Jodie Meeks: signs with Pistons-3 yr / 19mil!?!? = cya

Re: Jodie Meeks Discussion: Defensive Liability

Postby Finwë on Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:19 pm

Mediocre is being nice..
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby BuzzerBeater on Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:36 pm

C´mon Jodie 1/16 =16%, anyone could play in Lakers right now if you can.

:bang:
BuzzerBeater

Postby Punk-101 on Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:41 pm

"One trick pony without the trick."
“Action has meaning only in relationship; and without understanding relationship, action on any level will only breed conflict. The understanding of relationship is infinitely more important than the search for any plan of action.”
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
Punk-101

Postby The Rock on Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:45 pm

He hustles though. We need to platoon him with a guy who can actually shoot because he tries hard as hell, goes after loose balls, defends with everything hes got even though he can be ineffective sometiems. He earns the minimum I think, keep him around for that price but we gotta have another shooter on the team

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby BuzzerBeater on Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:49 pm

The Rock wrote:He hustles though. We need to platoon him with a guy who can actually shoot because he tries hard as hell, goes after loose balls, defends with everything hes got even though he can be ineffective sometiems. He earns the minimum I think, keep him around for that price but we gotta have another shooter on the team

We have a better shooter...Metta 3/14 today.

Meeks & Metta should pass the ball everytime they get it. :freak2:
BuzzerBeater

Postby Doc Brown on Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:51 pm

The Rock wrote:He hustles though. We need to platoon him with a guy who can actually shoot because he tries hard as hell, goes after loose balls, defends with everything hes got even though he can be ineffective sometiems. He earns the minimum I think, keep him around for that price but we gotta have another shooter on the team

His defense is about as good as Morris'.....fake hustle.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby SpencerHarrison on Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:22 pm

Has. To. Hit. Shots. Meeks can do whatever he wants on defense, but he is totally without value if he can't hit 2 or 3 triples a game. That's his job. When you've got Pau and D12 able to post, you know the looks will come. Just set and shoot.

IF Jodie can drop a few more shots, LA could steal some games in this series.
SpencerHarrison

Postby khmrP on Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:04 pm

SpencerHarrison wrote:Has. To. Hit. Shots. Meeks can do whatever he wants on defense, but he is totally without value if he can't hit 2 or 3 triples a game. That's his job. When you've got Pau and D12 able to post, you know the looks will come. Just set and shoot.

IF Jodie can drop a few more shots, LA could steal some games in this series.

he made one basket and that was off an offensive reb so yea we need more than just a "few" shots. Dude is just horrendous, can always count on this guy to look like he has no business being in the league when he tries his 1 man fast brake and airball layup attempts.
khmrP

Postby Ariza3 on Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:09 pm

if meeks isnt hitting 3's put in glock or duhon. defense is gunna be sketch but those guys are just as good 3 point shooters. glock has that floater too and duhon is an okay pg with good vision.

defense is bad at the 2 spot unless blake is there. so meeks glock or duhon is capable of playing it as a backup and if one isnt making shots try another.

give glock a chance
Ariza3

Postby khmrP on Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:18 pm

he's not very good defensively and he was brought here for shooting, if he's not making shots why do we need him if we get another "shooter"? He doesn't earn the MIN, he got half of the mini MLE, its close to his MIN but as of late he's not even worth his cheap contract.
khmrP

Postby therealdeal on Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:01 am

I can't defend the kid anymore if he can't make a shot. I love the energy, I love the work, but just like Vujacic when the chips are down you HAVE to make baskets.

He'll be back next season, but hopefully we can find a lesser role for him and we can bring in someone who will actually make shots.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Armani on Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:11 am

therealdeal wrote:I can't defend the kid anymore if he can't make a shot. I love the energy, I love the work, but just like Vujacic when the chips are down you HAVE to make baskets.

He'll be back next season, but hopefully we can find a lesser role for him and we can bring in someone who will actually make shots.

This pretty much. I dig this guy, but when he's not hitting his 3's... what's he good for? This seems to be a trend with him, too.
Armani

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:15 am

Personally, I'm tired of Meeks. He's way too inconsistent.
dwighthowardsdad

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:29 am

I'd rather have the guy that shoots 2/5 every game from 3 consistently at the worst, than Meeks who will shoot 0/3 one game and then 1/3 the next, then 3/3 the next and then back to 0/3 the next game.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby khmrP on Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:33 am

Meeks is consistent, just not in a good way.
khmrP

Postby lotus on Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:08 am

He needs to stop hustling trying to be a complete player because maybe that is tiring him out from being able to shoot the 3 ball. Just be the deadly shooter from the arc that you were signed to be.
lotus

Postby khmrP on Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:16 am

lotus wrote:He needs to stop hustling trying to be a complete player because maybe that is tiring him out from being able to shoot the 3 ball. Just be the deadly shooter from the arc that you were signed to be.

he missed his 1st 3 badly minutes into the game, so no he's not bricking shots cause he's tired......he just SUCKS.
khmrP

Postby GoldenKnight on Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:16 am

Can't hit an open shot, or a shot in general to save his life! Thinks he can drive the ball on a 1 on 3 fastbreak, fouls every single time someone drives past him...what's the point of having this guy in the game, honestly?

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby lakerfan2 on Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:27 am

Yeah, I'm done with Meeks too. Love the heart and hustle, but we got you for one reason.

I mean, damn, he's missin completely wide open jumpers. There's no excuse for that.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby jlkr on Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:58 am

Say what you want ... the team have held the Spurs to 89 ppg and 37% shooting the last two games they've played. They came out on fire for game 1 and still only scored 6 more points than they did in the loss last week. Doing that to the Spurs' offense should ordinarily keep the Lakers in the game. In other words, Meeks' defense is not the issue his shooting is.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

--Robert Frost
jlkr

Postby The Rock on Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:03 pm

He can put weight on his ankle apparently. WELP

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Congo Cash on Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:57 pm

All hustle and nothing else to show for it...
- insert signature here -
Congo Cash

Postby khmrP on Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:13 pm

^^^^Sasha and Madsen reborn
khmrP

Postby Chillbongo on Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:13 pm

We're short handed but damn so much discussion for a guy making 1-2% of our payroll. Who's known to be a niche player. If his niche isn't effective we know he's not doing much else for us.

It's on MDA to play other guys. Why was did Clark and Jamison play a combined 28 minutes . Why is Nash playing 30 minutes? Why is Nash starting? Why is MWP playing 32 minutes? So many questions....
Chillbongo

Postby therealdeal on Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:45 pm

Because Clark and Jamison couldn't hit the broadside of a barn AND they were getting out hustled.

Because if Nash doesn't play 30 minutes, we get to see Duhon/Morris play.

No one plays behind World Peace. That "workout" chart should show why Ebanks doesn't get any playing time.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion