Jordan Farmar Discussion:Signs with Clippers (31)

Jordan Farmar Discussion:Signs with Clippers (31)

Postby Doc Brown on Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:47 pm

Dave McMenamin ‏@mcten 52s
Former LAL guard J. Farmar and the Lakers have been in touch. Source characterized it as "mutual interest," but depends on other dominoes
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Re: Lakers and J. Farmar, Mutual Interest

Postby The Rock on Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:49 pm

Absolutely. Next year is a throw away year. Pump up his stats and sell high on him with his fools gold trade value under MDA's system.
Last edited by The Rock on Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby TSpence26 on Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:50 pm

Let's go Farmar!!!! I hope so. Get Morris out
TSpence26

Postby therealdeal on Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:51 pm

Dwight signs: trade away Blake to sign cheaper options...

I would like Farmar back. Hopefully he's grown a bit since he left, but he's fairly athletic, a decent passer... Not a great defender and not a great player but for the minimum a nice fit.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby kobe_008 on Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:52 pm

no to the Mouse who
kobe_008

Postby 432J on Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:52 pm

i'd love to see farmar back

he'd fit in well under dan tony's stupid system since he's pretty athletic

and while they're at it. bring back sasha, shannon, powell, and DJ. hell why not even bring morrison back for good luck
Last edited by 432J on Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
432J

Postby JSM on Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:54 pm

JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Barnstable on Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:54 pm

Ugghhhh..... I wish we would stop revisiting all these old Lakers and get some new blood in here. I was a big supporter of Farmar while he was here, but as I remember it, I wanted him gone by the end of his LA career. Do not want him back when scorers like Nate Robinson are still available probably on the cheap.
"league getting mitch-slapped"
Barnstable
CL Global Moderator

Postby TSpence26 on Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:55 pm

Farmar is only 26.... dude is a way better option then Blake, Morris...
TSpence26

Postby Lakerjones on Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:57 pm

therealdeal wrote:Dwight signs: trade away Blake to sign cheaper options...

I would like Farmar back. Hopefully he's grown a bit since he left, but he's fairly athletic, a decent passer... Not a great defender and not a great player but for the minimum a nice fit.

Again, I'm in total agreement. I'd take Farmar back for sure. Big upgrade to Morris and Duhon last year. Not sure I'd let go of Blake yet though considering how well he played last year. Just having a third guy who's younger and not injury prone, but is more seasoned than a guy like Morris, is a big improvement. Jordan can play for sure.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby LTLakerFan on Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:03 pm

JSM wrote:Image

Well why not in Dan's system. So many here want Blake gone (I don't) but who else does anyone have better ideas about for backing up Nash, splitting time, whatever, if they get their way and Blake is gone? How about some names.... honest question. That would be a nice rotation to have the 3 of them.
LTLakerFan

Postby Barnstable on Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:03 pm

TSpence26 wrote:Farmar is only 26.... dude is a way better option then Blake, Morris...

Not on the defensive side he's not.
Barnstable
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:06 pm

Farmar>>>>>>>>>>>>>Morris. Is he great? No, but he did really, really well in NJ, he's been playing overseas, he's older, probably more mature, might even be better overall by now. I would absolutely take him for the minimum, there aren't a lot of better PG's out there for the minimum. When he was here he showed he can run the fast break, he can get to the hoop and make layups, he's got speed, and he actually showed he can hit big shots and isn't afraid of big moments. For example, he was one of our better players at hitting buzzer beaters, even from deep. I don't remember his defense being that bad either, I remember a few times he gave Nash a really hard time, blocked his shot and stuff.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby JSM on Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:07 pm

LTLakerFan wrote: So many here want Blake gone (I don't) but who else does anyone have better ideas about for backing up Nash, splitting time, whatever, if they get their way and Blake is gone? How about some names.... honest question.

Aaron Brooks, Rodrigue Beaubois, Darren Collison, Will Bynum, Nate Robinson
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby TSpence26 on Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:08 pm

Barnstable wrote:
TSpence26 wrote:Farmar is only 26.... dude is a way better option then Blake, Morris...

Not on the defensive side he's not.

Hope you are kidding........
TSpence26

Postby Doc Brown on Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:08 pm

LTLakerFan wrote:
Well why not in Dan's system. So many here want Blake gone (I don't) but who else does anyone have better ideas about for backing up Nash, splitting time, whatever, if they get their way and Blake is gone? How about some names.... honest question. That would be a nice rotation to have the 3 of them.

Because it's not smart to have two old injury prone PG's on the same team. We need to get younger and Blake has shown when given a bigger role, he's going to get injured.

We need someone to be able to play 20-25 minutes a game and play all 82 games, Blake can't do that. We need a younger, change of pace PG that can get his own shot and start in a pinch.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby earvinfr on Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:09 pm

Looking back at this poor bench we had with Farmar, Sasha, Luke and what we have now. I'd love to have all 3 of them back here.
Offseason's finished for my long sleeping nights. NBA is back !!
earvinfr

Postby therealdeal on Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:10 pm

JSM wrote:
LTLakerFan wrote: So many here want Blake gone (I don't) but who else does anyone have better ideas about for backing up Nash, splitting time, whatever, if they get their way and Blake is gone? How about some names.... honest question.

I don't think Brooks and Beaubois are better at all... And I don't think I'd take the chance on Robinson. Bynum I think would be a better fit. Collison I'd love, but I don't think we'll come close to his price tag.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:10 pm

Weezy wrote:Farmar>>>>>>>>>>>>>Morris. Is he great? No, but he did really, really well in NJ, he's been playing overseas, he's older, probably more mature, might even be better overall by now. I would absolutely take him for the minimum, there aren't a lot of better PG's out there for the minimum. When he was here he showed he can run the fast break, he can get to the hoop and make layups, he's got speed, and he actually showed he can hit big shots and isn't afraid of big moments. For example, he was one of our better players at hitting buzzer beaters, even from deep. I don't remember his defense being that bad either, I remember a few times he gave Nash a really hard time, blocked his shot and stuff.

Agreed.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Barnstable on Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:12 pm

Weezy wrote:Farmar>>>>>>>>>>>>>Morris. Is he great? No, but he did really, really well in NJ, he's been playing overseas, he's older, probably more mature, might even be better overall by now. I would absolutely take him for the minimum, there aren't a lot of better PG's out there for the minimum. When he was here he showed he can run the fast break, he can get to the hoop and make layups, he's got speed, and he actually showed he can hit big shots and isn't afraid of big moments. For example, he was one of our better players at hitting buzzer beaters, even from deep. I don't remember his defense being that bad either, I remember a few times he gave Nash a really hard time, blocked his shot and stuff.

He's not a bad defensive player, but Blake is better.

My problem is his attitude. He always wanted a bigger role on the Lakers and he seemed to have an entitled attitude as if he deserved it. I can't stand when a player acts like they're better than they really are.
Barnstable
CL Global Moderator

Postby TSpence26 on Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:12 pm

I'd love to bring in Will Bynum

Maybe he can wear 17 too so I won't have to get rid of my Andrew Bynum jersey :man11:
TSpence26

Postby therealdeal on Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:15 pm

Barnstable wrote:

My problem is his attitude. He always wanted a bigger role on the Lakers and he seemed to have an entitled attitude as if he deserved it. I can't stand when a player acts like they're better than they really are.

True, but that was years ago. He's had to experience playing for something other than a Championship AND playing overseas. If he's not humbled now, I don't know when he'll ever be.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:15 pm

Barnstable wrote:

Blake WAS better, we don't know how Farmar is now, guess a workout or camp invite might help us find out. Also, again, he's older, maybe a bigger role isn't as important to him anymore as being in the league at all and being in LA (home).
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:17 pm

JSM wrote:

I don't think Brooks is better than Farmar, I don't think Beaubois is better than Farmar, I think Collison might be out of our price range but I would take him over Farmar, I don't think Will Bynum is better than Farmar, and I think for some reason we are never interested in Nate Robinson.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:18 pm

If he's interested in coming back to a team that he said he left because he didn't have a big enough role.....

Shouldn't that be an indication having a bigger role isn't necessarily a top priority anymore?
Doc Brown

Next

Return to NBA Discussion