Jodie Meeks: signs with Pistons-3 yr / 19mil!?!? = cya

Re: Jodie Meeks Discussion: team exercises option for 13-14 (71)

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:10 pm

Waste of a roster spot...
dwighthowardsdad

Postby SK8 on Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:23 pm

I remember, i was very happy when we got him.....but now, Jesus :disagree:
The second place means you're the first loser
ex Uncle Drew
SK8

Postby Lakerjones on Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:05 pm

Uncle Drew wrote:I remember, i was very happy when we got him.....but now, Jesus :disagree:

Sadly, me too. I really thought he was going to be a big help to us. Instead, nothing. Zilch. :bang:
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby borri on Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:52 pm

SUCKS. Closed thread. End of discussion.
borri

Postby hollywood swinger on Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:58 pm

you have got to be kidding me? Meeks >DJO no offense but djo is not an nba player he is horrible. Meeks can knock down shot and he plays D with effort.
the posting artist formally known as west-magic-kobe 8/2004
hollywood swinger

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:06 pm

hollywood swinger wrote:you have got to be kidding me? Meeks >DJO no offense but djo is not an nba player he is horrible. Meeks can knock down shot and he plays D with effort.

He was the 87th ranked 3 point shooter last year.

Didn't even qualify for a top FG% last year. Cut off was 123. If everyone qualified in the league, he would have been the 364th ranked player in terms of FG% (38.7%).

Knock down shooter.........no.

He plays defense? That is news to me.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Weezy on Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:10 pm

hollywood swinger wrote:you have got to be kidding me? Meeks >DJO no offense but djo is not an nba player he is horrible. Meeks can knock down shot and he plays D with effort.

I agree that DJO isn't that good and is probably a career D-League guy, and I don't get a lot of praise or hype he's getting around here right now. I don't agree that Meeks can knock down shots though, he can't shoot, he sucks at it. And he may try hard on defense, but he sucks at that too and constantly gets lost, easily screened off his man, and is easily best backdoor.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby wcsoldier81 on Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:58 pm

Both Meeks and DJO have nothing to do in a team rotation which wants to be better than a" below average to average' squad.

DJO has some athleticism but he looks like another Dribble Darius on the court
wcsoldier81

Postby LooN3y on Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:19 am

i rather give meeks minutes at the 2 than steve blake.

steve blake never fit this roster at all, and still doesnt, hes not a run and gun point guard.

i think some people are fooled by blakes 3pt fg% he isnt a shooter, he just takes good shots. in no shape or form does he have a shooters stroke.

i always knew there was going to be problems with him when he joined our roster because of his style of play and him not being a natural shooter (like a d-fish, mo williams, billups, etc etc you know what i mean) type of player. and when fish was gone i knew it would be a problem.

last year he finally did have some good games, i assume he had the green light, but even then you can tell it wasnt his game.

and this year, ive been to one game live already, seen all but the china preseason game. and this guy stop the offense, he cant run it, it games stale every time he handles the ball.

much much more different than when farmar has the ball. i really think blake should stop playing PG completely. his STATS are fools gold, sure he puts up the some good numbers sometimes (couple times he had some high assists numbers with a couple of made 3's) but the way he gets his assists, there is no rhythm when its executed. there is no flow, and its not smooth.

all in all, please ship blake out. and i heard even worse in the game in game in shanghai, ship him out, get him out of here, hes been nothing but disappointment since he got here. he never fit this roster and never should of been here.

please stop with "oh he plays good defense" no, he plays mediocre defense, and it doesnt cover up the fact that he has a hard time running this teams offense. nobody respects him in the paint and he doesnt have a shooters stroke or mentality to make up for that.

all in all, i rather give minutes to meeks than to blake, atleast meeks can be our next sasha and just camp out on the 3pt line, rather than having blake just run around with the ball for 24 seconds like he did for the past 3 years.
LooN3y

Postby wcsoldier81 on Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:49 am

so you rather give Meeks minutes at the 2 than Blake then explained why Blake isn't good at the 1 .. ok

Blake has the 22nd best career 3 points FG% amongst active players in the league at 38.9% ... who cares if his shoot doesn't look "pure"
wcsoldier81

Postby LooN3y on Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:59 am

wcsoldier81 wrote:so you rather give Meeks minutes at the 2 than Blake then explain why Blake isn't good at the 1 .. ok

Blake has the 22th best career 3 points FG% amongst active players in the league at 38.9% ... who cares if his shoot doesn't look "pure"

well kinda explained blake isnt good as a spot up shooter, considering thats all hes gonna do if Farmar is at the 1 and young is at the 3 per say if he plays the 2.

like is said its stats, what does high 3pt fg percentage mean when he doesnt make them at the right time?

how many open 3's did we see over the years that could of been momentum changing that were missed? and i know everyone remembers the warm up wide open corner 3 he missed in that okc series. i mean fish if we kept him could of missed that too if he were to take it, but the fact that he either has been passing up 3s and bricking 3s when we needed him to sink em for his whole time here as laker just made it that worst.

i wanted him gone at the end of his first year with us, and i still want him gone now. if he can mimic the nice run he had late last year, all season long then great. but that probably isnt going to happen

with that said i hope both dont see the time of day when kobe gets back, i really hope its a nash/farmar, kobe/henry,young/johnson out in the perimeter.
LooN3y

Postby hollywood swinger on Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:48 am

Doc Brown wrote:

Didn't even qualify for a top FG% last year. Cut off was 123. If everyone qualified in the league, he would have been the 364th ranked player in terms of FG% (38.7%).

well imo i just rather have jodi out there because of his effort , athletic ability and 3 ball, finishing @ the rim. blake has looked scared of being in a lakers jersey from the moment he got here. to be honest with you i am sick of nash & blake. we should have dumped both of them for younger more speed pg's this year since we are basically throwing this season away. maybe i am just bias but i am a meeks fan.
the posting artist formally known as west-magic-kobe 8/2004
hollywood swinger

Postby trodgers on Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:12 am

I'll take Blake over Meeks. I'm hoping Meeks will eventually take the challenge seriously and play his best, but I fear we're already seeing it...or maybe he's not that good.
twitter.com/lakersballtweet lakersball.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby LooN3y on Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:03 pm

hollywood swinger wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:

well imo i just rather have jodi out there because of his effort , athletic ability and 3 ball, finishing @ the rim. blake has looked scared of being in a lakers jersey from the moment he got here. to be honest with you i am sick of nash & blake. we should have dumped both of them for younger more speed pg's this year since we are basically throwing this season away. maybe i am just bias but i am a meeks fan.

this,

im actually not a fan of either blake nor meeks. i mean i was always impressed with blake when he was on the blazers, but dude is a traditional half-court offense PG, that needs the ball in his hands. and its a bit worse now since nobody respects him when he drives in.

hes not a type of PG to have with kobe, nor a run and gun team. he didnt fit our roster now, nor did he before.

and the one i put in bold, oh my god, does anyone remember how many 3's he passed up during his first year?

i literally screamed at the TV. and nash, i never wanted nash, not because i dont like him or his game, its because we have blake as the main back up to nash.

and how are we going from sessions to nash? our goal was to become YOUNGER at the PG spot.

atleast we have farmar now, id be content with nash/farmar
LooN3y

Postby MadMax on Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:36 pm

Meeks anyone? :man1:

He's probably my least favorite player, but he'll play much better on a team like this.
MadMax
Clublakers Moderator

Postby Weezy on Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:42 pm

I'm shocked, because usually it takes longer between good games for him to have another really good one. I didn't expect it for a few more games, but hey it's always welcome. If he wants to cut it from 5 to 10 games between good ones to 3 to 5 that would be great.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakerjones on Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:43 pm

His shooting was good tonight. His D . . . not so much.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakersyunowin on Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:43 pm

got it going tonight. hope he can keep it up.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:46 pm

he had his moments tonight but im still terrified of him being anywhere near the ball when hes on the court
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby Sirron on Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:47 pm

I always liked Jodi Meeks
Sirron
Mst Intrsting mn n th wrld

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:47 pm

He made some big shots tonight. Needs to stop shooting off the dribble though. Catch and shoot 3's only for him.

I don't want to talk about his defense.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby LTLakerFan on Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:51 pm

I don't know you guys can bash his ball handling continuously but I say he has improved it since last year. Maybe not great for sure but he has improved and sometimes even at high speed it works. :man4: :man10: Props to Jodi for the effort he always gives.
LTLakerFan

Postby Frank Dux on Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:53 pm

He came through tonight, but I still saw some bonehead moments from him.
Frank Dux
Clublakers Moderator

Postby Sirron on Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:54 pm

LTLakerFan wrote:I don't know you guys can bash his ball handling continuously but I say he has improved it since last year. Maybe not great for sure but he has improved and sometimes even at high speed it works. :man4: :man10: Props to Jodi for the effort he always gives.

I noticed that as well
Sirron
Mst Intrsting mn n th wrld

Postby therealdeal on Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:07 pm

Sirron wrote:
LTLakerFan wrote:I don't know you guys can bash his ball handling continuously but I say he has improved it since last year. Maybe not great for sure but he has improved and sometimes even at high speed it works. :man4: :man10: Props to Jodi for the effort he always gives.

I noticed that as well

It's never his work ethic, it's his shot making ability. The guy struggles with consistently.

If he can do THIS with consistency, no one can really have much to complain about. He fits with that second unit for sure.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion