Jordan Farmar Discussion:Signs with Clippers (31)

Re: Jordan Farmar Discussion: Future Lakers' GM (14)

Postby Nashty Gal on Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:14 pm

aw.. farmar has sprint tho.. weak haha
The Black Mamba and the White Swan
Kobe on talk with Pau about being more aggressive, "it's against his nature, he's always very nice, very white swan, I need him to be black swan"

http://www.thesexysaxman.com
Nashty Gal

Postby lakersyunowin on Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:19 pm

i'm on sprint :man6:
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Weezy on Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:21 pm

Ha ha that's why he only has 2 bars in the pic.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Frank Dux on Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:34 pm

But I thought guys didn't like playing with Kobe?
Frank Dux

Postby Battle Tested20 on Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:37 pm

Video Link of the Entire Press Conference below:

TWC SportsNet ‏@TWCSportsNet 1h

Jordan Farmar welcomed back as a member of #Lakers. Watch his entire press conference: http://ow.ly/n8U0J
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:48 pm

Must be nice.

Kobe Bryant in your contacts. No big deal.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby kb the assassin on Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:49 pm

Welcome back Jordan Farmar cant wait for the season to get started
kb the assassin

Postby therealdeal on Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:07 pm

Got home early and watched the video of his conference. He's a really bright young man. I'm really hopeful that he has a great season and I think he will. He still has that indomitable spirit that he always had, but now he's coming back with more experience and he's still very young at 26.

I think this is going to be a good year for him. Jordan, Young, and Wesley on the wing is a massive athletic upgrade from Blake, Meeks, and no body.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby charvin on Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:14 pm

:man10: First text message from Kobe.

Doc Brown wrote:Must be nice.

Kobe Bryant in your contacts. No big deal.
charvin

Re: Jordan Farmar Discussion: signing official (13)

Postby LTLakerFan on Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:17 pm

therealdeal wrote:I'm really hopeful for Jordan and I like this signing more and more. I'm hoping he comes through and has a really nice season for us.

His change of pace behind Steve should really be fun to watch. A lineup of Farmar, Young, Johnson, and Hill could really be exciting. Not a whole lot of good basketball, but certainly a whole lot of excitement. :man10:

Well how bout the fact he's said he can't wait to play with Nash and learn from him. With his athleticism and stronger frame if he just keeps improving we have solved our starting PG situation possibly going forward. Jordan knows this too. These guys are ALL playing for their next contracts and a number want to stay Lakers.
LTLakerFan

Postby therealdeal on Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:28 pm

LTLakerFan wrote:
therealdeal wrote:I'm really hopeful for Jordan and I like this signing more and more. I'm hoping he comes through and has a really nice season for us.

His change of pace behind Steve should really be fun to watch. A lineup of Farmar, Young, Johnson, and Hill could really be exciting. Not a whole lot of good basketball, but certainly a whole lot of excitement. :man10:

Well how bout the fact he's said he can't wait to play with Nash and learn from him. With his athleticism and stronger frame if he just keeps improving we have solved our starting PG situation possibly going forward. Jordan knows this too. These guys are ALL playing for their next contracts and a number want to stay Lakers.

Well that's one of the coolest things about this situation: Farmar said over and over how this is the only place he'd play for the minimum. I'm not sure how this summer breaks down, but if Jordan plays well and there's a chance to re-sign him for a reasonable salary, he'll be around.

It's just really great to have guys who want to be here and who are playing to be here. I really get that feeling from Jordan and from Nick Young. I get it from Wesley too, just not as much. Kaman I think wants to be here out of respect for the franchise, but seeing as how he's old already I'm not as excited. :man10:
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakersyunowin on Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:38 pm

therealdeal wrote:
LTLakerFan wrote:

Well that's one of the coolest things about this situation: Farmar said over and over how this is the only place he'd play for the minimum. I'm not sure how this summer breaks down, but if Jordan plays well and there's a chance to re-sign him for a reasonable salary, he'll be around.

It's just really great to have guys who want to be here and who are playing to be here. I really get that feeling from Jordan and from Nick Young. I get it from Wesley too, just not as much. Kaman I think wants to be here out of respect for the franchise, but seeing as how he's old already I'm not as excited. :man10:

really? i read it opposite for whatever reason. between young and wes johnson, wes was the one genuinely wanting to be a laker. honestly though, hopefully it's both :man10:
lakersyunowin

Postby therealdeal on Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:48 pm

I don't know they all took less money to come here. Maybe you're right. The only reason I'm not lumping Wesley in with the others is because for Young and Farmar it's coming home.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby chingy248 on Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:03 pm

Is Farmar are 2 or 3rd pg?
chingy248

Postby LooN3y on Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:05 pm

farmar > blake
LooN3y

Postby therealdeal on Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:08 pm

chingy248 wrote:Is Farmar are 2 or 3rd pg?

It's been discussed a lot, but I remember Farmar talking about multiple guard lineups. I'm guessing it looks like this:

Nash/Farmar
Bryant/Blake/Meeks

Of course if Kobe misses time, you replace him with Nick Young.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:11 pm

I'm getting ahead of myself, I know, but just saying, if we plan on going the Miami route, 2 stars added to Kobe at SF and PF maybe, we'll have to cut costs somewhere. Most likely that's gonna be PG and C, again like Miami. So IF Farmar has a really good year, he might be somebody we look at as a cheap solution at PG for the future. Hey, if Chalmers can do it, I don't doubt anyone. It's a big "if", I know, I'm just saying, he is IMO a smart player to take a chance on with the future in mind as he has shown he will play here for less money. There are many better starters and backups out there, from what we have see of Farmar when he was here, but we might not be able to afford any of them. Just one example, I like Kyle Lowry as a cheaper option, but he still might be out of our price range if we put all our money in 3 players.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby chrisaldah on Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:22 pm

chrisaldah

Postby LTLakerFan on Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:48 pm

therealdeal wrote:
LTLakerFan wrote:

"Old white guy" Fixed it for you. OK I'll stop.... just teasing now everyone....no harm no foul....no Laker Girls were harmed in this post. :jam2:

:man10: :sing: :beer:
LTLakerFan

Postby charvin on Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:07 pm

Weezy wrote:I'm getting ahead of myself, I know, but just saying, if we plan on going the Miami route, 2 stars added to Kobe at SF and PF maybe, we'll have to cut costs somewhere. Most likely that's gonna be PG and C, again like Miami. So IF Farmar has a really good year, he might be somebody we look at as a cheap solution at PG for the future. Hey, if Chalmers can do it, I don't doubt anyone. It's a big "if", I know, I'm just saying, he is IMO a smart player to take a chance on with the future in mind as he has shown he will play here for less money. There are many better starters and backups out there, from what we have see of Farmar when he was here, but we might not be able to afford any of them. Just one example, I like Kyle Lowry as a cheaper option, but he still might be out of our price range if we put all our money in 3 players.

It will be a testament to his loyalty. No doubt, he helped the Lakers out by taking the minimum, and with that in mind, I wouldn't discount him giving a hometown discount to play for something along the lines of 2-3 million/year if a superteam was being formed. IMO, that's a win-win because you get to play for a winning team, you get to play for the Lakers, and you made more than the vet minimum.

With a SG/SF/PF superteam, you also don't need an uber PG, just someone who's respectable and isn't afraid to and can hit the open 3, take care of the ball, bring it up, and push it if need be.
charvin

Postby lakersyunowin on Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:53 pm

chrisaldah wrote:

jordan was always good at delivering those quarter-ending buzzer beaters :man10:
lakersyunowin

Postby nthydro on Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:57 pm

therealdeal wrote:
chingy248 wrote:Is Farmar are 2 or 3rd pg?

It's been discussed a lot, but I remember Farmar talking about multiple guard lineups. I'm guessing it looks like this:

Nash/Farmar
Bryant/Blake/Meeks

Of course if Kobe misses time, you replace him with Nick Young.

I'd rather see Blake as backup SG than Meeks. I know some people will gag at the thought of Blake at SG, but I remember us playing pretty well with Nash and Blake as our guards. And I don't understand all this hate towards Blake when he just had a very solid season for us. Hell he probably outplayed Nash. I think he deserves to be on the team.
nthydro

Postby dak22 on Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:12 pm

Welcome back Ear Jordan! :bow: :jam2:
dak22

Postby BDG on Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:03 am

Wow, either I never realized or totally forgot that Farmar shot 46% FG, 44% 3PT, 90% 3PT in his last year with the Nets.

Really interested to see what he can contribute this year, especially if he's improved his game overseas.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby karacha on Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:39 am

Farmar has improved his offensive game significantly.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion