Jordan Hill Discussion: Back for 2 yr/$18 mil

Re: Jordan Hill Discussion: Doing work

Postby TheZen on Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:40 pm

mcten: D'Antoni to @DuranSports about Pau saying he likes to play with Jordan Hill: "I'm sure he does, because Jordan does all the dirty work"

Zing.
TheZen

Postby LakersN4 on Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:55 pm

D.B. Cooper wrote:He needs to start or be the first off the bench, I can see the guy playing well with both Pau and Kaman. It was so stupid having Wes on Diaw, it should of been Hill.

I disagree with the notion that he should start, but I think he should get minutes vs. the opposing starters later in games.. Save his energy to make everything difficult for them in the 2nd half.
LakersN4

Postby LTLakerFan on Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:09 pm

TheZen wrote:
mcten: D'Antoni to @DuranSports about Pau saying he likes to play with Jordan Hill: "I'm sure he does, because Jordan does all the dirty work"

Zing.

WHOA! :man10: Here we go again with Gasol v D'Antoni v Gasol in the press.

So Gasol has a big point because we all agree Jordan Hill needs to be playing more minutes so he can do more TRADITIONAL big man work as we NEED in games. And Dan has a point too telling Pau he needs to do more dirty work but that's never been who Pau is. But much smaller point and just firing back out of being peeved Pau even commented. Plus Dan wants neither of them clogging up his EFFING space around the basket or playing like real big men should play. Wet dream small ball, stupid, stubborn, fit square player in round player slot thinking, that keeps Hill on the bench way too much and has Wes Johnson playing EFFING power forward way too often. JackA$$.

I heard him being interviewed on the radio in car this morning and he talks 100 miles an hour too, but with that mumble mouthed hick accent of his. :bang: :bang: :bang:
LTLakerFan

Postby therealdeal on Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:05 pm

TheZen wrote:

Zing.

:man10:

D'Antoni makes for some of the most quotable things.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Battle Tested20 on Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:42 pm

dang it!

KEVIN DING ‏@KevinDing 22m

Hill had right knee wrapped in ice postgame last night. He missed practice today and had an MRI this afternoon, revealing the bone bruise.

He will play on Tuesday though...
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby Sirron on Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:27 pm

when the coach says he's going to get your more minutes, and then doesn't, I've got to think players will find that irritating. The man is practically forcing you to play him with his hustle. Listen already
Sirron
Mst Intrsting mn n th wrld

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:33 pm

I love Hill and what he brings to this team; but the style in which he plays, I have a feeling is going to lead to injuries. We should play him more; nevertheless, his problem has been being healthy for an extended period of time. I really hope that changes...
dwighthowardsdad

Postby Sirron on Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:43 pm

Give the man a consistent rotation. What the heck is up with him saving him for the 4th quarter. MDA racist? :man12:
Sirron
Mst Intrsting mn n th wrld

Postby Ariza3 on Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:41 pm

hope this injury doesnt set him back. we really need him. i wish wed play some bigger ball sometimes and have hill at the 4 with pau/kaman at 5. but we'll see bc wes is playing well at the 4. once kobe comes back the rotation is gonna be weird and im afraid hill wont see mins
Ariza3

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:43 pm

They also said that he's had that injury for a couple weeks now.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:57 pm

Jordan Craig Hill ‏@jordanchill43 4m
Hell no RT @RealFRamirez: Is @jordanchill43 injury more serious than people making it seem?
#LakeShow
Reply Retweet Favorite More Expand
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby LTLakerFan on Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:20 pm

So who makes the better "Predator"? The original (with appropriate hair)….Chris Bosh… or…. Jordan Hill? :man1:
LTLakerFan

Postby lotus on Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:34 pm

I've never seen a coach have it in for a particular player as much as MDA has it in for Hill. I'm wondering if there is something else behind this disdain beyond how he feels about Hill fitting into his system because it doesn't make sense. I'm sure every team in the league would love to have a hustling, athletic, scrappy 6'10" power forward. Somehow, MDA seems to be the exception. I'm sure Hill has to be thinking what kind of shi**y luck does he have to have this jerk for a head coach twice in succession.

I'm sick of MDA's euro ball system. Take to the international leagues or college. Let the guy play at his proper position and do what he does best. Enough with the funky rotation tweaking and all that.

When does Rambis take over and play this roster properly?!
lotus

Postby Battle Tested20 on Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:17 pm

LTLakerFan wrote:So who makes the better "Predator"? The original (with appropriate hair)….Chris Bosh… or…. Jordan Hill? :man1:

easy. It's Jordan Hill, his facial features and head make him the better more realistic Predator.
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:58 am

Bosh looks like a Jamaican Velociraptor when he had dreads

"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby TheOp on Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:25 pm

If only this guy was capable of playing starters minutes. Every minute hes out there im afraid hes going to collapse or get injured. Hes one of the best rim protectors ive seen in the NBA, and a rebounding machine. Hes a smart defender, unlike Dwight who gets in foul trouble almost every game.

He is easily starter material on a championship level team. If he could even play 25 minutes a night, that would be huge.
TheOp

Postby sister golden hair on Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:38 pm

J. Hill is such a beast on the glass. He also challenges shots very effectively. Right now, I would start him at PF and Kaman at C unless or until Pau gets his game together. Right now, Pau seems to have lost his mojo and no telling when or if he gets it back.
sister golden hair

Postby lakersyunowin on Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:42 pm

pau needs to ride the pine. kaman and hill playing eons ahead of him now.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Mr_Hollywood_Line on Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:48 pm

lotus wrote:>>

I'm sick of MDA's euro ball system. Take to the international leagues or college. Let the guy play at his proper position and do what he does best. Enough with the funky rotation tweaking and all that.<<

+1.

Antoni is a mental midget who has no clue about how to utilize the talent that's in front of him.
Mr_Hollywood_Line

Postby funkychunky on Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:36 am

I would watch a 10 minute video of this beast just fighting for every damn offensive board and challenging every shot at the rim.
funkychunky

Postby LakersN4 on Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:54 am

So glad we have this guy.. In a system that calls for the bigs to play like guards, it's good to have 1 big thats game relies on banging in the post.
LakersN4

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:19 am

I don't know why fans are killing Mike over J Hills minutes. I too would love to see J Hill more but I also watch him on the court. The guy is constantly playing in pain. Last season Mike was killed for playing players too long and they all broke down by the end of the season. J Hill is a huge part of this team and the coaching staff has to limit how much they ride him especially cause he does the major dirty work. Also, last season when Hill started playing big minutes he had the hip problems. I think coach is using him better and rightfully so. Love what this guy brings every game. Keep it up J HIll :jam2:
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:23 am

Hit your FT's, Jordan
dwighthowardsdad

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:02 pm

Dave McMenamin ‏@mcten 34s
Jordan Hill will start tonight over Kaman. Meeks in for Nash
Reply Retweet Favorite More Expand

:jam2:

Now get Pau out of there and put Kaman in.

Blake / Farmar
Meeks / Henry
Young / Johnson
Hill / Williams
Kaman / Pau
Doc Brown

Postby therealdeal on Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:09 pm

So we're seeing

Blake/Meeks/Young/Hill/Gasol ? I like it I guess. Not the best fit, but it's alright...

Blake/Young/Johnson/Hill/Gasol would be my pick. Then you have Farmar/Meeks/Henry/Any of our PFs/Kaman
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion