Jordan Hill Discussion: Back for 2 yr/$18 mil

Re: Jordan Hill Discussion: Doing work

Postby Weezy on Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:24 pm

If it's not trolling it's certainly borderline baiting. Mocking comments and laughing rather than arguing back with substance, exaggerating, putting words in people's mouths to get a reaction, not good debating or arguing IMO. I guess if you feel you have no real argument, getting defensive and sarcastic is one way to go.
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 50944
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Re: Jordan Hill Discussion: Doing work

Postby Rooscooter on Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:17 pm

Wow....a lot of effort here for a player that is playing at 100% and is the one sure thing every night..... He may not be an all star but he's probably our best player still playing.

Why not focus that critical eye on the effort capitulation that is Wesly Johnson...
Last edited by Rooscooter on Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If the past sits in judgment on the present, the future will be lost." Winston Churchill

“The prospect of domination of the nation's scholars by Federal employment, project allocations, and the power of money is ever present - and is gravely to be regarded." Dwight Eisenhower

"Socialism in general has a record of failure so blatant that only an intellectual could ignore or evade it" Thomas Sowell
User avatar
Rooscooter

 
Posts: 22938
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:25 pm
Location: Chandler AZ and Andalué

Re: Jordan Hill Discussion: Doing work

Postby Vasashi17 on Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:28 pm

Doc and swinger can fight their own battles, so I'll leave it up to those two...

But I have one humble request for swinger and for anybody willing to listen:

With all due respect, it doesn't take med school to understand how a contraction works. Well, I guess in some cases it does....but I digress...whether you're smart or dumb, your knowledge of contractions can be achieved via grade school.

You + are = you're (contraction)

Possession or relating to you = your (not a contraction)

I don't mean to be a stickler, but for the love of god, youse guys need to use it the right way, otherwise you're going to have your posts called out by yours truly.

That being said, whether its swinger or any other poster, I can overlook these particular errors if a well thought out post was submitted...
Image
User avatar
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 13028
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2003 11:38 am
Location: Anywhere Purple & Gold

Re: Jordan Hill Discussion: Doing work

Postby hollywood swinger on Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:42 pm

Weezy wrote:If it's not trolling it's certainly borderline baiting. Mocking comments and laughing rather than arguing back with substance, exaggerating, putting words in people's mouths to get a reaction, not good debating or arguing IMO. I guess if you feel you have no real argument, getting defensive and sarcastic is one way to go.

well actually it's not about jordan hill as a player imo because he isn't worth all that effort. jordan hill isn't some lakers great or some player that is headed for the rafters. he is a throw in for a fisher salary dump. all of this debate with certain cronies of certain posters wanting to come at me and making comments about my statements about a player or person who isn't even on this forum. i am here to have a laugh and never make a direct comments about how bad i may think a post is yet when that is done my way i don't cry about it like the cronies i just click the :man10: smilies and continue to see people get worked up over nonsense. no one has to respond to a post. if the cronies don't like it ignore my post and don't respond but i guess i am too compelling.
can't wait until next year when some dumb team throws a ton of money at jordan and he leaves and is never heard from again in the league but a deep bench warmer so the cronies can then read my post when i bump them. i can't believe the acceptance of mediocracy with some of these cronies in regards to these players. just because they are lakers doesn't mean they don't stink.
the posting artist formally known as west-magic-kobe 8/2004
User avatar
hollywood swinger

 
Posts: 3149
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:43 pm

Re: Jordan Hill Discussion: Doing work

Postby Rooscooter on Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:55 pm

Vasashi17 wrote:Doc and swinger can fight their own battles, so I'll leave it up to those two...

But I have one humble request for swinger and for anybody willing to listen:

With all due respect, it doesn't take med school to understand how a contraction works. Well, I guess in some cases it does....but I digress...whether you're smart or dumb, your knowledge of contractions can be achieved via grade school.

You + are = you're (contraction)

Possession or relating to you = your (not a contraction)

I don't mean to be a stickler, but for the love of god, youse guys need to use it the right way, otherwise you're going to have your posts called out by yours truly.

That being said, whether its swinger or any other poster, I can overlook these particular errors if a well thought out post was submitted...


"If the past sits in judgment on the present, the future will be lost." Winston Churchill

“The prospect of domination of the nation's scholars by Federal employment, project allocations, and the power of money is ever present - and is gravely to be regarded." Dwight Eisenhower

"Socialism in general has a record of failure so blatant that only an intellectual could ignore or evade it" Thomas Sowell
User avatar
Rooscooter

 
Posts: 22938
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:25 pm
Location: Chandler AZ and Andalué

Re: Jordan Hill Discussion: Doing work

Postby Vasashi17 on Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:58 pm

:man13:

Adding more contractions to my arsenal AND updating my playlist!
Image
User avatar
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 13028
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2003 11:38 am
Location: Anywhere Purple & Gold

Re: Jordan Hill Discussion: Doing work

Postby LTLakerFan on Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:55 am

:man10: ^^^ You must be a masochist, the opening to that video was as annoying as the music in Disney's "It's a Small World" song for the ride.
LTLakerFan

 
Posts: 6385
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:44 pm
Location: SoCal

Re: Jordan Hill Discussion: Doing work

Postby Center Court on Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:35 am

hollywood swinger wrote:
Weezy wrote:If it's not trolling it's certainly borderline baiting. Mocking comments and laughing rather than arguing back with substance, exaggerating, putting words in people's mouths to get a reaction, not good debating or arguing IMO. I guess if you feel you have no real argument, getting defensive and sarcastic is one way to go.

well actually it's not about jordan hill as a player imo because he isn't worth all that effort. jordan hill isn't some lakers great or some player that is headed for the rafters. he is a throw in for a fisher salary dump. all of this debate with certain cronies of certain posters wanting to come at me and making comments about my statements about a player or person who isn't even on this forum. i am here to have a laugh and never make a direct comments about how bad i may think a post is yet when that is done my way i don't cry about it like the cronies i just click the :man10: smilies and continue to see people get worked up over nonsense. no one has to respond to a post. if the cronies don't like it ignore my post and don't respond but i guess i am too compelling.
can't wait until next year when some dumb team throws a ton of money at jordan and he leaves and is never heard from again in the league but a deep bench warmer so the cronies can then read my post when i bump them. i can't believe the acceptance of mediocracy with some of these cronies in regards to these players. just because they are lakers doesn't mean they don't stink.


#cronies
User avatar
Center Court

 
Posts: 3169
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:45 pm
Location: @ CL since '04

Re: Jordan Hill Discussion: Doing work

Postby lakerfan2 on Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:45 am

#slurpee #stillhasnoargument #doesntgetwhatvalueis
#OURHOUSE
User avatar
lakerfan2

 
Posts: 9887
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:23 pm

Re: Jordan Hill Discussion: Doing work

Postby hollywood swinger on Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:35 am

JORDAN "BEAST MODE" HILL 0-3 & 6 REBOUNDS 0 BLOCKS TONIGHT A FREAKING STUD!!!! :jam2:
the posting artist formally known as west-magic-kobe 8/2004
User avatar
hollywood swinger

 
Posts: 3149
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:43 pm

Re: Jordan Hill Discussion: Doing work

Postby Weezy on Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:59 am

Image
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 50944
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Re: Jordan Hill Discussion: Doing work

Postby S.R.05 on Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:03 am

hollywood swinger wrote:i am here to have a laugh and never make a direct comments about how bad i may think a post is yet when that is done my way i don't cry about it like the cronies i just click the :man10: smilies and continue to see people get worked up over nonsense.


i really don't care about the argument but isn't that like the definition of trolling?
Hindsight is 20/20
User avatar
S.R.05
Clublakers Analyst
 
Posts: 11368
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 9:18 pm
Location: Chatsworth, CA

Re: Jordan Hill Discussion: Doing work

Postby hollywood swinger on Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:53 am

Showtime.Revival.05 wrote:
hollywood swinger wrote:i am here to have a laugh and never make a direct comments about how bad i may think a post is yet when that is done my way i don't cry about it like the cronies i just click the :man10: smilies and continue to see people get worked up over nonsense.


i really don't care about the argument but isn't that like the definition of trolling?

yes i troll. guilty as charged.
the posting artist formally known as west-magic-kobe 8/2004
User avatar
hollywood swinger

 
Posts: 3149
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:43 pm

Re: Jordan Hill Discussion: Doing work

Postby trodgers on Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:56 am

That is trolling.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
User avatar
trodgers
Site Manager
 
Posts: 46538
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:31 pm
Location: Orlando

Re: Jordan Hill Discussion: Doing work

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:27 pm

hollywood swinger wrote:JORDAN "BEAST MODE" HILL 0-3 & 6 REBOUNDS 0 BLOCKS TONIGHT A FREAKING STUD!!!! :jam2:


Image
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 19455
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Jordan Hill Discussion: Doing work

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:21 pm

It is obvious that Doc came strong against an argument and that Hollywood does not have anything to defend his stance on. For a long time poster I don't know why you (Hollywood) wouldn't just say OK and leave it alone. You made a mistake overgeneralizing Hill for other players who do not, as Doc pointed out, bring the same that Hill brings to the table. Maybe he underachieved, by your standards, for a top 10 pick but he is far from garbage and can be valuable to a contending team. Is that overly complex?

In any case, I am sure the Mods won't let the trolling go for long.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
User avatar
puffyusaf#2

 
Posts: 30575
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: Chasing the dream to an Oscar

Re: Jordan Hill Discussion: Doing work

Postby hollywood swinger on Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:33 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
hollywood swinger wrote:JORDAN "BEAST MODE" HILL 0-3 & 6 REBOUNDS 0 BLOCKS TONIGHT A FREAKING STUD!!!! :jam2:


Image


you are kidding me right? what game are you saying jordan hill was a beast in? if you are pumping him up for some ho hum performance against 76'ers it just shows how non special he is. 14 & 6 WOW!!! :man10:
you have pretty pathetic expectations of your HOF'er jordan hill if you pick this game to sing his praises.
ps don't resort to my trolling tactics i know i am a dominant influence on others behaviors but you must not follow me be strong my son.
the posting artist formally known as west-magic-kobe 8/2004
User avatar
hollywood swinger

 
Posts: 3149
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:43 pm

Re: Jordan Hill Discussion: Doing work

Postby Doc Brown on Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:36 am

Image
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 19455
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Jordan Hill Discussion: Doing work

Postby Rooscooter on Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:26 am

Well..... I'm somewhere between "STUD" and "GARBAGE" on Hill. However I think we can all agree that for a "toss in" in an obvious salary dump he's not too bad. I'll bet no one in our management at the time thought he'd be anything but a waive when we got him.
"If the past sits in judgment on the present, the future will be lost." Winston Churchill

“The prospect of domination of the nation's scholars by Federal employment, project allocations, and the power of money is ever present - and is gravely to be regarded." Dwight Eisenhower

"Socialism in general has a record of failure so blatant that only an intellectual could ignore or evade it" Thomas Sowell
User avatar
Rooscooter

 
Posts: 22938
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:25 pm
Location: Chandler AZ and Andalué

Re: Jordan Hill Discussion: Doing work

Postby hollywood swinger on Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:01 pm

Rooscooter wrote:Well..... I'm somewhere between "STUD" and "GARBAGE" on Hill. However I think we can all agree that for a "toss in" in an obvious salary dump he's not too bad. I'll bet no one in our management at the time thought he'd be anything but a waive when we got him.

exactly because when we got him he was considered a bust player basically. yes he is a decent rebounder but his game has many flaws can't shoot, not athletic, doesn't run court well. like some want to believe he is a beast i doubt mitch & jim are losing sleep at night worrying about if they will be able to resign jordan hill.
the posting artist formally known as west-magic-kobe 8/2004
User avatar
hollywood swinger

 
Posts: 3149
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:43 pm

Re: Jordan Hill Discussion: Doing work

Postby therealdeal on Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:11 pm

So because he's not a great player, you enjoy bashing him at the expense of others' opinions? That's ridiculous. Why would you even think to do that? Do you just like to annoy people? How are you different than someone who comes onto the site and bashes the Lakers, the team we collectively follow?
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40333
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Jordan Hill Discussion: Doing work

Postby Weezy on Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:34 pm

He's a solid role player that works his tail off and foes that dirty work, which every team needs. I don't get the argument here, and I don't remember anyone calling him an all star or hall of famer. If the argument is over the meaning of the word "beast" I think it's a pretty silly thing to keep harping on.
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 50944
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Re: Jordan Hill Discussion: Doing work

Postby hollywood swinger on Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:11 pm

therealdeal wrote:So because he's not a great player, you enjoy bashing him at the expense of others' opinions? That's ridiculous. Why would you even think to do that? Do you just like to annoy people? How are you different than someone who comes onto the site and bashes the Lakers, the team we collectively follow?

hey i give good players props but when i see a player not producing and not advancing their game yes i do bash them. i don't except mediocracy from players just because they are lakers. if you are a laker you still need to produce i'm not gonna just suck up to a players game because he plays for my favorite team.
the posting artist formally known as west-magic-kobe 8/2004
User avatar
hollywood swinger

 
Posts: 3149
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:43 pm

Re: Jordan Hill Discussion: Doing work

Postby hollywood swinger on Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:13 pm

Weezy wrote:He's a solid role player that works his tail off and foes that dirty work, which every team needs. I don't get the argument here, and I don't remember anyone calling him an all star or hall of famer. If the argument is over the meaning of the word "beast" I think it's a pretty silly thing to keep harping on.

i disagree that he is a solid role player. he is a sometimes contributor lets be 100% honest that is what he is. this whole debate started because i said i think he is a below average nba player and then all the jordan hill beast lovers came out of the woodwork claiming he is basically the best damn backup big in the league. which he is not close to being.
the posting artist formally known as west-magic-kobe 8/2004
User avatar
hollywood swinger

 
Posts: 3149
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:43 pm

Re: Jordan Hill Discussion: Doing work

Postby therealdeal on Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:16 pm

hollywood swinger wrote:
therealdeal wrote:So because he's not a great player, you enjoy bashing him at the expense of others' opinions? That's ridiculous. Why would you even think to do that? Do you just like to annoy people? How are you different than someone who comes onto the site and bashes the Lakers, the team we collectively follow?

hey i give good players props but when i see a player not producing and not advancing their game yes i do bash them. i don't except mediocracy from players just because they are lakers. if you are a laker you still need to produce i'm not gonna just suck up to a players game because he plays for my favorite team.

He's producing nearly a double double in twenty minutes a game. Your analysis is wrong. Most posters here are showing you statistics that show Jordan Hill is producing just fine. You want to argue he's not great but no one says he is. We're saying he's a solid player that produces when given the opportunity.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40333
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 9 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.