Jordan Hill Discussion: Struggling in the new season

Re: Jordan Hill Discussion

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:45 pm

therealdeal wrote:He lost a bet...

To me...

:man9: :man9: :man9:


Can't wait for day three
Running out of phrase to say
Back normal you'll see
"Allons-y Lakers!"
User avatar
KareemTheGreat33

 
Posts: 7839
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:52 am
Location: Philippines

Re: Jordan Hill Discussion

Postby XXIV on Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:20 am

I would have liked to see Hill out there more with Dwight. Pau was very lazy on defense and we were getting out hustled on the boards.
XXIV

 
Posts: 6386
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:20 am
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Jordan Hill Discussion

Postby gill on Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:22 am

XXIV wrote:I would have liked to see Hill out there more with Dwight. Pau was very lazy on defense and we were getting out hustled on the boards.


In Pau's defense, MB ran him rugged for 40 minutes again tonight... :bang:
User avatar
gill

 
Posts: 19355
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 8:57 am
Location: Middle of Nowhere, Canada

Re: Jordan Hill Discussion

Postby XXIV on Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:23 am

gill wrote:
XXIV wrote:I would have liked to see Hill out there more with Dwight. Pau was very lazy on defense and we were getting out hustled on the boards.


In Pau's defense, MB ran him rugged for 40 minutes again tonight... :bang:


I understand that took effect towards the end of the game, but his defense was very suspect throughout the time he spent on the floor.
Last edited by XXIV on Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
XXIV

 
Posts: 6386
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:20 am
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Jordan Hill Discussion

Postby kray28 on Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:24 am

Hill is great with the hustle and the effort, but low on the IQ. He's overly focused on getting his (never passes out after the rebound, or gets it to someone with an easier look). He chucks shots he has no business taking, and then goes and clanks freethrows.

Great effort, mediocre results.
Image
User avatar
kray28

 
Posts: 21241
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 8:16 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: Jordan Hill Discussion

Postby therealdeal on Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:35 am

Hill's motor can sometimes be out worked by his lack of brain power. The kid kills himself on the floor for every rebound, but then gives up really bone head fouls on defense. Or he rushes a jump shot and breaks a hole in the backboard.

He needs to learn when to turn up the heat and when to cool it down.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Jordan Hill Discussion

Postby borri on Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:43 am

Thought Hill did great last night. 4 offensive boards, all hustle. To me he only took one bad shot. 2nd quarter shot on the wing 17-18 Footer, rushed it when we were up 6. The second shot was about 1 FT behind the FT line. That's a good quality shot on most nights. It's just last night Hill shouldn't be taking any shot resembling a FT......it happens.

At least we know last playoffs wasn't a fluke. Kid hustled all night long and did what he's supposed to do.
User avatar
borri

 
Posts: 8035
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:16 pm

Re: Jordan Hill Discussion

Postby Lakers808 on Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:04 am

i like his offensive rebounds and he needs to shave that hair, its really distracting
User avatar
Lakers808

 
Posts: 71
Joined: Mon May 14, 2012 9:56 am

Re: Jordan Hill Discussion

Postby XXIV on Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:37 pm

As borri said, it's great that last season wasn't a fluke and he really is capable of being a consistent player for us. However, I'd really like him to work on that mid range jumper. During the preseason (before his injury) he was hitting that shot pretty often but after he returned from the injury that shot has been way off.
XXIV

 
Posts: 6386
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:20 am
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Jordan Hill Discussion

Postby therealdeal on Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:54 pm

borri wrote:At least we know last playoffs wasn't a fluke. Kid hustled all night long and did what he's supposed to do.

Well said.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Jordan Hill Discussion

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:10 pm

I like Hill's game alot. Solid defender, rebounder, and hustle player. Only thing I would like to see from him is eithe improve that mid range jumper or stop shooting it. Other than that can't ask for much more from your backup center.
Image
User avatar
Texas Lakers Fan

 
Posts: 5438
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:26 am

Re: Jordan Hill Discussion

Postby Battle Tested20 on Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:20 pm

^ And make your Free Throws (1-6)
Image
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
User avatar
Battle Tested20

 
Posts: 11701
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:39 pm
Location: San Diego, CA (SDSU)

Re: Jordan Hill Discussion

Postby OX1947 on Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:25 pm

4-20 between hill and howard, lose by 8. Maybe we are looking too deep on why we lost and not looking at the basic reason. Mavs were also pulling shots out there buttholes last night. The kind of shots when they play tonight wont happen and will probably get blown out because all the (bleep) mother (bleep) only make shots against the Lakers.
OX1947

 
Posts: 1871
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:48 am

Re: Jordan Hill Discussion

Postby therealdeal on Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:29 pm

OX1947 wrote:4-20 between hill and howard, lose by 8. Maybe we are looking too deep on why we lost and not looking at the basic reason. Mavs were also pulling shots out there buttholes last night. The kind of shots when they play tonight wont happen and will probably get blown out because all the (bleep) mother (bleep) only make shots against the Lakers.

This is the only post I think you've made in which I thought "Damn this guy is spot on".
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Jordan Hill Discussion

Postby OX1947 on Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:37 pm

therealdeal wrote:
OX1947 wrote:4-20 between hill and howard, lose by 8. Maybe we are looking too deep on why we lost and not looking at the basic reason. Mavs were also pulling shots out there buttholes last night. The kind of shots when they play tonight wont happen and will probably get blown out because all the (bleep) mother (bleep) only make shots against the Lakers.

This is the only post I think you've made in which I thought "Damn this guy is spot on".


So, when I crack on something, I get warned. When someone cracks on me, I am suppose to put smiley faces and pictures of girls in pigtails singing ring around the rosy so I do not sound too demonstrative? Or am I being too obtuse?
OX1947

 
Posts: 1871
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:48 am

Re: Jordan Hill Discussion

Postby gcclaker on Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:39 pm

^Aaahhh...that falling away off the glass three point play by Wright late in the fourth last night? Hill while botching his charity attempts did keep them from falling way behind with his effort on the glass. All of his misses weren't bad clangers but he did get tapped on a majority of them. Overall, not bad for someone nursing a bad back.
No siggie...
User avatar
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 15202
Joined: Fri May 05, 2006 9:35 am
Location: Laker Cyber Space

Re: Jordan Hill Discussion

Postby Ariza3 on Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:45 pm

hell be playing bigger mins tonight for Pau bc hell be useless tonight for us after mb played him 40mins
Image
User avatar
Ariza3

 
Posts: 4711
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:28 pm

Re: Jordan Hill Discussion

Postby therealdeal on Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:47 pm

OX1947 wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
OX1947 wrote:4-20 between hill and howard, lose by 8. Maybe we are looking too deep on why we lost and not looking at the basic reason. Mavs were also pulling shots out there buttholes last night. The kind of shots when they play tonight wont happen and will probably get blown out because all the (bleep) mother (bleep) only make shots against the Lakers.

This is the only post I think you've made in which I thought "Damn this guy is spot on".


So, when I crack on something, I get warned. When someone cracks on me, I am suppose to put smiley faces and pictures of girls in pigtails singing ring around the rosy so I do not sound too demonstrative? Or am I being too obtuse?

Whoa man, relax. I'm sorry if I gave the wrong impression, I didn't mean to say anything to upset you. I agree with you in this post...

The rest I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about?... Pigtails and singing? What does that even mean?
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Jordan Hill Discussion

Postby OX1947 on Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:58 pm

:soap:
OX1947

 
Posts: 1871
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:48 am

Re: Jordan Hill Discussion

Postby therealdeal on Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:03 pm

:lebron:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Jordan Hill Discussion

Postby therealdeal on Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:03 pm

KareemTheGreat33 wrote:
therealdeal wrote:He lost a bet...

To me...

:man9: :man9: :man9:


Can't wait for day three
Running out of phrase to say
Back normal you'll see

:jam2: :jam2: :jam2:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Jordan Hill Discussion

Postby pound4pound1 on Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:46 pm

i want to see pigtails and signing ring around the rosy
.
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
User avatar
pound4pound1

 
Posts: 6345
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:47 am
Location: 818 LAKER NATION

Re: Jordan Hill Discussion

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:50 pm

Dave McMenamin ‏@mcten
Jordan Hill only played 9 minutes. It wasn't health related, he told me. Just Mike Brown's rotation decision.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite


This is going downhill.....
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 19446
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Jordan Hill Discussion

Postby Weezy on Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:06 pm

It's all part of Brown's brilliant plan to play Pau as starting PF AND backup C, sure he's old and played in the olympics, but it's ok he can play 40 minutes a game anyway. :man11:
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 50866
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Re: Jordan Hill Discussion

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:08 pm

Weezy wrote:It's all part of Brown's brilliant plan to play Pau as starting PF AND backup C, sure he's old and played in the olympics, but it's ok he can play 40 minutes a game anyway. :man11:


Pau has played 80/96 minutes so far in two games. :man11:
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 19446
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 11 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.