Jordan Hill: Assault case closed / plea bargain - page 9

Re: Jordan Hill Charged? For Choking Family Member

Postby Mr_Hollywood_Line on Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:46 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
DA trying to make a name for themselves with hi-profile player. Same as always.


Yep.

Just like the bumpkin in CO who was salivating over the prospect of nailing Kobe on "rape" charges.
Image
User avatar
Mr_Hollywood_Line

 
Posts: 2470
Joined: Sun May 30, 2004 10:07 pm
Location: The Low Post

Re: Jordan Hill Charged? For Choking Family Member

Postby jlkr on Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:48 pm

Mr_Hollywood_Line wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:
DA trying to make a name for themselves with hi-profile player. Same as always.


Yep.

Just like the bumpkin in CO who was salivating over the prospect of nailing Kobe on "rape" charges.

Or the DA trying to nail the Duke lacrosse team.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

--Robert Frost
User avatar
jlkr

 
Posts: 4199
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:19 pm
Location: your friendly neighborhood bar

Re: Jordan Hill Charged? For Choking Ex Girlfriend (back in Feb)

Postby lakerfan2 on Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:58 pm

jlkr wrote:She lost her meal ticket. Nice...

Just too many red flags here to indicate otherwise. Takes a month to report it. Loses her temper and throws his cell phones on the floor? Trust me, you do not want to be around a woman who does that. I only wish I was not speaking from experience. Booking her ticket back to FL was the smartest thing he did. If it ever actually goes to trial, it will be her word against his. In this day and age, that might be enough to get him. He better have a good lawyer.


I'm sorry...and what would be the circumstantial evidence that will be brought against him? Some pictures that were sent to police 4 weeks after the incident was reported? Some plane tickets that were bought?

She has no witnesses and there is no forensic evidence to determine what he did.

Case closed imo.
#OURHOUSE
User avatar
lakerfan2

 
Posts: 9914
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:23 pm

Re: Jordan Hill Charged? For Choking Ex Girlfriend (back in Feb)

Postby kray28 on Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:12 pm

I would like to see an Asian animated reenactment of the allegations.
Image
User avatar
kray28

 
Posts: 21278
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 8:16 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: Jordan Hill Charged? For Choking Ex Girlfriend (back in Feb)

Postby The Rock on Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:21 pm

Kinda OT

Just some personal details about Hill. He had a really rough upbringing and experienced some person tragedy

http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/jordan_hill_attempting__rise_2011_12_13.html
Image

Props to sidthekid871
User avatar
The Rock
CL Twitter Team
 
Posts: 19996
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:10 pm
Location: Smackdown Hotel

Re: Jordan Hill Charged? For Choking Ex Girlfriend (back in Feb)

Postby TIME on Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:22 pm

kray28 wrote:I would like to see an Asian animated reenactment of the allegations.


I'm sure this makes sense, but it went way over my head. :man3:
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
User avatar
TIME
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 9437
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:06 am

Re: Jordan Hill Charged? For Choking Ex Girlfriend (back in Feb)

Postby lakersyunowin on Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:25 pm

TIME wrote:
kray28 wrote:I would like to see an Asian animated reenactment of the allegations.


I'm sure this makes sense, but it went way over my head. :man3:


have you seen one of those really weird chinese news CGI recreations of the news topic?

i.e. way back when tiger woods was in that car crash
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
User avatar
lakersyunowin

 
Posts: 10415
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:19 pm

Re: Jordan Hill Charged? For Choking Family Member

Postby JGC on Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:40 pm

TIME wrote:
JGC wrote:
Obviously, you don't follow the piles upon piles of research on crime victims and why so often, they fail to report the crimes committed against them. In fact, many studies indicate that more crimes are NOT reported, than are reported. The reason? Embarassment & fear are among the top two.

If you had a child who was let's say assaulted and he or she didn't tell you about it for a year, I wonder if you'll tell them they are lying because real victims go to the police immediately. Would you?

Are you among the "Free Jerry Sandusky" troupe because those guys took WAY more than 4 weeks to report the crimes?

You're right. Either he committed the crime or he didn't. I totally agree. So what relevance does the time it took to report it have to do with anything? Either he did it or he didn't, RIGHT? (Or are you arguing that if you take X hours to report it, then it physically could not have happened?)


So, I need to "follow the piles upon piles of research on crime victims" to be able to recognize right from wrong?

Your child example has zero correlation to this situation. She is not a child.

No, I do not want Jerry Sandusky freed. I think both the assistant that observed the one incident and Paterno who received his report should have been held responsible for not reporting the crimes. But again, you are trying to muddy the waters of this issue by comparing it to child molestation. What Hill is accused of doing has nothing to do with child molestation.

The time delay is very relevant. DA's take the time frame of a reported assault into account in their decisions whether to file or not. In a delay like this it becomes a judgment call.

But since you like to consider hypotheticals, consider this extreme example. What if the woman waited five years to file the report? Would you not want to consider what may have motivated her to delay so long from the other perspective? Your presumption that she had a valid reason for the delay is just as knee jerk as the posters that have already pegged her as a gold digger.


My presumption? Buahaha. I'm not presuming anything. You are. That's what I'm trying to tell you (and others) to stop doing. YOU, know nothing about this case. And neither do I. Presuming is prudent in EITHER case. Not sure if you read my OP, but I said that folks should wait until the facts come out (i.e. do NOT presume).

I'm glad DA's take the time frame of a reported assault into account like you purport. Yippee! That's a GOOD thing. But what exactly is your point there? That DA's should take that and NOTHING else in to account, or that DAs should take that and ALL of the facts at hand in to account when they decide to file?

To answer your hypothetical question, I would consider the delay along with all of the other facts in the case. To answer back to you, i have two questions.

What if this woman, that waited 5 years to report her assault, had a videotape of the assault and it showed a very brutal attack? Would you say that the offender should go home uncharged because she waited too long to report it?

Secondly, are you advocating that the statute of limitations on any assault case be 30 days?
JGC

 
Posts: 3781
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:07 am

Re: Jordan Hill Charged? For Choking Ex Girlfriend (back in Feb)

Postby Alcindor on Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:45 pm

Why file the charges now as opposed to February or March? Playoffs. Hill doesn't have time to deal with this and they want a quickie out-of-court settlement to drop the charges.
User avatar
Alcindor

 
Posts: 1832
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:22 pm
Location: North Hollywood

Re: Jordan Hill Charged? For Choking Ex Girlfriend (back in Feb)

Postby JGC on Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:48 pm

Alcindor wrote:Why file the charges now as opposed to February or March? Playoffs. Hill doesn't have time to deal with this and they want a quickie out-of-court settlement to drop the charges.


The charges are criminal, not civil. There is no "out-of-court settlement" to drop criminal charges. Either the crime occurred or it did not.
JGC

 
Posts: 3781
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:07 am

Re: Jordan Hill Charged? For Choking Ex Girlfriend (back in Feb)

Postby Alcindor on Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:55 pm

JGC wrote:
Alcindor wrote:Why file the charges now as opposed to February or March? Playoffs. Hill doesn't have time to deal with this and they want a quickie out-of-court settlement to drop the charges.


The charges are criminal, not civil. There is no "out-of-court settlement" to drop criminal charges. Either the crime occurred or it did not.


True, I wasn't thinking domestic violence there, it's in police hands then.
User avatar
Alcindor

 
Posts: 1832
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:22 pm
Location: North Hollywood

Re: Jordan Hill Charged? For Choking Family Member

Postby TIME on Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:03 pm

JGC wrote:
My presumption? Buahaha. I'm not presuming anything. You are. That's what I'm trying to tell you (and others) to stop doing. YOU, know nothing about this case. And neither do I. Presuming is prudent in EITHER case. Not sure if you read my OP, but I said that folks should wait until the facts come out (i.e. do NOT presume).

I'm glad DA's take the time frame of a reported assault into account like you purport. Yippee! That's a GOOD thing. But what exactly is your point there? That DA's should take that and NOTHING else in to account, or that DAs should take that and ALL of the facts at hand in to account when they decide to file?

To answer your hypothetical question, I would consider the delay along with all of the other facts in the case. To answer back to you, i have two questions.

What if this woman, that waited 5 years to report her assault, had a videotape of the assault and it showed a very brutal attack? Would you say that the offender should go home uncharged because she waited too long to report it?

Secondly, are you advocating that the statute of limitations on any assault case be 30 days?


Nice job missing all of the points in my post. Your snide attitude makes your response doubly effective.

And yes you are presuming in each of your responses to my posts. You say I am instead. Exactly what have I presumed? I ask because at this point I'm marveling at your ability to read into my comments things I haven't even hinted at let alone implied.

On your last hypothetical addition: when Hill's girlfriend produces a videotape of a "very brutal attack" then I think we'll all tend to agree with your inference.
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
User avatar
TIME
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 9437
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:06 am

Re: Jordan Hill Charged? For Choking Ex Girlfriend (back in Feb)

Postby wallangong on Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:06 pm

This is an internet message board. We can make all the assumptions we want. That's 80% of the fun on the internet.
Go Buffs.
User avatar
wallangong

 
Posts: 2507
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:05 pm
Location: Colorado

Re: Jordan Hill Charged? For Choking Family Member

Postby JGC on Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:10 pm

TIME wrote:
JGC wrote:
My presumption? Buahaha. I'm not presuming anything. You are. That's what I'm trying to tell you (and others) to stop doing. YOU, know nothing about this case. And neither do I. Presuming is prudent in EITHER case. Not sure if you read my OP, but I said that folks should wait until the facts come out (i.e. do NOT presume).

I'm glad DA's take the time frame of a reported assault into account like you purport. Yippee! That's a GOOD thing. But what exactly is your point there? That DA's should take that and NOTHING else in to account, or that DAs should take that and ALL of the facts at hand in to account when they decide to file?

To answer your hypothetical question, I would consider the delay along with all of the other facts in the case. To answer back to you, i have two questions.

What if this woman, that waited 5 years to report her assault, had a videotape of the assault and it showed a very brutal attack? Would you say that the offender should go home uncharged because she waited too long to report it?

Secondly, are you advocating that the statute of limitations on any assault case be 30 days?


Nice job missing all of the points in my post. Your snide attitude makes your response doubly effective.

And yes you are presuming in each of your responses to my posts. You say I am instead. Exactly what have I presumed? I ask because at this point I'm marveling at your ability to read into my comments things I haven't even hinted at let alone implied.

On your last hypothetical addition: when Hill's girlfriend produces a videotape of a "very brutal attack" then I think we'll all tend to agree with your inference.


Hmmm, I really sort of think you're just arguing for arguing's sake now. I mean, why are you arguing with me that before we jump to conclusions about what really happened, let's let ALL of the facts in the case came out.

If you feel a 4 week delay in reporting a crime supersedes all other evidence in the case no matter what the reason for the delay was, then say so and we'll agree to disagree.

Otherwise, we're agreeing aren't we? Let's wait for ALL of the facts to come out whether they be the time it took to report the crime, video tapes, eyewitnesses, photos, interviews, and other evidences entered into exhibit.
JGC

 
Posts: 3781
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:07 am

Re: Jordan Hill Charged? For Choking Family Member

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:19 pm

JGC wrote:
TIME wrote:
JGC wrote:
My presumption? Buahaha. I'm not presuming anything. You are. That's what I'm trying to tell you (and others) to stop doing. YOU, know nothing about this case. And neither do I. Presuming is prudent in EITHER case. Not sure if you read my OP, but I said that folks should wait until the facts come out (i.e. do NOT presume).

I'm glad DA's take the time frame of a reported assault into account like you purport. Yippee! That's a GOOD thing. But what exactly is your point there? That DA's should take that and NOTHING else in to account, or that DAs should take that and ALL of the facts at hand in to account when they decide to file?

To answer your hypothetical question, I would consider the delay along with all of the other facts in the case. To answer back to you, i have two questions.

What if this woman, that waited 5 years to report her assault, had a videotape of the assault and it showed a very brutal attack? Would you say that the offender should go home uncharged because she waited too long to report it?

Secondly, are you advocating that the statute of limitations on any assault case be 30 days?


Nice job missing all of the points in my post. Your snide attitude makes your response doubly effective.

And yes you are presuming in each of your responses to my posts. You say I am instead. Exactly what have I presumed? I ask because at this point I'm marveling at your ability to read into my comments things I haven't even hinted at let alone implied.

On your last hypothetical addition: when Hill's girlfriend produces a videotape of a "very brutal attack" then I think we'll all tend to agree with your inference.


Hmmm, I really sort of think you're just arguing for arguing's sake now. I mean, why are you arguing with me that before we jump to conclusions about what really happened, let's let ALL of the facts in the case came out.

If you feel a 4 week delay in reporting a crime supersedes all other evidence in the case no matter what the reason for the delay was, then say so and we'll agree to disagree.

Otherwise, we're agreeing aren't we? Let's wait for ALL of the facts to come out whether they be the time it took to report the crime, video tapes, eyewitnesses, photos, interviews, and other evidences entered into exhibit.


Yeah let's all be 100% objective and not have an opinion, that'll be fun.
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

 
Posts: 12218
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:57 am

Re: Jordan Hill Charged? For Choking Ex Girlfriend (back in Feb)

Postby kidhell on Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:26 pm

from @Mike_Bresnahan Hill may have found way 2 avoid court Tues. From his agent: "Jordan will spend the night in his bed in L.A., preparing for tomorrow's game."
kidhell

 
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:35 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Jordan Hill Charged? For Choking Family Member

Postby JGC on Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:35 pm

bruddahmanmatt wrote:Yeah let's all be 100% objective and not have an opinion, that'll be fun.


Well, it may not be as fun, but it's a heck of a lot smarter.

And what if it is fun for me spam bed size websites in my posts? Is that ok? =)

I would think that when it comes to issues outside of basketball that maybe we could be a little more objective. That, if a Laker player is charged with say murdering somebody, that we don't start defending it and talking about they probably deserved it and all of that just because we have tickets to the next game and said player won't be there.

We have a potential assault victim here. Nothing is set in stone, but I'm just saying it's maybe a bit prudent to call her a gold digging hoe don't ya think? (Not saying YOU said that, more of a rhetorical question).
JGC

 
Posts: 3781
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:07 am

Re: Jordan Hill Charged? For Choking Ex Girlfriend (back in Feb)

Postby wallangong on Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:20 pm

^ why do we need to be so objective? given the well-documented recent history of individuals attempting to exploit athletes as well as the convenient timing of the allegations, is it really wrong for us to make assumptions? it's the job of the legal system to be objective, not members of a sports message board.

and yes this is a criminal and not a civil case, but that doesn't change the fact that extortion couldn't have been the initial plan.
Go Buffs.
User avatar
wallangong

 
Posts: 2507
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:05 pm
Location: Colorado

Re: Jordan Hill Charged? For Choking Ex Girlfriend (back in Feb)

Postby John3:16 on Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:24 pm

wallangong wrote:^ why do we need to be so objective? given the well-documented recent history of individuals attempting to exploit athletes as well as the convenient timing of the allegations, is it really wrong for us to make assumptions? it's the job of the legal system to be objective, not members of a sports message board.

and yes this is a criminal and not a civil case, but that doesn't change the fact that extortion couldn't have been the initial plan.


:freak2:
Image
User avatar
John3:16
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 31869
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2004 12:23 am
Location: Anywhere but LD after a loss.

Re: Jordan Hill Charged? For Choking Ex Girlfriend (back in Feb)

Postby wallangong on Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:34 pm

John3:16 wrote:
wallangong wrote:^ why do we need to be so objective? given the well-documented recent history of individuals attempting to exploit athletes as well as the convenient timing of the allegations, is it really wrong for us to make assumptions? it's the job of the legal system to be objective, not members of a sports message board.

and yes this is a criminal and not a civil case, but that doesn't change the fact that extortion couldn't have been the initial plan.


:freak2:


i'm confused as to what's confusing about my post? the only thing i could possibly think of is if she reported the alleged assault sooner and the time delay was all on the DA? but otherwise i stand by my first paragraph. i don't see what is wrong with being skeptical about the "alleged" assault?
Go Buffs.
User avatar
wallangong

 
Posts: 2507
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:05 pm
Location: Colorado

Re: Jordan Hill Charged? For Choking Ex Girlfriend (back in Feb)

Postby John3:16 on Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:39 pm

wallangong wrote:i'm confused as to what's confusing about my post? the only thing i could possibly think of is if she reported the alleged assault sooner and the time delay was all on the DA? but otherwise i stand by my first paragraph. i don't see what is wrong with being skeptical about the "alleged" assault?


IMO, people should be objective. You're saying we don't need to. If we're not, we might as well be called Bleacher Report. People get mad at ESPN when they feel they're not, calling them BSPN. Are you okay with that? Or the Trayvon case for example: Should people just spout whatever comes to their mind, or should caution and rational thinking prevail ?
Image
User avatar
John3:16
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 31869
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2004 12:23 am
Location: Anywhere but LD after a loss.

Re: Jordan Hill Charged? For Choking Ex Girlfriend (back in Feb)

Postby wallangong on Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:42 pm

John3:16 wrote:
wallangong wrote:i'm confused as to what's confusing about my post? the only thing i could possibly think of is if she reported the alleged assault sooner and the time delay was all on the DA? but otherwise i stand by my first paragraph. i don't see what is wrong with being skeptical about the "alleged" assault?


IMO, people should be objective. You're saying we don't need to. If we're not, we might as well be called Bleacher Report. People get mad at ESPN when they feel they're not, calling them BSPN. Are you okay with that? Or the Trayvon case for example: Should people just spout whatever comes to their mind, or should caution and rational thinking prevail ?


i understand your point but unlike Bleacher Report, to my understanding this isn't pretending to be a news site. it's a message board where people post news reports from other sources. the fact that we aren't here "reporting" IMO means we don't have to be entirely objective. i'm not saying throw objectivity out the window but i see this more as a place to express opinions based on a significant amount of subjectivity.
Go Buffs.
User avatar
wallangong

 
Posts: 2507
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:05 pm
Location: Colorado

Re: Jordan Hill Charged? For Choking Ex Girlfriend (back in Feb)

Postby JGC on Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:07 pm

wallangong wrote:
John3:16 wrote:
wallangong wrote:i'm confused as to what's confusing about my post? the only thing i could possibly think of is if she reported the alleged assault sooner and the time delay was all on the DA? but otherwise i stand by my first paragraph. i don't see what is wrong with being skeptical about the "alleged" assault?


IMO, people should be objective. You're saying we don't need to. If we're not, we might as well be called Bleacher Report. People get mad at ESPN when they feel they're not, calling them BSPN. Are you okay with that? Or the Trayvon case for example: Should people just spout whatever comes to their mind, or should caution and rational thinking prevail ?


i understand your point but unlike Bleacher Report, to my understanding this isn't pretending to be a news site. it's a message board where people post news reports from other sources. the fact that we aren't here "reporting" IMO means we don't have to be entirely objective. i'm not saying throw objectivity out the window but i see this more as a place to express opinions based on a significant amount of subjectivity.


I'm not really sure what objectivity has anything to do with anything on this matter. The difference between being objective vs subjective is whether or not you are influenced by your own personal feelings and experiences when considering the facts at hand.

What I'm saying is that we don't have very many facts at hand.

So regardless of whether you have an objective or subjective point of view on the matter, wouldn't you agree that a stronger opinion is made when it takes MORE of the facts into consideration rather than less?

All I'm saying is that whether you want to be influenced by your own personal feelings or not, it is way too prudent to form an opinion on Hill's guilt without having any real facts to consider at this point in time. Let's wait, then form opinions. It's the smart thing to do.
JGC

 
Posts: 3781
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:07 am

Re: Jordan Hill: Charged with assault of ex-girlfriend in Feb

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:47 pm

This thread is funny.. no it is FUUUUUUNNNNNYYYY....

1.No one knows if Hill chocked out this girl. Fact!
2.There has been a long history of people claiming assaults against athletes and celebs only to drop the case and go for a civil suit. Fact!
3. A month delay is very suspecious in any case involving battery as the pictures can no longer be proven to have happened in the alleged altercation. Fact!
4. A two month delay in filing chargers for a simple domestic charge is outlandish. Fact!
5. The US Judicial system says, "innocent until proven guilty". Fact!

All this stick your chest out "I am smarter than you all" crap is getting old. If he is guilty of assault then the judicial system needs to make him pay. However, as it stands with the early information it smells, sounds, looks, and probably even taste like the many trumped up cases athletes have had to deal with before.
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
User avatar
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator
 
Posts: 31459
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: Making folks sexy with dancin'

Re: Jordan Hill: Charged with assault of ex-girlfriend in Feb

Postby Snake Eyes on Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:19 pm

lakerswiz wrote:
2.There has been a long history of people claiming assaults against athletes and celebs only to drop the case and go for a civil suit. Fact!


You'd think with a fan base that has been through this crap already, they'd understand this.


After I read that this happened back in Houston this line of thinking entered my mind. We shall see what happens. He has been key for us, so I hope this case does not take away from our playoff run. I also hope that justice is done no matter how this turns out.
User avatar
Snake Eyes

 
Posts: 9564
Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 6:44 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], MSNbot Media and 10 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.