Jordan Hill Discussion: Back for 2 yr/$18 mil

Jordan Hill Discussion: Back for 2 yr/$18 mil

Postby DirtySoap on Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:38 pm

Not sure about his game, but he easily has the best hair on the team this season. I like the trade though. Big body, good athlete.
DirtySoap

Re: Jordan Hill Discussion Thread

Postby 24K GOLD on Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:43 pm

Is he going to see floor time?
I'm joining the communist now.. I don't like World peace...

24K GOLD

Postby DirtySoap on Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:48 pm

Probably take some time to work him in, but he's easily our best defender up front behind Bynum/Gasol. With Phil I doubt he cracks the lineup anytime soon, but Brown has proven to be much more liberal in deploying the youngsters.
DirtySoap

Postby 24K GOLD on Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:49 pm

I hope we do develop Hill and G-Lock. Would be nice if they could come off the bench and give the Lakers extra juice.

24K GOLD

Postby kobe_008 on Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:53 pm

^add Eyenga
I think Hill is very underated, he is much better than both our back up bigs
He brings energy like McBob and also very tough.
Not much shooting like Murphy but D is up to par
kobe_008

Postby magicman32 on Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:56 pm

magicman32

Postby FadeawayProdigy on Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:57 pm

I know he comes out from the bench but base from that video posted by the TS his new career high is 12 and 8 rebounds?
FadeawayProdigy

Postby jjin28 on Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:00 pm

well. just finished up watching a bunch of jordan hill youtube highlights. I don't really see anything special. Actually reminded me of Kwame. If these are his highlights, it wasnt that spectacular.
“you don’t even know me and you mad. How it feel to be a hater, now I know exactly how it feels to be a Laker." - JAY Z
jjin28

Postby magicman32 on Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:01 pm

his career highs are
pts - 16
rebs - 15
blocks - 5
magicman32

Postby last stand on Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:04 pm

magicman32 wrote:his career highs are
pts - 16
rebs - 15
blocks - 5

Not even as good as bynum's last game lol
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby 24K GOLD on Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:06 pm

last stand wrote:Not even as good as bynum's last game lol

If you compare him with Bynum's standard, he really would suck in comparison.

24K GOLD

Postby Doberman on Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:08 pm

Just saw his contact situation. We have a team option at the end of the season. Unless he does something insane like average a double double in the 15 mpg he might get, Lakers will opt out of his contract. If he agrees to sign for less, I can see us keeping him and trading McRoberts. Otherwise his time as a Laker will be short.
Doberman

Postby lakers_09tv on Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:17 pm

Here we go overrating our players again. Have any of you ever seen Jordan Hill play? Dude is a bust. McRoberts is better than him.
Matt Barnes - "I respect all my opponents but I fear no one."

Deron Williams - “I hate ’em, you know,” he said the other day. “I hate the Lakers. They’re so good. I hate them because they win all the time. They’re a tough team. … We definitely talk about it. It’s not a secret. We hate the Lakers.”
lakers_09tv

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:18 pm

lakers_09tv wrote:Here we go overrating our players again. Have any of you ever seen Jordan Hill play? Dude is a bust. McRoberts is better than him.

Have you watched him play? In only 15 mpg he's averaging 5 & 5. He's a good, solid backup. Definitely better than McRoberts.
last stand wrote:
magicman32 wrote:his career highs are
pts - 16
rebs - 15
blocks - 5

Not even as good as bynum's last game lol

Great job comparing him to the best big in the game.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby Weezy on Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:20 pm

He's a young, cheap, backup big, we could do a lot worse I think. I don't think he'll play a lot, but I think he could definitely get a few minutes and help Drew and Pau cut down their minutes a little, because if they keep playing as many as they are they will tire out for the playoffs again. I don't think the guy is in our long term plans unless he somehow blossoms here. We had a few needs though, PG (which we got), bench scorer (which we didn't, and lastly maybe another backup big which we took care of here. It's good to have a certain amount of bigs as insurance and this helps that, we were pretty stocked at every other position.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakers_09tv on Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:21 pm

KeepBynum wrote:
lakers_09tv wrote:Here we go overrating our players again. Have any of you ever seen Jordan Hill play? Dude is a bust. McRoberts is better than him.

Have you watched him play? In only 15 mpg he's averaging 5 & 5. He's a good, solid backup. Definitely better than McRoberts.

Yes, I've watched several Rocket games this season. He isn't better than Josh. Last season Josh averaged 7 and 5.
Matt Barnes - "I respect all my opponents but I fear no one."

Deron Williams - “I hate ’em, you know,” he said the other day. “I hate the Lakers. They’re so good. I hate them because they win all the time. They’re a tough team. … We definitely talk about it. It’s not a secret. We hate the Lakers.”
lakers_09tv

Postby Doberman on Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:22 pm

Who cares? Have you seen Fisher play? He sucks harder than 10 black holes. Have you seen Luke Walton play? No, because he sucks even harder. From a talent, age, and financial perspective, we're now better on all 3 fronts than we were 24 hours ago.
Doberman

Postby LTLakerFan on Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:32 pm

DirtySoap wrote:

Not sure about his game, but he easily has the best hair on the team this season. I like the trade though. Big body, good athlete.

Hope he is more coordinated and has more offensive capability than what he shows on that clip above. Seems like his balance isn't great, at least in that clip.
LTLakerFan

Postby DirtySoap on Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:34 pm

He's probably a bust if you were expecting him to develop into a franchise leading big man, but he's big and can move. You could do worse for a backup center on a rookie contract. If he stays healthy and doesn't play stupid, we shouldn't ask for more.
DirtySoap

Postby GinoDB on Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:39 pm

DirtySoap wrote:He's probably a bust if you were expecting him to develop into a franchise leading big man, but he's big and can move. You could do worse for a backup center on a rookie contract. If he stays healthy and doesn't play stupid, we shouldn't ask for more.

perfect post, this should be quoted whenever a cheap player is signed or traded for as a backup.

think Kwame for example, we wanted him to be great back then. but what if we only needed him to be a backup? then he would have been seen as serviceable (of course he made more $$ but thats another story)
GinoDB

Postby Finwë on Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:45 pm

If I remember correctly, I used to get REALLY frustrated when he was on the floor because Pau was just dead stopped by him. I kept saying, what are you worth Pau if you can't score on Jordan Hill?? Hopefully, it had more to do with Hill's defense than with Pau's passiveness.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby soondolee on Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:09 pm

wow....some people wants to get star player for fisher??? the fisher??

unbelieveable..... :bang:
soondolee

Postby Doc Brown on Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:37 pm

LOL at people dogging this guy...

Ummm Helloo he's a backup big for relatively cheap. Sorry we didn't trade Fisher for Kareem in his prime to backup Pau / Bynum.

He's going to be a solid option for us and if he could get 5-10 minutes a game it would be huge for us.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Lakeshow24 on Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:46 pm

You Jordan Hill haters are ridiculous. What did you expect in return for Derek friggin Fisher? Blake earned his minutes, Goudelock earned the other scraps, and Sessions is our main guy now, making Fisher completely useless at this point.

Thanks to Mitch for "doing" it.
UCLA, Los Angeles, CA. Born and Raised.
In Dr. Buss I Truss!
THE ORIGINATOR OF: "Call It From Heaven Chick!"
"To be removed if the Lakers make the playoffs." Well, I removed it for an hour and decided to put it back. I have to be honest.
Lakeshow24

Postby Weezy on Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:55 pm

Nobody here is overrating Hill, we know he's a backup big that may play a few minutes a game. And those asking why the hate, it's because people wanted Beasley not Hill, it's still a fresh sting.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Next

Return to Lakers Discussion