Jordan Hill Discussion: Back for 2 yr/$18 mil

Re: Jordan Hill Discussion: Out for Spurs series (64)

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:32 am

I'd trade Pau for all wing/backcourt players and resign Jamison/Clark.

Jamison/Clark
D12/Hill

Lure Jamison back by giving him the starting spot. We need backcourt help in the worst way possible. With D12 coming back fully healthy next year, our big rotation is going to be solid. We need to address the glaring weakness at SF/SG/PG.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby last stand on Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:24 am

Doc Brown wrote:I'd trade Pau for all wing/backcourt players and resign Jamison/Clark.

Jamison/Clark
D12/Hill

Lure Jamison back by giving him the starting spot. We need backcourt help in the worst way possible. With D12 coming back fully healthy next year, our big rotation is going to be solid. We need to address the glaring weakness at SF/SG/PG.

i'd love something like gasol and maybe meeks for jeff green, avery Bradley, and Courtney lee
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby khmrP on Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:27 am

so he's out for sure in the series but we dress him anyways? :freak2:
khmrP

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:28 am

I would take a Jeff Green or Avery Bradley in a minute. Unfortunately, Ainge isn't stupid enough to trade Bradley or Green in a package or individually. We do need those types of players, though. I agree with you there.
dwighthowardsdad

Postby last stand on Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:38 am

dwighthowardsdad wrote:I would take a Jeff Green or Avery Bradley in a minute. Unfortunately, Ainge isn't stupid enough to trade Bradley or Green in a package or individually. We do need those types of players, though. I agree with you there.

depends. the way pau is playing right now, KG and pierce on their last legs. green and Bradley are supporting pieces not centerpieces. maybe they feel a

pau
KG/ bass
pierce
Crawford
rondo/ terry

and some signings can compete. they've wanted pau for a while. maybe they'll give up their great role players for another centerpiece in order to get an advantage on Miami. besides pau and KG would work incredibly on offense

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby therealdeal on Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:10 am

We're not going to pay Green 8 million per year and ruin a chance at nabbing a great Free Agent in 2014. It's not going to happen.

IF we have any long term contracts, they'll be of the very, very cheap variety.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby last stand on Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:15 am

therealdeal wrote:We're not going to pay Green 8 million per year and ruin a chance at nabbing a great Free Agent in 2014. It's not going to happen.

i'm pretty certain the 2014 plan much like the 2007 plan will fly right by with nothing happening. if we get a new star to pair with dwight it'll be through trade

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby therealdeal on Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:41 pm

last stand wrote:
therealdeal wrote:We're not going to pay Green 8 million per year and ruin a chance at nabbing a great Free Agent in 2014. It's not going to happen.

i'm pretty certain the 2014 plan much like the 2007 plan will fly right by with nothing happening. if we get a new star to pair with dwight it'll be through trade

I disagree.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Chillbongo on Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:18 pm

last stand wrote:

I don't know man. 2007 was a different time. Phil at coach. Developing beast in Bynum. PRIME KOBE BRYANT. PRIME. Prime/high level Odom.

This roster is completely different. All aged players except D12. Who clearly needs help. And isn't his former self. We will be needing someone...whether to pair with Kobe and Dwight, just Dwight, or.....to be the new face.
Chillbongo

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:24 pm

The thing about the 2014 plan is that we have to bank on Lebron/Melo/Gay opting out of their deals, while we can sign Granger out right since he will be a FA. His knee is a concern though.

It might not be a bad thing to get D12 + role players in line and then reserving enough cap to sign a max player if they do opt out. Otherwise we will have a bunch of room and have to go the Mavs plan of signing a bunch of guys in hopes of meshing.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby last stand on Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:02 pm

Doc Brown wrote:The thing about the 2014 plan is that we have to bank on Lebron/Melo/Gay opting out of their deals, while we can sign Granger out right since he will be a FA. His knee is a concern though.

It might not be a bad thing to get D12 + role players in line and then reserving enough cap to sign a max player if they do opt out. Otherwise we will have a bunch of room and have to go the Mavs plan of signing a bunch of guys in hopes of meshing.

And of the possibles only melo intrigues me since at this point Lebron is going nowhere and gay isn't a 2nd option on a title contending team

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby therealdeal on Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:03 pm

Doc Brown wrote:The thing about the 2014 plan is that we have to bank on Lebron/Melo/Gay opting out of their deals, while we can sign Granger out right since he will be a FA. His knee is a concern though.

I think the Lakers/Mitch are just waiting for that homerun. Whether it's in trades or free agency. They're just waiting for that right pitch to come at them and they'll swing away. If it's LeBron, so be it. If it's someone else, they'll pull the trigger there too.

But they aren't just going to close the door on the 2014 plan without having a pretty good idea of someone who they'll go after hard that summer. They aren't going to go through 2013-2014 missing opportunities if there are some to be had. But they won't rush either.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby last stand on Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:08 pm

The only real "home runs" I see are melo, wall in 2014 and kyrie in 2015

And that's assuming each makes it to the market

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby therealdeal on Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:09 pm

There's been plenty of talk about who will be available, when, and how the Lakers might get to them. There's plenty more names than those.

But this is all very off topic.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Chillbongo on Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:11 pm

I still think a star PG is our best bet with this league. Complement him with Dwight and have a Batum-type player at SF. Power forward and shooting guard need to be able to shoot and play D. It could even still be Kobe, for a lot cheaper.

Wall, Irving, Curry, Paul :man1:
Chillbongo

Postby Chillbongo on Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:12 pm

and that's why Jordan Hill will still be a great asset to this team in 2014. solid bench is necessary as well :man12:
Chillbongo

Postby DirtySoap on Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:32 pm

Obviously love all the praise that Jordan Hill has been receiving (people scoffed when I started this thread), but wish we could see him on the floor more often to really assess what we have in him. If Earl Clark would have gotten injured ten games into his run earlier this year we'd probably all be thinking we had a budding all-star on our team, but time, fatigue, and defensive adjustments have a way of catching up to most players. That being said, still think that Jordan Hill is an excellent guy coming off the bench, just not sure I would suggest that he start next to Dwight next year as some folks have speculated.
DirtySoap

Postby therealdeal on Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:04 am

Well...
1. I don't know that anyone called either Hill or Clark budding All-Stars. At their very, very best they're both capable of starting for a team but I think that's about it. Both of them, especially Hill, are very aggressive, use their bodies well, and have the ability to fight for rebounds, baskets, and have a nice defensive impact.

2. Starting next to Howard isn't so far fetched, although I think his more natural position is off the bench. He's a 10/10 guy who can throw in a block or so a game. That's pretty damn good. Put that next to Dwight and there won't be much rebounds for other teams around the rim.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby LooN3y on Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:16 am

Doc Brown wrote:
last stand wrote:Might be our starter next season. Has to improve his mid range jumper

He showed great improvement from his time in preseason up until his injury. Before he was just a garbage guy getting put backs, but this year he had some nice moves to go along with it.

Agreed with the jumper. He's shown flashes with it, if he get develop some consistency with it, it will be huge.

Unless MDA decides not to play him. :freak2:

great hustle player, but him being our starting PF isnt going to solve anything,

rather have gasol if had to choose one, have both? id take that too, but think about Howard and Hill together on the floor.

its going to be horrible, stagnant offense. you guys seriously want him shooting mid rangers? its fools gold, i know he was making them a couple times this season, but what happened in that stretch where he got confident and just bricked for a pretty long period of time. thats whats going to happen.

you guys talk about jordans mid range game as its a good thing, a perk, something pau cant do. lol him hitting the mid range J is a bonus.

him and dwight in the paint, i for see clogging.
LooN3y

Postby khmrP on Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:38 am

LooN3y wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:
last stand wrote:Might be our starter next season. Has to improve his mid range jumper

He showed great improvement from his time in preseason up until his injury. Before he was just a garbage guy getting put backs, but this year he had some nice moves to go along with it.

Agreed with the jumper. He's shown flashes with it, if he get develop some consistency with it, it will be huge.

Unless MDA decides not to play him. :freak2:

great hustle player, but him being our starting PF isnt going to solve anything,

rather have gasol if had to choose one, have both? id take that too, but think about Howard and Hill together on the floor.

its going to be horrible, stagnant offense. you guys seriously want him shooting mid rangers? its fools gold, i know he was making them a couple times this season, but what happened in that stretch where he got confident and just bricked for a pretty long period of time. thats whats going to happen.

you guys talk about jordans mid range game as its a good thing, a perk, something pau cant do. lol him hitting the mid range J is a bonus.

him and dwight in the paint, i for see clogging.

OKC seems fine with Porkins and Ibaka, the way Hill was hitting them I dont seem being anyworse than ibaka from 16ft out.
khmrP

Postby wcsoldier81 on Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:09 am

^^^^ Ibaka has become very reliable from midrange ... 48% which is very good and he starts expanding his range to corner 3s ... he's 60% from 10 to 16ft too ..

Hill is 13 out of 40 from 16 to 23ft ... good for 32.5%
wcsoldier81

Postby khmrP on Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:11 am

wcsoldier81 wrote:^^^^ Ibaka has become very reliable from midrange ... 48% which is very good and he starts expanding his range to corner 3s ... he's 60% from 10 to 16ft too ..

Hill is 13 out of 40 from 16 to 23ft ... good for 32.5%

well judging from his ny/hou days to now, I'd say he has steadily improve, so he is putting in the work. Its like Ibaka started out shooting 48% from out there either.
khmrP

Postby wcsoldier81 on Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:19 am

Sure but Hill is improving from a very low level ... it's not like he's going to shoot around 45% anytime soon ... 40% is already a stretch for Jordan
wcsoldier81

Postby The Rock on Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

NICE

https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/327114351607685121

Three months after hip surgery, Lakers forward Jordan Hill is available and could play in Game 2 against Spurs on Wednesday, sources tell Y!

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby lakerfan2 on Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:54 am

The Rock wrote:NICE

https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/327114351607685121

Three months after hip surgery, Lakers forward Jordan Hill is available and could play in Game 2 against Spurs on Wednesday, sources tell Y!

lol, whoever updated the title to the spurs series misread the quote. it said he was only out sunday vs the spurs, not the series.

if he can be back, that would be fantastic. one of my favorite guys to watch on the court.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion