Jordan Hill: Assault case closed / plea bargain - page 9

Re: Jordan Hill Charged? For Choking Ex Girlfriend (back in Feb)

Postby kidhell on Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:26 pm

from @Mike_Bresnahan Hill may have found way 2 avoid court Tues. From his agent: "Jordan will spend the night in his bed in L.A., preparing for tomorrow's game."
kidhell

Re: Jordan Hill Charged? For Choking Family Member

Postby JGC on Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:35 pm

bruddahmanmatt wrote:Yeah let's all be 100% objective and not have an opinion, that'll be fun.

Well, it may not be as fun, but it's a heck of a lot smarter.

And what if it is fun for me spam bed size websites in my posts? Is that ok? =)

I would think that when it comes to issues outside of basketball that maybe we could be a little more objective. That, if a Laker player is charged with say murdering somebody, that we don't start defending it and talking about they probably deserved it and all of that just because we have tickets to the next game and said player won't be there.

We have a potential assault victim here. Nothing is set in stone, but I'm just saying it's maybe a bit prudent to call her a gold digging hoe don't ya think? (Not saying YOU said that, more of a rhetorical question).
JGC

Postby wallangong on Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:20 pm

^ why do we need to be so objective? given the well-documented recent history of individuals attempting to exploit athletes as well as the convenient timing of the allegations, is it really wrong for us to make assumptions? it's the job of the legal system to be objective, not members of a sports message board.

and yes this is a criminal and not a civil case, but that doesn't change the fact that extortion couldn't have been the initial plan.
Go Buffs.
wallangong

Postby John3:16 on Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:24 pm

wallangong wrote:^ why do we need to be so objective? given the well-documented recent history of individuals attempting to exploit athletes as well as the convenient timing of the allegations, is it really wrong for us to make assumptions? it's the job of the legal system to be objective, not members of a sports message board.

and yes this is a criminal and not a civil case, but that doesn't change the fact that extortion couldn't have been the initial plan.

:freak2:
John3:16

Postby wallangong on Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:34 pm

John3:16 wrote:
wallangong wrote:^ why do we need to be so objective? given the well-documented recent history of individuals attempting to exploit athletes as well as the convenient timing of the allegations, is it really wrong for us to make assumptions? it's the job of the legal system to be objective, not members of a sports message board.

:freak2:

i'm confused as to what's confusing about my post? the only thing i could possibly think of is if she reported the alleged assault sooner and the time delay was all on the DA? but otherwise i stand by my first paragraph. i don't see what is wrong with being skeptical about the "alleged" assault?
Go Buffs.
wallangong

Postby John3:16 on Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:39 pm

wallangong wrote:i'm confused as to what's confusing about my post? the only thing i could possibly think of is if she reported the alleged assault sooner and the time delay was all on the DA? but otherwise i stand by my first paragraph. i don't see what is wrong with being skeptical about the "alleged" assault?

IMO, people should be objective. You're saying we don't need to. If we're not, we might as well be called Bleacher Report. People get mad at ESPN when they feel they're not, calling them BSPN. Are you okay with that? Or the Trayvon case for example: Should people just spout whatever comes to their mind, or should caution and rational thinking prevail ?
John3:16

Postby wallangong on Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:42 pm

wallangong wrote:i'm confused as to what's confusing about my post? the only thing i could possibly think of is if she reported the alleged assault sooner and the time delay was all on the DA? but otherwise i stand by my first paragraph. i don't see what is wrong with being skeptical about the "alleged" assault?

IMO, people should be objective. You're saying we don't need to. If we're not, we might as well be called Bleacher Report. People get mad at ESPN when they feel they're not, calling them BSPN. Are you okay with that? Or the Trayvon case for example: Should people just spout whatever comes to their mind, or should caution and rational thinking prevail ?

i understand your point but unlike Bleacher Report, to my understanding this isn't pretending to be a news site. it's a message board where people post news reports from other sources. the fact that we aren't here "reporting" IMO means we don't have to be entirely objective. i'm not saying throw objectivity out the window but i see this more as a place to express opinions based on a significant amount of subjectivity.
Go Buffs.
wallangong

Postby JGC on Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:07 pm

wallangong wrote:

i understand your point but unlike Bleacher Report, to my understanding this isn't pretending to be a news site. it's a message board where people post news reports from other sources. the fact that we aren't here "reporting" IMO means we don't have to be entirely objective. i'm not saying throw objectivity out the window but i see this more as a place to express opinions based on a significant amount of subjectivity.

I'm not really sure what objectivity has anything to do with anything on this matter. The difference between being objective vs subjective is whether or not you are influenced by your own personal feelings and experiences when considering the facts at hand.

What I'm saying is that we don't have very many facts at hand.

So regardless of whether you have an objective or subjective point of view on the matter, wouldn't you agree that a stronger opinion is made when it takes MORE of the facts into consideration rather than less?

All I'm saying is that whether you want to be influenced by your own personal feelings or not, it is way too prudent to form an opinion on Hill's guilt without having any real facts to consider at this point in time. Let's wait, then form opinions. It's the smart thing to do.
JGC

Re: Jordan Hill: Charged with assault of ex-girlfriend in Feb

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:47 pm

This thread is funny.. no it is FUUUUUUNNNNNYYYY....

1.No one knows if Hill chocked out this girl. Fact!
2.There has been a long history of people claiming assaults against athletes and celebs only to drop the case and go for a civil suit. Fact!
3. A month delay is very suspecious in any case involving battery as the pictures can no longer be proven to have happened in the alleged altercation. Fact!
4. A two month delay in filing chargers for a simple domestic charge is outlandish. Fact!
5. The US Judicial system says, "innocent until proven guilty". Fact!

All this stick your chest out "I am smarter than you all" crap is getting old. If he is guilty of assault then the judicial system needs to make him pay. However, as it stands with the early information it smells, sounds, looks, and probably even taste like the many trumped up cases athletes have had to deal with before.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Snake Eyes on Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:19 pm

lakerswiz wrote:
2.There has been a long history of people claiming assaults against athletes and celebs only to drop the case and go for a civil suit. Fact!

You'd think with a fan base that has been through this crap already, they'd understand this.

After I read that this happened back in Houston this line of thinking entered my mind. We shall see what happens. He has been key for us, so I hope this case does not take away from our playoff run. I also hope that justice is done no matter how this turns out.
Snake Eyes

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:23 pm

Snake Eyes wrote:
lakerswiz wrote:

You'd think with a fan base that has been through this crap already, they'd understand this.

After I read that this happened back in Houston this line of thinking entered my mind. We shall see what happens. He has been key for us, so I hope this case does not take away from our playoff run. I also hope that justice is done no matter how this turns out.

and that is where the scepticism comes in because just like with Shannon and Kwame as soon as they started playing well in the playoffs these weird month old allegations come up. I don't see why fans wouldn't be like "hmmm sounds fishy".
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby therealdeal on Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:34 pm

The first thing i thought was "Hm.... the timing seems odd."

I mean really its only now that this is an issue? The playoffs under the spotlight.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby lotus on Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:38 pm

Seen this movie before. The allegations are common. Average girl gets a good catch, but when she's told there's no future, she makes a ruckus on the way out. Ruckus = cause trouble + get as much money as you can.

Only time will tell whether she's legit or not. But, I'm tired of this movie. :man5:
lotus

Postby Center Court on Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:39 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:This thread is funny.. no it is FUUUUUUNNNNNYYYY....

3. A month delay is very suspecious in any case involving battery as the pictures can no longer be proven to have happened in the alleged altercation. Fact!
4. A two month delay in filing chargers for a simple domestic charge is outlandish. Fact!

All this stick your chest out "I am smarter than you all" crap is getting old. If he is guilty of assault then the judicial system needs to make him pay. However, as it stands with the early information it smells, sounds, looks, and probably even taste like the many trumped up cases athletes have had to deal with before.

game. set. match
Center Court

Postby Weezy on Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:41 pm

^^^ Yeah, what puffy said, fact.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Mr_Hollywood_Line on Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:53 pm

lotus wrote:Seen this movie before. The allegations are common. Average girl gets a good catch, but when she's told there's no future, she makes a ruckus on the way out. Ruckus = cause trouble + get as much money as you can.

