KOBE Behind Bars?????

Postby Lakerqueen on Wed Jul 09, 2003 12:31 pm

ThEeNeXtKoBe8 wrote:This is total [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.], y would a man who loves his kids and devotes everything to them want to sexually assault someone? :disagree: that's total [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]. this lady just wants money and to get kobe in trouble! :mad1: that's just stupid, they should clear charges immediately, he didn't do it! :man7:

To add on to that, Kobe just reconciled all his problems with his dad about 4 weeks ago. We all knew that was tearing him up. It hurt him not to have his dad in his life, but he did it because he was committed to his wife. He had told his dad "marriage is more important to me than anything, marriage is for life." Now why would he go stir up more problems in his life and his marriage only a month after things were finally looking up?
Lakerqueen

Postby thelakeshow on Wed Jul 09, 2003 3:24 pm

well its not looking good this whole cab thing isnt good a cab driver says he took kbe to the ER that night and he was covering his face and the DA says that they busted kobe becouse of brusing and sighs of rape not a she said he said case please noooooooo kobe please dont be true
thelakeshow

Postby Lakerqueen on Wed Jul 09, 2003 3:59 pm

Where the heck did you get all that information about signs of rape and bruising? I've heard no reports whatsoever about anything close to that. And it's very possible that the cab driver is lying.
Lakerqueen

Postby la21834 on Wed Jul 09, 2003 5:02 pm

It does not look good.
la21834

stupidity

Postby LakersFan2003 on Wed Jul 09, 2003 5:41 pm

thelakeshow wrote:well its not looking good this whole cab thing isnt good a cab driver says he took kbe to the ER that night and he was covering his face and the DA says that they busted kobe becouse of brusing and sighs of rape not a she said he said case please noooooooo kobe please dont be true

Man, some people are just so dumb. And no "no offense" disclaimer here either. First, no cab driver took Kobe to the ER the night of the alleged assault. A cab driver allegedly picked him UP from the hospital after he was released from the hospital. Why was he at the hospital? Nobody knows. Was he covering his face? Yes, but he was covering his face to protect his identity, as I imagine most famous people with money would do when entering a taxi cab late at night.

At this point, I don't know what to believe. I want to believe this is all just a bunch of crap. I think we'll all find out the truth by the time free agency signings are allowed (July 16). One thing though: If the evidence is so overwhelming, and there are bruises to her body, and he went to a hospital... if the case is so cut and dry and not "he said she said" why hasn't he been charged???? At this point, Kobe hasn't even been charged with a crime yet. Keep that in mind please.
LakersFan2003

Postby Troll Hater on Wed Jul 09, 2003 8:04 pm

The lakeshow is likely a troll who posts to get people upset. Don't assume that anyone who posts here is a Laker or Kobe fan. There are plenty of jerks on the Internet. In the future, if you read any post that seems ridiculous, outrageous, or isn't consistent with credible news reports, ignore it.
Troll Hater

Postby la21834 on Wed Jul 09, 2003 8:09 pm

In the long run I know Kobe will be ok
la21834

kobe

Postby kissjrj on Wed Jul 09, 2003 8:26 pm

I have a question...if Kobe was poor and couldn't afford bail......considering he was arrested, how could they have held him without charges?

kissjrj
kissjrj

Re: kobe

Postby Guest on Wed Jul 09, 2003 8:41 pm

kissjrj wrote:I have a question...if Kobe was poor and couldn't afford bail......considering he was arrested, how could they have held him without charges?

kissjrj

If Kobe was poor and wasn't a famous basketball, he never would have been arrested. Normally, from my understanding, you're served with an arrest warrant that was signed off by the District Attorney (DA). You're booked, then charged with the crime you were arrested for.

In Kobe's case, the cops got a little too excited, and instead of going through the DA to get approval for an arrest warrant, they went straight to a judge to get one (which, for the reason you stated, they don't do because they can't hold someone without charging them). This has caused considerable tension between the police and DA's office because now everyone knows he was arrested, but the DA doesn't have enough info to file a charge yet. Now, Bryant is free until the DA files a charge. According to sources from the DA's office, cops circumvent the DA's office when pursuing an arrest warrant less than 50% of the time.

The source in the district attorney's office disputed that, saying, "It's far less than 50%."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-kobenews9jul09,1,6596518.story?coll=la-headlines-sports-nba-lakers

Postby SWOL on Wed Jul 09, 2003 8:50 pm

TROLL HATER I COULD NOT AGREE MORE........ONCE HE IS EXONERATED ALL OF THE HATERS CAN GET TWO SALTY ROUND ONES
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby BDG on Wed Jul 09, 2003 10:16 pm

can I add to that and put in two BIG salty round ones?
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby thelakeshow on Fri Jul 11, 2003 5:10 pm

troll my [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] im as big of a laker fan as any and i love kobe and i dont think he did it but im just saying what i hear from Kroq so get of my [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] case it just doesnt look good dont i still dont think its true
thelakeshow

Postby Coppertop on Fri Jul 11, 2003 7:11 pm

I don't ever recall hearing the cab driver say Kobe was bruised and beaten up. He looked fine in the mugshot released today (although I know it was taken 4 days later). This cab drivers testimony is as worthless as that dude in the OJ case. And KROQ should NEVER be considered a credible source, sorry. Give me a real source, a real quote from the cab driver, and then we can continue this discussion.
Coppertop

Postby thelakeshow on Fri Jul 11, 2003 10:28 pm

no i was saying the girl was beat up but good point about Kroq
thelakeshow

Postby kmalone_the_duncan_killa on Fri Jul 11, 2003 11:02 pm

malone says hes going to help break Kobe out of jail as soon as he destroys Duncan
kmalone_the_duncan_killa

Postby Guest on Sun Jul 13, 2003 11:27 pm

:disagree: :man13: :man7: :man2: :bang:

Previous

Return to Lakers Discussion