it when were down and goes to traditional feed the bigs basketball....why not use PnR??!!
Ariza3

Postby Kit on Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:04 pm

DJ-RaZ-Q#24 wrote:
Kit wrote:I bet Meeks doesn't care if we win or lose right now.

I think he cares ... deep in his heart he hopes we lose every game. The faster more losses come the faster Mike Brown will be fired :man11:

I know. We could tell by his expression last night haha..
Kit

Postby therealdeal on Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:07 pm

Ariza3 wrote:i obviously doesnt work bc even Mike scraps it when were down and goes to traditional feed the bigs basketball....why not use PnR??!!

The Princeton actually keys off of delivering the ball to the post. That's one of the main sets.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:13 pm

Oh is Jodie Meeks on our team? I had no idea.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Ariza3 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:18 pm

complete waste of amazing talent. good teams have a bench or at least one or two guys who can come in, feed of eachother, and potentially turn a game around. Jamison and Meeks are that for us as well as Jordan Hill who had 12 rebounds yesterday!

Minutes for Meeks and sets run for Jamison is what we need. Duhon (although against 2nd/3rd stringers) set up Jamison multiple times...thats what Jamison needs, not just handing the ball off EVERY time. Meeks got good looks too from drive and kick, not having DNP's
Ariza3

Postby The Original 81 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:21 pm

vtandon wrote:Found a great excerpt off silver screen and roll. MB is making it hard for even the 'wait and see' fans like me..

http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2012/11/8/3616710/lakers-come-for-jazz-brown-gives-us-the-blues
I hate to bash Mike Brown as he is the coach of our team, and the Lakers organization has just reaffirmed their faith in the man, but seriously what was he thinking? At the end of the first quarter he trotted out a line-up of Darius Morris, Devin Ebanks, Antawn Jamison, Jordan Hill, and Pau Gasol. A passive Pau Gasol paired with no great floor-spacing shooter or shot-creating playmaker, what could go wrong? That line-up closed out the final two and half minutes and produce not a single point. Zero. Zilch. Nada. Goose Egg.

Surely Mike Brown would have recognized the flaws in that line-up, right? Not quite. He started the next quarter with a similar line-up, but with Metta World Peace now manning the shooting guard position and Howard anchoring the middle. It shouldn't come as a surprise that this line-up played a couple minutes and was outscored 10-4. Playing these two line-ups to end the first quarter and start the second quarter caused the Jazz' four-point lead to balloon to fourteen points. The Lakers would never recover from that run.

The famous saying is, "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." But what happens if you are fooled three times? Mike Brown was twice hurt by these four non-shooters plus one all-star big man line-ups. Certainly the man wouldn't do it again in the same game would he? Well, yes he did. Brown sent the same line-up that started the 2nd quarter back out on the court to start the 4th. The Jazz extended their lead another three points during that span. For those of you who are counting, those line-ups were a combined -13 while the other line-ups were a +4.

One of the reasons those line-ups failed so miserably is because there was no spacing due to a lack of shooters on the floor. This is where Mike Brown's other most puzzling move came in: Jodie Meeks, DNP - Coaches Decision. Meeks is the only true back-up shooting guard on the roster, has a solid three-point stroke, and has shown some defensive chops. Mike Brown never let him leave the bench and instead chose to play MWP as the back-up shooting guard. If anyone has any idea for why he would choose this, please let me know because no matter how I look at it, I can't find any justifiable reason for such a decision.

The last sentence sums up our thoughts on this whole thing perfectly. There is literally no justifications for these lineups Brown has come up with, and I seriously don't understand how he doesn't see it. I really dont.

Mind numbing.
"Let me say one more thing about Kobe. He will be the best player in the history of the game. If he keeps doing what he's doing, there is no stopping him. He is that good." - Shaquille O'Neal in his autobiography, "Shaq Talks Back"
The Original 81

Postby borri on Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:34 pm

Everyone and their moms predicted a total failure for the lineup before the game started. And guess what happened.

This dude....how the hell is he an NBA coach? Boggles my mind. Even a stinking High School coach can figure out that you don't play a stud post player with 4 non shooters.

Heck, I have zero coaching experience probably couldn't get a job volunteering to coach special olympic basketball.....even I figured it out. Sheez! :bang: :bang: :bang:
borri

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:43 pm

Basically Turd Face is trying to over think everything in an attempt to be clever or original, when we would be so much better if he stopped trying idiotic rotations just for the hell of it. It's like he's just putting names in a hat and deciding his rotations that way, in a hope that eventually the right combination will arise.

People that call him smart or knowledgeable...I dunno you would have to have quite low standards for intelligence
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby thkthebest on Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:37 pm

If anyone is going to tomorrow's game, you have to start a "We want Meeks!" chant. Seriously.

Do it.
My signature
thkthebest

Postby SK8 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:56 pm

I feel sorry for Jodie. Such a nice guy, great player, accept less money to join us, and this is what you give him in return.....
Well, at least he is watching Lakers games from first row for free.
The second place means you're the first loser
ex Uncle Drew
SK8

Postby Ariza3 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:47 pm

Meeks and Duhon i think should get minutes. From what ive seen Duhon has worked well with Meeks and found him many times. Also with Jamison.

Duhon
Meeks
Jamison
Hill
Dwight

would be something Mike Brown could put out there. Obviously Jamison at the 3 isnt ideal but i dont think Mike will change that. Duhon has played with Dwight & has worked well with Meeks and Jamison...while Hill just does his thing no matter whos playing with him
Ariza3

Postby Vindicated on Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:11 am

I feel sorry for Jodie too. I'm really excited when the Lakers signed him but now I'm sad to see Potato head made him Goudelock 2.0. :bang: :mad1: :disagree:
“Look, we don’t get five championships by being sympathetic towards each other and kissing each other’s a– during the game,” Bryant said Wednesday when asked about the Lakers’ upcoming game against the Thunder next week. “I’m going to demolish him. He understands that. If he switches off on me in the post, there’s going to be problems. I’m sure he’ll put an elbow right in my back, and that’s why we love each other.”
Vindicated

Postby DarthRekal on Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:53 am

he'll get some burn now
Lakers Motto: HOF Guards, We MAKE 'Em... HOF Centers, We TAKE 'Em

DarthRekal
Cookie Monster

Postby lakersyunowin on Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:54 am

POTATOHEAD IS GONE! rejoice jodie! any other coach will use you!
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby gill on Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:54 am

Welcome back Jodie Meeks! :jam2:
gill

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:10 pm

For future reference.....

RATATATATATATATATATATATATATATAT

Get his kid on the court.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Weezy on Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:13 pm

Meeks might be the happiest guy in the NBA today.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Finwë on Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:10 pm

Weezy wrote:Meeks might be the happiest guy in the NBA today.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Juronimo on Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:15 pm

Now hopefully he'll get some playing time. We desperately need floor spacers when Dwight/Gasol is manning the 5 so that the defense doesn't collapse.

Ferguson, we hear you.
RIP Mike Brown.
Juronimo

Postby denimPortugal on Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:16 pm

Free Jodieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

Go JM! :jam2:
denimPortugal

Postby karacha on Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:16 pm

R
A
T
A
T
A
T
A

Just replace Kobe with Meeks. :man13:
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:21 pm

Weezy wrote:Meeks might be the happiest guy in the NBA today.

Yup he can call off that hit man :man12:

kidding i know that was horrible
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby XXIV on Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:54 pm

Hopefully with Mike Brown gone we see a lot more of Meeks.
XXIV

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion