John Ireland & Max Kellerman beef on air re: Interview w/MDA

Re: John Ireland & Max Kellerman beef on air re: Interview w/MDA

Postby lakersyunowin on Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:33 pm

Chillbongo wrote:Ramona Shelbourne & Jay from Compton on air. Jay "laying down the law" as usual......

anytime i hear his voice i turn it off, doesn't even matter if someone i like listening to is co-hosting
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Pig Miller on Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:28 pm

Since this thread is an analysis of espn 710personalities, i wanted to jump in

1) ireland just cares about collecting paychecks from as many sources as possible, so that's why he doesn't say anything to push the buttons. not much of his radio work, but it's tolerable. his flow just seems forced.

2) mason has no clue on what he's talking about. 75% of the posters here are 10x more knowledgeable than him.

3) ramona is average but at least she has an in with the team it seems

4) marcellus - just there for the entertainment factor

5) max - has some interesting hypotheses. he's also humurous. i also love that he cuts people off if they make no sense. mason and ireland just let everyone ramble on.

6) willard - nothing worse than those terrible updates he does on cowherd's show

7) ben lyons - he's okay, nothing great, nothing too terrible

8) kamentzky bros. - what happened to them?
Pig Miller

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:44 pm

^agree with all
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby lakersyunowin on Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:00 pm

Pig Miller wrote:Since this thread is an analysis of espn 710personalities, i wanted to jump in

1) ireland just cares about collecting paychecks from as many sources as possible, so that's why he doesn't say anything to push the buttons. not much of his radio work, but it's tolerable. his flow just seems forced.

2) mason has no clue on what he's talking about. 75% of the posters here are 10x more knowledgeable than him.

3) ramona is average but at least she has an in with the team it seems

4) marcellus - just there for the entertainment factor

5) max - has some interesting hypotheses. he's also humurous. i also love that he cuts people off if they make no sense. mason and ireland just let everyone ramble on.

6) willard - nothing worse than those terrible updates he does on cowherd's show

7) ben lyons - he's okay, nothing great, nothing too terrible

8) kamentzky bros. - what happened to them?

rumor is they were fired by espn, not sure if they left on their own or not. too bad, i loved reading their rapid reactions. it's not the same anymore.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby JfromCompton on Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:02 pm

Deezayum! Yall goin in on me for real! LOL! As you were... :jam2:
JfromCompton

Postby JfromCompton on Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:12 pm

lakersyunowin wrote:
Chillbongo wrote:Ramona Shelbourne & Jay from Compton on air. Jay "laying down the law" as usual......

anytime i hear his voice i turn it off, doesn't even matter if someone i like listening to is co-hosting

Thats harsh my dude!
JfromCompton

Postby JfromCompton on Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:15 pm

lakersyunowin wrote:
NeeJee wrote:Jay from Compton just said that Kobe doesn't care about anybody but himself, and he's saying these things to about Dwight to pressure him to playing because it gives him the best opportunity to win his 6th ring. Basically his premise is that Kobe is selfish, and is trying to embarrass Dwight into playing so they'll have a better chance at winning HIS 6th ring to match MJ.

...absurd

i seriously can't stand this guy. how this BUM got a gig on the radio...no idea. he has such a grating, antagonistic, arrogant attitude. and he is SO negative

I am a bit cocky...but you dont have to get personal. Carry on! :jam2:
JfromCompton

Postby JfromCompton on Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:18 pm

NeeJee wrote:Mason is calling this douche bag out.

Wow...alrighty then. You should call in and get at me on air! Embarrass the hell outta me! But then again you probably know happens to people who get on the air trying to prove me wrong...dont you? At ease soldier...LOL! :jam2:
JfromCompton

Postby purp n gold on Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:02 am

kenshi1023 wrote:ireland is a tool. his play-by-play is pathetic, he is too stiff, tries too hard because he knows he doesn't have the voice for it... so his best lines are mostly recycled / rehashed chick-isms. he was better as a sideline reporter, but trudell is better at that now. to go from chick to dedes then this "mouthpiece" is like going from a 62 vette to a c6 then ending up with a pos pontiac aztek.

Thank you. Ireland has always sucked, we've only gotten used to him. That's the only difference.

Mason is OK. He tends to have reasonable takes, but he can be boring.

And to anyone who claims Kellerman is a Kobe-basher or Laker-hater clearly doesn't listen to the show. He is very pro-Lakers. He never forgave the league for stealing CP3 from us, and often accuses the league for making rules to neutralize the Lakers. He admits he "was" a Knicks fan, but admits to NYK's futility if anything. At worst, I think Max tends to geek out/over-analyze at times, but hell, it's his job.

Marcellus on the other hand is just picking up a check.
There are two teams that play in the Staples Center:
the LA Lakers and NBA Clippers.
purp n gold

Postby purp n gold on Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:14 am

finally listened to it and yes, they were beefing. LOL
There are two teams that play in the Staples Center:
the LA Lakers and NBA Clippers.
purp n gold

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:22 am

JfromCompton wrote:
NeeJee wrote:Mason is calling this douche bag out.

Wow...alrighty then. You should call in and get at me on air! Embarrass the hell outta me! But then again you probably know happens to people who get on the air trying to prove me wrong...dont you? At ease soldier...LOL! :jam2:

I'll take a stab in the dark....you hang up on them and change the subject?
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby therealdeal on Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:51 am

Alright JFromCompton then defend yourself. Welcome to CL, here we come hard with our opinions.

You think Kobe's so selfish he wants to embarrass Dwight into playing. We disagree(d).

Back it up.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:58 am

Ohh this gonna get good.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:08 am

Um what's with the military jargon :man3:
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby TIME on Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:14 am

purp n gold wrote:
kenshi1023 wrote:ireland is a tool. his play-by-play is pathetic, he is too stiff, tries too hard because he knows he doesn't have the voice for it... so his best lines are mostly recycled / rehashed chick-isms. he was better as a sideline reporter, but trudell is better at that now. to go from chick to dedes then this "mouthpiece" is like going from a 62 vette to a c6 then ending up with a pos pontiac aztek.

Thank you. Ireland has always sucked, we've only gotten used to him. That's the only difference.

Could not disagree more. No one will ever come close to Chick for me, but Ireland is the best Lakers play by play I've heard since Chick passed. Spero was smooth but put me to sleep. Ireland makes the game sound interesting.
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:31 am

^ Agreed. Just because Ireland is a nerd, doesn't make him awful. He's good at his job, he takes a ton of pride in it, and I enjoy listening to him and Thompson.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby dmaul on Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:35 am

^ I liked Spero, very exciting play by play. I was disappointed when he left this gig. But I like Ireland too. He really gets into it. Ireland is a real homer and fan. I get it that for national broadcasts you don't want guys that are biased or rooting one way or the other since the whole country is hearing you. But for a local broadcaster (where only L.A. people are hearing him) I don't mind that he gets into the action as if he were a crazy Laker fan. I wish I had sound of the fourth quarter of game 7 against the Nuggets last year. There was one sequence where he was just bouncing off the wall. It was pure excitement and energy. The way he was calling it he was about to have a heart attack or his head was about to explode. I was on the edge of my seat. That was the most amazing minute of play by play I've ever heard in my life, even better than any sequence from Chick Hearn!
dmaul

Postby Lakerjones on Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:36 am

^^ I think Ireland has done a good job as play by play guy. I never expected him to be a great fit there so he has really surpassed my expectations. My favorite post Chick radio team was Joel and Mychal. I thought they had a great rapport. I wish that Joel would have stayed on the radio and that they would have hired Spero for the TV job. Spero and Stu would have been an excellent duo for TV IMO.

I didn't like Sunderland, I am no fan of Billy Mac, and I think Ireland has been good. Spero and Joel were my two favorite guys although I wish they had been switched in terms of radio/TV jobs.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby dmaul on Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:42 am

^ Haha, that's funny. I actually liked Sunderland. His was the first Laker voice after Chick Hearn and I think they canned him after one year. Too bad for me. But I'm no fan of Billy Mac either. And I don't care too much for Mychal Thompson. Don't know why they need two teams (one for radio, one for TV). If I had a say it would have been Spero and Stu for both tv/radio. Since Spero left, Joel and Stu would be good too.
dmaul

Postby pound4pound1 on Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:49 am

ya'll got Jay from Compton posting LOL!!!
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby Lakerjones on Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:53 am

puffyusaf#2 wrote:Um what's with the military jargon :man3:

IIRC, think Jay from Compton has a military background - but not 100% sure.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby Chillbongo on Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:55 am

JfromCompton wrote:Deezayum! Yall goin in on me for real! LOL! As you were... :jam2:

Hey, be glad you don't get as much hate as Marcellus. You look like a basketball genius compared to that dude.

Remember the "blame pie"?

You said Kobe is responsible for the largest piece of the Laker struggle. After that he went on a tear....facilitating, racking up dimes etc. Then he started bailing us out of losses....is he still responsible for the struggle now days?
Chillbongo

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:58 am

Lakerjones wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:Um what's with the military jargon :man3:

IIRC, think Jay from Compton has a military background - but not 100% sure.

Weird. I know several posters on here with military backgrounds that do not go around say "At Ease" to people. That is funny ish right there.
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby gcclaker on Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:00 am

Lakerjones wrote:^^ I think Ireland has done a good job as play by play guy. I never expected him to be a great fit there so he has really surpassed my expectations. My favorite post Chick radio team was Joel and Mychal. I thought they had a great rapport. I wish that Joel would have stayed on the radio and that they would have hired Spero for the TV job. Spero and Stu would have been an excellent duo for TV IMO.

I didn't like Sunderland, I am no fan of Billy Mac, and I think Ireland has been good. Spero and Joel were my two favorite guys although I wish they had been switched in terms of radio/TV jobs.

During their FSN days...I never really heard much Dedes though I trust most of the posters who enjoyed him. MacDonald is too hokey for me and he was just fine being a pre-game host. Ireland I like as I did Meyers. Both are throwbacks stylewise. If you don't appreciate them I suggest checking out other announcing teams in The League. Mike Rice, Tommy Heinhsohn, Stacy King, Michael Smith...gracious sakes alive.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:02 am

I'll be in the minority here but I still don't get all the love for Spero. I loved CHicky. Use to hate Stu for along time. Now, I like Joel and Stu working together. I like Ireland too.
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion