J-Hill: benched again for no sane reason

Re: Jordan Hill Discussion: Doing work

Postby hollywood swinger on Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:11 pm

therealdeal wrote:So because he's not a great player, you enjoy bashing him at the expense of others' opinions? That's ridiculous. Why would you even think to do that? Do you just like to annoy people? How are you different than someone who comes onto the site and bashes the Lakers, the team we collectively follow?

hey i give good players props but when i see a player not producing and not advancing their game yes i do bash them. i don't except mediocracy from players just because they are lakers. if you are a laker you still need to produce i'm not gonna just suck up to a players game because he plays for my favorite team.
the posting artist formally known as west-magic-kobe 8/2004
User avatar
hollywood swinger

 
Posts: 3149
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:43 pm

Re: Jordan Hill Discussion: Doing work

Postby hollywood swinger on Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:13 pm

Weezy wrote:He's a solid role player that works his tail off and foes that dirty work, which every team needs. I don't get the argument here, and I don't remember anyone calling him an all star or hall of famer. If the argument is over the meaning of the word "beast" I think it's a pretty silly thing to keep harping on.

i disagree that he is a solid role player. he is a sometimes contributor lets be 100% honest that is what he is. this whole debate started because i said i think he is a below average nba player and then all the jordan hill beast lovers came out of the woodwork claiming he is basically the best damn backup big in the league. which he is not close to being.
the posting artist formally known as west-magic-kobe 8/2004
User avatar
hollywood swinger

 
Posts: 3149
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:43 pm

Re: Jordan Hill Discussion: Doing work

Postby therealdeal on Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:16 pm

hollywood swinger wrote:
therealdeal wrote:So because he's not a great player, you enjoy bashing him at the expense of others' opinions? That's ridiculous. Why would you even think to do that? Do you just like to annoy people? How are you different than someone who comes onto the site and bashes the Lakers, the team we collectively follow?

hey i give good players props but when i see a player not producing and not advancing their game yes i do bash them. i don't except mediocracy from players just because they are lakers. if you are a laker you still need to produce i'm not gonna just suck up to a players game because he plays for my favorite team.

He's producing nearly a double double in twenty minutes a game. Your analysis is wrong. Most posters here are showing you statistics that show Jordan Hill is producing just fine. You want to argue he's not great but no one says he is. We're saying he's a solid player that produces when given the opportunity.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 36965
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Jordan Hill Discussion: Doing work

Postby hollywood swinger on Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:26 pm

therealdeal wrote:
hollywood swinger wrote:
therealdeal wrote:So because he's not a great player, you enjoy bashing him at the expense of others' opinions? That's ridiculous. Why would you even think to do that? Do you just like to annoy people? How are you different than someone who comes onto the site and bashes the Lakers, the team we collectively follow?

hey i give good players props but when i see a player not producing and not advancing their game yes i do bash them. i don't except mediocracy from players just because they are lakers. if you are a laker you still need to produce i'm not gonna just suck up to a players game because he plays for my favorite team.

He's producing nearly a double double in twenty minutes a game. Your analysis is wrong. Most posters here are showing you statistics that show Jordan Hill is producing just fine. You want to argue he's not great but no one says he is. We're saying he's a solid player that produces when given the opportunity.

okay so if it isn't a pro bias for jordan why do these same people keep saying get rid of pau when he is far more superior and producer than jordan? jordan would get more minutes if his game was more well rounded. he can't shoot and he isn't athletic. your rewarding him for the average things he does because of what he is so poor at. tell me what you think he should do better? how has his game changed since he got here or for that matter got in the league? how has he grown?
the posting artist formally known as west-magic-kobe 8/2004
User avatar
hollywood swinger

 
Posts: 3149
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:43 pm

Re: Jordan Hill Discussion: Doing work

Postby Weezy on Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:30 pm

hollywood swinger wrote:
Weezy wrote:He's a solid role player that works his tail off and foes that dirty work, which every team needs. I don't get the argument here, and I don't remember anyone calling him an all star or hall of famer. If the argument is over the meaning of the word "beast" I think it's a pretty silly thing to keep harping on.

i disagree that he is a solid role player. he is a sometimes contributor lets be 100% honest that is what he is. this whole debate started because i said i think he is a below average nba player and then all the jordan hill beast lovers came out of the woodwork claiming he is basically the best damn backup big in the league. which he is not close to being.


Uh, yeah, sure, that's what happened.
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 49742
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Re: Jordan Hill Discussion: Doing work

Postby therealdeal on Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:52 pm

hollywood swinger wrote:okay so if it isn't a pro bias for jordan why do these same people keep saying get rid of pau when he is far more superior and producer than jordan? jordan would get more minutes if his game was more well rounded. he can't shoot and he isn't athletic. your rewarding him for the average things he does because of what he is so poor at. tell me what you think he should do better? how has his game changed since he got here or for that matter got in the league? how has he grown?

Tell me how Kyle Korver has grown. Or how Kenneth Faried has grown. Or how any number of niche players have grown.

He does two things well: score around the rim and rebound the ball. Most supporters of Jordan Hill feel this way because he works hard in the areas of the game that most people don't. No one is saying he's developed into a mid range shooter. No one is saying he does great in the post. What people are saying is that he rebounds at an elite level in the NBA and there's something to be said for having that ability.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 36965
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Jordan Hill Discussion: Doing work

Postby Helljumper on Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:16 pm

hollywood swinger wrote:okay so if it isn't a pro bias for jordan why do these same people keep saying get rid of pau when he is far more superior and producer than jordan?


Über troll confirmed.
Image
User avatar
Helljumper

 
Posts: 14591
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 4:40 pm
Location: Riverside, CA

Re: Jordan Hill Discussion: Doing work

Postby hollywood swinger on Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:53 am

therealdeal wrote:
hollywood swinger wrote:okay so if it isn't a pro bias for jordan why do these same people keep saying get rid of pau when he is far more superior and producer than jordan? jordan would get more minutes if his game was more well rounded. he can't shoot and he isn't athletic. your rewarding him for the average things he does because of what he is so poor at. tell me what you think he should do better? how has his game changed since he got here or for that matter got in the league? how has he grown?

Tell me how Kyle Korver has grown. Or how Kenneth Faried has grown. Or how any number of niche players have grown.

He does two things well: score around the rim and rebound the ball. Most supporters of Jordan Hill feel this way because he works hard in the areas of the game that most people don't. No one is saying he's developed into a mid range shooter. No one is saying he does great in the post. What people are saying is that he rebounds at an elite level in the NBA and there's something to be said for having that ability.

we are not talking about Faried or korver both of whom you would trade jordan beast mode hill for in a nano second. jordan hill has NO low post game. all he can do is that garbage jump hook when playing undersized players down low or dunk when wide open and even that gets swatted more than it should. please stop with the meaningless stats. hell pau has great stats yet you want him traded. i want to see game impact screw stats and jordan hill can not impact the game on a consistent basis nor can he create a dominant impact even when given the minutes. look at meeks who has improved his game at finishing at the rim. you can see the work in his game. jordan is the same dude as usual that not only this dumbass MDA hasn't believed enough in to give consistent minutes in ny & here again in LA. also he had same minutes issue in Houston. why????? these coaches see him everyday. why won't they give him those minutes???? why is it a conspiracy against jordan beast mode hill through out the league? no it isn't. people that know talent and real impact on games who get paid to coach teams in the nba agree with me that he is no big deal but a average not special player that doesn't deserve consistent minutes because he isn't very good.
the posting artist formally known as west-magic-kobe 8/2004
User avatar
hollywood swinger

 
Posts: 3149
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:43 pm

Re: Jordan Hill Discussion: Doing work

Postby hollywood swinger on Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:54 am

Helljumper wrote:
hollywood swinger wrote:okay so if it isn't a pro bias for jordan why do these same people keep saying get rid of pau when he is far more superior and producer than jordan?


Über troll confirmed.


you calling me names? :scurred:
mod police make him stop :man6:
the posting artist formally known as west-magic-kobe 8/2004
User avatar
hollywood swinger

 
Posts: 3149
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:43 pm

Re: Jordan Hill Discussion: Doing work

Postby therealdeal on Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:32 am

I'm not going to argue with you anymore. Your argument consists of:
1. Show me facts!
2. We show facts.
3. Show me unquantifiable facts!

Impact on a game? The guy is supposed to what? Single-handedly keep us in the rebounding game? He's supposed to take over games offensively? I don't understand what you're even describing here. First of all you're not describing Jordan Hill's post game. When given the ball in the post he has a baseline fake and return, he's got a spin move, and he's got that hook shot that you love. Is he great post player? Of course not. But why would you ask him to be? Is every player supposed to be Pau Gasol? Is every player supposed to be Hakeem? Is every player supposed to develop into a great post player when they're 6'10"?

Or is the much more reasonable expectation that he continue being our hardest working big man on the glass while getting way less minutes than he needs to be productive? This argument is beyond asinine and I'm done with it.

By the way your open trolling has drawn the attention of the moderators.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 36965
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Jordan Hill Discussion: Doing work

Postby charvin on Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:45 am

therealdeal wrote:I'm not going to argue with you anymore. Your argument consists of:
1. Show me facts!
2. We show facts.
3. Show me unquantifiable facts!

Impact on a game? The guy is supposed to what? Single-handedly keep us in the rebounding game? He's supposed to take over games offensively? I don't understand what you're even describing here. First of all you're not describing Jordan Hill's post game. When given the ball in the post he has a baseline fake and return, he's got a spin move, and he's got that hook shot that you love. Is he great post player? Of course not. But why would you ask him to be? Is every player supposed to be Pau Gasol? Is every player supposed to be Hakeem? Is every player supposed to develop into a great post player when they're 6'10"?

Or is the much more reasonable expectation that he continue being our hardest working big man on the glass while getting way less minutes than he needs to be productive? This argument is beyond asinine and I'm done with it.

By the way your open trolling has drawn the attention of the moderators.


4. He doesn't deserve minutes because the coach doesn't put him in.

Circular reasoning going on with his argument regarding my #4. We've (the Lakers) recently given some players to showcase what they can do when given some time. The end result isn't to unearth some magical superstar that every team passed on, it's to hopefully find a serviceable player that can develop into a solid role player or starter.

Jordan Hill, Kendall Marshall, and Earl Clark are some examples of players who didn't normally deserve minutes, but when thrust into action, they gave some surprising results. It's also not helping the argument that a coach doesn't "believe" in giving a player minutes. There's always going to be "favorites" that the coach will play above all else and in our case, he wants a 4 that can shoot ala Ryan Kelly.
charvin

 
Posts: 530
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:53 pm

Re: Jordan Hill Discussion: Doing work

Postby trodgers on Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:41 pm

Image
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
User avatar
trodgers
Site Manager
 
Posts: 45251
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:31 pm
Location: Orlando

Re: Jordan Hill Discussion: Doing work

Postby lotus on Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:48 pm

trodgers wrote:Image

That was a favorite show of mines when they used to play it. Now it's the American version, which I don't like.
lotus

 
Posts: 1653
Joined: Sat May 13, 2006 8:15 am

Re: Jordan Hill Discussion: Doing work

Postby therealdeal on Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:58 pm

They show it on the Food Network's sister channel still.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 36965
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Jordan Hill Discussion: Doing work

Postby Doc Brown on Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:56 pm

Image
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 18297
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Jordan Hill Discussion: Doing work

Postby hollywood swinger on Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:09 pm

therealdeal wrote:I'm not going to argue with you anymore. Your argument consists of:
1. Show me facts!
2. We show facts.
3. Show me unquantifiable facts!

Impact on a game? The guy is supposed to what? Single-handedly keep us in the rebounding game? He's supposed to take over games offensively? I don't understand what you're even describing here. First of all you're not describing Jordan Hill's post game. When given the ball in the post he has a baseline fake and return, he's got a spin move, and he's got that hook shot that you love.
Is he great post player? Of course not. But why would you ask him to be? Is every player supposed to be Pau Gasol? Is every player supposed to be Hakeem? Is every player supposed to develop into a great post player when they're 6'10"?


Or is the much more reasonable expectation that he continue being our hardest working big man on the glass while getting way less minutes than he needs to be productive? This argument is beyond asinine and I'm done with it.

By the way your open trolling has drawn the attention of the moderators.


it sounds like you agree with my whole point which is he isn't a special player and not the best backup big in the league which is what you and others seem to be saying he is. what you just described is the same thing i been saying and that is he is NOTHING special. a take it or leave it nba player. why didn't McHale use him in houston he is a HOF big who understands post play, rebounding, defense from bigs yet he was willing to let Jordan go for fisher a guy they knew was never gonna play for them so they just wanted to dump hill. why does McHale one of the greatest bigs ever didn't believe in Hill? i understand why MDA doesn't because that is obvious how he feels about bigs but explain to me why your right and McHale is wrong?

how am i trolling in my open post? now you don't agree with me so you want to penalize me by getting banned by mods? c'mon if you can't win your point on jordan hill thru conversation but banning me do what you gotta do it's your world here on clublakers i am just a visitor.
the posting artist formally known as west-magic-kobe 8/2004
User avatar
hollywood swinger

 
Posts: 3149
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:43 pm

Re: Jordan Hill Discussion: Doing work

Postby therealdeal on Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:57 pm

No one is trying to get you banned. You've been approached by multiple posters with great, well thought out and well constructed arguments, and you've patently ignored their remarks while purposely trying to annoy or upset them.

You're trying to get yourself banned.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 36965
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Jordan Hill Discussion: Doing work

Postby hollywood swinger on Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:07 pm

therealdeal wrote:No one is trying to get you banned. You've been approached by multiple posters with great, well thought out and well constructed arguments, and you've patently ignored their remarks while purposely trying to annoy or upset them.

You're trying to get yourself banned.


i'm trying to get myself banned because i won't give in and agree with the point of view of other posters? :man10: okay man i see what this is about. i thought this was clublakers.com not clublakerssilverlinings.com or clublakersletsallholdhandsandagreetothinkthesame.com ........ no thanks over & out :jam2:
the posting artist formally known as west-magic-kobe 8/2004
User avatar
hollywood swinger

 
Posts: 3149
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:43 pm

Re: Jordan Hill Discussion: Doing work

Postby TIME on Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:12 pm

therealdeal wrote:No one is trying to get you banned. You've been approached by multiple posters with great, well thought out and well constructed arguments, and you've patently ignored their remarks while purposely trying to annoy or upset them.

You're trying to get yourself banned.


In defense of Hollywood Swinger, I don't think he is trying to get himself banned.

Rather I think he is just periodically compelled to stir up needless arguments and call attention to himself. If he happens to get banned in the process, that just goes with his territory. Dogs gotta bark. He can't really help himself.
Vitti uttered three words that surely applies to how Bryant made two free throws on one leg, walked off the court on his own and processed his rehabilitation plan amid the pain, frustration and tears.

“That’s really cool.”
User avatar
TIME
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 8901
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:06 am

Re: Jordan Hill Discussion: Doing work

Postby therealdeal on Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:38 pm

Well with his childish post above I hope he stays gone. No need for that level of ridiculous immaturity here.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 36965
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Jordan Hill Discussion: Doing work

Postby juninho on Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:58 pm

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 2 dk.

Los Angeles, Brooklyn have discussed Jordan Hill deal into the Nets' Disabled Player Exception, league sources tell Yahoo.
User avatar
juninho

 
Posts: 764
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:04 am

Re: Jordan Hill Discussion: Doing work

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:02 pm

:man6: :man6:

I'm going to be legitimately saddened if he gets traded.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 18297
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Jordan Hill Discussion: Doing work

Postby Weezy on Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:06 pm

Wow, lame if that happens. I don't like what it could mean either, that 'Antoni is staying and we're clearing players that don't fit his "style".
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 49742
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Re: Jordan Hill Discussion: Doing work

Postby unpossibl1 on Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:13 pm

I could be wrong, but I think that right now the Lakers are looking for homes for Blake and Hill so they can drop below the cap. Probably won't trade either unless they can trade them both, one isn't enough to get them below the tax. A Pau trade could obviously be a factor as well bit I would imagine it would be easier to deal Blake and Hill's reasonable deals right now instead of Pau's.
User avatar
unpossibl1

 
Posts: 2897
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2004 11:54 pm
Location: AZ

Re: Jordan Hill Discussion: Doing work

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:13 pm

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 13m
Nets have until March 10 to use $5.25M DPE for Brook Lopez injury. With tax hit on Hill $3.5M deal, cost to Nets: $17M. Not an easy sell.
Expand


17 million. :man10:
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 18297
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], KareemTheGreat33 and 8 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.