Is it just me............

Is it just me............

Postby Laker brain on Thu Jun 19, 2003 11:55 pm

Is it just me or does the nba.com lakers site need to have someone update it, it is the official site of the lakers but it SUCKS, I'd rather come here to clublakers.com, because it has much more information. I'm glad I found this website, because the official site never changes.
Laker brain

Postby BDG on Thu Jun 19, 2003 11:59 pm

i agree. when you look at a head to head comparison, www.lakers.com is a less sophisticated site than ClubLakers.com. Plus, you always can get rumors and forums/chat, unlike Lakers.com.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Laker brain on Fri Jun 20, 2003 12:02 am

Does anyone know of other nba rumor sites other than hoopshype, insidehoops, and prosportsdaily?
Laker brain

Postby FirstLady on Fri Jun 20, 2003 12:37 am

Lakers.com is ran by the NBA and is a completely different type of site from this one (it does not have a discussion board, which this site is). I don't think they have anyone assigned to updating the site during most of the off-season, but when the season is in play, it's a good site for Lakers info.
FirstLady
Clublakers Queen (1st Female)

Postby Snakell Beast on Fri Jun 20, 2003 1:19 am

Hey, I WANT people to prefer CL to the official website. I want people to always check us first for the latest Laker news and updates. It will take a while for that to happen, but since we conglomerate all the different articles of tons of sites onto the daily already and have people with expert opinions (especially me :man12: .) and we give people more of a voice, have lots of different content and that is why people come more often as we go along. The TV show (and hopefully the liscensed rights to the team and a partnership with the organization) will make this site WAY more popular....
Snakell Beast

Postby BDG on Fri Jun 20, 2003 1:44 am

oh most definitely. better site should = more hits.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby shaqass on Fri Jun 20, 2003 3:51 am

Laker brain wrote:Does anyone know of other nba rumor sites other than hoopshype, insidehoops, and prosportsdaily?

far from beeing as good as CL but interessant:

http://www.realgm.com
http://www.hoopsworld.com

I used to check nba.com but not anymore. It is not really practical and all you can find there you can find it in CL as well... :jam2:
shaqass
Clublakers Rep: Neuchatel

clublakers.com vs. lakers.com

Postby oochamps on Fri Jun 20, 2003 5:27 pm

I couldn't agree more. The official team website is very lack luster, kinda like a super model who is hella fine, but also whom is too damn finaky and stuck to the good girl script. Clublakers.com was referred to me by a friend of mine almost a year ago now, and I have been coming here for news updates and commentary ever since.

Great job guys(founders and opporators of, "the club."

Keep up the good work, and yeah we're a little biased, but when you true Lake-fan, that's how we be.
oochamps

Postby BDG on Fri Jun 20, 2003 5:37 pm

i really reccomend you register, since you're such a great supporter of this site. Once again, we keep growing everyday. Pretty soon, we MAY be the official Laker site haha

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Fri Jun 20, 2003 6:43 pm

That's why I like bein a part of a community board. Cuz it's us fans that keep it goin, cuz of our luv for the game. We insight eachother, and get eachothers views, and also get very logical opinions, better than most sportswriters. Ur right, each teams offical site doesn't include a lotta stuff we have, but hey, there can only be one, clublakers!
LakersGyrl2003

Postby BDG on Fri Jun 20, 2003 6:49 pm

In a matter of a month, we've gained 54 members... that's not bad for a newly re-modeled site.

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sat Jun 21, 2003 10:34 am

This board get's alot of traffic, especially how easy it is... This beats UBB boards, ezboards, and any other boards I've ever posted on...

But the thing I love most about ClubLakers is how dedicated the staff is... It's not easy for the admin. to get up every morning and go fetch out every article... Alot of respect their...

And as for this board, it's not even decirated in purple and yellow yet. Wait till we get this board to match the site colors and stuff... Like CL said, the best is yet to come!
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby iWuVkObE8BrYaNT on Sat Jun 21, 2003 12:05 pm

i learned of dis site via GOOGLE :man9:
iWuVkObE8BrYaNT

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sat Jun 21, 2003 3:04 pm

I found out about this site by mistake. I was searching in yahoo and found it. For a month I was just a GUEST and I was scoping the site out. Then I was so impressed at the rate of new info coming in and the individuals contributing to the site that I quickly signed up. Feels like a family in here. We might argue at times, but at the end we respect each other.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby LARolePlayer on Sat Jun 21, 2003 4:17 pm

This site is WAY better than the official one or any other one for that matter. Keep up the great job :bow:

GO LAKERS!!! PURPLE/GOLD for life
LARolePlayer

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sat Jun 21, 2003 4:38 pm

I forgot how I found this site out... I was just lookin for some Lakers forum posting sites, and this one caught mah eye. I didn't like the fact that other forums had SOOO many members, and this one seemed to fit mah needs... I'm luvin it, and luvin tha fact that we're makin this site grow day by day. :jam2:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Snakell Beast on Sun Jun 22, 2003 12:48 am

What I liked about CL when I first found it was the potential. There weren't a whole lot of members yet, but the members that came were interested in talking about the Lakers, not posting weird dumb incoherent things with lots of symbols and exclamation points...The people here have always been about breaking down the finer details of the best team in NBA history (soon to be not only the winningest but the most often champions)...the Los Angeles Lakers...
Snakell Beast

Postby shaqass on Sat Jun 28, 2003 2:12 am

Yeah this site is really the one. I have more than 25 links about NBA and Lakers but since I found CL I am going there really seldom. The site is not only up to date (well, do you enjoy your holiday CL :man1: ) it is really nice and easy to use. As Kobe1 said it is a bit like a familly. Now that this site will grow condiderably in the next years in hope we can keep the atmosfer the same as now, with interesting thread and opinions. I would love to see more fans from other team. I think the best thread are the ones where people doesn't agree and where "clever" fans from others teams said what they think.
shaqass
Clublakers Rep: Neuchatel

Return to Lakers Discussion