Kidd in LA?

Kidd in LA?

Postby pskillz on Mon Jun 16, 2003 3:37 pm

Hey the way Jason Kidd :bow: sound talking last night after the game he could possibly be lored into playing for the purple and gold.... playing in a team that can win a championship and he would definitely solve the PG issue in LA What u guys think?
pskillz

Postby Lakerfantilidie on Mon Jun 16, 2003 3:52 pm

Would be a great addition, but I doubt it would happen. I really don't see Kidd taking less money for a ring, when San Antonio will prostitute themselves to keep us from getting him and give him a truck load of money. There are other teams also, that may pay him more also that have a shot.
Lakerfantilidie

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Mon Jun 16, 2003 5:47 pm

It is logical to state that Kidd is going to the Spurs since they have the money to offer and they are one of the favorites to win next year.

HOWEVER, how do you like if your teammates are the same people that broke your heart the year before and beat you in the FINALS. I know that Kidd has pride like most of us, and since he is a superstar he would rather go to a team that can beat the Spurs.

This situation is comparable to the A-Rod free agent situation in baseball. I remember they asked him if he wants to go to the World Champs Yankees who can pay more than anyone, but already has a shorstop in Derek Jeter. (See the similarity since the Spurs already has a point guard in Tony Parker). A-Rod stated that he wants to beat the World Champs and not join them.

If I was the Spurs, I would rather get a power forward in Jermaine O'neal, than a point guard, since the Spurs already have one.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby pltan on Mon Jun 16, 2003 7:16 pm

I don't think there's much chance Kidd could come to LA, unless we trade one of our two 'untouchables'
pltan

Postby whats golden on Mon Jun 16, 2003 8:58 pm

hasn't Kidd said that he wants to know the playing future of K Mart befroe he makes any decisions about where he goes. Any thoughts on how we could perhaps get the 2 of them in the purple and gold? Imagine the starting line up

Shaq
K-Mart
George
Kobe
Kidd

I know its a pipe dream but damn how good would we be

They said playing basketball would kill me. Well, not playing basketball was killing me.
Earvin ''Magic'' Johnson
whats golden

Postby Lakerfantilidie on Mon Jun 16, 2003 9:17 pm

I really don't think Kidd will be a Laker next year, and in all likelyhood he will probably stay with New Jersey. Why would he want to come back out West. New Jersey will pay him, and it will be a lot easier for him to keep getting to the Finals if he stays in the East. I just have to believe that he's gotta be thinking if we can get one or two more players we can finally challenge the West. They are not that far away from giving the Lakers & Spurs a run for their money. I'm just speculating, but I believe New Jersey is going to do everything they can to bring Kidd back and secure Scott as their future coach. Just my opinions.
Lakerfantilidie

Postby whats golden on Mon Jun 16, 2003 9:22 pm

i'm interested to see what the net do about scott. i hope that scott eventually comes back to LA, not that i want PJ to retire anytime soon but I think scott belongs in LA - just like coop.

They said playing basketball would kill me. Well, not playing basketball was killing me.
Earvin ''Magic'' Johnson
whats golden

Postby pltan on Mon Jun 16, 2003 10:49 pm

Gotta disagree there, after watching the finals...I think the Nets need another big name to compete with any of the big guns of the west.
pltan

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Tue Jun 17, 2003 1:45 am

are you guys forgetting that KIDD is from California? His idol while growing up was MAGIC!! At a Laker game in 1994 before the draft he was asked if he ended up playing for the LAKERS one day Kidd answers "it'd be a dream come true" I wouldn't take KIDD off the Mitches want list. I would feel better however if WEST was our GM then we would know that our chances would be a lot better. However, wouldn't it surpise everyone if KIDD ends up with L.A. He has already made enough money. Didn't he just finish his 80 million contract? I bet all he wants is a ring and a chance to play with SHAQ and KOBE and to wear the PURPLE and GOLD. Of course if he stays with the NETS there is a possibility that he may reach the FINALS annually but with the LAKERS it would be almost be automatic. How many assist do you think KIDD would average playing alongside KOBE n SHAQ. don't forget KIDD battled PARKER/NASH/PAYTON in the allstar game point guard skills game.
KIDD got the best of all of them. Com'on MAGIC give KIDD a call and talk him into coming to L.A..........
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby whats golden on Tue Jun 17, 2003 4:28 am

could we swing a sign and trade deal for kidd?

Earvin ''Magic'' Johnson
whats golden

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Tue Jun 17, 2003 9:25 am

Jason Kidd in L.A. will never, ever happen...
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Danny Ainge on Tue Jun 17, 2003 3:33 pm

Kidd=San Antonio, end of story!
Danny Ainge

Postby zetaw00d on Tue Jun 17, 2003 3:36 pm

Kidd in LA!!! If pigs fly and Buss opens his pockets!!!
zetaw00d

Postby Danny Ainge on Tue Jun 17, 2003 3:41 pm

Buss's pockets don't open that far
Danny Ainge

Postby pltan on Tue Jun 17, 2003 5:34 pm

#1KobeFan: It's fun to dream. But you think Kidd is going to sign for our MLE?
pltan

Postby whats golden on Tue Jun 17, 2003 6:20 pm

i think we might be able to swing a sign and trade, but i don't know who to send

Earvin ''Magic'' Johnson
whats golden

Postby pltan on Tue Jun 17, 2003 6:45 pm

whats golden wrote:i think we might be able to swing a sign and trade, but i don't know who to send

Huh? Kidd's a free agent right?
pltan

Postby zetaw00d on Tue Jun 17, 2003 6:46 pm

Ill put money that Kidd doesnt go to the Lakers!!!! hahaah
zetaw00d

Postby ELF on Tue Jun 17, 2003 6:47 pm

Whats Golden are you crazy? I don't care what Kidd said in 94, he would have to be a damn fool not to take the money. You are talking about 100mil dollars over 6 yrs with an option to make 20 mill in year 7. I don't blame him for not have the desire to play for the 4.8 million the lakers can offer. let's see 4.8 mil or 15 mil per....hmmmmm i think i would take the 15 mil. You want find anyone modern day player that would take that amount of paycut. Kidd is thinking..... well i can play for the lakers at 4.8 and win a title or I can play for the Spurs at 15 mil and win a title. I'll take the Spurs and buy me a old school Magic jersey.

And a sign in trade, what would it take? Kobe or Shaq. So which one do you want to give up. Because other than that we would have to trade.... D.George, Fox, Fisher, resign Horry and trade him, oh yeah that would live us with no money to sign anyone. Also, we would be paying three players over 65 mill a year. And the cap is 58mil.

This has nothing to do with Jerry Buss, it's just not realistic.

I'm out ---ELF
ELF

Postby whats golden on Tue Jun 17, 2003 8:50 pm

thanks for clearing it up ELF. I don't know all the ins and outs of how trades work. I'm still learning. That said if we were to sign Kidd with our MLE, we can spend whatever it costs to resign him at the end of the next season can't we?

Earvin ''Magic'' Johnson
whats golden

Postby pltan on Tue Jun 17, 2003 9:16 pm

What's Golden : They'd have to promise Kidd big money in order to get him to sign for our MLE this year, and pay him back for the opportunity cost of signing so cheaply. Where will this money come from? We're already over the cap and in luxury tax territory if I'm not mistaken, and if we're not we're damn well close to it.
pltan

Postby Neumatics on Wed Jun 18, 2003 1:34 am

Oh yeah, Jerry West is in Memphis now
Neumatics

Postby PROfec e-01 on Thu Jun 19, 2003 5:38 pm

We really dont need a PG that much. The Lakers are in need of a PF and a new bench. I expect to see a whole new line-up for the LA LAkers next season.

:man7:
PROfec e-01

Postby Lakerfantilidie on Thu Jun 19, 2003 6:48 pm

I also see the Lakers addressing the pf problem. The best fit, even though I don't want to see it, cause I looking at long term, will be Malone. I see the Lakers going after Malone. He will work out cause of his ability to hit 15 footers which he will have all night long with Shaq & Kobe on the floor. The only difference will be this time they will be open uncontested 15 footers. Malone will help Shaq tremendously on the boards. You won't see Shaq running around next year saying can someone other me get a f*&%#@! rebound. I see the Lakers only going after Howard and Brown, if Malone don't work out. If the Lakers do try to address the pg position, it will be with Payton, not Kidd. Payton would more likely accept less than Kidd would. At any rate, Clark would not work for us. We all saw how he stunk up the place with Sacramento, and they were expecting big things from him and never got it. From thier point of view at the beginning of the season, even with Webber going down in the playoffs they should still be able to win with Clark. That didn't happen. So that speaks for itself about Clark, stay away from Clark.
Lakerfantilidie

Return to Lakers Discussion