John Ireland & Max Kellerman beef on air re: Interview w/MDA

Re: John Ireland & Max Kellerman beef on air re: Interview w/MDA

Postby retro_nights on Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:58 pm

Kellerman is one of the best, honestly.
---
Team lakers
User avatar
retro_nights

 
Posts: 354
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:50 am
Location: Bay

Re: John Ireland & Max Kellerman beef on air re: Interview w/MDA

Postby NeeJee on Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:59 pm

It's a hate-him-if-he's-against-you and love-him-if-he's-with-you kind of thing with Lawler
User avatar
NeeJee

 
Posts: 386
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:37 pm

Re: John Ireland & Max Kellerman beef on air re: Interview w/MDA

Postby therealdeal on Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:01 pm

NeeJee wrote:It's a hate-him-if-he's-against-you and love-him-if-he's-with-you kind of thing with Lawler

I don't know. To me he's like some old man that found his way into the booth and he's doing a good job at it randomly.

I like him, I just hate Smith (?) or whoever is with him. He makes him much worse with his insane homerism.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: John Ireland & Max Kellerman beef on air re: Interview w/MDA

Postby NeeJee on Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:02 pm

Mike Smith I think. He's an ex-Clipper apparently. I've never heard of him though. Explains the homerism.
User avatar
NeeJee

 
Posts: 386
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:37 pm

Re: John Ireland & Max Kellerman beef on air re: Interview w/MDA

Postby NeeJee on Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:05 pm

Jay from Compton just said that Kobe doesn't care about anybody but himself, and he's saying these things to about Dwight to pressure him to playing because it gives him the best opportunity to win his 6th ring. Basically his premise is that Kobe is selfish, and is trying to embarrass Dwight into playing so they'll have a better chance at winning HIS 6th ring to match MJ.

...absurd
User avatar
NeeJee

 
Posts: 386
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:37 pm

Re: John Ireland & Max Kellerman beef on air re: Interview w/MDA

Postby wcsoldier81 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:10 pm

Stu/Trudell/Ding/Pincus/Kam brothers ... the best at covering the Lakers .

Billy Mac , Chris McGee ( or whatever his name is) , Adler and the wannabe papy gangsta coach are the worst .

Ireland is just a homer and awkward .

We need another play by play announcer , Mac is horrible
wcsoldier81

 
Posts: 6420
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:20 am

Re: John Ireland & Max Kellerman beef on air re: Interview w/MDA

Postby lakersyunowin on Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:11 pm

NeeJee wrote:Jay from Compton just said that Kobe doesn't care about anybody but himself, and he's saying these things to about Dwight to pressure him to playing because it gives him the best opportunity to win his 6th ring. Basically his premise is that Kobe is selfish, and is trying to embarrass Dwight into playing so they'll have a better chance at winning HIS 6th ring to match MJ.

...absurd

i seriously can't stand this guy. how this BUM got a gig on the radio...no idea. he has such a grating, antagonistic, arrogant attitude. and he is SO negative
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
User avatar
lakersyunowin

 
Posts: 10415
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:19 pm

Re: John Ireland & Max Kellerman beef on air re: Interview w/MDA

Postby Weezy on Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:13 pm

NeeJee wrote:Jay from Compton just said that Kobe doesn't care about anybody but himself, and he's saying these things to about Dwight to pressure him to playing because it gives him the best opportunity to win his 6th ring. Basically his premise is that Kobe is selfish, and is trying to embarrass Dwight into playing so they'll have a better chance at winning HIS 6th ring to match MJ.

...absurd


He's wrong because Kobe doesn't even care about himself as long as he wins, he played through injuries that will never go away in order to win, like his f'ed up fingers. So Kobe might not care about anyone when it comes to winning, but that includes his own health.
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 50866
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Re: John Ireland & Max Kellerman beef on air re: Interview w/MDA

Postby NeeJee on Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:15 pm

Mason is calling this douche bag out.
User avatar
NeeJee

 
Posts: 386
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:37 pm

Re: John Ireland & Max Kellerman beef on air re: Interview w/MDA

Postby lakersyunowin on Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:15 pm

NeeJee wrote:Mason is calling this douche bag out.

so glad to hear it. jay is an idiot.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
User avatar
lakersyunowin

 
Posts: 10415
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:19 pm

Re: John Ireland & Max Kellerman beef on air re: Interview w/MDA

Postby KBJelleyBean24 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:26 pm

I actually like Max and Marcellus, they're pretty funny. Marcellus gets on my nerves sometimes as does Max, but for the most part they're pretty entertaining and have good points most of the time. Mason and Ireland are meh, they're funny sometimes but I find their homerism off-putting. Ireland is usually right but in this case i think he got mad because Max was making fun of them for giving D'Antoni an easy interview, he said "Mason and Ireland lost a softball game to D'Antoni" basically that they were tossing softballs question to Mike.
I should get an assist for that. It's an intentional pass to oneself, so it's an assist. That way people can't say all I do is shoot.
-Kobe on passing the ball to himself off the backboard.
User avatar
KBJelleyBean24

 
Posts: 786
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 3:12 pm
Location: Oxnard, CA

Re: John Ireland & Max Kellerman beef on air re: Interview w/MDA

Postby 432J on Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:00 pm

scissors wrote:Who is better at the games? Ireland or Spero?

i miss listening to spero on the radio, ireland isn't terrible but spero had the perfect radio voice
Image
User avatar
432J

 
Posts: 4784
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:54 pm
Location: Sherbrooke, Quebec

Re: John Ireland & Max Kellerman beef on air re: Interview w/MDA

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:44 pm

lakersyunowin wrote:
NeeJee wrote:Oh jeez...Billy Mac is horrid. "Cash money!", "fresh snow!"

Absurd...

billy mac is awkward but i like it lol.


Honestly Billy Mac is embarrassing. He just shows way too much enthusiasm over every play. I used to think Joel was bad, but Billy Mac is like a child with his commentary.

The problem is our play by play guys come and go and have to submit to Stu every time, it creates a boring dynamic.
User avatar
JoelMyersScrotalSack

 
Posts: 6778
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:10 am

Re: John Ireland & Max Kellerman beef on air re: Interview w/MDA

Postby Chillbongo on Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:15 pm

NeeJee wrote:Jay from Compton just said that Kobe doesn't care about anybody but himself, and he's saying these things to about Dwight to pressure him to playing because it gives him the best opportunity to win his 6th ring. Basically his premise is that Kobe is selfish, and is trying to embarrass Dwight into playing so they'll have a better chance at winning HIS 6th ring to match MJ.

...absurd

:man4: :man3: :mad1:

That's what happens when uneducated dumb**** are allowed on the radio. Seriously ESPN, get this dude out.

Talks from emotion only. His emotional hate for Kobe.
User avatar
Chillbongo

 
Posts: 3241
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:25 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: John Ireland & Max Kellerman beef on air re: Interview w/MDA

Postby scissors on Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:20 pm

NeeJee wrote:Jay from Compton just said that Kobe doesn't care about anybody but himself, and he's saying these things to about Dwight to pressure him to playing because it gives him the best opportunity to win his 6th ring. Basically his premise is that Kobe is selfish, and is trying to embarrass Dwight into playing so they'll have a better chance at winning HIS 6th ring to match MJ.

...absurd


Do these idiots think that if Lakers win the championship then Kobe is the only one getting a ring?
User avatar
scissors

 
Posts: 4522
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:53 pm

Re: John Ireland & Max Kellerman beef on air re: Interview w/MDA

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:04 am

Kellerman's knowledge of basketball far exceeds that of Ireland. As a matter of fact, Ireland really knows very little. He is a layman when it comes to the game. He just doesn't know much. Kellerman gets it to a deeper extent and makes much more valid points in general.
User avatar
Lets Go Lakers

 
Posts: 2899
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:25 pm

Re: John Ireland & Max Kellerman beef on air re: Interview w/MDA

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:08 am

NeeJee wrote:Jay from Compton just said that Kobe doesn't care about anybody but himself, and he's saying these things to about Dwight to pressure him to playing because it gives him the best opportunity to win his 6th ring. Basically his premise is that Kobe is selfish, and is trying to embarrass Dwight into playing so they'll have a better chance at winning HIS 6th ring to match MJ.

...absurd


What is so absurd about that? Do you question the notion that Kobe wants a 6th ring? And he would walk over anyone to do it?
User avatar
Lets Go Lakers

 
Posts: 2899
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:25 pm

Re: John Ireland & Max Kellerman beef on air re: Interview w/MDA

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:11 am

therealdeal wrote:Kellerman and Wiley are idiots. Their show is garbage. The only thing that sucks is that their in the same time slot as that dude with the horrid voice and their show is somehow worse.

Whatever Ireland said he's right. I don't care what it was.


Kellerman is a coward and an idiot. He was quickly on the Clippers bandwagon as soon as they got Paul. Then the Lakers got Howard/Nash and he was quickly on our bandwagon again. Now they milk the "Marcellus is a Clipper homer" all day long and all they do is find ways to bash LA. Not that we don't deserve it, but there's very little critical thought on that show and even less important information. Mason and Ireland know what they're doing and are professionals. Kellerman and Wiley are clowns.


Boy do i disagree 100%. I think it's the opposite.
User avatar
Lets Go Lakers

 
Posts: 2899
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:25 pm

Re: John Ireland & Max Kellerman beef on air re: Interview w/MDA

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:15 am

NeeJee wrote:These clowns are tearing Kobe APART right now. Lyons and Jay from Compton are turning Kobe into an evil dictator because of his comments towards Dwight. It's ridiculous. They're talking like Kobe's statements have absolutely no substance. We DON'T have time for Dwight's shoulder to fully heal. We DO need urgency. The Lakers ARE about championships. These guys are too much.


LOL. Those guys were 100% right. Kobe has no idea about Dwight's injury. He should've never made this comment publicly. He knows Dwight helps him get a ring so he's kind of forcing Dwight to play so he can have a shot at #6. All makes sense.
User avatar
Lets Go Lakers

 
Posts: 2899
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:25 pm

Re: John Ireland & Max Kellerman beef on air re: Interview w/MDA

Postby revgen on Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:24 am

^Actually Kobe does know quite a bit about D12's injury. The whole team knows that D12 has already been cleared by the Lakers' medical staff to play. Meaning that he cannot possibly injure his shoulder further by playing with it. Hence why not only did Kobe speak up about D12. Nash spoke up too. Will it be painful? Sure, but that's why he's being paid $20 million. Kobe has also played with a torn labrum before, and knows exactly what kind of pain D12 is going through. Kobe's not asking Dwight to do something he wouldn't do himself. Yet these facts don't prevent clowns like M&M from spouting lies and half-truths to improve the ratings for their show.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru
 
Posts: 21722
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:53 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: John Ireland & Max Kellerman beef on air re: Interview w/MDA

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:27 am

revgen wrote:^Actually Kobe does know quite a bit about D12's injury. The whole team knows that D12 has already been cleared by the Lakers' medical staff to play. Meaning that he cannot possibly injure his shoulder further by playing with it. Will it be painful? Sure, but that's why he's being paid $20 million. Kobe has also played with a torn labrum before, and knows exactly what kind of pain D12 is going through. But the facts don't prevent clowns like M&M from spouting lies and half-truths to improve the ratings for their show.


There are severities to any injury. Maybe Kobe's injury was less severe while Dwight's is more. Or maybe Kobe just has a higher pain tolerance (well, for sure). But the point is, Kobe isn't in Dwight's body and doesn't know what Dwight is feeling. Dwight also has back pain. Kobe simply doesn't know how all this is affecting Dwight.
User avatar
Lets Go Lakers

 
Posts: 2899
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:25 pm

Re: John Ireland & Max Kellerman beef on air re: Interview w/MDA

Postby revgen on Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:31 am

Lets Go Lakers wrote:
revgen wrote:^Actually Kobe does know quite a bit about D12's injury. The whole team knows that D12 has already been cleared by the Lakers' medical staff to play. Meaning that he cannot possibly injure his shoulder further by playing with it. Will it be painful? Sure, but that's why he's being paid $20 million. Kobe has also played with a torn labrum before, and knows exactly what kind of pain D12 is going through. But the facts don't prevent clowns like M&M from spouting lies and half-truths to improve the ratings for their show.


There are severities to any injury. Maybe Kobe's injury was less severe while Dwight's is more. Or maybe Kobe just has a higher pain tolerance (well, for sure). But the point is, Kobe isn't in Dwight's body and doesn't know what Dwight is feeling. Dwight also has back pain. Kobe simply doesn't know how all this is affecting Dwight.


If the injury was "severe" as you call it, then the Lakers medical staff wouldn't have cleared him to play.

Dwight cannot make the injury worse by playing on it.

He simply needs to manage the pain. That's why he's being paid $20 million to do. Play through the pain and help his team. Is it tough to do? Sure, but that's why he's being paid a superstar salary.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru
 
Posts: 21722
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:53 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: John Ireland & Max Kellerman beef on air re: Interview w/MDA

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:40 am

revgen wrote:
Lets Go Lakers wrote:
revgen wrote:^Actually Kobe does know quite a bit about D12's injury. The whole team knows that D12 has already been cleared by the Lakers' medical staff to play. Meaning that he cannot possibly injure his shoulder further by playing with it. Will it be painful? Sure, but that's why he's being paid $20 million. Kobe has also played with a torn labrum before, and knows exactly what kind of pain D12 is going through. But the facts don't prevent clowns like M&M from spouting lies and half-truths to improve the ratings for their show.


There are severities to any injury. Maybe Kobe's injury was less severe while Dwight's is more. Or maybe Kobe just has a higher pain tolerance (well, for sure). But the point is, Kobe isn't in Dwight's body and doesn't know what Dwight is feeling. Dwight also has back pain. Kobe simply doesn't know how all this is affecting Dwight.


If the injury was "severe" as you call it, then the Lakers medical staff wouldn't have cleared him to play.

Dwight cannot make the injury worse by playing on it.

He simply needs to manage the pain. That's why he's being paid $20 million to do. Play through the pain and help his team. Is it tough to do? Sure, but that's why he's being paid a superstar salary.


He's not paid $20 million to play through pain. He's paid $20 million because of his once in a million athletic talents. And he is probably at 75% right now because of his back but you add in his shoulder and you just don't know how the combination is affecting him. If Dwight had a history of being lazy and missing games due to questionable injuries, that's one thing. But he's never had that.
User avatar
Lets Go Lakers

 
Posts: 2899
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:25 pm

Re: John Ireland & Max Kellerman beef on air re: Interview w/MDA

Postby revgen on Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:54 am

Lets Go Lakers wrote:
revgen wrote:
Lets Go Lakers wrote:
revgen wrote:^Actually Kobe does know quite a bit about D12's injury. The whole team knows that D12 has already been cleared by the Lakers' medical staff to play. Meaning that he cannot possibly injure his shoulder further by playing with it. Will it be painful? Sure, but that's why he's being paid $20 million. Kobe has also played with a torn labrum before, and knows exactly what kind of pain D12 is going through. But the facts don't prevent clowns like M&M from spouting lies and half-truths to improve the ratings for their show.


There are severities to any injury. Maybe Kobe's injury was less severe while Dwight's is more. Or maybe Kobe just has a higher pain tolerance (well, for sure). But the point is, Kobe isn't in Dwight's body and doesn't know what Dwight is feeling. Dwight also has back pain. Kobe simply doesn't know how all this is affecting Dwight.


If the injury was "severe" as you call it, then the Lakers medical staff wouldn't have cleared him to play.

Dwight cannot make the injury worse by playing on it.

He simply needs to manage the pain. That's why he's being paid $20 million to do. Play through the pain and help his team. Is it tough to do? Sure, but that's why he's being paid a superstar salary.


He's not paid $20 million to play through pain. He's paid $20 million because of his once in a million athletic talents. And he is probably at 75% right now because of his back but you add in his shoulder and you just don't know how the combination is affecting him. If Dwight had a history of being lazy and missing games due to questionable injuries, that's one thing. But he's never had that.


1) Yes he is paid to play through pain. If the team's doctors have cleared you to play, the owners who pay you expect you to be on the court and perform to the best of your abilities. Whether that's 100%, 75%, or whatever percent.

2) What could be more "questionable" than being cleared to play by the medical staff and yet not wanting to play?
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru
 
Posts: 21722
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:53 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: John Ireland & Max Kellerman beef on air re: Interview w/MDA

Postby Chillbongo on Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:13 pm

Mason & Ireland on.

Talking about Dwight's attitude. Talking about him sitting it out, leaving LA. etc.

Ramona Shelbourne & Jay from Compton on air. Jay "laying down the law" as usual......
User avatar
Chillbongo

 
Posts: 3241
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:25 pm
Location: Los Angeles

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 11 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.