just a thought but what about Eddie

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Sun Jun 29, 2003 4:21 pm

sorry Sallian, but EDDIE is not a free agent nor is he a restricted free agent. His name came about because there were rumors that RILEY was shopping his name around. He makes 9 million a year and is way over his going rate. We would have to give up 3 to 4 players just to match what Eddie is getting with the HEat. Even though it would be nice to all the EDDIE JONES fans to reunite him with KOBE ... Its EDDIE's salary that will scare away many of the teams who are looking not to go over the cap.
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sun Jun 29, 2003 4:25 pm

Maybe after a few years when his contract is up, he begins to realize that winning a championship is the most important thing and the Lakers can get him cheap.

Its only a dream, but I wish it could happen.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Sun Jun 29, 2003 4:33 pm

yea.. maybe after another couple of years.. he will decide to come back to L.A. I can't say home because his mother lives in FLORIDA although he went to school in PHILLY. Yea... he is definitely a model citizen and we could use his humble personality here with the LAKERS. He's just a great guy especially if he signs at a minimum once his contract expires....
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sun Jun 29, 2003 4:36 pm

Wasn't it last year or a couple of years ago, that Kobe told Eddie that he wanted him back with the Lakers???
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Sun Jun 29, 2003 4:47 pm

I never heard of that statement from KOBE... but if KOBE wants EDDIE.. since they were old friends back in PHILLY.. then I hope KOBE gets his wish. KOBE always wanted PIPPEN in L.A because KOBE said he wanted to start up the DOBERMANS again.. (the name tag on JORDAN/PIP with the way they hounded the opposing guards). I think KOBE wants EDDIE cause he is great in hounding the ball and can get many deflections. Also Eddie has handles enough to ignite the teams offense. It would relief KOBE of those duties at some plays. Plus, KOBE knows EDDIE and trust in him.... he knows his game from playing in PHILLY. I wish the LAKERS didn't pull that trade but KOBE develope because of it. Now that KOBE is established... I would like to see JONES back for another stint...Although I doubt KOBE's wish will come true this year but maybe in the next couple of years... I hope.
#1_Kobe_fan

:

Postby JSM on Sun Jun 29, 2003 8:47 pm

I like Eddie but between him being injured a lot and having a big contract, I don't think he is what we need right now.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby SWOL on Sun Jun 29, 2003 9:46 pm

if we could get him for Horry and DFish, why not ,,, they make 9 mil between the 2 of them ,,, right now id rather have Eddie than Fish and Horry
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

:

Postby JSM on Sun Jun 29, 2003 9:51 pm

would he play sg and we move kobe to sf or would eddie play pg, because if he played sg then what do we do about a pg, and if we sign one with our MLE, then what would we do about a PF?
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby SWOL on Sun Jun 29, 2003 10:01 pm

we can sign PJ Brown to the MLE ......... give the LLE to either tyronn lue or Antonio Daniels..... remember Phil loves big guards
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby FirstLady on Tue Jul 01, 2003 1:31 pm

crucifido wrote:At the price of not being able to sign any free agents for the next 2 years?

No, that's too high a price. I was just commenting that I'd love to see Eddie and Kobe playing together once again, especially now that Kobe is da man!
FirstLady
Clublakers Queen (1st Female)

Previous

Return to Lakers Discussion