Only time will tell whether she's legit or not. But, I'm tired of this movie. :man5:

+1.

Isn't the name of the movie "Hell Hath No Fury" or something like that? :man12:
Mr_Hollywood_Line

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:54 pm

P&G
bruddahmanmatt

Postby Ariza3 on Tue May 01, 2012 12:20 am

wow. hope he doesnt miss more than game 2. we def need his energy and rebounding. double doubles of the bench easy for him. mcbob better match his energy level and pull a double double out of his [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] :disagree:
Ariza3

Postby JGC on Tue May 01, 2012 12:26 am

Women who are actual victims of assault do not always report the crimes and often do not report them at all. Fact!

Truth is, just as you said, Hill is innocent until proven guilty but that right extends to Jerry Sandusky as well. Not enough information to draw conclusions in Hill's case just yet so lets see what comes out before we call the girl a gold digging prostitute is all I am saying.
JGC

Postby TheOp on Tue May 01, 2012 1:01 am

JGC wrote:

Women who are actual victims of assault do not always report the crimes and often do not report them at all. Fact!

Truth is, just as you said, Hill is innocent until proven guilty but that right extends to Jerry Sandusky as well. Not enough information to draw conclusions in Hill's case just yet so lets see what comes out before we call the girl a gold digging prostitute is all I am saying.

women are gold diggers. Fact.
TheOp

Postby Doc Brown on Tue May 01, 2012 7:05 am

Why are we talking about Jerry Sandusky? Why is it even being compared to this? Hell why is it being brought up?

You can't compare that to this, I mean what the hell, mind = blown.

If I want to call the girl a gold digger, I will. Like Puffy said, there have been too many cases like this where someone gets the shaft and goes out of their way to get as much money as they can and stir as much trouble up as they can. The whole situation follows that to T and if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck......
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby laker911 on Tue May 01, 2012 7:22 am

"That's not choking."

LeBron James-
laker911

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue May 01, 2012 7:28 am

laker911 wrote:"That's not choking."

LeBron James-

LMAO... Nice
puffyusaf#2

Postby revgen on Tue May 01, 2012 7:34 am

JGC wrote:

And she did. 1 month after it supposedly happened. I can buy the idea of a woman not reporting the crime, but to report it a month after it happened and presenting photos that were supposedly from a beating that happened a month earlier? That's not a typical scenario. A woman who doesn't report an assault doesn't typically take pictures of the injuries and hold onto them for a month.

It's also strange that the prosecutor is targeting HIll just as he's becoming a rotation player for the NBA's most popular team, and 1 month after the GF reported the beating. How does it take 1 month to file charges in a simple assault and battery case?

There's nothing typical about this case at all. And that tends to raise suspicions.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue May 01, 2012 7:38 am

JGC wrote:

If you are going to go with that then you might want to also note that men who are victims of assault report them even less than women do. Conversely, women who usually don't report assault is usually in the form of sexual assault more than anyother. Yes, domestic violence goes unreported a great deal but like I said more men fail to report it that women.

I don't recall anyone talking about Sandusky in here or bringing up his case so I am failing to understand the purpose or coorelatation being made. In any event the DA makes cases based on opinions of the facts presented which, as people are pointing out, are pretty sketchy. If the girl left the state and went home, took some pictures at some point, waited a few weeks and then decided that what he did was so wrong that she needs to file charges then I call foul. Even if it was all true the DA would have little to no case because there is no way to prove 3 things: 1) she had the injuries when she left and Hill caused them. 2) She didn't have the alleged injuries before she ever got to Hill. 3) She didn't have someone do it when she got home a day, a week or sometime later. Not making a report directly after the incident or atleast going to a houston hospital after leaving his house makes her entire case not only suspect but almost unwinable.
puffyusaf#2

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion