Kobe's accuser

Kobe's accuser

Postby 4Rings on Wed Jul 09, 2003 4:09 pm

Say she's 19, blond & was held against will

By RANDY WYRICK in Eagle, Colo. and JOSE MARTINEZ in New York DAILY NEWS WRITERS

The 19-year-old Colorado woman who slapped NBA star Kobe Bryant with a sex assault rap was described yesterday as a pretty blond college student with little incentive to lie.

The teenager worked at the ritzy resort near Vail where the married hoops star was staying on June 30, the night of the alleged attack, friends said.

Bryant, 24, who insists he is innocent, was arrested on suspicion of felony sexual assault and a previously undisclosed charge of unlawful imprisonment, Eagle County Sheriff Joseph Hoy said yesterday.

"Basically, he was not letting her leave when she wanted to leave," Hoy said.

Bryant's accuser was described as popular and outgoing. Her family was said to be behind her. Those who knew her said they believed she was telling the truth.

"It takes guts for her to take this stand," said one acquaintance. "We don't know what happened, but it makes no sense for her to lie about something like this."

"I can't imagine someone going through something like sexual assault, and then to open yourself up to the kind of publicity this is going to create. I'm not sure I could do it," another friend said.

Friends said the teen, who attends a state college, was working for the summer on the concierge desk at the exclusive Lodge and Spa at Cordillera, in Edwards, Colo.

Hoy said the young woman had split town with her family. A woman who answered the phone at the family home last night in the nearby town of Eagle declined to comment.

Bryant, who was in Colorado for knee surgery, stayed at the lodge ‹ where mountainview suites go for as much as $625 a night ‹ from June 30 to July 2, a lodge spokesman said. Bryant surrendered to authorities on the Fourth of July.

Standing by Bryant

The arrest floored the Lakers, basketball fans and Bryant's relatives, who considered the married hoops star ‹ father of a 6-month-old daughter ‹ to be a model of clean living.

"I don't believe one word of what's been said about Kobe," said Steve Laine, Bryant's father-in-law. "I'd bet my life on it that he didn't do anything."

Bryant's lawyers insist he's innocent and have blasted the sheriff's office for obtaining an arrest warrant against Bryant even as prosecutors said they were still reviewing the case.

Authorities have released few deta through something like sexual assault, and then to open yourself up to the kind of publicity this is going to create. I'm not sure I could do it," another friend said.

Friends said the teen, who attends a state college, was working for the summer on the concierge desk at the exclusive Lodge and Spa at Cordillera, in Edwards, Colo.

Hoy said the young woman had split town with her family. A woman who answered the phone at the family home last night in the nearby town of Eagle declined to comment.

Bryant, who was in Colorado for knee surgery, stayed at the lodge ‹ where mountainview suites go for as much as $625 a night ‹ from June 30 to July 2, a lodge spokesman said. Bryant surrendered to authorities on the Fourth of July.

Standing by Bryant

The arrest floored the Lakers, basketball fans and Bryant's relatives, who considered the married hoops star ‹ father of a 6-month-old daughter ‹ to be a model of clean living.

"I don't believe one word of what's been said about Kobe," said Steve Laine, Bryant's father-in-law. "I'd bet my life on it that he didn't do anything."

Bryant's lawyers insist he's innocent and have blasted the sheriff's office for obtaining an arrest warrant against Bryant even as prosecutors said they were still reviewing the case.

Authorities have released few details of the incident, but Hoy said his office has solid evidence against Bryant.

District Attorney Mark Hulbert has said it may be days before his office decides whether to formally charge Bryant. He told ABC's "Good Morning America" yesterday that a sexual assault charge would "always involve penetration or intrusion into the genital area of the victim."

Experts say the scandal could cost Bryant ‹ who recently signed a 10-year, $45-million Nike deal ‹ millions in endorsements.
4Rings

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Wed Jul 09, 2003 4:25 pm

Where's the link???

See this has two sides of the story. But it still makes no sence when u really look into this case with everything that has been provided... How could Kobe hold her against her will??
LakersGyrl2003

Postby BDG on Wed Jul 09, 2003 4:45 pm

Well, IF Kobe "held her against her will", what did he do to her? There has to be more to her claim than "Kobe held me." This is ridiculous.

I don't think a victim of sexual assault wants to go out for a good time the next day on vacation... how convenient of her to do so.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby SterlingBlueSatinGlow on Wed Jul 09, 2003 4:51 pm

The 19-year-old Colorado woman who slapped NBA star Kobe Bryant with a sex assault rap was described yesterday as a pretty blond college student with little incentive to lie.

This statement made me laugh. They're saying a couple million is "little incentive" to a 19 year old college student.
SterlingBlueSatinGlow

Postby BDG on Wed Jul 09, 2003 4:54 pm

yeah! what the hell are they talking about?!

remember... everyone has a price.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Reddy on Wed Jul 09, 2003 4:59 pm

I know! NIce find. Lets hope kobe gets cleared by the end of the week :bow:
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby Lakerqueen on Fri Jul 11, 2003 12:21 am

Lakerqueen

Postby 3inarow...again? on Fri Jul 11, 2003 2:35 am

Kobe better sue the [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] out of everyone involved if/when this is dropped, and make his own charges against this "blond...with little incentive to lie", for the embarrassment this has caused him and his family, which is something that's hard to get over.

Innocent until proven Guilty....damn straight....and sometimes still innocent no matter what anyone says! We aren't the judge, we aren't the jury, and neither is the US of A.
3inarow...again?

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Fri Jul 11, 2003 4:57 am

You know what... I dont even think Kobe will sue them... He doesn't wanna cause problems, but then again, it's slander, u know?? This isn't right, but if I know the Kobe I think I know, then he wouldn't wanna cause anymore than what there is now, u know??
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Reddy on Fri Jul 11, 2003 9:49 am

I think he will cuz he is a man that fights for human rights. so i think he will do it.
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby kingjsun on Sun Jul 13, 2003 11:23 am

This will be a good week for the lakers. No charges against Kobe will be the icing on the cake.
Buckle up! This off season is going to be some ride...
kingjsun

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sun Jul 13, 2003 11:47 am

Nicely put, kingjsun.

With the signings of Payton and Malone, along with the dropped charges of Kobe(hopefully), it will be a good direction in getting normalcy in Los Angeles.

I have this feeling that Hoy, has something against Kobe. Just from the words he states, he seems overly biased. He is suppose to search for the truth and not create one. There is reasonable doubt in this accusation, and it will be droppped before it gets started.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby kingjsun on Sun Jul 13, 2003 12:01 pm

I think Hoy does really have some real evidence. However, I don't think it will hold up in court. For instance, lets say hair was found on the 19 year old. That's evidence. Problem is, she works there and probably has access to his room where hair can be found in the bed, shower, etc.
Buckle up! This off season is going to be some ride...
kingjsun

Return to Lakers Discussion