John Ireland must go!!

John Ireland must go!!

Postby ceo4lal on Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:37 pm

I can't even listen to games any longer. I do not know how he obtained this coveted position but he is the worst play by play announcer I have ever heard. Can someone help me start a campaign to get rid of him? I'm interested in how many true Laker fans feel the same way?

Please reply good or bad.
ceo4lal

 
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:33 pm

Re: John Ireland must go!!

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:43 pm

What's your address? I can forward you 100k to get a billboard put up.

I just need your SSN and credit card info so that I can transfer the funds over.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 19428
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: John Ireland must go!!

Postby West's Formula 44 on Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:44 pm

:man9:
Winners never quit and quitters never win.

Vince Lombardi
User avatar
West's Formula 44

 
Posts: 422
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:06 pm

Re: John Ireland must go!!

Postby pound4pound1 on Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:57 pm

ceo4lal wrote:I can't even listen to games any longer. I do not know how he obtained this coveted position but he is the worst play by play announcer I have ever heard. Can someone help me start a campaign to get rid of him? I'm interested in how many true Laker fans feel the same way?

Please reply good or bad.



you created an account just to rant about John Ireland? of all the things wrong with the team, your biggest issue is a guy that does radio?
.
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
User avatar
pound4pound1

 
Posts: 6306
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:47 am
Location: 818 LAKER NATION

Re: John Ireland must go!!

Postby trodgers on Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:01 pm

I don't think he's the worst out there. I don't even dislike him, honestly.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
User avatar
trodgers
Site Manager
 
Posts: 46251
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:31 pm
Location: Orlando

Re: John Ireland must go!!

Postby Lakerjones on Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:15 pm

I'm not a fan of Ireland at all. But even I have to admit that I was pleasantly surprised by his play by play. Sure, I would rather have Joel Meyers on the radio, but Ireland has been ok, IMO. I just hate Ireland at everything else. The guy is on the Lakers' payroll and he has no credibility when talking about the Lakers as a radio "journalist." His opinions are uninformed and I think he is disingenuous about his inherent conflict of interest. He tries to sell or propagate the company line and it's hard to take when he's acting as a "non-biased journalist." If he's going to be on the payroll, cool, do the play by play, but drop the ESPN afternoon show. I can't stand that. The worst was when Mike Brown hadn't even been gone for 24 hours and Ireland was pushing Mike D' Antoni on the fans - "Can you imagine what he could do with this team?" Ugh.

Chick Hearn was honest and the fans loved him for it. Ireland comes across as a sort of smarmy, celebrity obsessed social climber guy. He's definitely annoying. I always liked Joel Meyers on the radio, but didn't dig him on TV. He has a better rapport with Mychal than Stu.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 15190
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:37 am

Re: John Ireland must go!!

Postby lotus on Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:01 pm

ceo4lal wrote:I can't even listen to games any longer. I do not know how he obtained this coveted position but he is the worst play by play announcer I have ever heard. Can someone help me start a campaign to get rid of him? I'm interested in how many true Laker fans feel the same way?

Please reply good or bad.

One day after St. Patrick's Day? Have a heart.
lotus

 
Posts: 1805
Joined: Sat May 13, 2006 8:15 am

Re: John Ireland must go!!

Postby Barnstable on Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:35 pm

Lakerjones wrote:I'm not a fan of Ireland at all. But even I have to admit that I was pleasantly surprised by his play by play. Sure, I would rather have Joel Meyers on the radio, but Ireland has been ok, IMO. I just hate Ireland at everything else. The guy is on the Lakers' payroll and he has no credibility when talking about the Lakers as a radio "journalist." His opinions are uninformed and I think he is disingenuous about his inherent conflict of interest. He tries to sell or propagate the company line and it's hard to take when he's acting as a "non-biased journalist." If he's going to be on the payroll, cool, do the play by play, but drop the ESPN afternoon show. I can't stand that. The worst was when Mike Brown hadn't even been gone for 24 hours and Ireland was pushing Mike D' Antoni on the fans - "Can you imagine what he could do with this team?" Ugh.

Chick Hearn was honest and the fans loved him for it. Ireland comes across as a sort of smarmy, celebrity obsessed social climber guy. He's definitely annoying. I always liked Joel Meyers on the radio, but didn't dig him on TV. He has a better rapport with Mychal than Stu.


I've never listened to him on the radio, but the thing I always liked about Ireland is he's a blatant Lakers homer. No objectivity. He's like a Lakers fan got a gig doing interviews and sideline reporting, and I do think his fandom is genuine.

Does that translate to being good at his job? Not necessarily, but I like to listen to him because he's so blatant with the homerism. It's what I want to say or think when I'm at my least objective :mhihi:
"league getting mitch-slapped"
User avatar
Barnstable
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 14186
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:01 pm
Location: Queens NY

Re: John Ireland must go!!

Postby John3:16 on Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:49 pm

We have MUCH bigger issues.
Image
User avatar
John3:16
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 31779
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2004 12:23 am
Location: Anywhere but LD after a loss.

Re: John Ireland must go!!

Postby therealdeal on Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:17 pm

Barnstable wrote:
Lakerjones wrote:I'm not a fan of Ireland at all. But even I have to admit that I was pleasantly surprised by his play by play. Sure, I would rather have Joel Meyers on the radio, but Ireland has been ok, IMO. I just hate Ireland at everything else. The guy is on the Lakers' payroll and he has no credibility when talking about the Lakers as a radio "journalist." His opinions are uninformed and I think he is disingenuous about his inherent conflict of interest. He tries to sell or propagate the company line and it's hard to take when he's acting as a "non-biased journalist." If he's going to be on the payroll, cool, do the play by play, but drop the ESPN afternoon show. I can't stand that. The worst was when Mike Brown hadn't even been gone for 24 hours and Ireland was pushing Mike D' Antoni on the fans - "Can you imagine what he could do with this team?" Ugh.

Chick Hearn was honest and the fans loved him for it. Ireland comes across as a sort of smarmy, celebrity obsessed social climber guy. He's definitely annoying. I always liked Joel Meyers on the radio, but didn't dig him on TV. He has a better rapport with Mychal than Stu.


I've never listened to him on the radio, but the thing I always liked about Ireland is he's a blatant Lakers homer. No objectivity. He's like a Lakers fan got a gig doing interviews and sideline reporting, and I do think his fandom is genuine.

Does that translate to being good at his job? Not necessarily, but I like to listen to him because he's so blatant with the homerism. It's what I want to say or think when I'm at my least objective :mhihi:

This. :man9:

I don't try to differentiate Ireland from the Lakers. In fact sometimes it's fun to listen to him just to hear the company line on things. I just know not to trust his "opinions".

He's also good for some insider info that we don't know. It's like listening to CNN, MSNBC, or Fox News: you just have to be really careful to separate the bull**** from the facts.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 39944
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: John Ireland must go!!

Postby sister golden hair on Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:58 pm

He can always get into advertising and rent his forehead for billboard space.
sister golden hair

 
Posts: 722
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:51 pm

Re: John Ireland must go!!

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:00 pm

Well looks like no one is safe from the Lakers Fan Flames :man10:

Can we get rid of the towel boys too they take way to long to clean up drippy stuff from teh players.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
User avatar
puffyusaf#2

 
Posts: 30487
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: Chasing the dream to an Oscar

Re: John Ireland must go!!

Postby Battle Tested20 on Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:50 pm

:man10: LakerLand, where something is always wrong, could be better, happens.....

Part of the reason what drew me to this team when I was a little kid. We always have high expectations and I love that. But this just had me laughing and I don't really think Ireland is really do when it comes to his Lakers locker room interviews and play by play. Stick to the espnla radio John
Image
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
User avatar
Battle Tested20

 
Posts: 11549
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:39 pm
Location: San Diego, CA (SDSU)

Re: John Ireland must go!!

Postby NoHomeOH on Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:35 am

I actually like him, listening to him on the radio you can actually hear him get upset when the lakers do something bad. Also, him and Mychal Thompson have great chemistry
User avatar
NoHomeOH

 
Posts: 184
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:50 pm

Re: John Ireland must go!!

Postby KB24 on Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:37 am

Billy McD needs to go. He is unacceptable with his dumb fruity voice. He has made the Lakers hard to watch on TV. I miss Joel and that's a sign that he must really really suck.
Image

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
User avatar
KB24
Site Admin
 
Posts: 55544
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:56 pm
Location: In Heaven

Re: John Ireland must go!!

Postby trodgers on Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:11 am

KB24 wrote:Billy McD needs to go. He is unacceptable with his dumb fruity voice. He has made the Lakers hard to watch on TV. I miss Joel and that's a sign that he must really really suck.

:man10: Wow! Didn't expect to read that.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
User avatar
trodgers
Site Manager
 
Posts: 46251
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:31 pm
Location: Orlando

Re: John Ireland must go!!

Postby wcsoldier81 on Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:26 am

Ireland brings the meaning of "company man" to a whole another level ...

As for Billy Wack , he's perfect for our current team ... he gets excited by any random play made by a lottery team ... as he was a Cavs or Bucks play by play guy ..
wcsoldier81

 
Posts: 6418
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:20 am

Re: John Ireland must go!!

Postby Rooscooter on Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:11 am

So…. front office in disarray….. roster is crap and what isn't is injured….. no trade assets….. little in the way of ways to improve quickly…… Ronald McDonald as a coach….. AND YOU WANT TO PICK ON BILL JOHN IRELAND!?

Who's next?…. the guy in the Luxury Suite Bathroom who squirts the hand sanitizer?……
"If the past sits in judgment on the present, the future will be lost." Winston Churchill

“The prospect of domination of the nation's scholars by Federal employment, project allocations, and the power of money is ever present - and is gravely to be regarded." Dwight Eisenhower

"Socialism in general has a record of failure so blatant that only an intellectual could ignore or evade it" Thomas Sowell
User avatar
Rooscooter

 
Posts: 22554
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:25 pm
Location: Chandler AZ and Andalué

Re: John Ireland must go!!

Postby karacha on Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:52 am

I think those ball boys are not doing a good job. See if we can get some second round picks for them.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
User avatar
karacha
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 37443
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:20 pm

Re: John Ireland must go!!

Postby lakerfan2 on Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:33 am

Just be thankful we don't have the Clippers commentators.

Blech.
#OURHOUSE
User avatar
lakerfan2

 
Posts: 9749
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:23 pm

Re: John Ireland must go!!

Postby LooN3y on Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:26 pm

IF U DONT LIKE THAT, U DONT LIKE NBA BASKETBALL!!
LooN3y

 
Posts: 821
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:33 pm

Re: John Ireland must go!!

Postby KB24 on Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:27 pm

lakerfan2 wrote:Just be thankful we don't have the Clippers commentators.


binnnnngoooooo
Image

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
User avatar
KB24
Site Admin
 
Posts: 55544
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:56 pm
Location: In Heaven

Re: John Ireland must go!!

Postby Rooscooter on Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:38 pm

^^I'd take the Clips over Portland's crew. That old clown needs a knuckle sandwich…. or two….
"If the past sits in judgment on the present, the future will be lost." Winston Churchill

“The prospect of domination of the nation's scholars by Federal employment, project allocations, and the power of money is ever present - and is gravely to be regarded." Dwight Eisenhower

"Socialism in general has a record of failure so blatant that only an intellectual could ignore or evade it" Thomas Sowell
User avatar
Rooscooter

 
Posts: 22554
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:25 pm
Location: Chandler AZ and Andalué

Re: John Ireland must go!!

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:44 pm

KB24 wrote:
lakerfan2 wrote:Just be thankful we don't have the Clippers commentators.


binnnnngoooooo

or the C's or the Knicks, or Portlands either.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
User avatar
puffyusaf#2

 
Posts: 30487
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: Chasing the dream to an Oscar

Re: John Ireland must go!!

Postby Battle Tested20 on Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:50 pm

lakerfan2 wrote:Just be thankful we don't have the Clippers commentators.

Blech.

"O me o My" your being mean
Image
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
User avatar
Battle Tested20

 
Posts: 11549
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:39 pm
Location: San Diego, CA (SDSU)

Next

Return to Lakers Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: John3:16, LakersN4, tigerjeterkobe and 20 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.