Jordan Farmar Discussion:Signs with Clippers (31)

Re: Jordan Farmar Discussion: Future Lakers' GM (14)

Postby lukewaltonsdad on Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:33 pm

Rusty...that will wear off. Glad to have him back & healthy, though; that's key...
lukewaltonsdad

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:27 pm

Mike Trudell ‏@LakersReporter 32m
1/2 - Jordan Farmar just missed 3 weeks w/a torn hamstring, and told me he had tightness in it last night and did not practice today.

Mike Trudell ‏@LakersReporter 30m
2/2 - Farmar is def. conscious of the hamstring and seemed a bit tentative last night. That said, he told me he plans to start tomorrow.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

Just lovely. Please don't blow out your hamstring.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Weezy on Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:07 pm

His minutes need to come down. Doesn't matter if we lose, doesn't matter if Marshall gets a lot more, we cannot wear out Farmar.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:23 pm

Screw it. Cut his minutes back and just let Marshall run around.

We're not going to win many games anyway, no reason to kill anybody anymore.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby trodgers on Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:04 pm

Over under on his minutes next game: 35
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby karacha on Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:13 pm

Gvie more minutes to Marshall. He needs to practice against NBA level competition anyway.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby revgen on Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:00 pm

@Lakers 1m

INJURY UPDATE: An ultrasound showed that @JrFarmar has a tear in his left hamstring, which is expected to keep him out a minimum of 4 weeks.

@Lakers 1m

Although the hamstring tear is in the same leg, this tear is in a different location than the tear that Farmar suffered on December 1.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:01 pm

Doc Brown wrote:Just lovely. Please don't blow out your hamstring.

And he went out and blew out his hamstring. :bang: :bang:

Eff these injuries man. This is ridiculous.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby therealdeal on Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:02 pm

:man10: :man10:
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby LTLakerFan on Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:06 pm

Who didn't see that coming. I missed the game last night. Thank god.

Hey I have an idea!! Let's formally "tank" so we have a shot at a lottery pick. What do you all think?

:man1: :man10: :bang:
LTLakerFan

Postby Lakerjones on Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:08 pm

revgen wrote:
@Lakers 1m

INJURY UPDATE: An ultrasound showed that @JrFarmar has a tear in his left hamstring, which is expected to keep him out a minimum of 4 weeks.

@Lakers 1m

Although the hamstring tear is in the same leg, this tear is in a different location than the tear that Farmar suffered on December 1.

:man4:

Minimum four weeks? Wow. We are done. Is there a mercy rule we can enact?

I'm telling you, I know there's no provable connection with D' Antoni on all these PG injuries . . . but I truly feel like he's bad juju for us. I don't think anything good will ever come with him at the helm. I think we need to start fresh next season. Don't know if the FO will swallow his last year but I want a new direction.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:20 pm

This is just... I mean wow. I thought last season was bad, we can't keep a PG on the floor. Kobe needs to take his time for next season, Nash needs to stop bothering and just retire, the Lakers are going nowhere this season.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby kenzo on Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:22 pm

This must be some kind of a joke :disagree: Unreal :freak2:
kenzo

Postby karacha on Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:23 pm

How is this even possible? Is that the same hamstring that was shown to be fully healed? :man3:

Well hey, at least we have Marshall. :jam2:
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby earvinfr on Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:26 pm

All those injuries might ease our work at resigning some players. I mean, if players like Farmer, X play at the same level all year long, they'll more expensive than if they produce the same numbers on a shorter period.
Offseason's finished for my long sleeping nights. NBA is back !!
earvinfr

Postby Barnstable on Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:42 pm

earvinfr wrote:All those injuries might ease our work at resigning some players. I mean, if players like Farmer, X play at the same level all year long, they'll more expensive than if they produce the same numbers on a shorter period.

I like your outlook kid. At least there's a bright side :jam2:
"league getting mitch-slapped"
Barnstable
CL Global Moderator

Postby KB24 on Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:44 pm

Unreal...

I have never seen this injury spree before in consecutive years. Age is certainly an issue with this team but it seems this season nobody is safe.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby Weezy on Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:48 pm

Maybe our medical staff isn't very good? I mean 2 or more years in a row of this, seemingly after the Lakers cleaned house during the lockout, there has to be something to this in my mind.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby kblo247 on Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:39 pm

Weezy wrote:Maybe our medical staff isn't very good? I mean 2 or more years in a row of this, seemingly after the Lakers cleaned house during the lockout, there has to be something to this in my mind.

Its Dantoni, when every player hat plays pg drops down like a bird that got shot down by the wing.

He admitted to the TWC media before Farmar returned he was told played him 5min spurts, that's 20mins a game, and he played him 30mpg anyhow. He said when Kobe came back he was told to play Kobe around 24mpg and ease him back, but Kobe played 30mpg for a stretch of 6 games in 9 nights. Nash went down, Blake went down, and X went down.

Go back last year, we finished with the 2ns best record in the whole league by over playing starters in the last 41 games. Pau went down, Metta went down, Nash went down, Dwight got hurt, Kobe tore an Achilles after going down 3 times in a game without a timeout taken and Vitti on camera livid saying take him out, Nash went back down, Blake went down, Meeks went down, and Metta went back down. Clark played with wraps and braces on his arms and legs, and Jamison finished the year playing with a wrist that needed surgery because we were essentially playing those 8 guys only

Dantoni did what he said about Lin in ny, he rode our guys like freaking secretariat.

He should be fired. And if you're not going to fire him, use your damn TWC money to steal all of Phoenix's medical staff because they are the only way his insane minute plans work.

It's not just LA, but in NY Melo, Lin, Billups, Tyson, and Amare all went down too with him at the wheel
kblo247

Postby kblo247 on Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:41 pm

Barnstable wrote:
earvinfr wrote:All those injuries might ease our work at resigning some players. I mean, if players like Farmer, X play at the same level all year long, they'll more expensive than if they produce the same numbers on a shorter period.

I like your outlook kid. At least there's a bright side :jam2:

Or guys can pull a Jamison and say [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] off, it's not good for our long term health or career for this dude to run us in the ground
kblo247

Postby CarFlagChris on Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:05 pm

kblo247 wrote:
Weezy wrote:Maybe our medical staff isn't very good? I mean 2 or more years in a row of this, seemingly after the Lakers cleaned house during the lockout, there has to be something to this in my mind.

Its Dantoni, when every player hat plays pg drops down like a bird that got shot down by the wing.

He admitted to the TWC media before Farmar returned he was told played him 5min spurts, that's 20mins a game, and he played him 30mpg anyhow. He said when Kobe came back he was told to play Kobe around 24mpg and ease him back, but Kobe played 30mpg for a stretch of 6 games in 9 nights. Nash went down, Blake went down, and X went down.

Go back last year, we finished with the 2ns best record in the whole league by over playing starters in the last 41 games. Pau went down, Metta went down, Nash went down, Dwight got hurt, Kobe tore an Achilles after going down 3 times in a game without a timeout taken and Vitti on camera livid saying take him out, Nash went back down, Blake went down, Meeks went down, and Metta went back down. Clark played with wraps and braces on his arms and legs, and Jamison finished the year playing with a wrist that needed surgery because we were essentially playing those 8 guys only

Dantoni did what he said about Lin in ny, he rode our guys like freaking secretariat.

He should be fired. And if you're not going to fire him, use your damn TWC money to steal all of Phoenix's medical staff because they are the only way his insane minute plans work.

It's not just LA, but in NY Melo, Lin, Billups, Tyson, and Amare all went down too with him at the wheel

Is this another fluke, or does Mike D'AnDummy not know how to manage the minutes of recently-injured players? I know he does not know how to manage Jordan Hill's minutes - as he refuses to play him, even though he is our only offensive rebounder.

Can we please fire No-D Antoni? Its not like it can get any worse.
Its time.
WE WANT PHIL!! WE WANT PHIL!! WE WANT PHIL!!
CarFlagChris

Postby therealdeal on Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:10 pm

:man10:

D'Antoni has become such a punching bag it's ridiculous. Nash worked under the guy forever and he was fine up until the last couple of seasons. What's the logic there? Blake had stupid injuries before D'Antoni got here. Henry attacks the basket every play and falls down almost every time. Is that D'Antoni's fault?

I'm not saying D'Antoni is good, or even blameless in these injuries, but pretending like he's single-handedly ruining this team and this franchise is ludicrous.

I can't wait for him to be gone this summer so we can hear excuses come from somewhere else.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby kblo247 on Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:13 pm

Phoenix's medical staff. Ny and la have all fallen apart with him coaching. If you're going to play the way Dantoni wants and with his stupid minutes, you buy the medical staff that fits his needs
kblo247

Postby denimPortugal on Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:39 pm

Unreal! i never saw nothing like this... :mad1: :mad1: :mad1:
denimPortugal

Postby Center Court on Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:39 pm

Embiiiiiiiiiiid!
Center Court

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion