Jodie Meeks: signs with Pistons-3 yr / 19mil!?!? = cya

Re: Jodie Meeks Discussion: Defensive Liability

Postby Ariza3 on Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:30 pm

played well and make some key plays on both ends. better. 5-10 good too.
Ariza3

Postby The Rock on Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:31 pm

Gosh he kept bricking open 3 points in the 4th Q it was hard to watch but he hustled and defended like crazy. Keep it up. At least hes doing something right

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Finwë on Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:45 pm

lakersyunowin wrote:better jodie, better.

pretty much. Not great or brilliant, but good enough I thought tonight
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:57 pm

Only watched the 2nd half ... great energy as always , had a key steal but got owned by Evans in the 3rd and basically gave a 3pt play by tipping a rebound to Little Buckets ... some 3 made , some missed , I thought he was the worst Laker (with Earl)
wcsoldier81

Postby Ariza3 on Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:33 pm

offense wont always be there (seems like every game for him) but his effort on d is there and thats what this team needs. the d has to respect him and i like that he can heat up and any time. as long as he remains confident in his shot and doesnt rush them he'll be okay
Ariza3

Postby khmrP on Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:57 pm

Ariza3 wrote:offense wont always be there (seems like every game for him) but his effort on d is there and thats what this team needs. the d has to respect him and i like that he can heat up and any time. as long as he remains confident in his shot and doesnt rush them he'll be okay

I never seen him hesitate on a shot like Blake sometimes would but for me he's just not hitting them at high enough or efficient rate to be chucking like he does, he needs to do more of that pump fake and drive in like the play he got a dunk on.
khmrP

Postby dj vitus on Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:27 pm

Gotta hit those open 3s. :bang: Ugh, Sasha Jr. without the defense.

We work so hard orchestrating our offense to get him the wide open look, then he bricks it as if he was fading away with a hand in his face. What a way to kill team morale.

Effort is nothing if it doesn't produce results. He needs to be more consistent overall and improve his court vision on D.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby JSM on Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:00 pm

Real GM wrote:Jodie Meeks has been a critical role player for the Los Angeles Lakers this season, spacing the floor and providing versatility and durability at the wing position. In Meeks’ mind, he views the Lakers as a long-term fit and believes there’s a solid chance he’ll stay through at least next season’s team option in his contract.

“Yeah, I think so,” Meeks told RealGM when asked if he believes he will be part of the Lakers beyond this season. “You can’t really worry about that right now, just finish out this year. I’ll do that and see whatever happens.”

After playing sparingly under Mike Brown early in the season, Meeks is now averaging 8.1 points on 36.5 percent shooting from three-point range. His best stretch came in Mike D’Antoni’s first full month as head coach, posting 11.1 points per game in December.

“[D’Antoni] gives us a lot of confidence,” Meeks said. “Just playing well, he gives you a lot of freedom, so I’m glad he’s my coach.

“It’s a lot different [than Brown’s system]. Obviously I’ve been playing a lot, but Mike allows me to play well.”
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby XXIV on Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:30 pm

I definitely see him sticking around at least for another season, he's a solid hard working role player. What the Lakers need to do is add additional bench depth (specifically young players) while keeping those we have now. Get rid of the dead weight in Morris/Ebanks/Duhon and bring in players who can contribute if called upon.
XXIV

Postby Chillbongo on Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:57 am

Of course he's staying. He makes $1.5M and has a team option. With our payroll there's absolutely no reason whatsoever no matter what to not keep him for 2013-14.

I wish he was a little more consistent from 3. Imagine if he shot 40%? That in itself would make a difference. He needs to be more consistent in general but I like his heart and hustle.

For the money we pay, he gets a B+ for me on the season. If we were paying him like $3M I'd give him a B-
Chillbongo

Postby Battle Tested20 on Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:09 pm

Chillbongo wrote:Of course he's staying. He makes $1.5M and has a team option. With our payroll there's absolutely no reason whatsoever no matter what to not keep him for 2013-14.

I wish he was a little more consistent from 3. Imagine if he shot 40%? That in itself would make a difference. He needs to be more consistent in general but I like his heart and hustle.

For the money we pay, he gets a B+ for me on the season. If we were paying him like $3M I'd give him a B-

This.
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby therealdeal on Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:43 pm

Battle Tested20 wrote:
Chillbongo wrote:Of course he's staying. He makes $1.5M and has a team option. With our payroll there's absolutely no reason whatsoever no matter what to not keep him for 2013-14.

This.

Absolutely. He's a good piece, especially for that price.

That doesn't mean we won't look for someone who might challenge his minutes, but he's certainly going to be here this summer (unless he's asked for in a package to get a SF, but that's another story).
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakerjones on Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:32 am

I still like Jodie. But he needs to make more of his open looks, and he needs to take his time more if there's a lot of shot clock and he's wide open. Needs to relax just a little bit on that. You can't fault his energy or effort. And he can get hot from outside. A little more consistency would go a long way though.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:15 am

^I was going to say the same thing. Jodi has to hit his open looks.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby DHL on Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:50 pm

STILL SUCKS
Lakers fan since 1997
I LOVE THE CLUBLAKERS SIGNATURE RULES!!!!
DHL

Postby Lakerjones on Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:53 pm

Weak sauce tonight. Some dumb ball out there on his part and poor shooting made matters worse. Get it together Jodie, I've defended you plenty. Now hit some damn shots.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby Finwë on Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:01 pm

Meh, wasn't that bad, 2/5 from 3 and played good D I thought.. He missed a couple of mid-range Js and couldn't really convert inside, but 3pt shooting and defense is what matters most with him, and we got that.
There's a lot of room for improvement, yes, but IMO he didn't have that bad of a game. I'd give him a C (considering what he expect from him.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby wcsoldier81 on Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:03 pm

13/38 shooting since he went to the starting lineup , 7/23 from downtown .

GARBAGE
wcsoldier81

Postby MaddDogg on Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:08 pm

Jodie Meeks = The Machine. I would rather have jamal Crawford at $5 mil, but the lakers at the cap the $5 would be like $10 mil.
MaddDogg

Postby Finwë on Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:24 pm

MaddDogg wrote:Jodie Meeks = The Machine. I would rather have jamal Crawford at $5 mil, but the lakers at the cap the $5 would be like $10 mil.

We never had a chance to sign him. Our only two options were the mini-mle and paying the minimum, weren't they?
Finwë

Postby Ariza3 on Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:31 pm

hes doing his job. should be shooting better though. started 2-2 (both 3's) then went 0-7. still think hes playing well but can be better.
Ariza3

Postby therealdeal on Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:03 am

Ariza3 wrote:hes doing his job. should be shooting better though. started 2-2 (both 3's) then went 0-7. still think hes playing well but can be better.

This. He's just about a minimum level player and he's giving us just about what should be expected. He still makes the three enough to be respected and he's very active. He's not giving up as many fouls 50 feet from the rim that Sasha did and he's working hard for us.

I don't get any real disappointment here. I like what he brings. The only thing I'd want is someone behind him that continues to push him to improve.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakersyunowin on Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:33 pm

just awful on both ends tonight. you have 4.5 minutes left to redeem yourself...that is if you see the floor again tonight.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby nthydro on Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:37 pm

lakersyunowin wrote:just awful on both ends tonight. you have 4.5 minutes left to redeem yourself...that is if you see the floor again tonight.

No way he's coming back in unless we need a to win.
nthydro

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:57 pm

Remember when we had Shannon/Machine/Farmar to rotate at SG? If one was sucking, just sit him down.

Yea we need another guy at SG because tonight was just awful. He needed to be sat down, but we have no one else. :man6:
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion