Jordan Farmar Discussion:Signs with Clippers (31)

Re: Lakers Sign Jordan Farmar To Vet Min., Pending Buyout (p. 4)

Postby Center Court on Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:29 am

D.B. Cooper wrote:
Center Court wrote:
kblo247 wrote:Blake is a better amnesty victim than Metta.

Blake has missed chunks of games. He missed the start of the playoffs and end of year under Phil with chicken pox, then missed two months the next year, then missed basically half the year, finally played well, and got hurt in the playoffs.

Least they know Metta will suit up every night.

Blake and Hill for Ariza would be good too

Hill is way too important to this team. As of now, he's our starting SF.

I know MWP saves twice as much as Blake, but Metta is the only SF on the roster plus he can slide to the 4 at times.

Ideally, we could trade Blake and Meeks for Ariza (who expires this off-season) then we can amnesty Metta.

I'd like to see us target Tyrus Thomas as well. Young guy with energy and athletic. Never lived to his draft position, but IMO still can play a role on a team.

Hill is NOT our starting SF, he's a back up PF/C.

Also TT is one of the dumbest players in the league, no thx.

Woops. that's a typo... I meant starting PF. Dumb or not dumb, right now we have Pau/Kaman/Hill. We need bodies. TT is that.
Center Court

Postby Nashty Gal on Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:31 am

Wow.. I just fell in love with him
The Black Mamba and the White Swan
Kobe on talk with Pau about being more aggressive, "it's against his nature, he's always very nice, very white swan, I need him to be black swan"

http://www.thesexysaxman.com
Nashty Gal

Postby Center Court on Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:32 am

khmrP wrote:wth...did I just read HIll is our starting SF? :man4:

Nope. Just a typo on my part. I completely understand he is a PF/C.

But like I suggested, if we can swing a Blake/Meeks deal for Ariza, amnesty MWP, then sign minimum guys like Bell, Sasha, etc, then while I don't expect great success, it will be a team I can at least have sentimental interest in as we prepare for the summer of LeBron/Melo/Wiggins.
Center Court

Postby Ras Algethi on Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:33 am

Happy he's back. Yeah he does some bonehead things back when we had him but we need his speed and athleticism badly.
The most important image ever taken in 3D.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby Mr_Hollywood_Line on Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:45 am

Great move!

I didn't always like Farmar's decision making on the court (although that was then and this is now) but I always loved his competitiveness.

:jam2:
Mr_Hollywood_Line

Postby Kangaroo Grandkid on Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:06 am

Center Court wrote:
khmrP wrote:wth...did I just read HIll is our starting SF? :man4:

Nope. Just a typo on my part. I completely understand he is a PF/C.

But like I suggested, if we can swing a Blake/Meeks deal for Ariza, amnesty MWP, then sign minimum guys like Bell, Sasha, etc, then while I don't expect great success, it will be a team I can at least have sentimental interest in as we prepare for the summer of LeBron/Melo/Wiggins.

Is Washington looking to trade Ariza? It takes two to tango. Who says Washington wants Blake and Meeks?

I sure hope they do...
Kangaroo Grandkid

Postby KB24 on Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:14 am

Whats going on? an all white team? lol

We might have 4 white starters...which means we might not have any defense to begin with.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby therealdeal on Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:16 am

KB24 wrote:Whats going on? an all white team? lol

We might have 4 white starters...which means we might not have any defense to begin with.

Was there a chance we WOULD have defense? :man10:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby ShowtimeACB on Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:35 am

"I miss to be a Laker"

That´s all i need to hear, welcome back Jordan.
[img]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0as8tDg391rpeq3xo1_400.jpg/img]
ShowtimeACB

Postby vaylen on Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:36 am

He showed great heart in wanting to be a Laker... because he was stuck playing in Turkey. I'm not giving him mad props for THAT.
vaylen

Postby Weezy on Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:39 am

Jordan Farmar is white? I thought he was half African-American, half Jewish. Also, white players can't play defense? Blake is white, and I would call him one of our better defensive players. Jordan Farmar is no lock down defender though, I'll give you that.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby ShowtimeACB on Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:42 am

KB24 wrote:Whats going on? an all white team? lol

Well, we have no defense because we don´t have gud defensive players.

Celtics didn´t do that bad during the 80´s.
[img]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0as8tDg391rpeq3xo1_400.jpg/img]
ShowtimeACB

Postby Legendary on Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:47 am

Awesome! Good to have Farmar back, and as others have said, he's definitely a step up from Duhon and bonehead-Morris.

At least Mitch is doing what he can (with our limited resources) to field a decent team.

And you guys are slippin'...no Farmar mix up in here?

Warning for Language:
Legendary

Postby Finwë on Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:59 am

wcsoldier81 wrote:Farmar , Kaman ... I thought we would do much worse to be honest ...

This
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby borri on Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:00 am

Weezy wrote:Jordan Farmar is white? I thought he was half African-American, half Jewish. Also, white players can't play defense? Blake is white, and I would call him one of our better defensive players. Jordan Farmar is no lock down defender though, I'll give you that.

Hey Tiger is half Asian has African American. Everyone refers to him as the African American golfer.
borri

Postby Weezy on Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:03 am

That mix was a fun watch. Again, I forget what it's like to have a PG that actually goes to the rim for layups and dunks. According to rydjorker's latest scouting report he doesn't do that much anymore due to injury and age/declining, but I'm still hopeful we'll see some of it, that one highlight mix has Farmar making more layups than Blake has attempted as a Laker.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby last stand on Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:06 am

Weezy wrote:I don't understand why people keep suggesting we trade Hill. Besides Kobe he is he one player I would want on this team beyond this season.

because a lottery pick in this draft has more potential than an energy player in hill. i like hill but if he could get us another lottery pick in the 2014 draft you do it without even thinking about it

2 lottery picks in this draft gives you twice the opportunity at generational talents like andrew wiggins, worse case scenario?

you settle for parker, smart, randle, harrison, selden

all possible all stars. if we had other assets i wouldn't trade hill. but we don't. we have no assets. hill is our only attractive asset. young, solid player with a cheap contract

lottery picks in this draft are better for this franchise than hill
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby Weezy on Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:11 am

borri wrote:
Weezy wrote:Jordan Farmar is white? I thought he was half African-American, half Jewish. Also, white players can't play defense? Blake is white, and I would call him one of our better defensive players. Jordan Farmar is no lock down defender though, I'll give you that.

Hey Tiger is half Asian has African American. Everyone refers to him as the African American golfer.

I'm sorry I'm not following what your point was here. I was just saying I don't think Farmar is white at all, his dad is African-American and his mom is Jewish.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby kblo247 on Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:17 am

To me Odom and Farmar make Blake and Hill both expendable because of their health issues. Blake hasn't proven good play is the norm, but he's proven getting hurt is. Same with Hill who was hurt when we traded for him and missed most of last year. That and Dantoni isn't in love with the guy. Injury and potential low playing time if Odom came is why I would deal him for a wing too. Heck I'd just as easily sign Kenyon to time share the 4 spot at the minimum.

Sign Lamar, flip Hill
Sign Farmar, flip Blake
Sign Sasha, flip Meeks

Guys like Kenyon and Rip are still hungry and cheap for a year rental. Even Jackson who was cut by the Spurs. All with plenty of playoff and title experience.

Even if you just get back tpes and second rounders for Blake, Meeks, and Hill fact is Hill and Blake miss a chunk of games and have been hurt. Meeks also was highly erratic. It ain't about youth for the sake of youth, Goudelock, Morris, Ebanks, Caracter showed that. The vets have moe actual game and talent and showed it last year, so you can still be competitive for a year which is the goal of the FO and plan for 14 accordingly. Hell some of these cheap guys may just be your core when you add a max guy to the team
kblo247

Postby rydjorker121 on Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:20 am

Hey, I like Farmar's confidence, LA roots, the fact that he sacrificed a ton of money to come back here. He talks a big game, and that's a good asset to have to help advance in any field.

But let's not rewrite history here--if you read underneath the "spoiler" label for my previous scouting report, we saw that Farmar had a tendency to settle at times, he displays a bit of an ego on the court with some selfish streaks, and remember everyone said that he didn't want to pass the ball to Kobe? So I don't think his on-court intangibles are all that. I have a lot of reason to believe that's really declined in athleticism. And then we get to his skill set, which I don't like.

He's better than Chris Duhon, because, hell, anyone on this board can suit up in a jersey and be better than Duhon. Duhon was basically playing 4-on-5 on offense, with zero usage rate and taking 90% of his shots from deep. Farmar at least has a typical PG usage rate, although the offense is a bit similar--turnover prone jumpshooting is one of my biggest qualms, and Farmar is just that.
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby Weezy on Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:25 am

last stand wrote:
Weezy wrote:I don't understand why people keep suggesting we trade Hill. Besides Kobe he is he one player I would want on this team beyond this season.

because a lottery pick in this draft has more potential than an energy player in hill. i like hill but if he could get us another lottery pick in the 2014 draft you do it without even thinking about it

2 lottery picks in this draft gives you twice the opportunity at generational talents like andrew wiggins, worse case scenario?

you settle for parker, smart, randle, harrison, selden

all possible all stars. if we had other assets i wouldn't trade hill. but we don't. we have no assets. hill is our only attractive asset. young, solid player with a cheap contract

lottery picks in this draft are better for this franchise than hill

I'll just agree to disagree then. I don't think a draft pick that hasn't played a game in the NBA yet, and some haven't even played a game in college yet, are better than Hill. Obviously if you get a really high pick the chances are higher you get a star or a player better than Hill, but I'm not sure Hill gets us a top 5 pick, or even top 10, so I'd rather keep him. Unless he gets another injury that keeps him out a long time and starts to look like he's injury prone, I keep him beyond this season, he was a lottery pick himself not long ago.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:31 am

I don't think anyone is re-writing history here rydjorker, we know what Farmar is, a career backup PG who is better than Duhon and Morris. Doesn't seem we could do better only offering one year minimum contracts. That he wants to play here so bad that he'd walk away from 5 mil is good enough for me after a season of watching a lot of guys that looked like they wished they were anywhere else but here, and going into a season where we know missing the playoffs is more likely than winning a championship.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby rydjorker121 on Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:45 am

Re: the draft, it all depends on where we land. Landing in no-man's land, where we're competing for a playoff spot but fail to make it (picks #11-15) is easily the worst. Picks are notoriously awful in that range, even for an average draft. Most teams get nearly equal value drafting #26-30 as they do from #11-15. Jordan Hill has more value than your average pick at this range. But if we draft even #6-10, obviously those guys on average have significantly more value than Hill.

Truthfully, though, I think Hill's bounced around too much (NYK, HOU, us) to have much value. He's been "used" too much in basketball terms--teams know who he is. We might pry a late 1st round pick for a player of Hill's caliber, but I don't think even a mid-1st round pick.
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby last stand on Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:15 am

rydjorker121 wrote:Re: the draft, it all depends on where we land. Landing in no-man's land, where we're competing for a playoff spot but fail to make it (picks #11-15) is easily the worst. Picks are notoriously awful in that range, even for an average draft. Most teams get nearly equal value drafting #26-30 as they do from #11-15. Jordan Hill has more value than your average pick at this range. But if we draft even #6-10, obviously those guys on average have significantly more value than Hill.

Truthfully, though, I think Hill's bounced around too much (NYK, HOU, us) to have much value. He's been "used" too much in basketball terms--teams know who he is. We might pry a late 1st round pick for a player of Hill's caliber, but I don't think even a mid-1st round pick.

thatd be my worry. thing is from my perspective, if you get 2 lottery picks (one by our own losing and one by someone elses) you just statistically give yourself a better chance at getting in that top 10 range. that's my thinking here.

the bulls got the #1 pick with a 2% chance or whatever it was. 2 picks out of 14. it's not likely, but it's possible. if it doesn't work out you have 2 first rounders to use as assets to facilitate a deal.

but as you said will hill even garner that type of interest? probably not.
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby BadCoaching on Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:38 am

I've been so sick for a while now I haven't been able to keep up with the games.. is Farmar able to play anymore? Never minded his game for the money.. just his attitude.

Be nice to have some of the old faces back if they can still ball like they did.
BadCoaching

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion