Jordan Hill's Summer Assignment: Become A Stretch 4

Re: Jordan Hill's Summer Assignment: Become A Stretch 4

Postby LTLakerFan on Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:25 am

Rambis is going to have one hell of a raw tongue from biting it to keep from saying what needs to be said to this guy as forcefully as it needs to be said. Bombs away baby!! Love those long rebounds in 2/3 of the games where we're dying by them rather than living by them. Maybe Rudy Three would like back in on the fun as an assistant? What's Chucky doing these days?

:atkins: :man10: :bang:
LTLakerFan

Postby BadCoaching on Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:51 am

Why oh why are they moving him further from the basket.

Pau going to be at the top of the key again..

Bleh
BadCoaching

Postby Alleyhoops on Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:02 am

Hill should watch some film of how A.C. played on the offensive end. Crashed the boards when others put up the rock, floated out to 12-15 feet later in the shot clock and was money from there. Can Hill be a Green type player? Perhaps. A.C.'s footwork was very underrated, also, on both ends. A great weak side rebounder. If Hill could become another A.C., he could have a role alongside higher profile teammates in the future. The best squads feature players who play to their strengths, balance the floor and complement the strengths of others. Hone his game, carefully expand his role around what he does best.
Alleyhoops

Postby trodgers on Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:40 am

Center Court wrote:MDA's dream team

Bosh
Anderson
Korver
Reddick
Nash

First, I laughed at this.
Second, it's true that IF we had a four to shoot, that would be great.
Third, it's true that this could help Hill stay on the court more.
Fourth, I'm a bit surprised to hear that D'antoni is working Hill in this way. Coach had been showing a good bit of trust in his players and modifying his system to suit the talent he has.

Since coming to LA, Hill has taken 12 shots from 10-15 feet (hitting 6) and 49 from 16-23 feet (hitting 15). Those are pretty consistent with his career numbers. Why are we trying to make him change his very efficient playing style?
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby wcsoldier81 on Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:35 am

At this point , MDA is just "doing things" for trolling purposes ...

He knows his job is safe during next " nothing is expected" season so you best believe he's going to play his type of ball and have fun with it no matter what ...

Wouldn't be surprised to see this type of lineup at times on the floor

Nash
Blake ( Farmar)
Kobe
Young
Gasol
wcsoldier81

Postby wcsoldier81 on Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:35 am

At this point , MDA is just "doing things" for trolling purposes ...

He knows his job is safe during next " nothing is expected" season so you best believe he's going to play his type of ball and have fun with it no matter what ...

Wouldn't be surprised to see this type of lineup at times on the floor

Nash
Blake ( Farmar)
Kobe
Young
Gasol
wcsoldier81

Postby Sirron on Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:55 am

it's ok, if it doesn't work out, we can blow it all up again in another year.
Sirron
Mst Intrsting mn n th wrld

Postby Sirron on Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:56 am

So, in other words, we'll be blowing up again next year.
Sirron
Mst Intrsting mn n th wrld

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:01 am

Nothing wrong with expanding his game to fit into a pick and pop player. I'm sure at the ripe old age of 26, he can still get from the free throw line extended area to the basket to get rebounds.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby therealdeal on Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:04 am

Doc Brown wrote:Nothing wrong with expanding his game to fit into a pick and pop player. I'm sure at the ripe old age of 26, he can still get from the free throw line extended area to the basket to get rebounds.

This is my point too.

A three point shooter? Maybe a short corner three occasionally, but other than that I'll pass. I like the idea of him working on his mid-range jumper though. We've all been saying he needed to work on that anyway even before MDA showed up. He needed to work on that because he's not tall or strong enough to play in the post consistently.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby ZenMaster4President on Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:10 am

Da hell, real?

This will just take him out of rebounding position, something I predict both Pau and Kaman gonna suck badly.
Damnit.. who hired this idiot.
Pau Gasol yesterday morning when asked about Dwight Howard: "I haven't called. Calls are expensive."
ZenMaster4President

Postby XXIV on Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:47 am

This is just plain stupid. He's a garbage man who hustles by getting rebounds and put backs. By playing him further away from the basket we take away his greatest effect. :bang:
XXIV

Postby khmrP on Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:52 am

Kevin Love is a stretch 4 and still manages 14+ rebs a game....gota expand your game in this league, if Hill doesn't get a solid mid-range game nobody is gona respect him on the floor offensively.
khmrP

Postby XXIV on Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:55 am

khmrP wrote:Kevin Love is a stretch 4 and still manages 14+ rebs a game....gota expand your game in this league, if Hill doesn't get a solid mid-range game nobody is gona respect him on the floor offensively.

He had a decent mid range game earlier in the season, but it was too short of a period to see whether it was truly something he could do for the whole season. I just don't want MDA making him shoot threes.
XXIV

Postby Juronimo on Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:29 am

Jordan Hill expanding his game is a good thing. I don't know what all the outrage is about.

Ferguson, we hear you.
RIP Mike Brown.
Juronimo

Postby Center Court on Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:17 pm

Juronimo wrote:Jordan Hill expanding his game is a good thing. I don't know what all the outrage is about.

the fact that he is talking about 3 range.

I went to UofA and know Jordan's game well, he can shoot, but he's not stretch 4 which is what MDa wants him to be.

he's a high energy, rebounding defender who is a beast on the offensive glass. If he's camping out waiting for shots, we're not gonna rebound as well.
Center Court

Postby gcclaker on Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:19 pm

Hill adding to his game is fine. Can he be a Channing Frye with reasonable accuracy? That is the bigger question to me at least.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:10 pm

ZenMaster4President wrote:Da hell, real?

This will just take him out of rebounding position, something I predict both Pau and Kaman gonna suck badly.
Damnit.. who hired this idiot.

These are my opinions as well:
khmrP wrote:Kevin Love is a stretch 4 and still manages 14+ rebs a game....gota expand your game in this league, if Hill doesn't get a solid mid-range game nobody is gona respect him on the floor offensively.

Juronimo wrote:Jordan Hill expanding his game is a good thing. I don't know what all the outrage is about.

It's not about making him a shooter. It's about him improving a mid-range game that was so awful a lot of Laker fans were BEGGING him to develop a shot last season. Just because our coach is D'Antoni, doesn't mean Jordan learning a jump shot is a bad move.

Taking 3s? Yeah, I'd prefer if he didn't. But having a nice jump shot is ALWAYS a good thing and will guarantee him more playing time.

What's the down side here? That he's being coached by D'Antoni so it must be the wrong move?
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:32 pm

Center Court wrote:

the fact that he is talking about 3 range.

I went to UofA and know Jordan's game well, he can shoot, but he's not stretch 4 which is what MDa wants him to be.

he's a high energy, rebounding defender who is a beast on the offensive glass. If he's camping out waiting for shots, we're not gonna rebound as well.

This is my objection as well. If Jordan wants to work on his 15-18 foot jumper like crazy, that's great, he already has a decent one so no harm. Any further out than that is stupid to me though, I don't believe he has the form to be effective that far out, and to me it's as dumb as trying to make Pau a stretch 4.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby LooN3y on Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:34 pm

Mid-Range Game yeah of course,

but having hill at the 3pt line rather than pau next year is worse,

pau is a better shooter, now we're getting a worse shooter out there on the 3pt line.

great, if he really wanted a stretch 4, he should of lobbied for LO or treated Jamison with some more respect.

this is getting ridiculous, how is this dude going to have players adjust to his offense, rather than take advantage of the players god given abilities and talent?

like god, is that so hard? does MDA seriously lack any creativity or any real coaching skills to adjust to his personnel?

this doesnt make sense, hes a coach in the highest level of basketball, this should be simple, something a HS basketball coach can do.

oh my god, this is going to be the same as next season.
LooN3y

Postby therealdeal on Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:34 pm

I will say this:

1. I love that Jordan is trying to develop a jump shot. If he wants to continue to find work in the League, that's something he has to do.

2. I don't want him taking any threes except maybe the occasional short corner three to get the spacing right on a certain play.

He can rebound just fine by taking mid-range shots though from 16 feet in. That shouldn't change his rebounding ability whatsoever.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby chingy248 on Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:47 pm

Serious question

If MDA were coach at the time...does Bynum get benched here?

Edit: MWP's reaction @:07 lol :man10:

chingy248

Postby LooN3y on Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:58 pm

therealdeal wrote:I will say this:

1. I love that Jordan is trying to develop a jump shot. If he wants to continue to find work in the League, that's something he has to do.

2. I don't want him taking any threes except maybe the occasional short corner three to get the spacing right on a certain play.

He can rebound just fine by taking mid-range shots though from 16 feet in. That shouldn't change his rebounding ability whatsoever.

MDA has pau on top of the key and on the wing, plenty of times, im sure it wont change for hill.

we seriously need to get rid of this guy.

i dont get it, why dont we run and when we run, and play the half court game when it best suits us?

i feel like MDA has no real influence over the core players
LooN3y

Postby therealdeal on Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:03 pm

^ He didn't once he changed his system to fit Pau and Howard better.

People are using this as an excuse to bash D'Antoni and I just don't really understand that. Jordan NEEDS to develop a jumper. It will make his game better. Now obviously a three is probably too far back, but why is it a problem that he's trying to develop a mid-range jump shot too? That's good. That's good for the team.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Center Court on Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:04 pm

chingy248 wrote:Serious question

If MDA were coach at the time...does Bynum get benched here?

Edit: MWP's reaction @:07 lol :man10:

No, he get's Game Ball
Center Court

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion