Jordan Hill: Assault case closed / plea bargain - page 9

Re: Jordan Hill: Charged with assault of ex-girlfriend in Feb

Postby OCLakersFan247 on Tue May 01, 2012 7:43 am

I'm sorry but how do any people on this board (primarily men) know how abused women/allegeldly abused women react to situations/being beat? This entire thing is laughable. No one knows anything - negative or positive about the situation.
"expose foes with hocus pocus flows, they froze, now suckas idealize my chosen blows"-2pac

"Check the Franck Mueller...the color of the Lakers"-Clipse
OCLakersFan247

Postby revgen on Tue May 01, 2012 8:05 am

OCLakersFan247 wrote:I'm sorry but how do any people on this board (primarily men) know how abused women/allegeldly abused women react to situations/being beat? This entire thing is laughable. No one knows anything - negative or positive about the situation.

I'm sorry to say it, but I know a few who've been through it. They either 1) take action right away or 2) they don't do anything. A woman who takes pictures of the bruises but takes no action at all until a month later raises suspicions. At least for me anyway. I'll admit that I'm not a professional, so you might want to ask Punk about it.

Also, check out a thread in the Open Court forum a few months back. I think FrankDux started the topic. Those women typically represent #2.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby jlkr on Tue May 01, 2012 8:25 am

Mr_Hollywood_Line wrote:
lotus wrote:Seen this movie before. The allegations are common. Average girl gets a good catch, but when she's told there's no future, she makes a ruckus on the way out. Ruckus = cause trouble + get as much money as you can.

Only time will tell whether she's legit or not. But, I'm tired of this movie. :man5:

+1.

Isn't the name of the movie "Hell Hath No Fury" or something like that? :man12:

Fact: I've seen this play out in real life: Woman loses meal ticket, woman goes bats--t crazy. That simple.
Opinion: this scenario is likely the case with Hill.
Opinion: the woman is looking for a cash settlement in exchange for refusing to testify to the charge, forcing the prosecutor to drop the case.
Some try to tell me
Thoughts they cannot defend...
--Hayward
jlkr

Postby lAKERfaNaticKID on Tue May 01, 2012 8:45 am

so does anyone know yet if he's playing tonight ?
lAKERfaNaticKID

Postby wcsoldier81 on Tue May 01, 2012 8:51 am

Jordan Hill:I wish I would let somebody hold me down from succeeding..truth will come out sooner or later..but right now..I want a ring..it's GAMETIME!
wcsoldier81

Postby Doc Brown on Tue May 01, 2012 8:57 am

lakerswiz wrote:Well. I obviously hope he's innocent and that the girl wasn't put through anything as traumatic as she's saying.

Assuming he's innocent I'm loving his attitude.

It also kind of sucks how many times us Laker fans have heard "truth will come out sooner or later" because I'm pretty sure it happened with Kwame, Shannon and Barnes all in the last 5 years.

Throw in the recent Kobe, "Church Fight", man went to the hospital with "injured wrist", after investigation there was nothing.

And I am with on the attitude, he seems to be zoned in on making major contributions in getting a ring this year. That in itself is a great sign.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby ChumsGum on Tue May 01, 2012 9:14 am

so is he playing tonight or not?
ChumsGum

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Tue May 01, 2012 9:27 am

He won't miss any games he says... hopefully it's true, we need his expected double double every game.
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue May 01, 2012 9:43 am

OCLakersFan247 wrote:I'm sorry but how do any people on this board (primarily men) know how abused women/allegeldly abused women react to situations/being beat? This entire thing is laughable. No one knows anything - negative or positive about the situation.

Because people live with women. If there are many women being abused that means there are many men that know women who have been abused. No matter how you spin it on average it happens like people have said. They either, 1. Go right to the police or 2. don't go at all. There are always exceptions to that of course but the longer it takes to file a complaint the more likely it is for "other" reasons than justice which usually means money.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby kray28 on Tue May 01, 2012 11:32 am

Doc Brown wrote:
lakerswiz wrote:Well. I obviously hope he's innocent and that the girl wasn't put through anything as traumatic as she's saying.

Assuming he's innocent I'm loving his attitude.

It also kind of sucks how many times us Laker fans have heard "truth will come out sooner or later" because I'm pretty sure it happened with Kwame, Shannon and Barnes all in the last 5 years.

