Jordan Hill Discussion: Back for 2 yr/$18 mil

Re: Heat, Warriors, Magic and Wolves Interested In Jordan Hill

Postby lakersin4 on Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:34 pm

I think the reason Hill & Ebanks don't have contracts yet is so that they can be included in a S&T for Dwight..
lakersin4

Postby JSM on Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:39 am

ESPN wrote:• Look for the Wolves to get unrestricted free agent forward Jordan Hill unless the Lakers swoop in. It's down to those two teams. Hill had a lengthy discussion when in town with Kahn about his legal troubles. The Wolves feel comfortable signing him right now.

• If Hill does go back to Los Angeles, the Wolves could turn to free agent forward Carl Landry. They've talked to his representative. Landry played for Wolves coach Rick Adelman in Houston.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:40 am

JSM wrote:
ESPN wrote:• Look for the Wolves to get unrestricted free agent forward Jordan Hill unless the Lakers swoop in. It's down to those two teams. Hill had a lengthy discussion when in town with Kahn about his legal troubles. The Wolves feel comfortable signing him right now.

• If Hill does go back to Los Angeles, the Wolves could turn to free agent forward Carl Landry. They've talked to his representative. Landry played for Wolves coach Rick Adelman in Houston.

It would suck to lose Jordan Hill for nothing. :bang:
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby XXIV on Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:00 am

Hopefully he returns and he can be the backup 5/4 depending on if AJ signs with us. But it seems the possibility of AJ coming to LA is threatening his PT.
XXIV

Postby The Rock on Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:26 pm

Blazers wont let Batum go so that means Minnesota has a boatload of capspace and no free agents to spend it on, I have a strong feeling after amnestying Darko they're gonna give Jordan Hill a MLE type offer.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:29 pm

The Rock wrote:Blazers wont let Batum go so that means Minnesota has a boatload of capspace and no free agents to spend it on, I have a strong feeling after amnestying Darko they're gonna give Jordan Hill a MLE type offer.

Or they could save it for next year.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby The Rock on Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:30 pm

KeepBynum wrote:
The Rock wrote:Blazers wont let Batum go so that means Minnesota has a boatload of capspace and no free agents to spend it on, I have a strong feeling after amnestying Darko they're gonna give Jordan Hill a MLE type offer.

Or they could save it for next year.

they have no depth in bigs. Love and Pekovic thats it, no Darko, no Athony Randolph, nothing

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Damian Necronamous on Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:33 pm

Now that we have Jamison, we just really just sign Jordan Hill and see if we can deal McRoberts and Goudelock to the Warriors for Brandon Rush in a S&T.
Damian Necronamous

Postby khmrP on Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:35 pm

Damian Necronamous wrote:Now that we have Jamison, we just really just sign Jordan Hill and see if we can deal McRoberts and Goudelock to the Warriors for Brandon Rush in a S&T.

i support this :jam2: we can package McSuck with Howard trade if that goes through.
khmrP

Postby lakersin4 on Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:50 pm

Damian Necronamous wrote:Now that we have Jamison, we just really just sign Jordan Hill and see if we can deal McRoberts and Goudelock to the Warriors for Brandon Rush in a S&T.

That's the best case scenario.. I think they'll want Hill for Rush though.. & that's a really tough call..
lakersin4

Postby therealdeal on Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:29 pm

lakersin4 wrote:

That's the best case scenario.. I think they'll want Hill for Rush though.. & that's a really tough call..

Not for me. Rush is far and away better than any swingman we have off the bench. We have zero legitimate depth at that position. Inside however we now have 3 legitimate big men that can score and create opportunities for others. Hill is a luxury, Rush is a necessity.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakersin4 on Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:38 pm

therealdeal wrote:
lakersin4 wrote:

Not for me. Rush is far and away better than any swingman we have off the bench. We have zero legitimate depth at that position. Inside however we now have 3 legitimate big men that can score and create opportunities for others. Hill is a luxury, Rush is a necessity.

While I agree in the context of our current roster, I'm operating under the belief that we'll get Dwight which means also taking J-Rich or Hedo.. Either of those contracts on the wings & I doubt we'd be spending on depth there..
lakersin4

Postby Finwë on Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:38 pm

therealdeal wrote:
lakersin4 wrote:

Agreed but remember the playoffs. Who knows if Pau & Drew will show up? A big who actually gives it his all and hustles could become a necessity once again.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:43 pm

^ Drew showed up. Pau didn't.

Anyways I was all for bringing back Hill before we got Jamison, but now that we got Jamison he won't play much so I think we'll sign and trade him for a SG or SF.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby Finwë on Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:50 pm

Our source, who has an extremely close relationship with Jordan Hill, told Hoops-Nation.com that the Lakers are trying to sign Hill to a 2-year contract that pays $3 million per season.

Minnesota is offering $5 million per season for three years, but Jordan Hill prefers to be a Los Angeles Laker.

When asked if the Dwight Howard situation is the reason Jordan Hill’s extension has been delayed so long, our source said he was “not sure”.

Source: HoopsNation.com Via lakerholicz.com
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Alcindor on Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:52 pm

^ If that's the case I think Mini's gonna get him
Alcindor

Postby Finwë on Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:53 pm

KeepBynum wrote:^ Drew showed up. Pau didn't.

Anyways I was all for bringing back Hill before we got Jamison, but now that we got Jamison he won't play much so I think we'll sign and trade him for a SG or SF.

Did he? There were a couple of games in both playoff series where he looked incredibly desinterested.
And this was AFTER he had the "epiphany" that the more D he played the better the Lakers would be.
"Closeout games are kinda easy" -->> No show.
Kobe is playing with gastroenteritis and scores 30 --> Bynum no show.
Game 5 at OKC -->> No show. Just off the top of my head. There are more examples.
Finwë

Postby GoldHammish on Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:53 pm

How much time do they envision Hill playing? $3M is a lot for a player to only play like 10-15 minutes a game, assuming Jamison gets the majority of the backup PF minutes and that Pau gets the majority of the backup C minutes.
GoldHammish

Postby Finwë on Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:55 pm

Alcindor wrote:^ If that's the case I think Mini's gonna get him

Of course they are. 2-year deal worth 6M or 3-year deal worth 15M?
I know, we are a contender and they aren't, but still, like Mitch said, 9 out of 10 times the player chooses money. Also, don't forget that Minny has less bigs and Hill would get more minutes. More minutes = better stats = more money, usually.
Finwë

Postby GoldHammish on Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:56 pm

Finwë wrote:

I know, we are a contender and they aren't, but still, like Mitch said, 9 out of 10 times the player chooses money. Also, don't forget that Minny has less bigs and Hill would get more minutes. More minutes = better stats = more money, usually.

Well, we can hope for S&T (for a guard that can create his own shot, please!)
GoldHammish

Postby Finwë on Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:57 pm

GoldHammish wrote:How much time do they envision Hill playing? $3M is a lot for a player to only play like 10-15 minutes a game, assuming Jamison gets the majority of the backup PF minutes and that Pau gets the majority of the backup C minutes.

Exactly. And we still have McRoberts under contract, AND the FO is reported to be curious about Sacre..
3M is a fair offer from our standpoint. I wouldn't blame Hill for taking the Minny offer though.
Finwë

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:57 pm

Finwë wrote:

Did he? There were a couple of games in both playoff series where he looked incredibly desinterested.
And this was AFTER he had the "epiphany" that the more D he played the better the Lakers would be.
Game 5 at OKC -->> No show. Just off the top of my head. There are more examples.

He averaged 17/10 in the playoffs. He wasn't great, but he wasn't completely MIA like Pau either. No one on the team had a great playoffs. Hell in the last two seasons no one has played great in the playoffs. That's why we've been bounced out of the second round back to back seasons.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby Finwë on Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:58 pm

GoldHammish wrote:
Finwë wrote:

Yes. That's the way to go IMO. Assuming Hill is OK with it.. I don't know if we can find him a deal as good as the Minny one.. And they won't do a S&T when they can easily just sign him without giving up anything.
Finwë

Postby GoldHammish on Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:04 pm

Finwë wrote:
GoldHammish wrote:
Finwë wrote:

Yes. That's the way to go IMO. Assuming Hill is OK with it.. I don't know if we can find him a deal as good as the Minny one.. And they won't do a S&T when they can easily just sign him without giving up anything.

It's been discussed so many times already, but if the reports about us being interested in Brandon Rush are true, as well as the reports about the Warriors being interested in Jordan Hill, that would be the ideal S&T for us.
GoldHammish

Postby Finwë on Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:05 pm

KeepBynum wrote:
Finwë wrote:

He averaged 17/10 in the playoffs. He wasn't great, but he wasn't completely MIA like Pau either. No one on the team had a great playoffs. Hell in the last two seasons no one has played great in the playoffs. That's why we've been bounced out of the second round back to back seasons.

I give you that he wasn't as MIA as Pau was, but, as I said, he had some terrible games in terms of effort & impact. Also, he talked too much (defensive epiphany // closeout games // overconfident after being down 2-0 -"we know exactly how to stop them" or something like that after practice-) and didn't back it up.

He had the potential to be so dominant (like we saw in the first couple of games against Denver), such a game changer for us, and he wasn't. Sometimes stats don't tell the whole story, and this is a prime example.
Finwë

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion