Jordan Hill: Assault case closed / plea bargain - page 9

Re: Jordan Hill Charged? For Choking Family Member

Postby lakerfan2 on Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:50 am

The woman flew back to her residence in Orlando and called police in Houston about four weeks later, on March 29. Luna emailed pictures of bruises on her legs and upper body and also copies of plane tickets to and from Houston. She had been in a relationship with Hill for about two years.

Yeah...that's gonna work against her. Dumb @#%*$.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby XXIV on Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:52 am

Why would you wait 4 weeks to report a beating? Oh wait that's because you're probably a gold digger. :disagree:
XXIV

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:53 am

therealdeal wrote:bruddah and lakers_09 that's enough.

:man10:

I'm already ignoring his garbage bait posts, calm down man. lol

*Edit*

I just wanna make it clear, I'm not laughing at you, I just thought it was funny that I ignored his last post and then you came flying in 10 minutes later with the double technical is all.
Last edited by bruddahmanmatt on Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

Postby The Rock on Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:53 am

lakerfan2 wrote:

The woman flew back to her residence in Orlando and called police in Houston about four weeks later, on March 29. Luna emailed pictures of bruises on her legs and upper body and also copies of plane tickets to and from Houston. She had been in a relationship with Hill for about two years.

But the DA thought that was enough to file charges. Really really strange

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby 24K GOLD on Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:53 am

XXIV wrote:Why would you wait 4 weeks to report a beating? Oh wait that's because you're probably a gold digger. :disagree:
I'm joining the communist now.. I don't like World peace...

24K GOLD

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:02 pm

The Rock wrote:
lakerfan2 wrote:

But the DA thought that was enough to file charges. Really really strange

DA trying to make a name for themselves with hi-profile player. Same as always.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby NewDynasty on Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:03 pm

Its all BS...another gold digger trying to get paid and a DA trying to make a name for himself.
NewDynasty

Postby therealdeal on Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:17 pm

bruddahmanmatt wrote:
therealdeal wrote:bruddah and lakers_09 that's enough.

I'm already ignoring his garbage bait posts, calm down man. lol

*Edit*

I just wanna make it clear, I'm not laughing at you, I just thought it was funny that I ignored his last post and then you came flying in 10 minutes later with the double technical is all.

I made the post as soon as I read the thread. I had no idea when the last exchange was, but we're getting this thread back on track.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Finwë on Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:31 pm

SMH.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Re: Jordan Hill Charged? For Choking Ex Girlfriend (back in Feb)

Postby TrillyandTruly on Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:36 pm

The incident took place on Feb 29. Hill get's traded to the Lakers on March 15. 2 weeks later, she file charges....

LMAO. Complete and utter BS. Like someone already mentioned, but Hill will not get any jail time. The charges will be dropped, and the settlement will be disclosed for an "unknown" amount of money.
Last edited by TrillyandTruly on Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My entourage is in camouflage; remove your mask, let down your visage...
TrillyandTruly

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:38 pm

Of course the real question here is whether or not a cake was thrown.

© bruddahmanmatt
Last edited by bruddahmanmatt on Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

Postby kray28 on Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:39 pm

lakerfan2 wrote:

I don't know who is dumber, the accuser or the genius DA that filed the charges.
kray28

Postby Frank Dux on Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:16 pm

Ahhhhh the good ol' U.S.A. where women can destroy the lives of their men without consequence.
Last edited by Frank Dux on Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Frank Dux

Postby JGC on Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:27 pm

I love how people are discounting this when there could be a real victim at play here. Best bet is to let the situation play itself out, and let justice take its course rather than assume no Laker player has ever been legitimately charged with a crime and that all non-Laker players are definitely guilty.
JGC

Postby lakers_09tv on Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:28 pm

Mike Bresnahan ‏ @Mike_Bresnahan

I've been told that Jordan Hill *must* appear in person Tuesday at a Houston court at 9:30 a.m. CT. The Lakers play host to DEN at 7:30 p.m.
Matt Barnes - "I respect all my opponents but I fear no one."

Deron Williams - “I hate ’em, you know,” he said the other day. “I hate the Lakers. They’re so good. I hate them because they win all the time. They’re a tough team. … We definitely talk about it. It’s not a secret. We hate the Lakers.”
lakers_09tv

Postby JGC on Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:30 pm

24K GOLD wrote:
XXIV wrote:Why would you wait 4 weeks to report a beating? Oh wait that's because you're probably a gold digger. :disagree:

Yeah but the problem is then at what point to do you want set the statute of limitations on an assault? 2 weeks? 3 days? 24 hours?

Maybe she was afraid. Maybe she thought she would try to work it out with him and after 4 weeks decided it wasn't worth it and decided to file then. I mean ... I know it's inconvenient for us, but I'm not sure how the fact that she waited 4 weeks to file can ONLY mean it never happened.
JGC

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:31 pm

lakers_09tv wrote:
Mike Bresnahan ‏ @Mike_Bresnahan

I've been told that Jordan Hill *must* appear in person Tuesday at a Houston court at 9:30 a.m. CT. The Lakers play host to DEN at 7:30 p.m.

He can definitely make it back in time. If he's allowed/not suspended, he will make it back before the game. Unless of course he does what his ex girlfriend did in that situation and not tell the Lakers he has a problem for 4 weeks.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby kray28 on Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:35 pm

JGC wrote:I love how people are discounting this when there could be a real victim at play here. Best bet is to let the situation play itself out, and let justice take its course rather than assume no Laker player has ever been legitimately charged with a crime and that all non-Laker players are definitely guilty.

People are discounting it because:

1. It sounds fishy.
2. Due process

If there's a real assault, you don't wait 4 weeks to file charges, with no physical evidence to boot.

All Hill needs is a halfway decent lawyer here. They can't convict him based on the evidence that supposedly exists. I mean, you could file charges, and have it go to trial, but Hill would be acquitted....because there's no proof that he committed the assault. Unless there were witnesses to that actual assault.

If there were eyewitnesses, he would have been charged long ago.
kray28

Postby KBJelleyBean24 on Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:41 pm

Troy Murphy must have secretly paid his girlfriend to file charges so he could get some PT.
That sneaky bastard. :man12:
I should get an assist for that. It's an intentional pass to oneself, so it's an assist. That way people can't say all I do is shoot.
-Kobe on passing the ball to himself off the backboard.
KBJelleyBean24

Postby lakersfever on Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:49 pm

Idiot Texans. I smell conspiracy. They saw the Lakers aren't going to be a pushover in the playoff this year so they tried to create some distractions; anything to give their Spurs and Mavs an edge over the mighty Lakers. In the end, Lakers are gonna take it all anyways. I could then laugh at their futile attempt to prevent the inevitable, another Lakers championship.
lakersfever

Postby TIME on Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:50 pm

JGC wrote:
Maybe she was afraid. Maybe she thought she would try to work it out with him and after 4 weeks decided it wasn't worth it and decided to file then. I mean ... I know it's inconvenient for us, but I'm not sure how the fact that she waited 4 weeks to file can ONLY mean it never happened.

If she was afraid, that's when you go immediately to the police.

If she was trying to work it out? Are you suggesting that would be a legitimate reason to delay a month to file charges? Criminal charges are not something you file on a relationship's whim. Either he committed a crime worthy of charges or he did not. If he did, you file. If he didn't you don't. But either way the last thing you do is decide based on whether you still want him as your boyfriend.

He may well have assaulted her, but there is no valid justification for flying to another city, then waiting a month to file charges.
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby lAKERfaNaticKID on Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:52 pm

OH MAN WHAT A RELIEF!!!

when i read the title i taught it meant he'll be back in FEB. NEXT YEAR! lol ..whew!

ok so now lets hope he doesnt miss any games
lAKERfaNaticKID

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:59 pm

Lakers distancing themselves from the incident:

"We are aware of the media reports alleging an incident involving Jordan Hill from two months ago when he was a member of the Houston Rockets," the statement read. "We do not have any details regarding these reports and therefore, as well as due to the personal and legal aspects, it would not be appropriate for us to comment. Any further inquiries regarding this should be directed to Jordan's representative."
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

Postby therealdeal on Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:03 pm

Lakers: "Uh...we don't know. Go ask them, it wasn't us." *slams door*
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:05 pm

therealdeal wrote::man10:

Lakers: "Uh...we don't know. Go ask them, it wasn't us." *slams door*

Pretty much. They handle drama very well though. Mike Brown's "I didn't see it" when asked about Ron's elbow was particularly entertaining and better than Doc Rivers attempting to justify Rondo's chest bumping of an official.
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion