I just figured it out, how about this.

I just figured it out, how about this.

Postby Mookie on Tue Jul 01, 2003 9:27 pm

We trade Shaq for Amare, then we have enough cap space to sign Arenas and O'neal and why not Payton or Malone too.

Besides Shaq is on the decline, Amare is on the rise!!

Amare will be the best big man in the NBA!!!

Final roster

PG. Gilbert Arenas/Derek Fisher
SG. Kobe Bryant/Kareem Rush
SF. Devean George/Rick Fox/Luke Walton
PF. Amare Stoudemire/Brian Cook
C. Jermaine O'Neal/Karl Malone
Mookie

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Tue Jul 01, 2003 9:33 pm

Won't happen...
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby BDG on Wed Jul 02, 2003 12:02 am

Won't happen...
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Get Real

Postby Calimatic on Wed Jul 02, 2003 12:04 am

You need to understand the way trades work. In the NBA you can't just trade. You need to trade for equal value.

The only person that is earning the kind of money that Shaq is that could be tradeable is KQ and TD.

I really don't think either one of those teams will part with their players.

So whether you are please or displeased we do not have any possibilities for trading Shaq. Interesting thought; however, it is not feasable.

How about lets trade Rick Fox (injured players can only be traded in the offseason) and Derek Fisher for Jason Terry and Nazr Muhammad. That will clear up a little room to go out and get Karl or PJ.

By the way, the Karl Malone deal is looking more and more possible. Dallas has soured and Malone and is looking to acquire Alonzo. Big mistake for Dallas, because he is gone in 2-3 years; But then again Malone is just a rental too. :man1:
Calimatic

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Wed Jul 02, 2003 11:46 am

I dont think the Suns would wanna pay the kinda money we signed him for. The value isn't the same compared to Amare. Sure Shaq isn't his best, but he's still the most dominant big man. After his contract is up, he's prolly gonna go into law.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Laker brain on Wed Jul 02, 2003 11:57 am

Shaq for Amare wouldn't work, and if it could I wouldn't do it.
Todays minimum is yesterdays maximum!
Laker brain

Postby Mookie on Wed Jul 02, 2003 12:06 pm

Then Shaq for TD, hes better than Shaq, I dont care whatever we do, Kobe has to be the player thats tays in LA not Shaq
Mookie

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Wed Jul 02, 2003 12:09 pm

Wait a minute... we need them both... Both need to be healthy, and what we really need is someone who can be that 3rd consistant scorer. We don't need to give the spot light to just one player, it's not about one person, it's about tha team.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Dejaman on Wed Jul 02, 2003 1:25 pm

Trade Shaq for Amare? Wow did you come up with that all by yourself?
I know that this is a forum where people express their opinions but you have to draw the line somewhere. Theres a fine line between opinion and bullshyt and if you think Amare is the key to the Lakers next title than you can go pull Bruce Bowens nutz out of KB's pocket.

Kobe is the key to the title
but Shaq is the foot that kicks in the door.

Lakers up
Hoes down
Dejaman

Postby Mookie on Wed Jul 02, 2003 6:14 pm

Dejaman, Stoudemire is 20 years old, he made some moves to Duncan, that OMG Duncan looked like a bad player, he dunks the basketball like crazy!! He blocks every shot his way, and remember he's only 20, he's only gonna get better, and I'm absolutly sure that if you offer Shaq to the Suns they will give you Amare and Marion or Amare and Marbury.
Even Amare and Penny, it would be crazy!!!
Mookie

Postby vic5150 on Wed Jul 02, 2003 7:05 pm

never, ever, ever, not in a million years woud this farce of a trade happen :man7:
Black Dynamite: "I'm declaring war on anyone who sells drugs in the community!"
Chocolate Giddy-Up: "But Black Dynamite, I sell drugs in the community!"
vic5150

Postby TheZen on Wed Jul 02, 2003 7:10 pm

If you in your wildest mind are thinking about trading Shaq for any player whatsoever...i otta smack you in tha head :bang: :disagree:
TheZen

Postby Mookie on Wed Jul 02, 2003 7:54 pm

Look Shaq is not our best player, he used to be, now hes fat, slow dumb and hes out of shape, we should build around kobe not around shaq, kobe will be better than mj when everything is said and done. sorry thats just what it is
Mookie

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu Jul 03, 2003 2:02 pm

But Kobe isn't the enitre team, are u missin the point? The team is built around Shaq, and look where it has gotten us? We have 3 rings for that, a great [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] coach. Why fix something if it aint broken? I understand ur passion for Kobe, but look at this in a team perspective. Don't just sit there and dwell on the fact that u want him to be the greatest player ever, cuz I'm sure we all want that. But before we would ever want that, we'd want what's best for the team and organization. The Lakers NEED Shaq, and since he's still ballin it up, and now he's workin hard with trainers, he'll be in shape by no time.
LakersGyrl2003

Return to Lakers Discussion