Jordan Farmar Discussion:Signs with Clippers (31)

Re: Jordan Farmar Discussion: Future Lakers' GM (14)

Postby lukewaltonsdad on Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:47 am

Dave McMenamin ‏@mcten 1m
D'Antoni says Farmar will not play against Philly. LAL will have 9 healthy bodies going into the game with the addition of Nash, Williams
lukewaltonsdad

Postby lotus on Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:49 am

Jordan is drifting into Luke Walton territory.
lotus

Postby lukewaltonsdad on Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:51 am

^It may seem like that but hamstring injuries are tricky; he came back too soon from the last one and then blew it out again; this is going to be an ongoing issue all year for him...he won't be fully healthy until next season.
lukewaltonsdad

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:21 am

Someone needs to work on their conditioning and endurance this offseason.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby lukewaltonsdad on Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:52 am

Dave McMenamin ‏@mcten 6m
D'Antoni said one reason Farmar played so many mins vs CLE was that when he went to sub in Wes Johnson at one point, he was in the bathroom
lukewaltonsdad

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:14 am

OK Nash was murdered for having to take games off so now Jordy is doing the same. What the hell is up with our boys.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Weezy on Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:48 am

And here I thought we might have 10 players for a game with Hill probably back and Williams signed, stupid me. Now Farmar is sitting and Blake is a game time decision, just wow.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby karacha on Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:23 pm

10 players? :man3:

Be happy if we have 8 to work with for the rest of the season.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:40 pm

Nash, Blake, Farmar, Marshall, Wes, Williams, Kelly, Hill, Sacre, Kaman. That's 10, that's what we were supposed to have tonight. It's not a great 10, but it's 10 bodies :man10: . But no, Farmar is sitting, Blake is a game time decision, of course.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:16 pm

I think Kaman should start at PG
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby karacha on Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:44 pm

Weezy wrote:Nash, Blake, Farmar, Marshall, Wes, Williams, Kelly, Hill, Sacre, Kaman. That's 10, that's what we were supposed to have tonight. It's not a great 10, but it's 10 bodies :man10: . But no, Farmar is sitting, Blake is a game time decision, of course.

...and Nash plays every other game... so, that's really 7 1/2 players we have, if no one else gets injured.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:46 pm

Well, supposedly Nash isn't going to play back to backs. He will play multiple games in a row, just not when they are 2 games in a row, that's why he sat Wednesday. I think that's smart if you want to preserve his career, but not smart if we want to force him into medical retirement. :man1:
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby lukewaltonsdad on Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:47 pm

The word I head from I think Medina was 'precautionary' as to the reason Farmar is sitting out...I don't think they want to run him into the ground like they did the first time he came back and blew out his hammy once again.
lukewaltonsdad

Postby therealdeal on Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:51 pm

lukewaltonsdad wrote:The word I head from I think Medina was 'precautionary' as to the reason Farmar is sitting out...I don't think they want to run him into the ground like they did the first time he came back and blew out his hammy once again.

Yeah no point in overplaying players that we plan on keeping around. We don't want them hurting themselves any more.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:00 pm

So precautionary has expanded until after the all star break

@LakersReporter: Don't expect Farmar, Meeks or Henry back before All-Star break next weekend (two more games after today). Gasol/Kobe also out, of course.

*sigh*
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby trodgers on Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:03 pm

D'Antoni...what a numbskull. Why the F would you run Jordy into the ground...repeatedly?
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Weezy on Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:13 pm

I had previously said that he had to because we had 6 players, but now I'm not so sure it was worth it. We didn't need to win that game as much as we needed to be cautious with Farmar. Still, I'm not gonna put too much blame on 'Antoni for that one, there wasn't much else he could do it was a crazy game.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby karacha on Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:51 pm

I agree with Weezy here. MDA tends to play some guys too much, but with Farmar he didn't have too much choice. Besides, Farmar was eager to play and looked good. I'm not sure what LA medical staff is doing, though.

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby TIME on Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:39 pm

trodgers wrote:D'Antoni...what a numbskull.

I just thought this part was worth repeating.
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:21 am

doin work
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby LTLakerFan on Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:25 am

That's a little over the top don't you think for simply career high of 30, 8 of 10 from 3pt and 7 dimes…..don't be such a homer. :man12:
LTLakerFan

Postby Weezy on Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:40 am

Farmar has made huge improvements to his game since he was first a Laker, especially his shooting.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Re: Jordan Farmar Discussion: Career high 30 / 8-10 from 3

Postby trodgers on Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:09 pm

He's a really dynamic player. And he bleeds P&G. I'd go so far as to say that if you don't like him, I'm calling for your fan card.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby CarFlagChris on Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:46 pm

Kevin Ding's take:

There is belief within the organization that Farmar, 27, can legitimately play at this sort of consistently high level in D’Antoni’s system, and there’s no doubt that the fire Farmar brings to the court is something the Lakers also are lacking.

Don’t forget that Farmar, drafted by the Lakers in 2006, has been in Kobe’s camp for even longer than Gasol. Farmar’s consistent positivity during what has been a woefully disappointing season for him with a twice-torn hamstring has been shocking for those who remember him resisting and complaining under Phil Jackson.

“We have a young group, and he’s not one of the young ones anymore,” Gasol said about Farmar.

Farmar will also be a free agent, but his desire to be in his hometown Los Angeles is plain. The onus will be on him to stay healthy the rest of the season and show he’s not just someone the Lakers might be able to re-sign for cheap, but rather someone who could be a leader for this team in the future.

D’Antoni allowed he might soon start Farmar over faltering and defensively woeful Kendall Marshall but intends to keep Farmar’s minutes to fewer than 30 per game with the hamstring history.

“Whoever’s playing better finishes the game,” D’Antoni said about Marshall and Farmar.

That’s hardly the best-case scenario for a Lakers team that has been hurt by D’Antoni’s tendency to wait for guys to earn minutes as opposed to knowing what the team needs and being able to elicit it from the better players.

D’Antoni is, however, good at freeing role players to grow, and one of the goals for the rest of season will be to develop wild horses such as Bazemore and Brooks.

That’s the Bazemore who offered this eye-opening evaluation about Brooks after his big game: “He’s like a young Kobe, and he showed it. He made big shots down the stretch.”

Brooks, meanwhile, backed that up with his words: "Since my sophomore (NBA) year, I was in and out of the rotation, and it wasn’t ever because I was playing bad. It was just luck.”

OK, then. Those two might help, but they aren’t likely to be Lakers leaders real soon. Who is? Chris Kaman, the only current player besides Bryant, Gasol and Nash with more than six years in the league? Please. With the direction D’Antoni is heading with his rotation, we’ll probably never see Kaman on the court again.

Jodie Meeks and Young have brought laudable efforts and pride to the Lakers this season, but neither fits the mold to help drive a team. They also might not be back next season.

You can see why Bryant is so sensitive about his team losing leadership voices.
WE WANT PHIL!! WE WANT PHIL!! WE WANT PHIL!!
CarFlagChris

Postby Weezy on Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:33 pm

Here's the link to that article, and the end of it

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1977891-la-lakers-on-the-lookout-for-leadership-as-big-changes-loom

But one guy was berating Robert Sacre on Friday night for a mistake in just the way Bryant has done time after time with Gasol and many others. It was Farmar, who has been coaching Sacre hard since training camp, and he did later explain his point on the court more clearly.

And before heading home to his wife and two daughters, Farmar referred this way to Brooks, who started 47 games to Farmar’s five when they were 2011-12 New Jersey Nets teammates: “He’s a good kid. I want to see him do well.”

By both actions and words, Farmar is announcing his candidacy. And there sure are vacancies for future leadership of the Lakers.

As usual with Ding articles, I found it to be a good read. I do hope Farmar can stay healthy, because IMO that's the only thing that can hold him back from being an important part of this team going forward. His game has advanced enough for him to be signed here long term IMO, it's only his health that could make that not happen, or not a good idea.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion