Jordan Hill: Assault case closed / plea bargain - page 9

Re: Jordan Hill: Charged with assault of ex-girlfriend in Feb

Postby KBJelleyBean24 on Tue May 01, 2012 12:05 pm

Image
I should get an assist for that. It's an intentional pass to oneself, so it's an assist. That way people can't say all I do is shoot.
-Kobe on passing the ball to himself off the backboard.
User avatar
KBJelleyBean24

 
Posts: 786
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 3:12 pm
Location: Oxnard, CA

Re: Jordan Hill: Charged with assault of ex-girlfriend in Feb

Postby JGC on Tue May 01, 2012 1:05 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
OCLakersFan247 wrote:I'm sorry but how do any people on this board (primarily men) know how abused women/allegeldly abused women react to situations/being beat? This entire thing is laughable. No one knows anything - negative or positive about the situation.


Because people live with women. If there are many women being abused that means there are many men that know women who have been abused. No matter how you spin it on average it happens like people have said. They either, 1. Go right to the police or 2. don't go at all. There are always exceptions to that of course but the longer it takes to file a complaint the more likely it is for "other" reasons than justice which usually means money.


"Because people live with women". That is CLASSIC. Haha. That is such an ignorant comment. I mean, it's no different than the guy who says he isn't racist because "hell, I had a [insert race here] friend once. Heck he was my roommate even." Cmon. LOL. That's just wrong.

Regarding your statement that on average, when a women has been abused, they either go right to the police or not at all, is blatantly false. Did you make that statement based on education/research or just personal opinion because it is almost certainly the latter.
JGC

 
Posts: 3781
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:07 am

Re: Jordan Hill: Charged with assault of ex-girlfriend in Feb

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue May 01, 2012 2:19 pm

JGC wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:
"Because people live with women". That is CLASSIC. Haha. That is such an ignorant comment. I mean, it's no different than the guy who says he isn't racist because "hell, I had a [insert race here] friend once. Heck he was my roommate even." Cmon. LOL. That's just wrong.

Regarding your statement that on average, when a women has been abused, they either go right to the police or not at all, is blatantly false. Did you make that statement based on education/research or just personal opinion because it is almost certainly the latter.


Ignorant? lol.... You are too funny. Yes, women that have been assaulted and abused actually have fathers, brothers, cousins and other male friends. It isnt some big secret society that women only know or understand. Your example shows you are trying to hard, as usual. I can't even imagine how you can bring the "I have a black friend" response. That shows ignorance.

I base it on actually being around a great deal of people throughout the world. I base it on the countless hours of training the military makes us sit through about domestic abuse, sexual assault and suicide classes for the last 19 years. What did you get your pulpit from? Just plain arrogance? Even if it was my personal opinion then it is just that which still doesn't make the words that come out of your brain any better or more accurate. Again you just talk to talk. Shoking.
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
User avatar
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator
 
Posts: 31459
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: Making folks sexy with dancin'

Re: Jordan Hill: Charged with assault of ex-girlfriend in Feb

Postby JGC on Tue May 01, 2012 2:33 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
JGC wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:
"Because people live with women". That is CLASSIC. Haha. That is such an ignorant comment. I mean, it's no different than the guy who says he isn't racist because "hell, I had a [insert race here] friend once. Heck he was my roommate even." Cmon. LOL. That's just wrong.

Regarding your statement that on average, when a women has been abused, they either go right to the police or not at all, is blatantly false. Did you make that statement based on education/research or just personal opinion because it is almost certainly the latter.


Ignorant? lol.... You are too funny. Yes, women that have been assaulted and abused actually have fathers, brothers, cousins and other male friends. It isnt some big secret society that women only know or understand. Your example shows you are trying to hard, as usual. I can't even imagine how you can bring the "I have a black friend" response. That shows ignorance.

I base it on actually being around a great deal of people throughout the world. I base it on the countless hours of training the military makes us sit through about domestic abuse, sexual assault and suicide classes for the last 19 years. What did you get your pulpit from? Just plain arrogance? Even if it was my personal opinion then it is just that which still doesn't make the words that come out of your brain any better or more accurate. Again you just talk to talk. Shoking.


I apologize if I upset you man. Yes, I thought to say that you know how the majority of women will respond when they are assaulted is because people live with women. To me, that is as ignorant as it gets.

Interesting. I based mine on being around a great deal of people throughout the world too! Not military, but lived in multiple continents now so seen/read/heard from all different viewpoints and angles. But I did figure you came to your conclusion based on personal assessment because outside of personal experiences, the research suggests that women don't always report assault crimes immediately. It's actually MORE often than not that women don't immediately report assault crimes.

Sorry man but military experience doesn't really carry much weight here. Kudos to you protecting our country but this isn't a military issue at ALL. What makes you think that would carry ANY weight whatsoever? I mean, all soliders are qualified sociologists now? LOL. This is the same group that employed a Don't Ask, Don't Tell policy up until a few months ago so I'm not sure empathy and compassion has been their forte.

But taking BOTH of our personal experiences aside on this matter ... the psychological and sociological research is clear. That it is EXTREMELY common for women to not report assault crimes against them immediately after the crime is committed. FACT!
JGC

 
Posts: 3781
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:07 am

Re: Jordan Hill: Charged with assault of ex-girlfriend in Feb

Postby TIME on Tue May 01, 2012 2:47 pm

JGC wrote:the research suggests that women don't always report assault crimes immediately. It's actually MORE often than not that women don't immediately report assault crimes.

the psychological and sociological research is clear. That it is EXTREMELY common for women to not report assault crimes against them immediately after the crime is committed. FACT!


Wow, it's a good thing we have someone here with such a strong grasp on "the research" to set us straight. Why don't you link us so we can aspire to be as well informed as you obviously are?
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
User avatar
TIME
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 9437
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:06 am

Re: Jordan Hill: Charged with assault of ex-girlfriend in Feb

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Tue May 01, 2012 2:58 pm

TIME wrote:
JGC wrote:the research suggests that women don't always report assault crimes immediately. It's actually MORE often than not that women don't immediately report assault crimes.

the psychological and sociological research is clear. That it is EXTREMELY common for women to not report assault crimes against them immediately after the crime is committed. FACT!


Wow, it's a good thing we have someone here with such a strong grasp on "the research" to set us straight. Why don't you link us so we can aspire to be as well informed as you obviously are?


He's right in that many women do not immediately report assaults...BUT:

a. he has no numbers to offer up as proof showing the split between women who immediately report abuse crimes versus those who wait

b. he's expecting us to trust him and take his word for it and using "a bunch of unseen numbers" as his "proof"...ridiculous

c. while it is true that many women do not immediately report assaults (while some don't report them at all), this situation with Hill is a special circumstance as it involves a millionaire athlete, so for him to act like "the norm" applies here (even if the numbers he's quoting did support his claim) is just straight ridiculous.

It's pretty obvious to me that he was simply playing devil's advocate in an attempt to get us to remember that this situation involves an assault, his problem is that it MIGHT involve an assault and that Hill MAY have done something wrong. He needs to realize on his end that there has been a history of "conveniently timed gold digging" when it comes to the Lakers in recent years.
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

 
Posts: 12218
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:57 am

Re: Jordan Hill: Charged with assault of ex-girlfriend in Feb

Postby Alcindor on Tue May 01, 2012 3:17 pm

This thread seems to be getting a bit OT as regards Jordan and the Lakers.

Does anyone know when Jordan has to next appear anywhere on these charges?
User avatar
Alcindor

 
Posts: 1832
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:22 pm
Location: North Hollywood

Re: Jordan Hill: Charged with assault of ex-girlfriend in Feb

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue May 01, 2012 3:51 pm

"JGC"
I apologize if I upset you man. Yes, I thought to say that you know how the majority of women will respond when they are assaulted is because people live with women. To me, that is as ignorant as it gets.

Actually you didn't upset me at all. Your approach of "I know more than you guys" is just old. What I said that history has shown that when it is a serious assault the victim rarely goes home takes pictures and then waits two months to bring it to light. Her actions mimick those who have filed false claims against rich athletes in the past. Does that mean it did not happen? Of course not, cause we don't know since we weren't there in any way.

Interesting. I based mine on being around a great deal of people throughout the world too! Not military, but lived in multiple continents now so seen/read/heard from all different viewpoints and angles. But I did figure you came to your conclusion based on personal assessment because outside of personal experiences, the research suggests that women don't always report assault crimes immediately. It's actually MORE often than not that women don't immediately report assault crimes.

So how does your experience trump anyone elses? And what does the research say is the normal time frame for a woman to report a physical assault? I would say that 2 months is not the norm nor is leaving the state, taking photos later, waiting a few more weeks and then finally contacting the Authorities in Houston. That smells fishy. You don't agree with that so be it.

Sorry man but military experience doesn't really carry much weight here. Kudos to you protecting our country but this isn't a military issue at ALL. What makes you think that would carry ANY weight whatsoever? I mean, all soliders are qualified sociologists now? LOL. This is the same group that employed a Don't Ask, Don't Tell policy up until a few months ago so I'm not sure empathy and compassion has been their forte.

Actually, the military experience means a lot in the sense that our training is based on the stats, the demographics and the denial or both parties during assaults. Didn't say we were sociologist at all. Again, your arrogance shows bright and in full swing. Your world views makes you no greater a critic than any of the rest of us. The ignorance of your last statement is even more telling about you. I won't even get into that with you cause, well, its just added stupidity.

But taking BOTH of our personal experiences aside on this matter ... the psychological and sociological research is clear. That it is EXTREMELY common for women to not report assault crimes against them immediately after the crime is committed. FACT!

You are right I even acknowledged as much. It is also a FACT that a great deal don't gather all the evidence and then waits months to report it. Those are counter actions to women of assault who either stand and fight immediately or are to afraid to report anything. Very rarely do they take the approach this young lady had taken.
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
User avatar
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator
 
Posts: 31459
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: Making folks sexy with dancin'

Re: Jordan Hill: Charged with assault of ex-girlfriend in Feb

Postby kray28 on Tue May 01, 2012 4:36 pm

Alcindor wrote:This thread seems to be getting a bit OT as regards Jordan and the Lakers.

Does anyone know when Jordan has to next appear anywhere on these charges?


No. But I would guess that his lawyer arranged for Hill to turn himself in tomorrow, appear in front of the judge, pay his bail and get back to basketball after that.
Image
User avatar
kray28

 
Posts: 21275
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 8:16 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: Jordan Hill: Charged with assault of ex-girlfriend in Feb

Postby ChumsGum on Tue May 01, 2012 5:22 pm

hill- "I've been trade to the LA Lakers."
girl- "wohoo! let me pack my bags."
hill- "not so fast, have you seen manhattan/hermosa beach?"
girl- "huh...?"
hill- "sorry baby but I'm going solo."
girl- "baby, take me with you?" *blocks doorway*
hill- "el segundo here I come." *bumps ex on the way out*
girl- *calls lawyer*
User avatar
ChumsGum

 
Posts: 594
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:33 am

Re: Jordan Hill: Charged with assault of ex-girlfriend in Feb

Postby borri on Wed May 02, 2012 9:23 am

kray28 wrote:
Alcindor wrote:This thread seems to be getting a bit OT as regards Jordan and the Lakers.

Does anyone know when Jordan has to next appear anywhere on these charges?


No. But I would guess that his lawyer arranged for Hill to turn himself in tomorrow, appear in front of the judge, pay his bail and get back to basketball after that.


Depends on where the case is at at the moment.

1. If the DA hasn't filed a case with the court yet, then he'll need to meet them/and or police for questioning. Depends if they are willing to wait til the playoffs are over. If so, Hill won't need to go anywhere til the playoffs are over. If they don't want to wait, it can be done over the phone with lawyer present.

2. If the DA has filed a case with the court, then the court will set a bail hearing. Depending on the court/judge that hearing could be next week or next month. I am sure both parties can petition the court to delay any hearing until the playoffs are over. Yup and like you said, Hill will just pay the bail and leave. He's not a flight risk as he's playing nationally televised games.....

So pretty much, Hill won't miss any time. All of this stuff can be done during the playoffs before any games.
User avatar
borri

 
Posts: 8035
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:16 pm

Re: Jordan Hill: Charged with assault of ex-girlfriend in Feb

Postby lakers_09tv on Wed May 02, 2012 2:50 pm

Mike Bresnahan ‏ @Mike_Bresnahan

Jordan Hill's felony assault hearing rescheduled for June 8, The Times has learned. An attorney appeared on his behalf yesterday in Houston.
Image
Matt Barnes - "I respect all my opponents but I fear no one."

Deron Williams - “I hate ’em, you know,” he said the other day. “I hate the Lakers. They’re so good. I hate them because they win all the time. They’re a tough team. … We definitely talk about it. It’s not a secret. We hate the Lakers.”
User avatar
lakers_09tv

 
Posts: 5798
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: Jordan Hill: Charged with assault of ex-girlfriend in Feb

Postby jlkr on Wed May 02, 2012 3:47 pm

ChumsGum wrote:hill- "I've been trade to the LA Lakers."
girl- "wohoo! let me pack my bags."
hill- "not so fast, have you seen manhattan/hermosa beach?"
girl- "huh...?"
hill- "sorry baby but I'm going solo."
girl- "baby, take me with you?" *blocks doorway*
hill- "el segundo here I come." *bumps ex on the way out*
girl- *calls lawyer*

Just an opinion of course. But funny... thank you

My own opinion hasn't changed: she lost her meal ticket ... everything about the case is understandable from that point of view. At least it is for me. This isn't to denigrate actual victims of assault; it is to only say that this particular case stinks.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

--Robert Frost
User avatar
jlkr

 
Posts: 4199
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:19 pm
Location: your friendly neighborhood bar

Re: Jordan Hill: Charged with assault of ex-girlfriend in Feb

Postby Kasumi on Wed May 02, 2012 5:56 pm

From a female perspective, if she's just not legit then I want to kick her #$$... there are real women out there being assaulted who won't go to the cops because stupid chicks keep making up crap. There are much better means of revenge that are more creative and won't hurt other women... or a community of Lakers fans.
ImageImage

You can now find me over at www.LakersBall.com
User avatar
Kasumi
ClubSpurs.com Administrator
 
Posts: 7479
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 7:25 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: Jordan Hill: Charged with assault of ex-girlfriend in Feb

Postby 24K GOLD on Wed May 02, 2012 5:57 pm

ChumsGum wrote:hill- "I've been trade to the LA Lakers."
girl- "wohoo! let me pack my bags."
hill- "not so fast, have you seen manhattan/hermosa beach?"
girl- "huh...?"
hill- "sorry baby but I'm going solo."
girl- "baby, take me with you?" *blocks doorway*
hill- "el segundo here I come." *bumps ex on the way out*
girl- *calls lawyer*

Best explanation
I'm joining the communist now.. I don't like World peace...

Image
User avatar
24K GOLD

 
Posts: 1524
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:41 am
Location: Camp Nou

Re: Jordan Hill: Charged with assault of ex-girlfriend in Feb

Postby hollywood swinger on Wed May 02, 2012 9:33 pm

Image
the posting artist formally known as west-magic-kobe 8/2004
User avatar
hollywood swinger

 
Posts: 3149
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:43 pm

Re: Jordan Hill: Charged with assault of ex-girlfriend in Feb

Postby JSM on Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:32 am

Ben Bolch of the LA Times wrote:Jordan Hill’s attorney said late Monday night that he hopes to reach “some kind of resolution” in the felony assault case involving the Lakers power forward by the time the team opens training camp Oct. 2, if not shortly thereafter.

“I hope within the next week or two we can get something done,” attorney Rusty Hardin Jr. said in a telephone interview.

Hill faces third-degree felony assault charges for allegedly choking a former girlfriend in February at a time when he played for the Houston Rockets.

Should the case proceed to trial, Hardin said, it would not be a distraction for Hill until after a season that is expected to stretch into June. Hill faces up to 10 years in prison if convicted.

“There’s not going to be a trial during the season," Hardin said, "not because he’s a [pro] basketball player but because of the normal progression of the trial setting. It would be sometime next year.”

Hill signed a two-year contract with the Lakers for $7 million in July after playing well late in the regular season and the playoffs, when he logged three double-doubles in a span of six games.

“He’s very eager to get this behind him and concentrate on playing basketball,” Hardin said.

An attorney representing the Harris County (Texas) district attorney's office did not return a call seeking comment.
User avatar
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator
 
Posts: 94033
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2003 3:40 pm
Location: Atlanta

Re: Jordan Hill: Charged with assault of ex-girlfriend in Feb

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:34 am

I think we all know he's not gonna be doing anytime on this.
Image
User avatar
Texas Lakers Fan

 
Posts: 5438
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:26 am

Re: Jordan Hill: Charged with assault of ex-girlfriend in Feb

Postby LTLakerFan on Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:43 am

Tex.....love your "5" man lineup sig :jam2: Ron Ron ....errrrr....Met Met is going to be a beast for us this year.
LTLakerFan

 
Posts: 6501
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:44 pm
Location: SoCal

Re: Jordan Hill: Charged with assault of ex-girlfriend in Feb

Postby Finwë on Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:31 pm

"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
User avatar
Finwë

 
Posts: 8078
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:32 pm

Re: Jordan Hill: Charged with assault of ex-girlfriend in Feb

Postby Doc Brown on Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:48 am

Max Luckan ‏@MaxLuckan
#Lakers F Jordan Hill sentenced to one year of probation.
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite


Jordan Hill takes deal in assault case
Updated: September 27, 2012, 12:58 PM ET
Associated Press
15
50
18
EMAIL
PRINT
HOUSTON -- Los Angeles Lakers forward Jordan Hill has pleaded no contest to assaulting his girlfriend in February and was sentenced to one year of probation.

Hill, 25, will also have to pay a $500 fine and undergo counseling. The assault charge was reduced from a felony to a misdemeanor.

More on the Lakers

For more news, notes and analysis of the Lakers, check out the Land O' Lakers blog from the Kamenetzky Brothers. Blog

Hill is charged with assaulting Darlene Luna on Feb. 29 at his apartment while the New York Knicks' former first-round draft pick was playing for the Houston Rockets.

Luna, 29, cried on the witness stand as she recalled the incident and claimed Hill still hasn't apologized. The two avoided eye contact while they were in the courtroom together.

The 6-foot-10 Hill played for Houston from February 2010 until March, when he was traded to Los Angeles.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 19446
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Jordan Hill: Charged with assault of ex-girlfriend in Feb

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:04 am

LTLakerFan wrote:Tex.....love your "5" man lineup sig :jam2: Ron Ron ....errrrr....Met Met is going to be a beast for us this year.

Thanks it's not really mine though lol. It's the pic from th schedule wallpaper. I just cut it out.
Image
User avatar
Texas Lakers Fan

 
Posts: 5438
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:26 am

Re: Jordan Hill: Charged with assault of ex-girlfriend in Feb

Postby therealdeal on Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:21 am

What does the probation entail?... what is he restricted from?
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Jordan Hill: Charged with assault of ex-girlfriend in Feb

Postby The Laker Link on Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:48 am

therealdeal wrote:What does the probation entail?... what is he restricted from?
User avatar
The Laker Link

 
Posts: 8088
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:16 pm
Location: Orange, CA and Provo, UT

Re: Jordan Hill: Charged with assault of ex-girlfriend in Feb

Postby revgen on Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:25 pm

therealdeal wrote:What does the probation entail?... what is he restricted from?


He's restricted from seeing his ex-GF. Which I'm sure he's perfectly fine with.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru
 
Posts: 21723
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:53 pm
Location: Southern California

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], MSNbot Media and 7 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.