Jodie Meeks: signs with Pistons-3 yr / 19mil!?!? = cya

Re: Jodie Meeks Discussion: Defensive Liability

Postby JSM on Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:00 pm

Mark Medina ‏@MarkG_Medina 19s
Jodie Meeks:"I just couldn’t move laterally or take quick steps.If I couldn’t do that in warmups,I definitely couldn’t do that in the game"

I guess he didn't watch Nash in the 4th, cause he couldn't move laterally or take quick steps either.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby khmrP on Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:40 pm

JSM wrote:
Mark Medina ‏@MarkG_Medina 19s
Jodie Meeks:"I just couldn’t move laterally or take quick steps.If I couldn’t do that in warmups,I definitely couldn’t do that in the game"

I guess he didn't watch Nash in the 4th, cause he couldn't move laterally or take quick steps either.

probably didn't want to play since it clearly would've affected his speed and layup abilities
khmrP

Postby Weezy on Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:41 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
Doc Brown @FluxCapacitor

Meeks (career) will have his team option declined as soon as Monday.

:man10: Yeah I really don't care if he's back or not next season.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:17 am

Jodie make your f***ing shots!

Seriously though this kid can't win with you guys. He's hurt playing his butt off for us. Cut him some slack.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:20 am

He was hurt for one game. It doesn't excuse his 30% 3pt shooting the last two months, the botched defensive lapses and last but not least, his horrendous drives to the hoop.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby therealdeal on Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:45 am

Yeah, but bringing them up at this point is beating a dead horse right?

Or at least one with a twisted ankle?
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:29 am

Mark Medina ‏@MarkG_Medina 32m
Jodie Meeks' MRI shows he has a partial ligament tear in his sprained left ankle, according to a league source
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

An MRI taken Thursday afternoon revealed that Lakers guard Jodie Meeks has a partial ligament tear in his sprained left ankle, according to a league source.

The Lakers had listed Meeks as doubtful to play in Game 3 Friday of their first-round series against the San Antonio Spurs before he received the MRI. Meeks will continue to take anti-inflammaroties and receive treatment in hopes that he can play, according to the source. But that prospect appears unlikely. As of late Thursday night, Meeks couldn’t even wear shoes due to the swelling surrounding his left ankle, the source said.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby wcsoldier81 on Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:54 am

Hopefully we have seen his last game as a Laker
wcsoldier81

Postby therealdeal on Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:13 am

Damn.

I feel for the kid. I know he wasn't what we'd hoped, but neither was Nash, Howard for the first half, Metta, Ebanks, and Hill (not his fault). This season has been a complete bust, a waste of time, and will go down as the worst in our team's history.

This kid gave his all for us and he's still trying to give. I respect that a lot and I appreciate that. I'll welcome him back next season as long as there's someone else on the team ahead of him. He's a good character guy, a nice locker room type, and a good kid. I like him.

Here's to the CL hero: Goudelock.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby hollywood swinger on Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:24 pm

jesus christ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the posting artist formally known as west-magic-kobe 8/2004
hollywood swinger

Postby hollywood swinger on Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:26 pm

wcsoldier81 wrote:Hopefully we have seen his last game as a Laker

:man3: why?? kid has energy and plays hard plus he is cheap. can't knock a streak shooter you knew thats what he was when he came here. at least he plays hard when his shot isn't falling.
the posting artist formally known as west-magic-kobe 8/2004
hollywood swinger

Postby pound4pound1 on Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:35 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
Mark Medina ‏@MarkG_Medina 32m
Jodie Meeks' MRI shows he has a partial ligament tear in his sprained left ankle, according to a league source
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

An MRI taken Thursday afternoon revealed that Lakers guard Jodie Meeks has a partial ligament tear in his sprained left ankle, according to a league source.

The Lakers had listed Meeks as doubtful to play in Game 3 Friday of their first-round series against the San Antonio Spurs before he received the MRI. Meeks will continue to take anti-inflammaroties and receive treatment in hopes that he can play, according to the source. But that prospect appears unlikely. As of late Thursday night, Meeks couldn’t even wear shoes due to the swelling surrounding his left ankle, the source said.

we're gonna need someone to step up and miss the shots that Jodie would miss for us
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby khmrP on Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:47 pm

Playing hard doesnt mean much if you're not productive....its not like hes one of those guys who do all the little things that don't show up in box scores, hes horrible defensively, can't make layups, cant finish brakes, cant create own shot except the occasional drive and dunk and calling him streaky is way to generous. Its not like he goes lights out every other gm from 3s, honestly imo his 3pt shooting isnt much better than mwp but we dont label him streaky. I dont see how we couldn't find something similar even cheaper than Meeks from what ive seen this season.
khmrP

Postby nthydro on Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:57 pm

therealdeal wrote:Damn.

I feel for the kid. I know he wasn't what we'd hoped, but neither was Nash, Howard for the first half, Metta, Ebanks, and Hill (not his fault). This season has been a complete bust, a waste of time, and will go down as the worst in our team's history.

This kid gave his all for us and he's still trying to give. I respect that a lot and I appreciate that. I'll welcome him back next season as long as there's someone else on the team ahead of him. He's a good character guy, a nice locker room type, and a good kid. I like him.

Here's to the CL hero: Goudelock.

At the end of the day, being nice, playing hard and giving your all means nothing if you can't produce. It's sad but the truth. I know a lot of fans have a short leash when it comes to certain players but Meeks has been bad basically all season (save a few games where he was hot). No defense, low b-ball IQ, and for a shooter he is not particularly good or clutch with his shots. The one good thing I can say is at least we didn't spend too much on him.
nthydro

Postby Chillbongo on Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:02 pm

^ Yeah, but at $1M for what he put up every other other game, it's worth it unfortunately. I've been a very vocal critic of Meeks, but at 1 MILLION dollars who the hell are we going to find that's any better?

At least he's young, somewhat athletic, and every 5 games can shoot the ball well.
Chillbongo

Postby therealdeal on Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:03 pm

Whatever.

I've supported him and I will continue to do so in the limited capacity that I am. I'm not saying he's had a great year, I'm not saying he's a great player. Like you said, he's a cheap player who's young and has already bounced around the league a little bit. What the hell did you guys expect?

His averages are more or less what he averaged last season in Philadelphia and with the way our season has gone I'm not going to hold it against him that some of his numbers have dropped. Our entire team has looked like that except for Steve Blake and Kobe Bryant.

As a person who has played in organized sports before I value the kind of work this kid puts in. I valued Sasha's work too. I understand that work MUST lead to production at some point, I'm not an idiot.

But I'm also not saying this kid was amazing or that he was a disappointment. He was what he was advertised to be. I hope he comes back next season as our 3rd string SG.

What's so damn hard to understand about that?
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:06 pm

Chillbongo wrote:^ Yeah, but at $1M for what he put up every other other game, it's worth it unfortunately. I've been a very vocal critic of Meeks, but at 1 MILLION dollars who the hell are we going to find that's any better?

At least he's young, somewhat athletic, and every 5 games can shoot the ball well.

1.5mill
khmrP

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:09 pm

Chillbongo wrote: but at 1 MILLION dollars who the hell are we going to find that's any better?

At 1.5 million...

NateRob, Webster, CJ Watson, Delonte, hell Mike James, CJ Miles, Willie Green, Livingston, Brian Roberts, R.Brewer.
Doc Brown

Postby therealdeal on Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:10 pm

And most of those were available at the time of Jodie's signing. If you're going to mad about them not being here, blame the FO not Jodie.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby denimPortugal on Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:16 pm

I don't know what to say...no other team are so unlucky! :bang:
Our backcourt right now: Morris-Duhon-Glock! :freak2: :freak2:
denimPortugal

Postby khmrP on Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:16 pm

1.5mill for a 3rd stringer is a waste of money
khmrP

Postby Chillbongo on Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:17 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
Chillbongo wrote: but at 1 MILLION dollars who the hell are we going to find that's any better?

At 1.5 million...

NateRob, Webster, CJ Watson, Delonte, hell Mike James, CJ Miles, Willie Green, Livingston, Brian Roberts, R.Brewer.

This summer?
Chillbongo

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:17 pm

therealdeal wrote:And most of those were available at the time of Jodie's signing. If you're going to mad about them not being here, blame the FO not Jodie.

Who said I was blaming Jodie? Chill asked who we could have gotten at the same price that was better. I answered his question.

You know my stance on the FO and these minimum/low price signings. They suck at it.
Doc Brown

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:18 pm

Chillbongo wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:

At 1.5 million...

This summer?

Yep. Everyone except Miles is actually making less than Meeks. Miles is making 700k more.

Edit: Brewer was released during the season, cleared waivers, OKC picked him up. Chance was still there to upgrade though.
Last edited by Doc Brown on Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doc Brown

Postby nthydro on Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:22 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
Chillbongo wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:

At 1.5 million...

This summer?

Yep. Everyone except Miles is actually making less than Meeks. Miles is making 700k more.

WOW are you flipping serious?? :bang:
nthydro

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion