Kobe Thread: Bucher- Kobe = Father of Team USA Success p.819

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: 7 str8 30pt gms - only 1 at his age!

Postby therealdeal on Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:04 am

It's too many shots. Next game I doubt we see anything like that... Howard shouldn't be in foul trouble all game long and we should see more shots go his way.

After watching the game for a 3rd time... I think at least 7-8 of those shots were just really bad shots. Shots he shouldn't take. 3-4 were CLEAR fouls that should have put him at the line. So my personal estimated norm for him with Nash back should be 28 shots. :man10:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby odom1year on Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:23 am

therealdeal wrote:It's too many shots. Next game I doubt we see anything like that... Howard shouldn't be in foul trouble all game long and we should see more shots go his way.

After watching the game for a 3rd time... I think at least 7-8 of those shots were just really bad shots. Shots he shouldn't take. 3-4 were CLEAR fouls that should have put him at the line. So my personal estimated norm for him with Nash back should be 28 shots. :man10:

Wondering what make you watching the game 3 times. Looking for an excuse for 41 shots taking ? I hope not. Kobe takes bad shots every game. At age 34, he should take 21 shots at most. By the way, I really hope his consecutive 30pts game ends. Remember last time when Kobe wanted to make a scoring record of 40 pts, He simply ignored the team, just kept requesting the ball and taking shots at every possession at the end of the game.
odom1year

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:40 am

I'm sure that's why he watched the game 3 times. I mean why would it be for anything else?

There's this thing called the Lakers and they are exciting to watch, not everyone tunes in to wish and pray Kobe does bad so they can go take a poo poo on him on the interwebz no matter how he plays or what he does.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby odom1year on Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:47 am

Michael Jordan at age 34 shot 12-39 in a win against the Spurs.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/199711030CHI.html
odom1year

Postby KBJelleyBean24 on Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:49 am

Ariza3 wrote:beginning of the game kobe's d was terrible. he was on barnes so not much of an offensive threat but still an nba who you have to respect bc of his activity.

kobe literally wasnt even looking at barnes. he could have walked to the rim and kobe wouldnt have known or done anything about it. kobe was ball watching for entire possessions even on the inbounds he didnt even look at barnes who was inbounding the ball. he sank so far into the paint and left barnes wide open for 3 like wide open. idk if it was bc it was a rookie barnes or if kobe would have done that for anyone but thats unacceptable.

It really doesn't surprise me. Kobe has a lot of mileage on those legs and playing 45 mpg confounds that problem. He can still D up in spurts though, remember that sequence against Cleveland where him and Irving went at it and Kobe blocked his shot? He can play good D but he has to make it priority number 1, above scoring and distributing. Plus Kobe never plays good D against players he doesn't think are good and leaves them wide open a lot of times.
I should get an assist for that. It's an intentional pass to oneself, so it's an assist. That way people can't say all I do is shoot.
-Kobe on passing the ball to himself off the backboard.
KBJelleyBean24

Postby lakersin4 on Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:01 am

I'd love to see Kobe shoot 70 times..
lakersin4

Postby odom1year on Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:06 am

KBJelleyBean24 wrote:
Ariza3 wrote:beginning of the game kobe's d was terrible. he was on barnes so not much of an offensive threat but still an nba who you have to respect bc of his activity.

kobe literally wasnt even looking at barnes. he could have walked to the rim and kobe wouldnt have known or done anything about it. kobe was ball watching for entire possessions even on the inbounds he didnt even look at barnes who was inbounding the ball. he sank so far into the paint and left barnes wide open for 3 like wide open. idk if it was bc it was a rookie barnes or if kobe would have done that for anyone but thats unacceptable.

It really doesn't surprise me. Kobe has a lot of mileage on those legs and playing 45 mpg confounds that problem. He can still D up in spurts though, remember that sequence against Cleveland where him and Irving went at it and Kobe blocked his shot? He can play good D but he has to make it priority number 1, above scoring and distributing. Plus Kobe never plays good D against players he doesn't think are good and leaves them wide open a lot of times.

Besides making excuse for his 41, we have to make excuse for his defense too. Unbelievable that Kobe is nothing wrong in Lakers forum. As we know, Pau and Nash are offensive guys, can Kobe let them to shoot more ? The answer is simple, and everyone knows it.
odom1year

Postby odom1year on Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:08 am

lakersin4 wrote:I'd love to see Kobe shoot 70 times..

I'd love to see Lakers win 70 games...I mean next regular season.
odom1year

Postby kenzo on Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:10 am

odom1year wrote:
lakersin4 wrote:I'd love to see Kobe shoot 70 times..

I'd love to see Lakers win 70 games...I mean next regular season.

You mean this one and next combined :man9:
kenzo

Postby Murdock on Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:17 am

Forklift wrote:you guys are just realizing this now? I mean that's what Kobe is. When he isn't making points he will try to shoot himself back into the game until he starts hitting and if it means 40+ shots he will do that. He will guard a guy with the ball 1 on 1 really well, but when the person he is guarding doesn't have the ball he slacks off. Sometimes i wish Kobe would not care about getting 25 - 30+ points a night and would be satisfied with 18 points a game. That way his shots will be smart shots and then in the 4th when we really need some points maybe hit a couple daggers here and there, but that's just not Kobe and that's now how he played to win 5 championships. I love Kobe, but when i'm watching him sometimes i really hate him :man10: .

problem is he doesn't guard one on one anymore ... he got burned like a rookie last game ... it was pretty painful to watch ... he made so many mistakes regarding pick and roll defense which resulted for post player guarding two players and Kobe in between doing nothing
Murdock

Postby thkthebest on Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:33 am

I'm not worried about Kobe's offense. It's his damn defense.He's been lazy. He loses his man constantly. Whether or not he even rotates properly is a coin flip. This is his worst defensive year imo.
My signature
thkthebest

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:54 am

I'm not defending him but it's the regular season... come play off time, he'll clean it up...
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: 8 str8 30pt gms - only 1 at his age!

Postby themasterphil on Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:30 am

he can shot 41 or 101 time in the game, but he will always the best player ever for me and basketball after Kobe would never be the same.... and his game when PO starts will be different then this I am sure, he play defense when really count
themasterphil

Postby easyguy on Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:33 am

KareemTheGreat33 wrote:I'm not defending him but it's the regular season... come play off time, he'll clean it up...

After the last two/three playoffs you still think the Lakers/kobe can turn it on and off whenever they want? :bang: :bang: :bang:
easyguy

Postby cthroatgtr on Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:37 am

Kobe will shoot if he thinks he has an open shot. It is up to guys like Nash to control that and he will. Its up to D'antonio to pull him out if he thinks he is outside of the team concept. Its what Phil would do is sit him longer if he thought he was too far outside the team game.

Regarding Kobe's defense. First it isn't what it used to be and that would be true of any guy in his 17th season. However the Laker breakdowns late in the last game were team defense issues on P/R. What was happening is the rotation never got there, thus killing the Lakers. Nash was abused on defense as well. Kobe's biggest defensive flaw has always been his roaming approach. The problem is he isn't quick enough to get away with it anymore. Kobe does play solid on ball defense but like the entire NBA P/R is a team concept and no one player can guard it one on one.

I know the games I have watched EVEN with Kobe's flaws the team has generally been lost without him. That too will get better with Nash back. D'antoni is also trying to get Pau more time without Howard so he can move into the post. Howard has yet to prove he can carry the team on offense when Kobe is out. I think Pau can.
cthroatgtr

Postby easyguy on Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:40 am

borri wrote:Ironic that on the night Nash comes back....Kobe chucks up 41 shots. Or is it........hrm.

No surprise here, he wants to show EVERYONE that he's still the top dog. He eats first!
easyguy

Postby JLaker17 on Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:42 am

Whats more amazing is that he was not fouled once.
JLaker17

Postby easyguy on Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:44 am

cthroatgtr wrote:Howard has yet to prove he can carry the team on offense when Kobe is out. I think Pau can.

100% agree. Howard needs to work on his offensive game fast. He's no longer 21 or 22 years of age, I think he has one move, face the player and either run fast to the right or the left, if his defender figured out which direction he was driving to, he is screwed!
easyguy

Postby easyguy on Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:45 am

JLaker17 wrote:Whats more amazing is that he was not fouled once.

Maybe the refs are tired of his whining and this is their way of telling him to shut up and play the game?
easyguy

Postby JLaker17 on Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:49 am

Oh thats right Kobe is the only one who whines to the refs.
JLaker17

Postby easyguy on Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:52 am

JLaker17 wrote:Oh thats right Kobe is the only one who whines to the refs.

Give me a player that whines more than Kobe. He not only whines, but during and after the whining, he just dont run back on defense.
easyguy

Postby Pig Miller on Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:58 am

so what i'm hearing is that kobe is playing hard on defense because it's the regular season? as kobe fans, don't we say that he's always giving 100%? which is it?

also, i don't think defense is just something you can turn on when the post season starts. it's a team effort, and one guy can't cover everyone's issues. you have to start the process of finding a team identity on the defensive end early on.
Pig Miller

Postby Lakerjones on Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:00 pm

easyguy wrote:

Give me a player that whines more than Kobe. He not only whines, but during and after the whining, he just dont run back on defense.

I've always found D. Wade pretty guilty of this same thing. Not saying more so. But maybe equal.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby cthroatgtr on Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:04 pm

easyguy wrote:

I don't think its possible to shoot 41 times in a game and not go to the FT line once. Kobe is frustrated and it is starting to come out. BTW Magic was really bad at it, usually in games the Lakers were losing. Its actually more common than it should be but it wouldn't hurt if the officiating was more consistent.
cthroatgtr

Postby JLaker17 on Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:05 pm

Lakerjones wrote:
easyguy wrote:

I've always found D. Wade pretty guilty of this same thing. Not saying more so. But maybe equal.

Thats who came to mind with me as well, its not that Kobe doesn't whine, he does, a lot, but most players do. Its just regardless of whining or not, for a guy to shoot 41 times and there was not one foul is just ridiculous.
JLaker17

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion