Kobe Bryant and The 2004 All Star Game

Will Kobe Bryant Make The All-Star Team?

Yes, he will make the starting line up
94%
Yes, He Will Make the Reserves
No votes
No, he has lost too much respect from the nation
5%
No, he wont play in the league enough and wont be recognized
No votes

Total votes : 18

Kobe Bryant and The 2004 All Star Game

Postby LeXiCoN on Sun Jul 20, 2003 4:17 pm

hey u guys i was wonderin...

if kobe plays enough for the first half of the season do u think he will be voted into the starting line up of the all star team?

i dont think fans outside of LA will vote for him now...they hated him before...and they hate him even more now

i know everybody in LA will vote for the starting line of the LA Allstars to be in the allstar game, but i dunno if hez gunna make it...even though last year he got the most votes

if he doesnt get in the starting line-up i bet the coaches will pick him just kuz he is an outstanding player
LeXiCoN

Postby Return2Showtime on Sun Jul 20, 2003 4:22 pm

That's a very interesting point to ponder.... There have been plenty of other athletes in trouble that have still made the all-star team, but Kobe had a lot more respect than most of them to begin with... and we all know how the saying goes: the higher you are, the farther you fall.
The additions of Payton and Malone will bring the Lakers back to having talent like they did during the Showtime Era... maybe they can win another championship like the one Magic is holding.
Return2Showtime

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sun Jul 20, 2003 6:12 pm

Look, the true basketball fans will vote for Kobe because of what he does on the court, NOT off of it...

When Iverson had those legal troubles, it didn't make me alter my desicion to vote for him on the East. The man is amazing ON the court, and that's all that matters... Or at least it should.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sun Jul 20, 2003 6:13 pm

It's what Kobe does on the court that should matter. His life outside of the game should effect his position in the All-Star game :bow:
LakersGyrl2003

no

Postby jrh on Mon Jul 21, 2003 12:39 am

all star teams are voted on by fans from all over the country.

I don't think he will get voted in, this will be Michael Finley's and Peja's year. Kobe is going to face public scrutiny and diminished stats if he can truly play as a teammate with the new talent. If he is not voted, don't expect a coach to take him as a coach's pick, that would be too controversial and imply a vote of innocence.

If charges are dropped before voting ends and Kobe has great numbers, maybe. If not, I don't even think he would accept the offer, although his lawyers would have the final say.
jrh

Postby Vasashi17 on Mon Jul 21, 2003 12:51 am

Fans should and will vote him on...if he doesn't get voted on then its cool cause we will have the best record not only in the west, but in the NBA goin into All-Star weekend and that means Phil will coach the western squad....taking that into consideration you can't forget that the coaches can choose the reserves and we all know that Phil will choose Bryant (if he is not selected by the fans), Malone and Payton to come off the bench...who knows, Shaq might have to come off the bench too cause of all the votes Yao is going to get from China. But since its held in LA, the fans will riot if they don't get to see Payton, Malone, Kobe and Shaq out on the floor with each other at the same time. I don't care how long it happens, but it better happen
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Return to Lakers Discussion