KOBE and shaq top nba first team!

KOBE and shaq top nba first team!

Postby Reddy on Tue May 06, 2003 4:44 pm

Below are the results of the voting for the 2002-03 All-NBA Teams, with First Team votes in parentheses:

2002-03 ALL-NBA FIRST TEAM

Position Player, Team (1st Team Votes) Points
Forward Tim Duncan, San Antonio (120) 603
Forward Kevin Garnett, Minnesota (115) 596
Center Shaquille O’Neal, L.A. Lakers (112) 593
Guard Kobe Bryant, L.A. Lakers (118) 599
Guard Tracy McGrady, Orlando (107) 578

2002-03 ALL-NBA SECOND TEAM

Forward Dirk Nowitzki, Dallas (5) 360
Forward Chris Webber, Sacramento (1) 310
Center Ben Wallace, Detroit (5) 307
Guard Jason Kidd, New Jersey (16) 355
Guard Allen Iverson, Philadelphia (8) 350

2002-03 ALL-NBA THIRD TEAM

Forward Paul Pierce, Boston 91
Forward Jamal Mashburn, New Orleans 63
Center/Forward Jermaine O’Neal, Indiana (2) 165
Guard Stephon Marbury, Phoenix (1) 141
Guard Steve Nash, Dallas 85

Other players receiving votes, with point totals: Yao Ming, Houston, 55; Karl Malone, Utah, 33; Shawn Marion, Phoenix, 28; Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Cleveland, 25; Vlade Divac, Sacramento, 23; Steve Francis, Houston, 18; Ray Allen, Seattle, 15; Gary Payton, Milwaukee, 14; Rasheed Wallace, Portland, 14; Allan Houston, New York, 10; Brad Miller, Indiana, 8; David Robinson, San Antonio, 8; Pau Gasol, Memphis, 8; Peja Stojakovic, Sacramento, 8; Michael Jordan, Washington, 7; Antoine Walker, Boston, 3; Amare Stoudemire, Phoenix, 2; Antawn Jamison, Golden State, 2; Elton Brand, L.A. Clippers, 2; Theo Ratliff, Atlanta, 2; Brian Grant, Miami, 2; Jalen Rose, Chicago, 1; Jamaal Magloire, New Orleans, 1; John Stockton, Utah, 1; Michael Finley, Dallas, 1; Mike Bibby, Sacramento, 1; Tony Parker, San Antonio, 1; Wally Szczerbiak, Minnesota, 1.
Last edited by Reddy on Tue May 06, 2003 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Tue May 06, 2003 4:47 pm

Nice, cool post Red...
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Reddy on Tue May 06, 2003 4:55 pm

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:Nice, cool post Red...

THANKS! :bow:
LAKERS IN 5!

CHAMPIONS ALWAYS MAKE THE LIST :man12:
INNOCENT

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby BDG on Tue May 06, 2003 4:57 pm

it makes no sense to me how KB can get only two votes less than tim duncan and get THIRD place in the MVP voting...
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Reddy on Tue May 06, 2003 4:58 pm

YEAH
EVERYONE HATES THE LAKERS :man6:
CUZ THEY DAH CHAMPS! :man10:
INNOCENT

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby Lakerqueen on Tue May 06, 2003 5:10 pm

Interesting that the Lakers aren't considered one of the better teams, yet they're the only team to have 2 guys on the First Team. Dallas has two guys on the lists also, but one is on Second and the other on Third

I must say, though, I think whoever did the voting finally got the top 5 players in the league on the First Team.

Lakers all the way! :jam2:
Lakerqueen

Postby Reddy on Tue May 06, 2003 5:14 pm

Lakerqueen wrote:Interesting that the Lakers aren't considered one of the better teams, yet they're the only team to have 2 guys on the First Team. Dallas has two guys on the lists also, but one is on Second and the other on Third

I must say, though, I think whoever did the voting finally got the top 5 players in the league on the First Team.

Lakers all the way! :jam2:

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep
now thats FAIR :man11:
INNOCENT

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Tue May 06, 2003 7:56 pm

Maybe all this hating is fake...Maybe they wanna make it seem as though they're hating on the champs, cuz they know we're gonna take it this year. They keep sayin our bench isn't as deep as the rest of the teams, but they've been saying that for the past years. And with all this negative critisism thrown at the Lakers, maybe they just wanna start controversy to market the media or something, i dunno... It's funny though to turn the tables on them...
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Reddy on Wed May 07, 2003 4:33 am

LakersGyrl2003 wrote:Maybe all this hating is fake...Maybe they wanna make it seem as though they're hating on the champs, cuz they know we're gonna take it this year. They keep sayin our bench isn't as deep as the rest of the teams, but they've been saying that for the past years. And with all this negative critisism thrown at the Lakers, maybe they just wanna start controversy to market the media or something, i dunno... It's funny though to turn the tables on them...

I GOT TONS OF PEOPEL I GOTTA GO LAUGH MAH HEAD OFF AT WHEN LAKERS QUATROW!
INNOCENT

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

voting

Postby Guest on Wed May 07, 2003 5:04 am

Let me try to shed some light on the voting.

Duncan got MVP (right or wrong). When voting for 1st Team All NBA, 2nd team, and 3rd team you are comparing Duncan to ONLY forwards. Kobe competes only against guards. Shaq against centers. Note: 2 years ago Kobe was 2nd Team All NBA, even though he had more votes then a forward on the 1st team. It's not based on top 5, even though it worked out that way this year. Also, 2 years ago when Kobe was 2nd Team All NBA, the 1st team guards were Payton and Kidd (both point guards). This is just another example of the NBA screwing up.

Having said that, I'm sure Webber, Wallace, Sheed, Garnett, Nowitski, etc took votes from Duncan. Despite media's hatred for Kobe, this is how he was only a few votes shy of Duncans number of votes. The real crime is the media voting for anyone at the center position other then Shaq. Maybe that's the real reason why Bob Ryan was suspended. HA HA

Re: voting

Postby Reddy on Wed May 07, 2003 5:14 am

kobegotskillz wrote:Let me try to shed some light on the voting.

Duncan got MVP (right or wrong). When voting for 1st Team All NBA, 2nd team, and 3rd team you are comparing Duncan to ONLY forwards. Kobe competes only against guards. Shaq against centers. Note: 2 years ago Kobe was 2nd Team All NBA, even though he had more votes then a forward on the 1st team. It's not based on top 5, even though it worked out that way this year. Also, 2 years ago when Kobe was 2nd Team All NBA, the 1st team guards were Payton and Kidd (both point guards). This is just another example of the NBA screwing up.

Having said that, I'm sure Webber, Wallace, Sheed, Garnett, Nowitski, etc took votes from Duncan. Despite media's hatred for Kobe, this is how he was only a few votes shy of Duncans number of votes. The real crime is the media voting for anyone at the center position other then Shaq. Maybe that's the real reason why Bob Ryan was suspended. HA HA

fires us up eh???????? :man1:
INNOCENT

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby Snakell Beast on Wed May 07, 2003 6:34 am

Well, at least they got the 5 absolute best players in the world on the top 5 list, so they got ONE category correct this season!
Snakell Beast

Return to Lakers Discussion