Jordan Hill: Back for 2 yr/$18 mil (Team option 2nd year)

Re: Jordan Hill Discussion

Postby khmrP on Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:08 am

another guy who most thought was just garbage filler in an otherwise salary dump in which we had to throw in a 1st :man10: me included. What a great find, hopefully he doesn't follow the trend like Shannon and Ariza :freak2: and either get worse or over value themselves financially i.e. Ariza.
khmrP

Postby The Rock on Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:19 am

He and D'Antoni didnt get along in NYK apparently, hope Mike doesn't punish him and sits him because hes not a great offenisve player, cant shoot or doesnt read plays well. HEs a pure hustle player you need him out there

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby nthydro on Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:54 pm

The Rock wrote:He and D'Antoni didnt get along in NYK apparently, hope Mike doesn't punish him and sits him because hes not a great offenisve player, cant shoot or doesnt read plays well. HEs a pure hustle player you need him out there

Actually his offense has really improved. He's shown he can hit the mid range jumper and has a decent jump hook inside. Whether or not he keeps improving on offense, idk. But like you said, his strength as a player is hustling and energy. So whatever he gives us on offense is a bonus.
nthydro

Postby pound4pound1 on Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:17 pm

Pau would be an ATG if he had Hill's fire...this dude brings it no matter what...every loose ball, he truly feels, belongs to him
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby khmrP on Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:22 pm

pound4pound1 wrote:Pau would be an ATG if he had Hill's fire...this dude brings it no matter what...every loose ball, he truly feels, belongs to him

true that, if he could vastly improve and become more consistent from the 15-20ft, I would say Pau is that much more expendable, he already is but if I see Hill making those jumpers at a Bass/Haslem/Landry type effiency I wouldn't even mind seeing Hill start.
khmrP

Postby Weezy on Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:13 pm

Has 'Antoni's phasing out of Hill begun? I hope not... :scurred:
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby noobiew on Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:15 pm

Only 4 minutes tonight, does it's mean that Jordan Hill is already in MDA dog house?
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby revgen on Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:16 pm

Unlike Brown, it appears that D'Antoni is playing Jamison at PF. Which means if Hill gets minutes, he'll be playing C behind Dwight. Dwight played 39 minutes tonight.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby lotus on Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:18 pm

Sure does seem like it. He's one of our best hustle power forwards in years. I would not be pleased to see him go.
lotus

Postby Ariza3 on Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:31 pm

it would suck if hes only gunna get these minutes. hes huge for our bench and i love playing jamison at the 4 but i think there is a way to play both.

IMO Jamison/Dwight lineup is good. and a Hill/Pau lineup would be good too. Allowing pau to play in the paint more. pretty much you start pau with dwight and halfway through the 1st and for the rest of the game you play those lineups for our front court.
Ariza3

Postby ThizGuy83 on Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:37 pm

have jordan hill start... dwight and hill... gasol as the primary back up c... and jamison as the primary back up 4... depending on foul situations and how the team is playing... then mix it up
Dwight "tweedle Dee tweedle dum" Howard
ThizGuy83

Postby JGC on Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:38 pm

revgen wrote:Unlike Brown, it appears that D'Antoni is playing Jamison at PF. Which means if Hill gets minutes, he'll be playing C behind Dwight. Dwight played 39 minutes tonight.

Not to mention, I think he and D'Antoni didn't get along in NY.

Hill is all but done here in LA. Sucks. He was one of my favorite players!
JGC

Postby Ariza3 on Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:08 pm

got outrebounded 28-39...play Hill.

dwight/jamison & pau/hill together. it'll work.
Ariza3

Postby Johnnyboy on Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:43 pm

Hill >>>the rest of the bench. So I really hope pringles doesn't punish anyone who doesn't put offense first. Seems like Pringles doesn't like defenders or people who like to rebound...And BTW, Offensive rebounds creates more offense.

Heck..I say move pau to the bench and have him play with the second unit and start Hill. Pau is aging real fast. He would do REAL well in the 2nd unit. Odom type thing. Still playing 30+ min. Hill and howard is a great defensive front court that will rebound everything. If Hill can hit that mid range like he has been that's enough to space the floor enough for howard to operate. Pringles system makes Jamison/meeks look good. I rather Howard/hill and pau look good...Doesn't that make sense? lol
Johnnyboy

Postby kobe_mamba on Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:29 am

brandonr2001 wrote:have jordan hill start... dwight and hill... gasol as the primary back up c... and jamison as the primary back up 4... depending on foul situations and how the team is playing... then mix it up

This.

I actually posted this idea a few pages back in this thread...when hoping that Hill doesn't get lost in the MDA offense. I think this idea really has merit. Makes Howard more the focus in the starting unti and gives us some legit scoring off the bench through Pau. Pau might just have to suck it up and make it work.
ESPN/ABC Commentator, GSW Coach and NBA Legend Mark Jackson on Kobe Bryant
'No disrespect to Kyra Sedgwick, but damn he is The Closer'
'Mamma, there goes that man'
kobe_mamba

Postby Doc Brown on Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:50 am

He should be getting more minutes. Take 5 minutes from D12, 5 minutes from Pau and 5 minutes for himself.

D12 (35), Pau (8), Hill(5)
Jamison (20), Hill (10), Pau (18)

Now Pau can go hard for 26 minutes a night and have no excuses for fatigue.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby cthroatgtr on Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:25 pm

Hill with Gasol, Jamison with Howard....simple why don't the coaches get this?
cthroatgtr

Postby nthydro on Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:29 am

They really need to find him minutes. He definitely deserves to play
nthydro

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:39 am

Unfortunately, I don't know if he'll see any minutes; quite frankly, I think if the pattern continues to give him limited minutes, he might be traded. He's proved that if he finds the right niche he can excel. W
dwighthowardsdad

Postby Punk-101 on Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:20 am

Howard/Jamison (20)
Howard/Gasol (15)
Gasol/Hill (13)

48 minutes of C/PF rotations.
“Action has meaning only in relationship; and without understanding relationship, action on any level will only breed conflict. The understanding of relationship is infinitely more important than the search for any plan of action.”
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
Punk-101

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:24 am

His skill set makes him the odd man out in this system which is unfortunate, but we have to go with what is most effective.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:01 pm

Hill needs to be playing more minutes. He's been our best player off the bench so far this season and right now Pau and Dwight are playing way too many minutes which is leading to them being fatigued.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby Murdock on Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:42 pm

kobe_mamba wrote:
brandonr2001 wrote:have jordan hill start... dwight and hill... gasol as the primary back up c... and jamison as the primary back up 4... depending on foul situations and how the team is playing... then mix it up

This.

I actually posted this idea a few pages back in this thread...when hoping that Hill doesn't get lost in the MDA offense. I think this idea really has merit. Makes Howard more the focus in the starting unti and gives us some legit scoring off the bench through Pau. Pau might just have to suck it up and make it work.

worst idea ever ... there is no stretch at 4 .. hill is worse shooter than gasol and better post player then Howard ... they would took each other space ...
Murdock

Postby revgen on Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:57 pm

I'd like to see Hill get at least 15 minutes per game. With Pau suffering from tendonitis and Dwight coming off back surgery, I think both starting bigs should have their minutes cut a bit more. Jamison and Hill should receive more time.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby ThizGuy83 on Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:05 pm

Murdock wrote:
kobe_mamba wrote:

This.

worst idea ever ... there is no stretch at 4 .. hill is worse shooter than gasol and better post player then Howard ... they would took each other space ...

u do realize that im talking about nash kobe and mwp all starting also... mwp has turned himself into a pretty reliable shooter now... we have shooters from 1 to 3... we wouldnt need to have a stretch 4...
Dwight "tweedle Dee tweedle dum" Howard
ThizGuy83

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion