J-Kidd wouldn't mind 4.6 Mil. to goto Lakers!!! Link Inside!

J-Kidd wouldn't mind 4.6 Mil. to goto Lakers!!! Link Inside!

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Thu Jun 19, 2003 9:35 am

This is from a New Jersey paper...

Kidd refused to rule out anything. He did not rule out a sign-and-trade with Sacramento involving Mike Bibby and Hedo Turkoglu. He didn't rule out taking a $4.6 million, one-year contract from the Lakers.

"Things change," Kidd said. "What I was saying was that if they gave me a max contract I would probably go deaf. But the big thing is there are so many other opportunities out there. I want to win a championship. That's the bottom line."

Source - http://www.nj.com/sports/ledger/index.ssf?/base/sports-1/1056004422165050.xml
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu Jun 19, 2003 1:26 pm

Oooooh me oh my.... :jam2: Who do ya'll think will work better with tha Lakers, GP or Kidd??
LakersGyrl2003

:

Postby JSM on Thu Jun 19, 2003 2:40 pm

Well even though I highly doubt he will come to LA, if I had to chose between Kidd or GP. I would definitely pick Kidd. He is a much better all-around player. He average better than Payton in practically every single stat. And would play better with Kobe and Shaq. They would be virtually unstoppable. Kidd is looking to pass more than Payton is, so other players on the team would benefit more if the Lakers had Kidd. And egos would not be an issue. And Kidd is 5 years younger than Payton, so he would be playing in La for a longer period of time. So if we had a choice, then Kidd all the way.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Snakell Beast on Thu Jun 19, 2003 4:37 pm

Kidd is like a PG version of Kobe without the scoring. He does absolutely everything and that would make our backcourt unbelievably sound in ever category...plus Kobe could play completely off the ball...
Snakell Beast

Postby Lakerfantilidie on Thu Jun 19, 2003 6:25 pm

I will say this. I am a doubter. I don't think Kidd will end up in LA. I think he will do what any of us would do if were in his position. Show me the money$$$$$ and I'm there. I think he will take the $$$ from a contender team that offers him the most. The only way I see him in LA is if it was a childhood dream for him. Out of all the teams in California which is where he is from, I think he would choose the Lakers, even over Cowtown. If we got him, the Lakers would be unstoppable, it wouldn't matter what we did at the pf position. We would be so deep at pg and sg it would be ridiculous. We would also be able to mix up how we play. Run and gun w/Shaq off the floor and 1/2 court with him on the floor. We would be able to keep up with any team cause we would not have to play 1/2 court all the time. Teams will :man6: if we get Kidd, especially Mark Cuban.
Lakerfantilidie

Postby pltan on Thu Jun 19, 2003 6:47 pm

Have to agree with Lakerfantilidie. Kidd's been around a while, but not so long that he'd be willing to forgo serioush cash offers from other teams. And quite frankly, if he does come for the MLE, I'll be more than happy to eat my words. :)
pltan

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Thu Jun 19, 2003 8:08 pm

LOL,,,,.. looks like you might eat those words real soon... LOL

What did I tell ya'll. KIDD has already made his millions. Wasn't his last contract worth 90 million?.... If he took the Lakers 4.5 mill this year it would hurt his pocket book. The Lakers could just resign him after a year to increase his salary and give him a fatter contract than just the MLE. I think we can sign him to a 10 million a year player thats if we get rid of some of the deadbeats on the team.
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Thu Jun 19, 2003 8:10 pm

If he signs with LA KOBE/SHAQ/KIDD would be the most dominate trio to ever be in a same team.... EVER!!!! That beats WEST/BAYLOR/WILT
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby Lakerfantilidie on Thu Jun 19, 2003 8:48 pm

#1 Kobe Fan, I agree, that would also rank, with Magic, Kareem, & Worthy. That trio would be devastating. I also agree that if Kidd took what we had to offer, we would compensate him in the future if he was willing to wait. Plus I don't know if the league still allows this. But Shaq has said in the past for the right player he would re-negotiate his contract to help make room for that player on the team. I would love to see him come here, but don't think it will happen. But if it does, I will welcome him with open arms. We would be solid at the guard spot. Kidd, Fisher, Pargo, Bryant, Rush. Wow!
Lakerfantilidie

Postby shaqass on Fri Jun 20, 2003 4:16 am

This BS come always at this time of the year. Players say all that they would not mind playing for less money in a championship team caliber. They know it's good because this uncertainty force the other teams to fight and give more money to catch them. What I think and it is my opinion only: no GP and no way Jason Kidd for us!!!! Sure I would like to dream as well. There are so few player who accepted less in the past (Fox....who else?) I don't think one second JK will do it.
shaqass
Clublakers Rep: Neuchatel

Postby Neumatics on Fri Jun 20, 2003 6:31 am

Sure he'll come to LA...if he wants to commit carrer suicide.....the triangle is just not a point guard offense. It involves all 5 players touching and swinging the ball, with Shaq being the centerpeice. Playing PG for the Lakers would be a huge waste of his talent...and i'm sure that's what everyone else is telling him as well. If he wants to come back to Cali, why be a roleplayer on a great team when he can be a superstar on a great team (sacramento)? Doesn't make much sense from his point of view, especially when he is comming off his 2nd strait MVP caliber season. Not going to happen people.
Neumatics

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Fri Jun 20, 2003 10:59 am

Well, I don't nessicarly agree with his style of run 'n' gun, mixing with the triangle offense, but could you imagine Kidd and Kobe on the break...

:man4:

I still don't think this will happen, but hey, at least it's on his mind.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Fri Jun 20, 2003 1:05 pm

GP going to the Lakers is a more likely scenario. I had a feeling that Kidd said what he said about the Lakers MLE because he wants to drive his price up. Give the Spurs or the Kings a little scare about joining the Lakers.

I wish that Kidd would go to LA, but that scenario is unlikely.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Return to Lakers Discussion