Jordan Hill Discussion: Back for 2 yr/$18 mil

Re: Jordan Hill Discussion

Postby Ariza3 on Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:59 am

14/13/2 per 36 is awesome. i know its hard to maintain that high energy for an entire game but for the short spurts he plays hes so valuable to us; and the guy is still improving...im so glad we resigned him. The fact that he can play PF & C is big too.

I'm almost positive we'll see Hill share a front court with Jaminson, Pau, and Dwight in different line ups. Team needs energy, interior defense, & boards -> Hill/Dwight lineup
Ariza3

Postby LTLakerFan on Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:45 pm

therealdeal wrote:I'd rather not see him get much time with Howard. He's a perfect fit next to Gasol who recently has shied away from contact. Jamison is the far better fit next to Howard.

Hill is also a great fit next to Kobe when Kobe goes into shooter mode. A guy like Hill can get a lot of rebounds that way.

Nah with Nash and this new lineup with all the weapons here we should no longer see Kobe be "over" agressive offensively. No more unnecessary "heat checks"......uh.....err.....oh wait....right......got it....Kobe Bryant......never mind. :man10:
LTLakerFan

Postby thkthebest on Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:22 pm

therealdeal wrote:I'd rather not see him get much time with Howard. He's a perfect fit next to Gasol who recently has shied away from contact. Jamison is the far better fit next to Howard.

Hill is also a great fit next to Kobe when Kobe goes into shooter mode. A guy like Hill can get a lot of rebounds that way.

Well, Howard did play with Gortat before and they did well together. I'm almost 100% positive that Mike Brown will experiment with Hill/Dwight and look at all his options (basically try 500 different combinations).
My signature
thkthebest

Postby therealdeal on Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:14 pm

^ I'm not saying he won't try it, just that it's not the best combination on paper.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby revgen on Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:34 pm

therealdeal wrote:Hill is also a great fit next to Kobe when Kobe goes into shooter mode. A guy like Hill can get a lot of rebounds that way.

Uh oh!

Did you just say that Kobe shoots too much? :man1:

Anyhoo, I agree. Hill's offensive rebounding definitely helps when shots aren't falling. I just hope he can develop more to his game.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby therealdeal on Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:07 am

revgen wrote:
therealdeal wrote:Hill is also a great fit next to Kobe when Kobe goes into shooter mode. A guy like Hill can get a lot of rebounds that way.

Uh oh!

Anyhoo, I agree. Hill's offensive rebounding definitely helps when shots aren't falling. I just hope he can develop more to his game.

:man10: Yeah I guess I did.

I meant more of when Kobe goes on a patented mini streak of 2-3 shots in a row and thinks he's feelin' it. Then he fires off another couple bad shots and they don't fall.

But anyhoo ( :man1: ) I think what I was getting at was that Kobe is a volume shooter and any volume shooter is going to miss some shots. Therefore it's important to have a guy around the rim that can challenge every rebound.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:08 am

revgen wrote:

Uh oh!

:man10: Yeah I guess I did.

I meant more of when Kobe goes on a patented mini streak of 2-3 shots in a row and thinks he's feelin' it. Then he fires off another couple bad shots and they don't fall.

But anyhoo ( :man1: ) I think what I was getting at was that Kobe is a volume shooter and any volume shooter is going to miss some shots. Therefore it's important to have a guy around the rim that can challenge every rebound.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakersStan24 on Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:28 am

Great Role Player
Please Subscribe to My YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/LakersMix/videos?view=0
lakersStan24

Postby Tragic on Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:17 pm

Doc Brown wrote:And he cut his dreads. :man2:

I thought the dreads defined him in a way.

apparently he didn't cut his dreads
Tragic

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:30 pm

:jam2:

I'm glad he didn't. We can't have our version of, "Wild Thing", (In reference to AV), without those dreads.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby karacha on Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:21 pm

Wow, he's strong.

And he's working on that 3-point shot, nice to see. :mhihi:
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:44 pm

Well we need a Center that shoots threes now that Drew is gone. :mhihi:
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Ariza3 on Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:28 pm

Glad he looks like him as Blake are getting along. They'll be spending a lot of time together now
Ariza3

Postby Finwë on Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:50 pm

BUMP:

Dave McMenamin ‏@mcten
Mike Brown said the one player who has really impressed him in camp is @jordanchill43: "He's showing, 'Hey, I need to be on the floor.'"

Great job
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby MadMax on Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:52 pm

Does anyone else follow Jordan Hill on Twitter? He's got a whole bunch of ladies/ho's always sending him these messages about how hot he is and flirting a bunch. :man10:
MadMax

Postby Finwë on Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:00 pm

MadMax wrote:Does anyone else follow Jordan Hill on Twitter? He's got a whole bunch of ladies/ho's always sending him these messages about how hot he is and flirting a bunch. :man10:

I do and I noticed the same thing :man10:
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby WilliamHaven on Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:24 pm

Finwë wrote:
MadMax wrote:Does anyone else follow Jordan Hill on Twitter? He's got a whole bunch of ladies/ho's always sending him these messages about how hot he is and flirting a bunch. :man10:

devin ebanks' was the same way...although i haven't been reading his recently. i just remember thinking that whenever i would check on it last season.
Move along ho, Super Lakers don't hang out with no skanks.
WilliamHaven

Postby Weezy on Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:31 pm

Well I hope Jordan watched the ESPN 30 for 30 film "Broke" and avoids those gold diggers or is very careful. :man10:
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:39 pm

Hill is a beast in 2K13. In the two games I've played so far he has a combined 30 points and 28 boards. :jam2:
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby JLaker17 on Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:59 pm

Perfect type of player to come off the bench, all hustle and energy.
JLaker17

Postby XXIV on Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:21 pm

Texas Lakers Fan wrote:Hill is a beast in 2K13. In the two games I've played so far he has a combined 30 points and 28 boards. :jam2:

Are you playing him over Dwight? :man10:
XXIV

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:25 pm

XXIV wrote:
Texas Lakers Fan wrote:Hill is a beast in 2K13. In the two games I've played so far he has a combined 30 points and 28 boards. :jam2:

Are you playing him over Dwight? :man10:

No I'm playing him with Dwight alot.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby nthydro on Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:14 pm

WilliamHaven wrote:
Finwë wrote:

devin ebanks' was the same way...although i haven't been reading his recently. i just remember thinking that whenever i would check on it last season.

E-groupies :man10:

That's what happens when you're rich and famous. I'm sure Sam Cassell had groupies too.
nthydro

Postby lakersin4 on Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:25 pm

Great to hear Jordan is improving.. We all know he's an amazing fit next to Gasol, but I think he'd also be good in lineups with Dwight when Kobe is taking alot of shots. Jordan & Dwight are able to thrive without plays called for them, living off the offensive glass.
lakersin4

Postby LakerLegacy24 on Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:57 pm

Weezy wrote:Well we need a Center that shoots threes now that Drew is gone. :mhihi:

:man10: :man10: :man10:
"Kobe Bryant, we are not worthy of your greatness." -Rick Kamla
LakerLegacy24

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion