Joey Crawford And His Officiating...

Joey Crawford And His Officiating...

Postby King of Clutch on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:46 pm

Always thought he was a decent ref. But this was probably one of the worst officiating games i've seen from an referee. Even though he didn't help the situation, we clearly just played like [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.].
silver screen & Roll
Joey Crawford just high stepped a blocking call like he was scoring an easy touchdown. Hw should T himself up for taunting.

Kamanetzky Brothers
Joey Crawford has reached a point where he's now a parody of a parody of joey crawford.

J.A Adande
The 4th quarter belongs to joey crawford. Even when kobe's on the court

More Joey Crawford comedy

lol twitter is going crazy. Giving me comedy after a tough loss. lol
Last edited by King of Clutch on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
King of Clutch

Re: Joey Crawford And His Officiating...

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:48 pm

hes one of the worst refs out there

CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby lakersyunowin on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:49 pm

HORRIBLE call. but not why we lost.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby GoldHammish on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:49 pm

If you want comedy, look no further than this:
GoldHammish

Postby quartzcharm on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:49 pm

I agree that he had a few bad calls, but the Lakers should have won the game easily (free throws) regardless.
quartzcharm

Postby Lakerjones on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:51 pm

GoldHammish wrote:If you want comedy, look no further than this:

:man10: :man10: :man10: Easily one of the funniest game gifs I've seen. That is just insane. And so was the horrific call. Joey C being a total knucklehead.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby lotus on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:52 pm

Joey's been sticking it to the Lakers for decades. His performance tonight was par for the course. You really have to wonder if this guy does some type of side deal on Lakers games because he's been consistently dumping on this franchise.
lotus

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:53 pm

Epic. :man10: :man10: :man10:
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby wcsoldier81 on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:53 pm

Every he's reffing , he wants to be the star of the game ... he's calling ticky tack fouls but missing the obvious ones...
wcsoldier81

Postby noobiew on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:53 pm

Joey Crawford did make some terrible calls in the game but I will blame our team first before the refs we can't even win against this sorry Grangerless Indiana team at home ! :bang:
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby GoldHammish on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:54 pm

Lakerjones wrote:

:man10: :man10: :man10: Easily one of the funniest game gifs I've seen. That is just insane. And so was the horrific call. Joey C being a total knucklehead.

Kobe's reaction makes it that much funnier, too.

:man5:
GoldHammish

Postby thkthebest on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:54 pm

King of Clutch wrote:Always thought he was a decent ref.

What the.
My signature
thkthebest

Postby lakersyunowin on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:55 pm

the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby dj vitus on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:56 pm

fkmikebrown wrote:HORRIBLE call. but not why we lost.

Yeah, it was a lot of reasons. But whether we won or lost, it was still a terrible call. Any way they can protest it and replay the last minute of the game? Oh well, pipe dream.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby Finwë on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:56 pm

For YEARS he's been one of the most mocked refs in the league. It always seems in every game he's calling there's a bunch of really weird calls, technicals, etc.

If you don't remember, Joey Crawford was the one, in game 7 of the 2010 NBA finals, that said that with less than 40 seconds left, Kobe dribbled the ball out of bounds. They reviewed it of course, and the replay not only showed that it was CLEAR that Rondo touched it, but also that Crawford was RIGHT IN FRONT of the play.
Imagine if they hadn't reviewed that, we could've lost that game. That's what's crazy, Crawford is FAMOUS for being a pathetic ref, and yet he gets to call the NBA finals. LOL.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby dj vitus on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:58 pm

noobiew wrote:Joey Crawford did make some terrible calls in the game but I will blame our team first before the refs we can't even win against this sorry Grangerless Indiana team at home ! :bang:

Remember, we are Nash-less, too. :man1:
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby Lakerjones on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:58 pm

noobiew wrote:Joey Crawford did make some terrible calls in the game but I will blame our team first before the refs we can't even win against this sorry Grangerless Indiana team at home ! :bang:

^^ No doubt, and it wasn't just Joey blowing the calls. Kobe got butchered on many occasions with no whistle. They let a lot of things slide tonight considering it was our home court.

But those are still excuses. Our guys have to make free throws. Dwight's free throwing was disgusting. Simply unacceptable. I'll put most of the blame on him actually for those missed FT's. 25%? Abysmal.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby King of Clutch on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:00 am

LOL!!! What is the NEED for that crap though? lol. I don't get it. Even if it were the right call I always hate it when refs blow blow multiple whistles, take like 5 steps, and then make a charge or block call. Even when my team doesn't play. Its just unnecessary and shows some bias. If i'm the opposing player on the court i'm thinking that the ref may be biased against us.
King of Clutch

Postby Barnstable on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:01 am

He's always been horrible IMO. Tenure as an NBA ref and league protection keeps the media from just outright saying it all the time.

It's really not a matter of whether we won this one or not. When I see Crawford on the court, even before a game, I know the game will have some awful calls. Can't even remember the last time I thought he called a good game.
"league getting mitch-slapped"
Barnstable
CL Global Moderator

Postby Barnstable on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:03 am

"league getting mitch-slapped"
Barnstable
CL Global Moderator

Postby King of Clutch on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:07 am

netw3rk ‏@netw3rk
The only thing anyone needs to know about Joey Crawford is that he once broke his own finger making an emphatic T sign.

ROFL!!!
King of Clutch

Postby Finwë on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:07 am

Lakerjones wrote:

^^ No doubt, and it wasn't just Joey blowing the calls. Kobe got butchered on many occasions with no whistle. They let a lot of things slide tonight considering it was our home court.

No, no, no, weren't you paying attention? Clearly it was Kobe just faking it trying to get calls, just being selfish attempting to have his own "flu game" like MJ had. No way those were fouls, even though it definitely looked like it to anyone with functioning eyes and a basic understanding of basketball, no way, it was just kobe being a chucker and a black hole ball hog.

:man10:
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby dj vitus on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:17 am

Lol, reading through JC tweets, guess Crawford outdid Mr. Travel Dance with his own Block Dance.
dj vitus

Postby Jellincon on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:22 am

Why can't he be fined for excessive reaction to a call?
Jellincon

Postby BDG on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:27 am

He's trending on twitter.

That's how bad the officiating was tonight.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Next

Return to Lakers Discussion