Throw in the recent Kobe, "Church Fight", man went to the hospital with "injured wrist", after investigation there was nothing.

And I am with on the attitude, he seems to be zoned in on making major contributions in getting a ring this year. That in itself is a great sign.

I think the most recent was Caracter on Twitter about his IHOP exploits.

All these idiots need to sit down with a lawyer sometime and learn why it's a bad move to run your mouth on Twitter when you are being investigated for a crime. There's a reason the cops tell you that you have a right to remain silent.

If you are ever arrested, for any cause, just or not, you do not under any circumstances talk to the police, and as a corollary, you do not talk to the public, you do not say anything until you get your phone call and see a lawyer.
kray28

Postby KBJelleyBean24 on Tue May 01, 2012 12:05 pm

I should get an assist for that. It's an intentional pass to oneself, so it's an assist. That way people can't say all I do is shoot.
-Kobe on passing the ball to himself off the backboard.
KBJelleyBean24

Postby JGC on Tue May 01, 2012 1:05 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:

Because people live with women. If there are many women being abused that means there are many men that know women who have been abused. No matter how you spin it on average it happens like people have said. They either, 1. Go right to the police or 2. don't go at all. There are always exceptions to that of course but the longer it takes to file a complaint the more likely it is for "other" reasons than justice which usually means money.

"Because people live with women". That is CLASSIC. Haha. That is such an ignorant comment. I mean, it's no different than the guy who says he isn't racist because "hell, I had a [insert race here] friend once. Heck he was my roommate even." Cmon. LOL. That's just wrong.

Regarding your statement that on average, when a women has been abused, they either go right to the police or not at all, is blatantly false. Did you make that statement based on education/research or just personal opinion because it is almost certainly the latter.
JGC

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue May 01, 2012 2:19 pm

JGC wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:
"Because people live with women". That is CLASSIC. Haha. That is such an ignorant comment. I mean, it's no different than the guy who says he isn't racist because "hell, I had a [insert race here] friend once. Heck he was my roommate even." Cmon. LOL. That's just wrong.

Regarding your statement that on average, when a women has been abused, they either go right to the police or not at all, is blatantly false. Did you make that statement based on education/research or just personal opinion because it is almost certainly the latter.

Ignorant? lol.... You are too funny. Yes, women that have been assaulted and abused actually have fathers, brothers, cousins and other male friends. It isnt some big secret society that women only know or understand. Your example shows you are trying to hard, as usual. I can't even imagine how you can bring the "I have a black friend" response. That shows ignorance.

I base it on actually being around a great deal of people throughout the world. I base it on the countless hours of training the military makes us sit through about domestic abuse, sexual assault and suicide classes for the last 19 years. What did you get your pulpit from? Just plain arrogance? Even if it was my personal opinion then it is just that which still doesn't make the words that come out of your brain any better or more accurate. Again you just talk to talk. Shoking.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby JGC on Tue May 01, 2012 2:33 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
JGC wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:

Ignorant? lol.... You are too funny. Yes, women that have been assaulted and abused actually have fathers, brothers, cousins and other male friends. It isnt some big secret society that women only know or understand. Your example shows you are trying to hard, as usual. I can't even imagine how you can bring the "I have a black friend" response. That shows ignorance.

I base it on actually being around a great deal of people throughout the world. I base it on the countless hours of training the military makes us sit through about domestic abuse, sexual assault and suicide classes for the last 19 years. What did you get your pulpit from? Just plain arrogance? Even if it was my personal opinion then it is just that which still doesn't make the words that come out of your brain any better or more accurate. Again you just talk to talk. Shoking.

I apologize if I upset you man. Yes, I thought to say that you know how the majority of women will respond when they are assaulted is because people live with women. To me, that is as ignorant as it gets.

Interesting. I based mine on being around a great deal of people throughout the world too! Not military, but lived in multiple continents now so seen/read/heard from all different viewpoints and angles. But I did figure you came to your conclusion based on personal assessment because outside of personal experiences, the research suggests that women don't always report assault crimes immediately. It's actually MORE often than not that women don't immediately report assault crimes.

Sorry man but military experience doesn't really carry much weight here. Kudos to you protecting our country but this isn't a military issue at ALL. What makes you think that would carry ANY weight whatsoever? I mean, all soliders are qualified sociologists now? LOL. This is the same group that employed a Don't Ask, Don't Tell policy up until a few months ago so I'm not sure empathy and compassion has been their forte.

But taking BOTH of our personal experiences aside on this matter ... the psychological and sociological research is clear. That it is EXTREMELY common for women to not report assault crimes against them immediately after the crime is committed. FACT!
JGC

Postby TIME on Tue May 01, 2012 2:47 pm

JGC wrote:the research suggests that women don't always report assault crimes immediately. It's actually MORE often than not that women don't immediately report assault crimes.

the psychological and sociological research is clear. That it is EXTREMELY common for women to not report assault crimes against them immediately after the crime is committed. FACT!

Wow, it's a good thing we have someone here with such a strong grasp on "the research" to set us straight. Why don't you link us so we can aspire to be as well informed as you obviously are?
Vitti uttered three words that surely applies to how Bryant made two free throws on one leg, walked off the court on his own and processed his rehabilitation plan amid the pain, frustration and tears.

“That’s really cool.”
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Tue May 01, 2012 2:58 pm

TIME wrote:
JGC wrote:the research suggests that women don't always report assault crimes immediately. It's actually MORE often than not that women don't immediately report assault crimes.

the psychological and sociological research is clear. That it is EXTREMELY common for women to not report assault crimes against them immediately after the crime is committed. FACT!

Wow, it's a good thing we have someone here with such a strong grasp on "the research" to set us straight. Why don't you link us so we can aspire to be as well informed as you obviously are?

He's right in that many women do not immediately report assaults...BUT:

a. he has no numbers to offer up as proof showing the split between women who immediately report abuse crimes versus those who wait

b. he's expecting us to trust him and take his word for it and using "a bunch of unseen numbers" as his "proof"...ridiculous

c. while it is true that many women do not immediately report assaults (while some don't report them at all), this situation with Hill is a special circumstance as it involves a millionaire athlete, so for him to act like "the norm" applies here (even if the numbers he's quoting did support his claim) is just straight ridiculous.

It's pretty obvious to me that he was simply playing devil's advocate in an attempt to get us to remember that this situation involves an assault, his problem is that it MIGHT involve an assault and that Hill MAY have done something wrong. He needs to realize on his end that there has been a history of "conveniently timed gold digging" when it comes to the Lakers in recent years.
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

Postby Alcindor on Tue May 01, 2012 3:17 pm

This thread seems to be getting a bit OT as regards Jordan and the Lakers.

Does anyone know when Jordan has to next appear anywhere on these charges?
Alcindor

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue May 01, 2012 3:51 pm

"JGC"
I apologize if I upset you man. Yes, I thought to say that you know how the majority of women will respond when they are assaulted is because people live with women. To me, that is as ignorant as it gets.

Actually you didn't upset me at all. Your approach of "I know more than you guys" is just old. What I said that history has shown that when it is a serious assault the victim rarely goes home takes pictures and then waits two months to bring it to light. Her actions mimick those who have filed false claims against rich athletes in the past. Does that mean it did not happen? Of course not, cause we don't know since we weren't there in any way.

Interesting. I based mine on being around a great deal of people throughout the world too! Not military, but lived in multiple continents now so seen/read/heard from all different viewpoints and angles. But I did figure you came to your conclusion based on personal assessment because outside of personal experiences, the research suggests that women don't always report assault crimes immediately. It's actually MORE often than not that women don't immediately report assault crimes.

So how does your experience trump anyone elses? And what does the research say is the normal time frame for a woman to report a physical assault? I would say that 2 months is not the norm nor is leaving the state, taking photos later, waiting a few more weeks and then finally contacting the Authorities in Houston. That smells fishy. You don't agree with that so be it.

Sorry man but military experience doesn't really carry much weight here. Kudos to you protecting our country but this isn't a military issue at ALL. What makes you think that would carry ANY weight whatsoever? I mean, all soliders are qualified sociologists now? LOL. This is the same group that employed a Don't Ask, Don't Tell policy up until a few months ago so I'm not sure empathy and compassion has been their forte.

Actually, the military experience means a lot in the sense that our training is based on the stats, the demographics and the denial or both parties during assaults. Didn't say we were sociologist at all. Again, your arrogance shows bright and in full swing. Your world views makes you no greater a critic than any of the rest of us. The ignorance of your last statement is even more telling about you. I won't even get into that with you cause, well, its just added stupidity.

But taking BOTH of our personal experiences aside on this matter ... the psychological and sociological research is clear. That it is EXTREMELY common for women to not report assault crimes against them immediately after the crime is committed. FACT!

You are right I even acknowledged as much. It is also a FACT that a great deal don't gather all the evidence and then waits months to report it. Those are counter actions to women of assault who either stand and fight immediately or are to afraid to report anything. Very rarely do they take the approach this young lady had taken.
puffyusaf#2

Postby kray28 on Tue May 01, 2012 4:36 pm

Alcindor wrote:This thread seems to be getting a bit OT as regards Jordan and the Lakers.

No. But I would guess that his lawyer arranged for Hill to turn himself in tomorrow, appear in front of the judge, pay his bail and get back to basketball after that.
kray28

Postby ChumsGum on Tue May 01, 2012 5:22 pm

hill- "I've been trade to the LA Lakers."
girl- "wohoo! let me pack my bags."
hill- "not so fast, have you seen manhattan/hermosa beach?"
girl- "huh...?"
hill- "sorry baby but I'm going solo."
girl- "baby, take me with you?" *blocks doorway*
hill- "el segundo here I come." *bumps ex on the way out*
girl- *calls lawyer*
ChumsGum

Postby borri on Wed May 02, 2012 9:23 am

kray28 wrote:
Alcindor wrote:This thread seems to be getting a bit OT as regards Jordan and the Lakers.

No. But I would guess that his lawyer arranged for Hill to turn himself in tomorrow, appear in front of the judge, pay his bail and get back to basketball after that.

Depends on where the case is at at the moment.

1. If the DA hasn't filed a case with the court yet, then he'll need to meet them/and or police for questioning. Depends if they are willing to wait til the playoffs are over. If so, Hill won't need to go anywhere til the playoffs are over. If they don't want to wait, it can be done over the phone with lawyer present.

2. If the DA has filed a case with the court, then the court will set a bail hearing. Depending on the court/judge that hearing could be next week or next month. I am sure both parties can petition the court to delay any hearing until the playoffs are over. Yup and like you said, Hill will just pay the bail and leave. He's not a flight risk as he's playing nationally televised games.....

So pretty much, Hill won't miss any time. All of this stuff can be done during the playoffs before any games.
borri

Postby lakers_09tv on Wed May 02, 2012 2:50 pm

Mike Bresnahan ‏ @Mike_Bresnahan

Jordan Hill's felony assault hearing rescheduled for June 8, The Times has learned. An attorney appeared on his behalf yesterday in Houston.
Matt Barnes - "I respect all my opponents but I fear no one."

Deron Williams - “I hate ’em, you know,” he said the other day. “I hate the Lakers. They’re so good. I hate them because they win all the time. They’re a tough team. … We definitely talk about it. It’s not a secret. We hate the Lakers.”
lakers_09tv

Postby jlkr on Wed May 02, 2012 3:47 pm

ChumsGum wrote:hill- "I've been trade to the LA Lakers."
girl- "huh...?"
girl- *calls lawyer*

Just an opinion of course. But funny... thank you

My own opinion hasn't changed: she lost her meal ticket ... everything about the case is understandable from that point of view. At least it is for me. This isn't to denigrate actual victims of assault; it is to only say that this particular case stinks.
Some try to tell me
Thoughts they cannot defend...
--Hayward
jlkr

Postby Kasumi on Wed May 02, 2012 5:56 pm

From a female perspective, if she's just not legit then I want to kick her #$$... there are real women out there being assaulted who won't go to the cops because stupid chicks keep making up crap. There are much better means of revenge that are more creative and won't hurt other women... or a community of Lakers fans.
ImageImage

"Basketball reasons" is as believable coming from Mitch Kupchak as it was coming from David Stern. #IWantedPhil
Kasumi
ClubSpurs.com Administrator

Postby 24K GOLD on Wed May 02, 2012 5:57 pm

ChumsGum wrote:hill- "I've been trade to the LA Lakers."
girl- "huh...?"
girl- *calls lawyer*

Best explanation
I'm joining the communist now.. I don't like World peace...

24K GOLD

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion