Jordan Hill: Assault case closed / plea bargain - page 9

Re: Jordan Hill Charged? For Choking Ex Girlfriend (back in Feb)

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:09 pm

kosstick wrote:
lakerswiz wrote:
bruddahmanmatt wrote:Bruh, it's a picture of the actual statement. Who does that?

What's easier. Taking a picture of a written document you just received via fax and sending it via text message. Or rewriting the entire response in a text message?

Lol you are right.. When I turn in my papers for class I just snap pics of each page and text it to my Professor.

I don't even wanna know what you turned in for your "Human Anatomy" project in Gen Bio. :man10:
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

Postby Weezy on Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:12 pm

Obviously none of us know if he did it or not, but I think most would agree that the timing is suspicious. It's very similar to the Shannon Brown and Kwame Brown incidents, both of which nothing ever came of other than being distractions. Some part of me thinks we'd never have heard a thing about this had Hill not gotten playing time against the Thunder and become a rotation player.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:13 pm

lakerswiz wrote:
bruddahmanmatt wrote:
lakerswiz wrote:What's easier. Taking a picture of a written document you just received via fax and sending it via text message. Or rewriting the entire response in a text message?

Again I ask you, "who does that?" How many credible reporters/writers would use a PICTURE of a statement to get the word out? How lazy is that?

You do realize who posted this picture on Twitter, right?

Do you know who actually took the picture?
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

Re: Jordan Hill Charged? For Choking Family Member

Postby TIME on Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:19 pm

JGC wrote:
Obviously, you don't follow the piles upon piles of research on crime victims and why so often, they fail to report the crimes committed against them. In fact, many studies indicate that more crimes are NOT reported, than are reported. The reason? Embarassment & fear are among the top two.

If you had a child who was let's say assaulted and he or she didn't tell you about it for a year, I wonder if you'll tell them they are lying because real victims go to the police immediately. Would you?

Are you among the "Free Jerry Sandusky" troupe because those guys took WAY more than 4 weeks to report the crimes?

You're right. Either he committed the crime or he didn't. I totally agree. So what relevance does the time it took to report it have to do with anything? Either he did it or he didn't, RIGHT? (Or are you arguing that if you take X hours to report it, then it physically could not have happened?)

So, I need to "follow the piles upon piles of research on crime victims" to be able to recognize right from wrong?

Your child example has zero correlation to this situation. She is not a child.

No, I do not want Jerry Sandusky freed. I think both the assistant that observed the one incident and Paterno who received his report should have been held responsible for not reporting the crimes. But again, you are trying to muddy the waters of this issue by comparing it to child molestation. What Hill is accused of doing has nothing to do with child molestation.

The time delay is very relevant. DA's take the time frame of a reported assault into account in their decisions whether to file or not. In a delay like this it becomes a judgment call.

But since you like to consider hypotheticals, consider this extreme example. What if the woman waited five years to file the report? Would you not want to consider what may have motivated her to delay so long from the other perspective? Your presumption that she had a valid reason for the delay is just as knee jerk as the posters that have already pegged her as a gold digger.
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:19 pm

lakerswiz wrote:Doesn't matter who took the picture. The Lakers official twitter posted it.

Yes, but whose shadow is that on the paper?
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

Postby The Rock on Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:21 pm

https://twitter.com/#!/Mike_Bresnahan/status/197087341091880960

Hill may have found way 2 avoid court Tues. From his agent: "Jordan will spend the night in his bed in L.A., preparing for tomorrow's game.

this is a good opportunity for Kobe to mentor Hill

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:26 pm

Kamenetzky Brothers ‏ @ESPNLandOLakers Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Hill said today he expects to be available for Tuesday's game. BK

Good news. :jam2:
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby kray28 on Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:29 pm

bruddahmanmatt wrote:
lakerswiz wrote:Doesn't matter who took the picture. The Lakers official twitter posted it.

The Insider's?
kray28

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:33 pm

kray28 wrote:
bruddahmanmatt wrote:

The Insider's?

Illuminati at a "Kobe System" lecture. Probably Kanye, or Tony Robbins, dude's mouth is HUGE...literally.
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

Postby jlkr on Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:45 pm

She lost her meal ticket. Nice...

Just too many red flags here to indicate otherwise. Takes a month to report it. Loses her temper and throws his cell phones on the floor? Trust me, you do not want to be around a woman who does that. I only wish I was not speaking from experience. Booking her ticket back to FL was the smartest thing he did. If it ever actually goes to trial, it will be her word against his. In this day and age, that might be enough to get him. He better have a good lawyer.
Last edited by jlkr on Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

--Robert Frost
jlkr

Postby Mr_Hollywood_Line on Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:46 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
DA trying to make a name for themselves with hi-profile player. Same as always.

Yep.

Just like the bumpkin in CO who was salivating over the prospect of nailing Kobe on "rape" charges.
Mr_Hollywood_Line

Postby jlkr on Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:48 pm

Mr_Hollywood_Line wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:
DA trying to make a name for themselves with hi-profile player. Same as always.

Yep.

Just like the bumpkin in CO who was salivating over the prospect of nailing Kobe on "rape" charges.

Or the DA trying to nail the Duke lacrosse team.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

--Robert Frost
jlkr

Postby lakerfan2 on Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:58 pm

jlkr wrote:She lost her meal ticket. Nice...

Just too many red flags here to indicate otherwise. Takes a month to report it. Loses her temper and throws his cell phones on the floor? Trust me, you do not want to be around a woman who does that. I only wish I was not speaking from experience. Booking her ticket back to FL was the smartest thing he did. If it ever actually goes to trial, it will be her word against his. In this day and age, that might be enough to get him. He better have a good lawyer.

I'm sorry...and what would be the circumstantial evidence that will be brought against him? Some pictures that were sent to police 4 weeks after the incident was reported? Some plane tickets that were bought?

She has no witnesses and there is no forensic evidence to determine what he did.

Case closed imo.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby kray28 on Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:12 pm

I would like to see an Asian animated reenactment of the allegations.
kray28

Postby The Rock on Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:21 pm

Kinda OT

Just some personal details about Hill. He had a really rough upbringing and experienced some person tragedy

http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/jordan_hill_attempting__rise_2011_12_13.html

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby TIME on Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:22 pm

kray28 wrote:I would like to see an Asian animated reenactment of the allegations.

I'm sure this makes sense, but it went way over my head. :man3:
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakersyunowin on Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:25 pm

TIME wrote:
kray28 wrote:I would like to see an Asian animated reenactment of the allegations.

I'm sure this makes sense, but it went way over my head. :man3:

have you seen one of those really weird chinese news CGI recreations of the news topic?

i.e. way back when tiger woods was in that car crash
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby JGC on Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:40 pm

TIME wrote:
JGC wrote:
Obviously, you don't follow the piles upon piles of research on crime victims and why so often, they fail to report the crimes committed against them. In fact, many studies indicate that more crimes are NOT reported, than are reported. The reason? Embarassment & fear are among the top two.

If you had a child who was let's say assaulted and he or she didn't tell you about it for a year, I wonder if you'll tell them they are lying because real victims go to the police immediately. Would you?

Are you among the "Free Jerry Sandusky" troupe because those guys took WAY more than 4 weeks to report the crimes?

You're right. Either he committed the crime or he didn't. I totally agree. So what relevance does the time it took to report it have to do with anything? Either he did it or he didn't, RIGHT? (Or are you arguing that if you take X hours to report it, then it physically could not have happened?)

So, I need to "follow the piles upon piles of research on crime victims" to be able to recognize right from wrong?

Your child example has zero correlation to this situation. She is not a child.

No, I do not want Jerry Sandusky freed. I think both the assistant that observed the one incident and Paterno who received his report should have been held responsible for not reporting the crimes. But again, you are trying to muddy the waters of this issue by comparing it to child molestation. What Hill is accused of doing has nothing to do with child molestation.

The time delay is very relevant. DA's take the time frame of a reported assault into account in their decisions whether to file or not. In a delay like this it becomes a judgment call.

But since you like to consider hypotheticals, consider this extreme example. What if the woman waited five years to file the report? Would you not want to consider what may have motivated her to delay so long from the other perspective? Your presumption that she had a valid reason for the delay is just as knee jerk as the posters that have already pegged her as a gold digger.

My presumption? Buahaha. I'm not presuming anything. You are. That's what I'm trying to tell you (and others) to stop doing. YOU, know nothing about this case. And neither do I. Presuming is prudent in EITHER case. Not sure if you read my OP, but I said that folks should wait until the facts come out (i.e. do NOT presume).

I'm glad DA's take the time frame of a reported assault into account like you purport. Yippee! That's a GOOD thing. But what exactly is your point there? That DA's should take that and NOTHING else in to account, or that DAs should take that and ALL of the facts at hand in to account when they decide to file?

To answer your hypothetical question, I would consider the delay along with all of the other facts in the case. To answer back to you, i have two questions.

What if this woman, that waited 5 years to report her assault, had a videotape of the assault and it showed a very brutal attack? Would you say that the offender should go home uncharged because she waited too long to report it?

Secondly, are you advocating that the statute of limitations on any assault case be 30 days?
JGC

Postby Alcindor on Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:45 pm

Why file the charges now as opposed to February or March? Playoffs. Hill doesn't have time to deal with this and they want a quickie out-of-court settlement to drop the charges.
Alcindor

Postby JGC on Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:48 pm

Alcindor wrote:Why file the charges now as opposed to February or March? Playoffs. Hill doesn't have time to deal with this and they want a quickie out-of-court settlement to drop the charges.

The charges are criminal, not civil. There is no "out-of-court settlement" to drop criminal charges. Either the crime occurred or it did not.
JGC

Postby Alcindor on Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:55 pm

JGC wrote:
Alcindor wrote:Why file the charges now as opposed to February or March? Playoffs. Hill doesn't have time to deal with this and they want a quickie out-of-court settlement to drop the charges.

The charges are criminal, not civil. There is no "out-of-court settlement" to drop criminal charges. Either the crime occurred or it did not.

True, I wasn't thinking domestic violence there, it's in police hands then.
Alcindor

Postby TIME on Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:03 pm

JGC wrote:
My presumption? Buahaha. I'm not presuming anything. You are. That's what I'm trying to tell you (and others) to stop doing. YOU, know nothing about this case. And neither do I. Presuming is prudent in EITHER case. Not sure if you read my OP, but I said that folks should wait until the facts come out (i.e. do NOT presume).

I'm glad DA's take the time frame of a reported assault into account like you purport. Yippee! That's a GOOD thing. But what exactly is your point there? That DA's should take that and NOTHING else in to account, or that DAs should take that and ALL of the facts at hand in to account when they decide to file?

To answer your hypothetical question, I would consider the delay along with all of the other facts in the case. To answer back to you, i have two questions.

What if this woman, that waited 5 years to report her assault, had a videotape of the assault and it showed a very brutal attack? Would you say that the offender should go home uncharged because she waited too long to report it?

Secondly, are you advocating that the statute of limitations on any assault case be 30 days?

Nice job missing all of the points in my post. Your snide attitude makes your response doubly effective.

And yes you are presuming in each of your responses to my posts. You say I am instead. Exactly what have I presumed? I ask because at this point I'm marveling at your ability to read into my comments things I haven't even hinted at let alone implied.

On your last hypothetical addition: when Hill's girlfriend produces a videotape of a "very brutal attack" then I think we'll all tend to agree with your inference.
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby wallangong on Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:06 pm

This is an internet message board. We can make all the assumptions we want. That's 80% of the fun on the internet.
Go Buffs.
wallangong

Postby JGC on Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:10 pm

TIME wrote:
JGC wrote:

Nice job missing all of the points in my post. Your snide attitude makes your response doubly effective.

And yes you are presuming in each of your responses to my posts. You say I am instead. Exactly what have I presumed? I ask because at this point I'm marveling at your ability to read into my comments things I haven't even hinted at let alone implied.

On your last hypothetical addition: when Hill's girlfriend produces a videotape of a "very brutal attack" then I think we'll all tend to agree with your inference.

Hmmm, I really sort of think you're just arguing for arguing's sake now. I mean, why are you arguing with me that before we jump to conclusions about what really happened, let's let ALL of the facts in the case came out.

If you feel a 4 week delay in reporting a crime supersedes all other evidence in the case no matter what the reason for the delay was, then say so and we'll agree to disagree.

Otherwise, we're agreeing aren't we? Let's wait for ALL of the facts to come out whether they be the time it took to report the crime, video tapes, eyewitnesses, photos, interviews, and other evidences entered into exhibit.
JGC

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:19 pm

JGC wrote:
TIME wrote:
JGC wrote:

Hmmm, I really sort of think you're just arguing for arguing's sake now. I mean, why are you arguing with me that before we jump to conclusions about what really happened, let's let ALL of the facts in the case came out.

If you feel a 4 week delay in reporting a crime supersedes all other evidence in the case no matter what the reason for the delay was, then say so and we'll agree to disagree.

Otherwise, we're agreeing aren't we? Let's wait for ALL of the facts to come out whether they be the time it took to report the crime, video tapes, eyewitnesses, photos, interviews, and other evidences entered into exhibit.

Yeah let's all be 100% objective and not have an opinion, that'll be fun.
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion